Smuglord Edition

>Tyranid Stratagems
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/02/codex-tyranids-preview-stratagems/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=fnAYHVXR0Hg [Open] [Open]

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDF
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

First for White Genocide

First for Kronos is best fleet

Second for craftworlds in the webway

Is there anything Craftworlders can do right?
>laughingwyches.jpg

Nth for Chaosfags on suicide watch, Based Kronos laughing in bio-plasma

Plastic Regiments When?

First for purge the fuckers that play tau

Smuglord is cute.

Behemoth is FFBF

First for orks will still get shafted this edition

>implying Chaos is the only one who uses psykers
>implying all Chaos armies use psykers
>laughs in Noise

Reposting this here for answers.

Who is the better option, Castellan Crowe or a Brotherhood Champion? Let's assume I make them my warlord, give them Hammer of Righteousness, the Cuirass of Sacrifice, and Hammerhand. They also both have 2+/4++

Crowe gets an additional wound and an additional attack, with a possible 5 extra attack if he gets a wound, which is likely since he can reroll both hits and wounds. His weapon has no AP and only does one damage, but he does have his 3" D6 mortal wounds smite.

Then there's the brotherhood champion, who is nearly identical minus a wound an an attack. He as a Nemesis sword, so it's ap3 d3 damage, and can choose to add +1 to wounds rolls or to give himself +1 to his saves. This saves him from things with -1AP and at least means he'll always get a chance at a save vs. stronger stuff. He only has the regular smite. Additionally, he can take a different warlord trait, like the one to reroll failed charges for every GK within 6"

There's only a 10 points difference between the two, but I'm having a hard time deciding who is more useful. Crowe has an awesome smite, but his weapon is total garbage. He can still do up to 10 attacks with it though, so he could ruin some GEQ.

Reposting from last thread

>thinks power armor and range will save him from being nommed

O I AM LAFFIN

I have a kit of unassembled Nid Guard, which I bought with the intent to build Tyrant Guard. Are they worth their points? When defending the Swarmlord, at least? Or should I just build Hive Guard instead?

Things shall get loud.

So are the Tyranids going to get any new models?

Guarding Swarmlord is the only use for Tyrant Guard. But you can always build the kit as Hive Guard which are very useful fire support.

not with this release, who knows about the future though.

>tfw working a second seasonal job just to buy more plastic crack

Kill me

Well Crowe can't take relics, so there's that as well.

Not anytime soon. The Screamer Killer is a variant of Carnifex, so while the model is the same, the unit is new. Sort of.

Following a binge-watching of our Lord and Savior Duncan, I'm starting to paint some old-school primary-color bright and shiny Second Company Ultramarines. Just starting out but already looking nice and corny.

Honestly, the Hive Guard are more useful at this point. I mean, they are great for giving him more wounds, but they're not mandatory with the buffs anymore.

Go for Hive Guard, They're amazing this edition. Good range, good gun, decent number of shots, good damage. I've yet to have a game where they don't fuck something up each turn unmolested. Just stick with the base gun, not the Shock Cannon.....thing, it's a worse option in every way compared to the Impaler Cannon.

It doesn't seem like much in the way of new models this time around. Maybe once all the codices are out they'll go to new kits?

is there any ulthwe painting guides that arent with a spray gun?

So how useful are Noise Marines in a non_EC list?

What's everybody working on?

After like 3 weeks I almost finished this part (I'm a slow painter), one final pass left to clean up some details.

Literally no one is getting new models except the two armies that were in the starter set until all the Codexes are out. How have you faggots STILL not figured this out?

>NO new models for GK
>NO new models for CSM
>NO new models for AdMech
>NO new models for IG
>NO new models for Eldar
How many times are people going to fucking ask if a Codex is coming with new models when it's like one week away, when new models are previewed months and months in advance???

working on

Wish I had a better camera.

I'm just a casual who hasn't been keeping up with the news

building some Bullgryns.
Not sure how I want to paint them.

Are we getting new models for orks, tau, or nids?

>It's a worse option in every way compared to the Impaler Cannon
It is both cheaper and hits vehicles harder, and considering Tyranids lack good anti-armour outside of the Exocrine, the Shock Cannon sounds appealing, at least. That said, against non-vehicle targets, the Impaler is definetly superior.

The only exception is if they do a standalone Nurgle Daemon codex since they WILL be doing a dual release with AoS.
By the by, did they give the Glottkin's model rules for 40K? I remember them saying they would (And having him in the background of one of the new death guard spoiler images)

Hmm. So you're right. I guess his sword is relic enough.

That's in favor for the champion. I guess really its: 4 attacks that will have decent AP and near guaranteed wounds, or up to 10 attacks with hit/wound rerolls that might not do jack shit. Then I guess purifying flame vs. Cuirass of Sacrifice. Hmm.

Rate my Blood Angels, going for Semi competitive

2000/2000 points, 109PL, 6cp

Battalion
HQ (348 pts)
Captain (80 pts)
> stormbolter, power Sword

Librarian in Terminator Armor ( 163 pts)
>Force axe, Stormbolter

Primaris Librarian (105 pts)

TROOPS
2x5 tactical squads (90 pts each)
>2x lascannon, 3x bolter

2x5 tactical squads (78 pts each)
>2x plasma gun, 3x bolter

HEAVY SUPPORT
Baal predator (164 pts)
>twin assault cannon, 2x heavy bolters, stormbolter

FLYER
Stormraven Gunship (322 pts)
>2x lascannons, 2x stormstrike missiles, typhoons missile launcher, 2x hurricane bolters

DEDICATED TRANSPORT
3x Razorback (100 pts each)
>twin assault cannon

Patrol detachment

HQ
Captain (93 pts)
>chainsword, combi melta

TROOPS
5x Scouts (90 pts)
>Camo cloaks, Sniper Rifles

ELITES
Company Veterans (167 pts)
>1x combi melta, 4x melta

Officio assasinorum detachment

ELITES
2x vindicare assassin (90 pts each)

Thinking of dropping one of the captain's for a sanguinary priest but idk if his resurrection is worth it over re-rolls

3 tac squads + 1 captain in razorbacks with the 4th joining the veterans and captain in the raven

So when does the Nid codex actually come out?

cute color scheme tyranigger here r8 and h8 faggots its a rushed job to test the scheme

FYI taking Assassins gets rid of your chapter tactic IIRC.

>he thinks power armor and not having Psykers will save him from BS 3+ dakkafexes rerolling 1s
>ignores the fact that Kronos is made to counter chaos fuckery
Chaosfags truly in denial of Tyranid supremacy

I'm hearing Synthwave just looking at this.

Not true. HVC is decent now, TFex shits on enemy armor now too, Stonecrushers shit on enemy armor, OOE backed Crusherfexes shit on enemy armor, Biovores shit on enemy armor, Neurothropes are also looking like they'll be able to inconvenience vehicles as well.

Cute. The contrast between skin and carapace is very low, but that just makes it more natural, like a real iridescent insect.

Come on Kronos, you're a ranged hive, I'm a ranged Legion, let's see who falls under the sweet cacophony first.
Fuck yea
Not bad, good cheap shooty elites with mobility that get to shoot when they die.

BAs don't currently have a chapter tactic, I think?

A fair point, but I'd like to counter with the fact that it's got a 24' range compared to the Impalers 36' and also requires you to have a LoS of your target putting the Hive Guard in danger of return fire. Though I agree, it is better for dealing with T8 vehicles, I'd still just take the Impaler for being such a great workhorse.

I have a few vaporwave armies so its fitting :^)

>The only exception is if they do a standalone Nurgle Daemon codex since they WILL be doing a dual release with AoS.
They aren't going to give them a standalone Codex, there will be one Daemons Codex and it won't come out until Slaanesh is getting updated. Probably we'll see the new Nurgle stuff added into a campaign book or just have downloadable PDF rules in the meantime.

>By the by, did they give the Glottkin's model rules for 40K?
Not yet, but it might still get them with said Nurgle update.

11th

Tyrannofex Rupture Cannons are actually decent now. Heavy 3 S10 AP -3 Dmg d6

Fires twice if it stands still.

Im the fag who suggested it in the last thread. I like it! Id suggest darkening down the carapace a little, right now it's a bit too blue and blends in with the teal on the body. Other than that, good stuff.

well this was my other idea I had painted before I tried, I didn't paint the fleshier bits though just the carapace to test the blend

>this style of posting
Wait a minute are you one of those WAACfags who keeps switching armies and grey tides, selling the old strongest army when it gets nerfed to buy the next army that's on top of the meta?

I think he's just having a laugh to trigger carnac.

I got a resin baneblade from a buddy that died in the middle east. I got upset with his death and smashed it while crying. I have the smashed parts in an ammo can.

Where are you getting this info? Also, are those the base dmg stats, and not some bs "if both shots hit, get better stats" deal?

Honestly, I like this one too. The black with blue and the spots goes well together.

Booring boxes this year.

The whole thing pretty much has leaked on the Tyranid Hive.

And yeah that's base stats on the Rupture Cannon. It's basically a 6-shot lascannon with +1 strength now.

>No destruction
Reeeeeee and such.

>Heavy Venom Cannon
It is decent, yes, but it can only be taken on Tyrants, which I'd rather rush to the front line with their 0 points quad rending claws.
>Tyrannofex
I heard the Tyrannofex is bad now? It's a big gamble with the Rupture Cannon, which has great AP if both shots hit, but both shots don't always hit.
>Stonecrushers
Forgeworld. I don't want to pay double the price for an already expensive carnifex.
>OOE with Crusherfexes
Are Crusherfexes even usable for their points? Crushing Claws are very expensive, and considering they'll be in melee anyways, the second weapon should be Scything Talons, which become more expensive when picked solo.
>Biovores
Yeah these are good.
>Neurothropes
I don't know the stats of the new Neurothrope HQ.

I might get the KoS even though it will be terrible at least until a codex.

Did NOT see the kult of speed box coming. The specificity of the tau box though is strange to me, never heard of a Raj,sid intervention. Maybe it,s confirmation that we,ll get Tau before the end of the year? I,m keeping my fingers crossed!

What is the 3rd one ?

>>Tyrannofex
>I heard the Tyrannofex is bad now? It's a big gamble with the Rupture Cannon, which has great AP if both shots hit, but both shots don't always hit.

See

What's even in the guard one, two infantry squads, two chimeras and a command squad?

what the fuck did they do to fleet foot?

Nvm I'm fucking blind it says rapid inzertion, just let me go kill myself real quick.

>but it can only be taken on Tyrants
Slap it on a Carnifex with enhanced senses. Also Harpys come with two of them.

>I heard the Tyrannofex is bad now?
It's mediocre in the index compared to exocrines, it's fucking amazing in the codex.

>a bunch of other dumb shit talking about index stuff
Just read the leaks, dude.

>WAAC
Literally have never touched a model in my life, Im just having some fun. I’ve wanted to collect Tyranids for years but never had the time or money to do so. Now that I have a new job I’m thinking about getting into it, mostly for the hobby side. The gaming scene is practically non-existent where I live and I have no idea what anyone actually plays

Kult of speed. looks like a few bikes and a couple of trukks

kinda surprised no tyrannid box

YES, this pleases me as I can now bring out the giant fuck you cannon and actually have it do what it's supposed to.

What do you mean? Like, the rule? They got rid of it and gave most of those units that had it +mv rather than a shitty USR they rarely used and for the assaulty units usually gave them a charge reroll in addition.

What model was used for this? It's a sylvan head I believe but what's the body?

Ork box looks like
>Mek
>Shokk attack mek
>6 bikers
>battlewagon
>trukk
>10 boyz

Thats all I can tell, no idea what the other 2 models in the box are

Well that's suck, I was expecting Ravenwing + Deathwing. Oh well.

Are we sure this is all of them and there aren't more on the other page?

Fair enough, check around for a local game store that sells it, you might find people to play with there.
Nids are cool, I may play Chaos but I like them. Now that they're getting a codex it'll be more fun to test myself against the local nid players, though nidzilla is a bitch to fight without dedicated anti-tank lists.

>Slap it on a carnifex with enhanced senses.
Oh yeah, Carnies have access to BS 3+ through that now. I might actually do this. What should their second weapon slot be? Deathspitters? Cheap devourers? Crushing claws for AP in Melee?
Also
>Harpies
>BS 5+
>Taking anything other than Barbed Stranglers
>Taking Harpies at all instead of the autohit Drool cannon hive crone.

They got slightly cheaper as well which is even better.

user, if you're going to fuck me with a piece of plastic just use a strapon.

it's "Lady of Depravity" from CreatureCaster

>It is decent, yes, but it can only be taken on Tyrants, which I'd rather rush to the front line with their 0 points quad rending claws.
Goes on Carnifexes and Harpies too.
>I heard the Tyrannofex is bad now? It's a big gamble with the Rupture Cannon, which has great AP if both shots hit, but both shots don't always hit.
Had a huge buff and point reduction which makes it a contender for taking over an Exocrine.
>Forgeworld. I don't want to pay double the price for an already expensive carnifex.
Understandable.
>Are Crusherfexes even usable for their points? Crushing Claws are very expensive, and considering they'll be in melee anyways, the second weapon should be Scything Talons, which become more expensive when picked solo.
Crusherfexes not only got cheaper, but with OOE and charging, they will be hitting on 3+ and pretty much shredding through anything you can throw them at.
>Yeah these are good.
Damn right they are.
>I don't know the stats of the new Neurothrope HQ.
70 points for something that can Smite and Scream, dealing decent mortal wounds.

Fulgrim?

Still waiting for pic related
Any day now

>>Harpies
>>BS 5+
They're BS 4+ until taking damage, and 2d3 S9 AP -2 Damage 3 shots is pretty fucking good even with that.

fucking finally a khandron overlord box

It's so adorable.

I dig it

Wait, which thread am I in right now?

>Neurothrope is 70 points
Jesus, a below 10 wound Synapse support for that cheap? And it doesn't even have the "you may only have one of these in your army" rule. I might spam them.

How do the Forge Worlds stack up crunch wise?

From what I can tell in order of strength it's:
>Stygies vs ranged armies
>Lucius and Mars vs whatever
>Metalica and Graia if your army is mainly skitarii infantry
>Agripinaa if your enemy is a horde of melee units
>Ryza if you're running 1000 points of fulgurites or rust stalkers all day long

My main foe is nids, so I'm thinking Lucius to counter his genestealer and deathspitter spam. My army is about 30 skitarii, a couple of onagers, 3 dragoons, and a beep boop death squad.

what, i can't be excited and interested in sky dorfs?

Don't forget the 3++, buffs to Zoeys, and being HQ let's you fill out Brigade tax for cheap.

>My main foe is nids
My advice is to give up, I've smashed AdMech in every game I've played against them without the codex to buff us.

probably count the boyz as 11 models and throw in a painboy, brings in to 22

...what?