Ani

>A master monster tamer retires to become a monster farmer
What monsters could possibly become "tame" enough for this?

You're the gamemaster, it's your world. You set the criteria for what it takes to domesticate whatever species. Not everything has to be dug up from a monster manual.

Would a domesticated dire wolf be a dire dog?

Dire wolfhound.

Given that they're fantasy species that don't necessarily follow IRL behaviour patterns, and that magical means of taming might exist, I'd honestly just go with whatever feels cool.

Personally I'm a fan of griffons, hydra and basilisks. Small Golden Axe style dragons/other big lizards are cool too.

Dogs have been selectively bred, I don't know if many people would have wanted giant fucking clumsy dogs who eat a ton and knock shit over all the time - but then again, who knows. Probably a niche for them in war or hunting.

Slimes.

Nope, just a tamed Dire Wolf until millenia of selective breeding and training turns it into a Dire Hound, with the biggest breeds the size of houses while the smallest the size of dinner tables.

Sweet. I thought I was going with a special snowflaky route.

Aboleths. Is he a master or isn't he?

Shooting for the stars I see.

If he tames the Tarrasque, there will be but one thing left for him to do.

He will ascend to the peak of the highest mountain in the land, and await the day a challenger arrives to truly surpass his mastery.

All of the "large vermin" Monsters like dire rats and giant moths would probably make good exotic pets with training and a bit of selective breeding. Things like giant centipedes and giant spiders might be too interested in humans as food to be tamable though.

How about magically breeding and conditioning them to hate human meat and eat mostly fruits and veggies?

WHAT PART OF "GOTTA CATCH 'EM /ALL/" DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND

Is that a fat macaque. Why is the macaque fat.

>If he tames the Tarrasque, there will be but one thing left for him to do.
Take it to town and watch in horror as the townspeople murder it without resistance? Then become a saint

inb4 succubus
>Ugh, the meatbag thinks he can "tame" a fallen angel who literally lives in hell and has had nonstop BDSM sessions longer than his maximum lifespan. Whatever, I'll play along.

>she plays along
>but he just keeps making her fight kids' pets for money

What things could you sell from demons? Blood? Hair? Blank Contracts?

Tourists feed him junk food.

Would a blink dog make for a good service animal? Or would he just teleport out of his leash whenever he sees a squirrel?

If you can train a hyper active dog to be a good seeing dog, I think a blink dog can do it. Maybe more training than usual.

>I know a guy who breeds Dire Mastiffs
>We weren't surprised the dwarf could ride one, but we were surprised the half-orc could too

Noice

Just keep the halflings away from your blinkdog.

> Acquire 'dropped/damaged' dragon eggs
> Seek out mentally defective dragons
> Either selectively breed or lobotomise dragons
> Remove fire breath and claws
> Feed on shit-tier fish offcuts
> Use rapid early growth to create affordable dragon hides
> Sell on grand exchange
> Continually breed until you create chickens
> Profit $$$

Catgirls

AD&D Forgotten Realms talks about farmers who live near a swamp and raise Catoblepas because their milk is used in making an exotic cheese. Given catoblepas can literally kill you by looking at you funny, I'd say there's quite a few tamable monsters out there.

Plant type monsters

Perfect