Why is the term "Beer and Pretzels" game? Beer and pretzels are not a good combination to have while playing...

Why is the term "Beer and Pretzels" game? Beer and pretzels are not a good combination to have while playing. The pretzels live crumbs everywhere and can't be properly enjoyed while focusing on something else, while beer that's good to eat with pretzels is the sort of beer that needs to be appreciated in peace. It doesn't make sense.

You aren't playing a beer and prezels game if the two don't go with the game.

Also, you clearly don't play real wargames on sundays with retired military, since it's always beer and pretzels, even if we are playing Challenger 2000.

Because in countries where people actually eat beer and (real) pretzels, its a communal activity where people shoot the shit and have fun. The games they're likely to play in the process are simple, hence its used as a benchmark. Yes. You shouldnt play Munchkin in a beer hall, however it is simpler than D&D or Arkam horror, so it gets called Beer and Pretzels.

Do people actually eat pretzels?

what other use is there...?

Driving pretzel engines

Using as improvised handcuffs.

I can't remember the last time I saw a pretzel

Throwing weapons

Yes, because if properly done they are delicious.
They also make you fat, but they taste great.

In my country for the longest time real "big" pretzels weren't a thing, we only got these tiny crackers called "pretzels".
I always assumed this was what the expression meant: a big bowl of pretzels on the table to munch on, like potato chips or cookies.

Isn't this the case?
I don't know about the British definition of "pretzels".

For a true Yiddish experience, a pretzel must be large enough to choke on and salty enough to bring tears to your eyes.

Those are pretty good for tabletop though. They're not oily to ruin your models.

It's because the idea is that the game can be enjoyed with snacks with your tipsy friends. Not that you would know because you probably don't have friends that are actually fun.

>the pretzels live
Has science gone too far?

Soft pretzels dingus, don't add salt if ur a messy dumb fuck

>The pretzels live crumbs everywhere
Close your mouth while chewing.

Basically this, except "my country" is America and I know what pretzels ARE, I just don't know anybody that eats them

I like both types; soft and real pretzels.

This is the most autistic thing I have read, and that is a feat here.

I honestly can't tell if this is trolling or actual autism.

>cant be properly enjoyed while focusing on something else
Bitch it's a pretzel, not a culinary masterpiece. l don't need to sit still in a sensory deprivation chamber to feel good about popping a pretzel in my mouth.

Beer is absolutely a necessity of gaming & pretzels are needed to replenish bodily salts from all that drinking, as the HHGttG would say.

Where are you from? I'm never going there.

Where I'm from, every morning l wake up in a pile of pretzels, take a quick mustard shower, and then wade at least 300 yards of the pretzel sea just to get to my first class: Beer 302.

I'll give you a hint where this is, it's Wisconsin. You should come visit, the pretzel forests are lovely this time of year.

Brit fag here, I'd call them pretzels. The Americans have giant ones, I assume that's what they're talking about.

not really a fan of them tho, twiglets or mini-cheddars would be more common here.

>The pretzels live crumbs everywhere
my god, zombie crumbs.

>eat beer

Wisconsin's not real is it?

>Real wargames on sundays with retired military

Holy shit are you me? I literally visit my dads friends, a mix of retired "government farts" as they call themselves on Sundays twice month for Beer and pretzels and war games.

It usually devolves to shit talking and movie quoting

As a Yank, I can tell you that no, Wisconsin isn't real. We made it up. If you try to go to the place on the map that we call Wisconsin, you just get more Minnesota. We really have 49 states and are just hoping that no one really notices. So far, no one has, so I think the secret's still safe.