Need a damn Place to Play

I have a group ready to go with an every other Thursday night schedule 6-10pm but I can't find anywhere open after 9pm, most places only until 8pm.

I finally found a sportsbar with a separate room and an employee said great, thrusday is great come in but when I talked to the manager today she said the room was booked for every date between now and when they (literally) tear the building down in January.

My local fire station closes early and all the others "I don't live in the fucking district". The library closes at 9 and they don't have rooms available. Panera closes at 8pm. The coffee shops all close at 8pm or earlier. I'm sick of people going "play what?" when I say D&D or Dungeons and Dragons. I'm like a boardgame, a fucking boardgame, I just need a damn table or two and some chairs. Six people. How fucking hard is the concept.

Shit fucking sucks, I'm considering Target's food court as a serious option. Speaking of food court, the outlet mall closes at 8pm as well.

I'm seriously fucking bummed, I've asked my players again and again (apartment common area, college common area, any fucking place with a damn table and chairs at all that doesn't shut down 2 hour after people are off work) I've spent more hours on this than on developing a campaign.

What is left? Where else can I get a table in not too shitty a location?

>inb4 your place: my only table is in the middle of everything and D&D and toddlers don't mix
>inb4 hurr durr online skype discord: fagets I'm trying to have a social life.

Buy another table and do it at your place.

Buy a folding table and a parasol and do it in the glorious outdoors, or if you're in the city there must be some scraps of wasteland around.

Sell the toddlers to Kevin Spacey so you can afford a bigger house.

What podunk and/or mormon hell of a town do you live in, OP?

Pripyat.

Did you consider playing at one of the other player's places?

Why can't anyone else in the group host it?

You're telling me there isn't a single Barnes and noble/starbucks anywhere near you?

>inb4 your place: my only table is in the middle of everything
That's no big deal. I've had to play on the floor at houses that didn't have the proper table space. And you can always buy a cheap-ass card table if need be.

>and D&D and toddlers don't mix
There I can't help you.

There aren't any restaurants open? Preferably some place with a booth? A Wafflehouse or pizza place? You could go online and see if anybody rents out conference rooms in your area, but you'd have to shell out some money for that. You could also see if you could get a deal on a motel room, though you wouldn't a have a table setup like you're wanting.

>Buy a folding table and a parasol and do it in the glorious outdoors
That's great while it's warm, but it's hardly a year-round solution.

These seem to be reasonable questions. If there's three or four other guys there you've ideally got at least one childless friend to host it.

>That's great while it's warm, but it's hardly a year-round solution.
Can't you start a fire in an oil-drum?

I'm now imagining a bunch of bums with bottles of alcohol in paper bags in one hand, rolling dice with fingerless gloves as they huddle around a barrel fire for warmth.

You have kids.
It's your own fault.
Don't come on here whining about not being to play when YOU chose to inseminate a woman and care for her shitspawn.
You have no right to complain about your situation.
You made your bed, now lie in it.
Have fun changing diapers and feeding the kids their shitty food while they do nothing but scream and make your life a living hell.
If you can spend all this time running around talking to everyone, why can't you move the goddamn table?
>every other thursday night
What the fuck is happening the other thursdays? You serious?
>I'm considering target's food court as a serious option
Hahahahaha you pay probably 2000 to 3000 a month on a mortgage, hell, maybe more, and you are forced to go play D&D in a fucking Target food court? You are the ultimate example of failure. I am glad you are passing on your genes, at least. Even though they'll be almost entirely diluted in 2-3 generations and once you die it won't fucking matter one iota. Have fun, though. Enjoy playing in the Target food court having middle aged women ordering their starbucks staring at you and teen girls laughing at you as they walk by.
Why can't your bitch wife take care of ""your"" kids for a night? I had this same problem with a friend of mine who decided to squirt out some shitspawn. He always had to leave early to take care of his kids so his wife could do some gay shit. Finally we kicked him out because he kept leaving in the middle of sessions. If you have kids and they come first ,then you can forget roleplaying. You should have thought about that before you decided to reproduce. You made your bed, now lie in it. Don't whine to us. We didn't forget to wrap it.

lol what?

goddam

>""your"" kids

Sick thread, idiots

I mean he's being crass to the point of bait but op is literally asking sports bars and contemplating target rather than putting up with his own kids. is a $40 table really that fucking hard to come by?

Is that you OP? u mad?

He's being a shit head, but to go to such lengths instead of just getting the kitchen table to himself and his friends once a week or whatever is ridiculous to the point where you kind of have to question the OP as a person. Basically him and the OP deserve eachother

>but to go to such lengths instead of just getting the kitchen table to himself and his friends once a week
Once every other week, dude. Remember, on the odd Thursdays his wife needs to the table so Jamal can bend her over it.

we probably got baited by op to be honest, there's no way this shits real

We play at my work. Two of my players are also my IT department. I guess we could play at my house. But I have this great, big, conference room. We have a projection and sound system in it, in case we have to impress the shit outa investors. I use it for D&D 'cuz I'm a giant nerd, and being a giant nerd gets you really good jobs.

Squat at a park. Keep doing your thing.

Play at one of your player's house?

>I had this same problem

show me on the doll where your friend hurt you

He didn't hurt me, just fucked up my campaign a bit and made me feel incredibly sorry for him in a weird way.

Don't forget the part where you made your bed, and then the part where you lie in it.

It's real.

Barnes and Noble is the best suggestion honestly. The one I go to is in the opposite direction and I didn't even realize there was a 2nd one, them being total dinosaurs and all. Open to 10pm and everything. Starbucks actually all close at 8 or 8:30 until you get past the B&N and then it's 9pm.

Two of them are millennial bf/gf who each live with their parents. One is a 74 y.o. grandma and probably has cats. The other two are my age, further away, and for whatever reasons home doesn't work.

>You have kids
It's like you're talking about a game you don't actually play and even though you pretend you have no actual idea what it's like. Plus the whole kids thing.

The kids are great, it's the fact that if I'm here I have to be the enforcer and I can't get up every five minutes from DMing my group- game night is literally my only adult time with anyone to talk to but my wife.

You'll NEVER fucking guess where I work.

>He didn't hurt me
You keep telling yourself that. My kids are fucking amazing and I wouldn't change a thing about having them, not for the most amazing game room in the world. Plus you're missing the whole built in player base for life part. Just as soon as they can read- actually I already game with them, but they're a little young to appreciate a good campaign arc.

B&N guy 1, everybody else 0

>One is a 74 y.o. grandma and probably has cats.
Probably your best option. What's wrong with using her place?

Have you been to your grandmammas ever?

Actually for all I know she might live with her daughter- none of us have ever been to each other's places, save the bf/gf. I've suggested; I expect there is a decent reason for each not to volunteer.

Yes I have. When she was alive she hosted monthly family gatherings there and had no cats. Plenty of room for a session. What's your problem with cats aside from losing dice?

>It's like you're talking about a game you don't actually play and even though you pretend you have no actual idea what it's like.
Oh I do. I just don't have the retarded rationalization of pretending you didn't fuck up.

I fucked up. Totally. I mean I bought into 4e once and I still have the books much to my embarrassment.

But it's easy to judge when you don't play and you just autistically shit on everything people in real life go through because you truly have no idea and secretly hate it. You're like a 3 year old, mad that mommy isn't paying enough attention to your autistic ass anymore because your parents dared to have a baby. Poor baby, will some more (You)s make it better?

LOL okay buddy whatever you tell yourself.
You chose to have kids.
That's your life now.
You have no right to complain that you dont have time to play RPGs.
Why the fuck are you only able to play every other week anyway?

>27 cats in the picture
Jesus Christ, lady. Cats are cute and all, but you're going a bit overboard.

You work from home? That's neat af.
I don't think love and fulfilment is "fucking up", user. I swear I'll never understand people who don't like kids.

Buy a folding table. Stick it anywhere when it's game time. D&D tables don't need to be gloriously set affairs in pristine splendor, strew is fine. I find setting the table in front of your couch makes things conveinent, couch seats are a little low but they're comfy.

If you want to get really fancy, there exists exactly one table that has never let me down: a 48" square folding wooden banquet table. It has a lot of surface for every kind of game, you can even fit most wargames. It's hard to find and as far as I know there's only one make but if you hunt you can get one, and it really does fold away like a charm.

True, the kids are still a problem, but if you can't get them out of room x for four hours once a week you probably can't be out and about either since they clearly need your attention.

Other than that... seems like your home town is hell. I live in LA, if I wanted to host at a venue I could go to just about any restaurant and expect them to be open to 10 or later.