You have ten minutes each, TEN WHOLE GODDAMN MINUTES because I'm feeling generous today...

You have ten minutes each, TEN WHOLE GODDAMN MINUTES because I'm feeling generous today, to come up with a thematically appropriate ONE-WORD title for a D&D-style fantasy character class, referring to a primarily melee weapon user who also can cast a few arcane spells for defense, mobility and utility.
That means it's NOT a pew pew fireball blaster mage who happens to carry a melee weapon for emergencies. The melee weapon is the primary means of dealing damage, in case that makes a difference.
I'm loking for a name that is ONE WORD, and that excludes bullshit compound words like "spellsword" or "battlemage", ONE FUCKING WORD, NOT TWO WORDS MASHED TOGETHER.
It has to sound appropriate in a lineup of basic archetpal classes (fighter, mage, thief, cleric), which you'll note are NOT COMPOUND WORDS.
THE CORE BOOK WOULDN'T CALL A FIGHTER A "FIGHTSWORD" OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT.
ONE. WORD.
IS. THAT. CLEAR?

No

Skulk

Maverick

>Templar
Took me 12 seconds.

It's a Spord

Unrelated to the thread request, in a Final Fantasy game it should be called an Orange Mage

Gish

Warriorceror

Dragoon.

"Sortilegier" would be a linguistically appropriate neologism, indicating an early modern/late Medieval infantry soldier armed with spells. Compare "cuirassier," "cavalier," "pistolier," etc.

But really, a fighter who can't cast spells. Someone who fights and can also cast spells is a spellcaster first and a fighter second.

swordcerer.

Faggot

Faggot

Kang

Latent

Wuxia, or even xia.

fuck you, makin gay ass demands and shit. make one up yourself yah fat fuck

Exemplar

Red Wizard.

What would WE and WUZ classes be then?

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.
ALLOW ME TO CLARIFY: WHEN I SAID ONE WORD, OBVIOUSLY IT CAN'T BE A WORD YOU JUST MADE UP OR A WORD FROM A FICTIONAL LANGUAGE.
IT HAS TO BE A WORD THAT HAD A MEANING LONGER THAN D&D HAS EXISTED.
ALSO "SPORD" IS CLEARLY JUST SPELL AND SWORD MASHED TOGETHER SO YOU FAIL EVEN WITHOUT THIS CLARIFICATION.
ALSO "WARRIORCEROR" IS CLEARLY JUST WARRIOR AND SORCEROR MASHED TOGETHER SO YOU FAIL EVEN WITHOUT THIS CLARIFICATION.
YOU ARE MOCKING ME AND I HATE IT.

"Shade". Has more supernatural connotations than Ninja or Assassin, both of which would utilize techniques that are more personal advantage rather than combative.

Jedi

Blademage

What about Swell?

Samurai

>melee weapon user who also can cast a few arcane spells for defense
Elf

Shinigami

whoops, wrong pic

Bard. Spells, swords, and charm. Don't want to sing or play an instrument? Recant warcries, poems, and grand speeches of bravery and previous deeds. Don't want to dance around like a prissy elf? Show off flourishing technique and well rehearsed manuevers and make the battle itself a dance with you in the lead, playing your opponent like a lute. And in the end, you get the lady. Not just because of your dominance in combat, but also because of your chiseled features.

Fencer.

Paladins didn't cast spells as well in chivalric poems, so why not?

"Noble"

That would mean OP literally answered his own question with the pic...

Geomancer. Manipulates earth, sand, and stone to maximize his advantage against his enemies but ultimately is an offensive attacker. Basically would be a barbarian with a strict amount of druidic spells.

LEARN TO READ.

If you live near upstate SC, I’m looking for some coke

How about 'autist?'

If you're gonna be so arbitrarily specific, how about 'Synergist'?

Gypsy?

'gyptian bodyguards

Pathfinder literally already did this for you with Magus.

These are all good

I was thinking "bard" before seeing the .jpg.

"Shaman" if you want to lend a more wood-grain, walnuts-and-blueberry vibe.

I'm sorry portmanteaus trigger your autism user.

Sortilegier is the best answer.

That's a fucking garbage idea in the first place. Kill yourself for wanting it to be a thing.

>Reaver
> Brave

>ONE WORD for a guy who does TWO THINGS with NO COMPOUNDS
This is idiotic. There's no word for a blacksmith-baker or butcher-barber either, why the fuck would there be one word for a mage-warrior?

You basically describe spellblade/spellsword, like why your OCD for not using compound word even matter? I don't see people getting butthurt over the word pancake and it became it own thing successfully. Any word can work as long the class itself is successful enough on it own.

For the sake of discussion I would just steal the Golden Sun term Adept (short for adept user but can be use just fine shorten to the single word) as that what they basically were. Magic users who use weapons as their main source of damage but use magic non-stop for puzzles and shit.

>what is a paladin

Templar
Hero
Crusader
Paladin
Paragon
Belmont

I just remember I had this saved. I have a massive fetishes for classes, charts and other shit like that. Take your pick yo.

Faggot.

>Sortilegier

I like it. How do I pronounce it aloud?

Why does nu-Veeky Forums think race-as-class isn't great?
>b-but why are all dwarf/elf/halfling adventurers the same?
Because you are not an elf adventurer. You are THE elf/dwarf/halfing adventurer. Demihumans are rare enough that an adventuring demihuman is the only one of its race.

Well, naturally that doesn't work as a statement for all settings. There are plenty of settings where nonhumans are common enough that such an assertion seems strange. There's nothing wrong (or more right) with that.

Mostly because I can't stand races of more than say 10,000 people as a monolithic cultures.

Settings should match the mechanics, not the other way around ( unless you're making a homebrew system )
You are an idiot. You might as well say D&D is broken because not all settings have vancian casting.
Race-as-class was cool and only a snowflake "but moooom i want to be a ELF fighter instead of a fighter" thinks otherwise.

Now elves are just humans faggots such as yourself pretend you are roleplaying as anything other than a human with a gimmick. Fuck off, go play a wizard and pretend you are a sorcerer and whine about those rules too.

Skald
Pagan
Cultist
Cultist
Chaplain
Valkyrie
Arcanist
Fury
Backbiter
Jack
Spelljack
Man-at-arms
Inquisitor
Witch Hunter
Martyr
Zealot
Heirophant
Ardent
Argent
Mercurial
Warpriest
Prodigy
Apprentice
Savant
Scholar

Ricochet

Monk

Sweeper

Librarian.

Man-at-arm

Man-at-spells

I am not entirely sure.

Vanguard.

kek

Trickster(illusions and distractions mostly)

Enchanter(self buffs, enchanting your own weapon)

Wuxia( melee fist fighter utilizing power of Chinese bullshittery)

Shaman(more akin to Berserker + druid-like mage)

Witcher(just joking, but name could fit if you disregard the franchise)

>insert madeup word in madeup language

Swordomancer/blademancer(not two words mind you. Telekinetically manipulating blades, summoning ethereal swords etc)

Indecisive.

Stick to one thing you multi-dork.

Man-at-charms

Its less that they're monolithic, and more that they're typical. A half-elf is gonna have issues with outliving their human parents, and will eventually fit in with neither elves nor humans etc, necessitating being mobile, self sufficient, and a little elfy. Its just that simple. Its an archetype.

Bonus question: outside the arbitrary class restrictions, why should he have to?

Because I said so.

You trying to defend class-mixers, jabroni?!

Na, I just mostly play games without classes, and though I get that it expedites character creation and helps streamline some things, the way D&D has always handled it seemed a bit shit to me. For example, a ranger is functionally a bad fighter/rogue/druid. It basically has no functional identity of its own and people give it a pass.

Dragoon

Mobile fighter/ranger who uses magic to rapidly redeploy for stratigic flanking

>he doesn't mix classes to make his characters just as he likes them.

Duelist.

If you mix magic and spells, I can only think of cocky, gish warriors using illusions to prop themselves up defensively before swashbuckling.

Shit that's brilliant.
>When a wizard goes to war he levies all slightly magically attuned serfs he can, who can just barely use magical devices and scrolls.
>He outfits them with whatever random magic nicknacks he had lieing around and presses them into battle.

Thanks for the ten minutes, dude. You're a generous guy.

Skald

Thats not even kindof what a skald is though.

Slasher

After thinking about it for a while, there isn't any pre-existing word for a weapon using magician - at least, none that don't have any other connotations or imply something different.

I'll go ahead and say "wielder" since the ten minutes are almost up! Since the guy is someone who wields weapons and also magic, but that itself is still pretty off the mark that you were looking for.

Nigger

Proctologist

Witcher

Striker.

Nigger

Hexer

Telumancer
Telum is latin for weapon
mancer for magic user
It would certainly fit in with the other types.

Weaver

Dabbler

Eldritch Knight

Warlock

he's got divine spells tho

POINT-BUY IS MY BLOOD AND SWEAT

Occultist

Leper

You don't get con bonus to your HP
Your casting score is con
At the start of the day when you prepare your spells you may trade a spell slot for 1d10 of temporary hp

Theurge

Sear