Citadel Butt Plug Edition

>Tyranid Stratagems
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/02/codex-tyranids-preview-stratagems/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=fnAYHVXR0Hg [Open]

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDF
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

Soon

>mfw Jormugandr will drill all your boyholes with giant snakes.

Its deep drilling time!.

Jormungandr confirmed for lemon-scented and worst girl?

Are the squats the solution to the nid problem?

If I wanted to start playing Orks what's the best way to go about it? Just stalk ebay until you find a cheap lot and strip it?

I actually miss Guardfags now. Can somebody tell RGG to end his exile so I can see more unbiased, painted batreps?

Looking to bring this to my LGS for a 1500pt game. Mostly because its what I have painted besides the Electropriests which are a WIP. How does this list look? No idea what I could be playing against.

Is there any non-LOW character that can 1v1 the Swarmlord? Draigo with Heed the Prognosticars, maybe?

Also I can't wait for the Ork codex and Ghaz's upgrade.

>How do I Start Collecting! an army?
HMMMMMMMM

>mfw I recognise the source

Is there a full pdf/epub of the nid codex out there?

Can Straken with his new Warlord trait? He seems like a bad dude.

>Nids and chaos arguing about who is the biggest threat

Meanwhile, the largest and strongest ork who ever lived, leading the largest Waaagh! ever seen, with a dozen clones of himself, was wiped out by a single space marine chapter

>Squats & Oats
>everyone in the Imperium is permanently Veeky Forums

So has the Outsiders pity sphere been retconned?

>mfw grey Knights have the tyranids menace covered
Holy shit dudebros, I played a game against Nids which added in the little bits we have from leaks and boy howdy, even with them GK murderfuck the bug-loving losers. Highlights from the game:
>4 hammer-wielding Paladins deleting a haruspex turn one
>pair of dreadnoughts taking down a trygon prime with twin lascannon and heavy psycannon
>GM in dreadknight 1v1'ing a hive tyrant and utterly destroying him with a combo heavy psycannon+hammertime
>apothecary getting 6- yes, six- mortal wounds on an exocrine with purge soul
>a strike squad popping in some psybolts and gunnning down 6 warriors (thank god for rerolls)
>the glorious space hulk feel of purging some 70-80 gaunts over the course of the game
>the doomglaive from above stepping into the ring and BTFO'ing a carnifex in a single round of combat
>then the other dread giving a similar treatment to his remaining warriors
>Paladins rocking the falchions (with 5A each) brutally facefucking a bunch of raveners
>most importantly, the truly badass MFW moment of getting first turn and dropping both my 10-man strike squads right in front of his genestealers blob and taking the fuckas home at the open with nothing but storm bolters and the emperor's fury
There were other good moments and I wish I had the thought to get pics for a batrep, but suffice it to say I'm confident Nids aren't a threat with good tactics and Big E's blessing

You should probably start by looking at the codex and trying to come up with a loose idea of what you want to use.
Then you can go to ebay. I got a megaforce for half price there once. So if you are lucky you really can get a good deal.
Especially when GW does a box set like Black Reach or that Blood Angels Campaign box thing they had.
Orks are not as popular as Space Marines so the bids usually don't go as high.

nigger the book hasnt even come out yet

intercessors good for blood angels?

Hey, can you please help me understand if this hobby is for me?

I've become quite interested in it recently, although I would have preferred to collect and play Fantasy, if it was still around and kicking. I really like the strategy/modelling aspect of the game and was thinking about getting a small IG army to start with.

Problem is that I am quite busy with parenting for the next several months and then I am starting my contract in London, which for the first 6 months will render me completely swamped with work. Moreover, I have a 2 year old kid running around and my wife is a bit anal when it comes to nerd shit - not terrible and controlling, but still anal.

TL;DR Is this hobby suitable for someone with little free time and negative environment at home?

Any guesses when the 1k sons codex will be out? I am having trouble deciding how to build the rubrics because I am uncertian due to the new codex and all. Current thousand sons suck however.

I love that my Ka'Bandha Denail has reached other Brothers of the Blood

>intercessors good for blood angels?
>intercessors good
No.

> I am having trouble deciding how to build the rubrics because I am uncertian due to the new codex and all.

same boat here user, I'm thinking a month or two into 2018

user at this point i think everyone recognizes the source

More like the Nids were the final solution to the Squats problem lol.

no

Id recommend using your time to grow a pair of balls to not let your wife govern what you do with your free time when you literally slave your life away providing for her

is this gimmick worth it?

two units of 6 spore mines
deepstriking at 12"
On turn 1
move 3"
advance 3d6 pick the highest (average 5)
kraken stratagem doubling the result (average 10)
mines are now within 3" in charge phase
they explode for a half-dozen mortal wounds per unit

cost 3 CP

Spore mines have a special rule saying they never cost reinforcement points, so these are free-free

y

Nah, not even close. He hits pretty dang hard with 4 S7 attacks hitting on 2s rerolling on the charge, but at AP-1 and 2 damage he won't scratch the paint on Swarmy.

I'm sorry user.

To be fair Tyranids strength isn't about any one guy either, even the Swarmlord jobs all the time. It's the strength of the whole that matters.

Not just that
You can't even preorder it yet

sounds like you got some hot dice user

Anyone want to hear a battle report for bangles vs nids? Text only

Are you talking about war of the beast? Because that wasn't a single chapter, and that nearly broke Terra unlike Horus' tantrum. War of the Beast showed how dangerous Orks could be. Modern Orks are nothing compared to that, but, it is a tale of what could be.

When was that? Are you talking about the Beast?

What is their endgame?

It's weird the the mechanicus don't have a dedicated transport, right? The people who make the dedicated transports for everyone else don't get them.

To be spooky Halloween Decorations

flayed ones specifically or necrons as a whole?

How about a Vortex Missile Strongpoint?

Transports are dead anyway

Cost way too fucking much

This

alternatively show your wife Tyranids and get her into the hobby too

>RGG
What and who? This acronym(?) sounds super familiar but I can't place why.

Flayed ones.

What if Tzeentch wasn't the god of planning and scheming, but the god of taking credit?

What if Tzeentch was the god of "I meant to do that? How would wh40k be any different?

That would be a total cost of 4CP, require you to have the first turn, and only one of those units can use the Stratagem.

Might still be worth it if the target is right.

Not having minis and shit around when you have a toddler is understandable, but fuck your wife for being a judgmental bitch about how you innocently want to spend your time.

It's possible to do hobby stuff even with little time (I have to deal with that myself) so long as you motivate yourself to do just a little bit with whatever time you have free. As for the negative environment, I'd say do it in a lockable room that the kid can't wander into and drink paint, and away from the prying eyes of your harrion wife.

skarbrand? bloodthrister of insensate rage does a lot of damage

So can a destroyer get the flayer virus and if so what happens?

To be the most fashionable Necron.

They're crazy. Got infected by a vengeful ailment from a c'tan

How do we make Mono-Daemons great again?

Overpriced for how easily they melt, especially to D2 weapons. They're not bad or unrunnable per se, they're simply the least useful of the Primaris infantry for their point cost right now.

They're ok if you just want to park a group on an objective away from spooky D2 weapons and melee units, but past that they're a tad meh.

They aren't sane enough to have an endgame.

Oh yea I guess. Seems kinda odd it comes with a painboy and not a Warboss or something.
Well I've always liked the looten and crazy tech side of Orks so I'd probably do a Deff Dread Mob style list with some boy support. How many boys should I look into getting? I hear you kinda need alot.

There would be literally no difference.
Half the time Tzeentch's own plans hinder his position in the great game because he knows if Chaos actually wins then there will be nothing for Chaos to feed on so the god of change is ironically keeping the status quo

>TL;DR Is this hobby suitable for someone with little free time
GW's business model is to push as much plastic crack as they can.
IG is a horde army. You'll be painting even more models than the guys doing Space Marines and pay more for it too.
So if time is that much of a consideration I'd advise you to either pick up one of the playsets by GW, which usually comes with a predetermined number of models and you can sell it to your wife as a boardgame, or drop GW and pick up a skirmish game instead.
There are a shitload of other games on the market that need a lot less miniatures and would be more feasible to get involved in for someone with less time.

>and negative environment at home?
That's something you gotta work out with your wife. I'm kind of with on this one.
Do what you want with your time.

It certainly felt like it, but aside from psybolts taking down warriors I checked and it was all pretty much statistically average. I just thought it was funny people saying GK flounder against Nids only for me to find they generally conter them very well

>Transports are dead anyway

>Cost way too fucking much
Enter the Wave Serpent.

>Is there any non-LOW character that can 1v1 the Swarmlord?
Probably not, but fuck the Swarmlord, Old One Eye solo's Guilliman and Knights on the charge now.

The general opinion of most primaris marines is that they are generally pretty shit, but are there situations when they're effective?

Go on ebay and buy loads of boyz for cheap

120 is a good standard for your lists, enough to support yourself and not be useless, but not enough to take over your entire list

>Old One Eye solo's Guilliman and Knights on the charge now
bullshit

That is truly funny, but I'd wait for confirmation on the relics on named characters thing

Sounds like his nid opponent was just trash.

If there is no difference between Tzeentch being the god of "I meant to do that" and the god of infinite masterful planning, is it not simpler/easier to believe that he's only the God of "I meant to do that"

Really, I'm amused by the idea of an incompetent God yelling "JUST AS PLANNED" regardless of outcome.

The avatar of khaine goes toe to toe with no buff Swarmy.

>so I'd probably do a Deff Dread Mob style list
Then ebay is a good place to start. As long as you are not too picky.
> How many boys should I look into getting? I hear you kinda need alot.
My advice may be a bit outdated, but in a Kult of Speed army you don't need a lot. In that case you'll only pack a few guys to put in trukks and the rest are gonna be bikes. If you want to use cans and stuff like that you are gonna be a bit slower anyway, so loading up on footsloggers isn't a bad plan.

>require you to have the first turn

Yes, but If you don't get first turn you don't have to spend the CP or spawn the mines, so it's not like it's committing part of the army to a tactic that only works half the time.

>only one of those units can use the stratagem

Good point, it's impossible to make it into explode range without using the strat so really only one unit will be blowing up first turn

Was mathed out in the last thread.

People don't know how to play against 'Nids. They never learned how cuz 'Nids historically sucked. Now everyones freaking out.

All you have to do is kill the synapse creatures.

Yes.

the redeptor is decent. Standard primaris aren't that good, but a squad of stalker bolters sitting in the back in cover blasting at IG heavy weapon teams is something I like

Hey guys, I need some help choosing a Hive Fleet for my Tyranids. I know the book isn't out yet but the leaks covered almost everything and I can't decide.

So, usually I played (at 1500 pts):

-Swarmy
-Malanthrope
-2 Carnifexes (OOE and Stonecrusher)

-Exocrine
-Hive Guard
-Warriors for backline synapse

-Trygon Prime with ~20-30 Devilgants

With the changes I'm planning to hide the Malanthrope in the back and give the Carnifexes spore cysts. But I'm still unsure which Carnifex type to play and which Hive Fleet.

Repost since I'm still unsure..

>Yes, but If you don't get first turn you don't have to spend the CP or spawn the mines, so it's not like it's committing part of the army to a tactic that only works half the time.
That's a good counterpoint. In that case, neat trick if you find a situation where you think it will make a difference.

Well I specifically mentioned that she's not controlling about it - I do my by-weekly RP nights with friends and am generally free to do my shit. But she cannot help but dislike it, hence me mentioning it; at most I get a few eye rolls and teasing here and there. If she was a controlling bitch I would have dropped her long time ago - and certainly would not have wanted to have kids with her.

>you literally slave your life away providing for her
We both work. Moreover, since I am between jobs, for the time being it's technically the opposite. Again, I'd not have wanted to live with a toxic leech.

buy the ork christmas bundle coming out, grab a start collecting if you're itching to get some models built and painted

its probably most useful for "sniping" support characters that aren't fully bubble wrapped.

>and give the Carnifexes spore cysts
OOE can't take spore cysts and unless FW FAQs it Stonecrushers can't either.

If you're really unsure just go Jormungandr, get 2+ save on the Exocrine and Trygon and bring another infantry unit in with the Trygon for only 1CP to support the devilgaunts.

he had some shitty grey army with bright orange bases and was super autistic, he posted blurry-out-of-focus pictures as a "batrep"

Can I use the updated points cost for Eldar units in a Ynnari army?

>Implying Tyranids aren't but playthings for the Deldars
Good one user

How the hell do i play Alpha Legion in a fluffy way? The CSM Codex certainly doesn't seem to fit them.

>ork christmas budle

wat

Not only can you, you have to.

>Codex Daemons gives benefits if your detachment contains keywords for aligning to a single God
>Khorne Daemons get deny the witch stratagem and reroll charges trait
>Tzeentch Daemons get Psyker stratagem and +1 to psychic tests trait
>Nurgle Daemons get some mortal wounds dealing disease stratagem and the -1 to hit outside of 12" trait
>Slaanesh Daemons get copy pasted Emperor's Children stratagem and the Night Lords -1 Leadership trait
Calling it now.
I do hope each of the three psychic gods get a 6 power discipline each while Khorne gets a Blood Tithe stratagem, and three Warlord Traits for each God.

Whats in the Christmas bundle?

gw sells army bundles during christmas time, buy as many boxes as you can afford because they're limited and save a good amount of money

but like I said, if you need something NOW grab a start collecting

What would you take as troops for SM then? Scouts or tacs?

Tacs are so expensive but I feel like a plasma or lascannon could be nice in the squad. But scouts with bolters and cloaks can play a good midfield game

>The CSM Codex certainly doesn't seem to fit them.

Yeah it does.

>he knows if Chaos actually wins then there will be nothing for Chaos to feed on
This isn't true. Chaos lives in infinite dimensions and doesn't need mortals to survive.
>inb4 Carnac
Just because you don't like something doesn't make it untrue.

I'm beginning to think Tyranids should be allowed to ally with Slaanesh for how similar the players tend to be.

Use ultramarine rules.

Actually since someone mentioned it, how much do the christmas bundles typically go for? I might need to get some extra hours in so I can afford one, and have all the miniatures I need to paint for a year.

Not a bad choice! Skarbrand deals a fuckton of damage, can even get the Swarmlord to degrade on the charge. Wait, with his +A aura he does it in one round, and that's through the new 3++. Clears the S threshold for wounding him on 2s, which is big.

Really a matter of who swings first, since both Swarmlord and Skarbrand (and the Insensate Bloodthirster) deal enough damage to degrade the other in one turn, at which point it's a done deal. Really, whoever swings first wins. Looks like we got a match!

Just play codex marines and paint the front like ultra marines and the back as alpha legion.

FW had a list with SM character leading human cultists. That may work.

Nerfs

>transports suck

When a list that spammed razorbacks and fucking tac marines topped a tournament