Connected to Chummer.Hub...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Waifu Tradition of Magic: Fact or Fiction?.cdx
>Driving_For_Tossers.adf
>Living in the Database: The Logic Horizon.txz
>drone-repair-and-retrofitting.shp

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 564 (73% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Bathroom Renovations'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running TBPEX_S07E21_IceCreamCastles.trd...

>Watch your animes
>Sub straight
>Conserve ratio
>And never, ever call a dragon's waifu shit

Media junkies unite! What kind of entertainment is available to you or your runners?

I wish we got more story times like 2D's. The hope of getting in a game like that is my greatest pipe dream as a tabletop RPer.

My runner literally eats commlinks. Then again, they have illiterate and computer illiterate.

I hope he didn't get any of those for free, he could develop a case of explosive diarrhea.

>Waifu Tradition of Magic

Oh boy.

I love how this is such a shitty forced meme, yet it brings me joy.

Trog, every meme is forced.

Wrong. Some naturally develop, like blaming Patrick or Frank.

If I were to homebrew it I'd make it Intuition-based. Goes hand in hand with your Interest and Street Knowledge regarding media of choice, and also a big middle finger to the other INT-based traditions, which I've always regarded as being stuffier than usual to make up for the initiative bonus.

Initiation Groups are basically series or character fan clubs, and you can bet there will be a procession of pillows and signboards included for the ritual, pic related.

There could even be two "schools" of Waifuism: one seeks to attract the favor of their waifu in the form of a Mentor spirit, while the other endeavors to conjure their spirit waifu as an Ally to be bound with them on the material plane (this may or may not involve a marriage ceremony).

Very spirit-friendly, conjuring-focused tradition, seeking to understand spirits intuitively and completely rather than merely appeasing or seducing them. Offerings of Pocky and spaghetti are common.

Are the extra mod slots for weapon mounts on the roto drone already accounted for in chummer's mod slot limit?

Should be.

Not gonna lie. if there were drones that looked like corgis, I'd exclusively play Riggers.

Buy a corgi and make him a biodrone.
Double elastine, pallette factory (or whatever it's called) and aluminium bone lacing go a long way.

Or realistic features on an atztec crawler.

I've been looking for a *good* drone that looks like a dog. Annoyingly, none the drones that are named after animals actually look like animals.

I guess Realistic Form is a thing, but that's a lot of wasted Body mod slots.

>wasted
Style is never a waste, user.

t. always pays for wood stocks on guns and high amenities in cars.

Platelet Factories and Double Elastin are a good start to get your doggo through a fire fight.
Train him to wear a ballistic vest and add bioware fangs or a shock hand, fluffed as teeth.
Maybe plastic bone lacing for more durability and you have something that's actually usefull in a firefight.

That just gives me an idea for a rigger.
Forty-something and a relatively high-ranking employee in some corp's drone/geneware department, and a neurotic guy who sometimes gets slightly hysterical out of stress.
He blames a past divorce and a general low in his life with the loss of his beloved corgi in something as simple as a car accident, and while he's gotten back on track after that, he's definitely not over it - a good example being that he's been skewing research into animal immortality and was funneling off nuyen in the millions for his personal research.
He ended up getting fired, and with all that entails in the Sixth World - most of his research was destroyed, his corporate housing was confiscated, he was sued and fined out of most of his money and lost his corporate citizenship.
The corp didn't sue him out of his SIN, though. That's the only thing twenty-five years of seniority earned him.
Now he's running as his main job, still getting used to living on the cheap and watching your back - while he doesn't like getting his biodrones hurt, he has to if he's going to do any real research on making them immortal and making money at once.
He's mostly a simple neurotic, balding salaryman in a shirt and tie, but he may or may not have an autoinjector filled with Kamikaze and a Hand of God cyberarm in case his corgi goes down.
Fuck, that got long.

>stole millions from a corp for his own personal amusement
>got caught
>survived

Wew.

>turns out his boss is actually really into the idea so he protected the rigger enough to keep him alive
>He tragically lost his own dog in a tragic fire at a dog grooming show and never got over it

Tragic.

Fuck you its 3am

>we're gonna kill him right?
Yea-hang on, this research could be useful.
>But he stole millions!
True, and that means we're going to sue him out of literally everything. Because we're merciful.

You need to understand the scale of megacorps.
A million nuyen can buy a character a long luxury lifestyle and give them pocket money, but you can do that for a few million dollars in the modern world as well. Corporate deals regularly deal in millions or billions of dollars already today - and imagine the sums that megacorporations the size of countries with extraterritoriality, complete infrastructures and massive political pull would trade in every day.
Shadowrunners and actual traitors get fucked if they lay a hand on corp money not because it's a loss - the corp moves trillions of nuyen every day - but because it's the corp's property and it wants to make sure people don't get funny ideas.
I figure punishments would be lighter for piddling around with relatively small sums of corp money in a "hobby" context that doesn't threaten the corp, because you have to use the carrot to use the stick. If people mostly loyal to the corp and with no intent of acting against it receive the same punishment as those who try to destroy it from the inside, the corporate brainwashing collapses on itself.

This world is nothing but pain

First Noble Truth

>pic
Is that the virtual band?

Okay, so ever since Chrome Flesh came out, I've been wanting to make singeing interesting with the Blank Slate negative quality for a Street Sam.

I was figuring the best way to make the character useful is with the Bodyguard BTL that lets them use Protect the Principle for free.

Now I'm just at a loss for what fictional personafix the character uses as a replacement for their own. The backstory I had in mind more or less involved a dweeby character who got roped into the Shadows due to debt or someone close requiring their help. The personafix more or less is to circumvent their own cowardice about bullets flying and people getting killed.

Neil the Ork Barbarian is an obvious go to, but I figured Veeky Forums could brainstorm some more unique ideas.

Look to Reliable Matthew from Shadowrun: Hong Kong. Nice guy, but suffers from Social Anxiety Disorder. He slots a used-car salesman personafix chip so that he can work his shitty job, please his shitty boss, and get through the day trying to strike up conversations with potential customers.
You could make face that's similar. He wishes that he could be the center of attention that everyone likes, but he naturally has shit-all social skills. His dependence on smarmy personafix chips has left him so damaged that without them he just shuts down.

Maybe a street sam that relies on cold-hearted mercenary personafix chips to do her job, because she's naturally quite a nice girl and doesn't actually enjoy shooting people in the face for money, but she has to to pay her daughter's medical bills. Over time she has become so miserable at her double life (and double personality) that whenever she's not chipped she just rocks backward and forward.

A former mage of the Elder God tradition that learned too much, and now won't go five-minutes without a random personachip that suppresses Knowledge That Was Not Meant To Be Known.

An elf metaposeur who REALLY wants to feel like they're a real elf. Has already got the biosculpting but alots elf sterotype chips because he doesn't really understand elf culture. The chips are all low quality and basically give him the cartoon-version elvishness, so he spends a lot of time hugging trees and acting whimsical.

Could make her the daughter instead. Could make the daughter a loli.

That would be great.

Former Horizon trideo star who used personafix chips extensively to make up for her limited skill and range ( her superiors made her do it, she was too hot to reject).
Her last acting role was a serial killer, unfortunately she didn't unchip correctly at the end of filming, and now she's on the run. She has had so many chips to act in so many roles that she doesn't remember who she is anymore, and can't really function without a chip telling her what to do.

An extremely dedicated cosplayer who chipped so they could really get into the role. Infringed one too many trademarks, and now he's on the run from the corps. All the corps.

Because I'm a Sammy Code of Honor fetishist, I'd say playing it as a street punk who idolizes his friendly neighborhood Street Samurai, but didn't have the ability to follow in his footsteps. He starts using personafixes, and acts like a Samurai from all those classic Japanese period pieces. Let's you take Bushido as a Code of Honor, which could be fun.

One day Dave the wageslave goblinized into DAVOR THE GIANT. He can no longer hold down a regular job, his humanis-leaning family rejected him, and everyone expects him to be a thug. He therefore slots chips to fulfill expectations and earn a living wage. Unfortunately whenever he's not slotted he breaks down into tears over the life and family he lost.

Angus the dwarf wants to be a dragon. Unfortunately he is not, despite getting a flamethrower cyberweapon installed and a portable glider strapped to his back. Obviously the next stage is to THINK like a dragon. What could go wrong?

A former wageslave had a midlife crisis whereupon he decided that he would start running the shadows on the weekends. Being a meek drone, he decided to try using a Real Soldier (tm) personafix.

Now, half a year later, down a job, home, friends and family, all he has left is slotting up and trying to make a living. He changes persona fixes every couple of weeks to try and escape himself.

So how long does a personafix last? Could a person essentially be slotted into one forever or would it crumble at some point leaving the person a broken mess without a defined personality?

They can be constructed with a variety of durations. Most are built to become nonfunctional after a single 'trip', a few hours tops. Others can last a day. Some specialty chips might last longer, but the longer they last the more dangerous they become (it becomes harder to distinguish between real and fake memories). Because of this, most 'reputable' manufacturer's don't make many long-term chips. Street vendors don't either, because they want you coming back for lots of short duration chips more frequently.

If you were to slot a chip that lasts for days you might be non-functional at the end, because all your new memories are built upon ones that no longer function. It'd be like short-circuiting your personality.

Also most people forget that personafix's only give you the PERSONALITY. You also need knowsofts and activesofts to actually perform a new role, unless you're unskilled labor.

All great suggestions! Whacky enough to get my rocks off, but also deep enough I feel like the character can definitely grow and feel tangible to the other players.

This was more in line with my original idea, simply because I've been trying to get Move by Wires (3) to be worth it, and the thought of a Runner who Skilljacks all of his combat skills because he's too lazy to train for real/doesn't know shit about actually running shadows.

>Chipheads are fluffwise super interesting, but mechanically shit

Why is life so hard?

One thing I don't like about Rigger5 is they have an option to add a secondary propulsion, but not replacing the primary type.

Another thing I don't like about Rigger5 is that it's made by CGL.

I prefer two schools where one has guardian spirits (to protect her smile), fire spirits (to represent your burning passion), water spirits (lewd), etc. This is for my waifu. The other has spirits of man (old, fat; pleasured for money), beast (on her level), Earth (where she belongs), etc. This is for other people's waifus.

Agreed.

just make sure to have a Code of Honor, or you aren't a Street Samurai.

By the great spirit, who is that?

Also, a YNT cat suit seems to be a really neat thing since you can put in alot of stuff on it straight out of chargen.

If I want to blatantly make Omar Little as a runner, what should his Code of Honor be?

CaptainIrachka.

looks like a gi joe villainess

>Omar has a strict moral code, which involves refusal to harm innocent people or use profanity, setting him apart from other street-level characters

It's up to you and you GM to define "innocent" but I'd think that it includes people acting in self defense and not explicitly paid to hurt then.
Otherwise the quality cones too cheap in my eyes.

>alright, players, now download and open chummer5a
>"virus detection flagged it"

Pax fuck off, I'm trying to run a GAME here

>feel like playing a hacker again
>get invited to not one but two SR games
>both have handwaved Matrix

The code would be called "It's All in the Game"

Will only willingly harm those in the game

Criminals, organized crime, gangers, shadowrunners, Mr. Johnsons, likely even fixers etc. are all in the game

There are those who are not fully in the game but removed by only a degree or two. This is stuff like dirty politicians and cops or more reputable Johnsons/fixers. I think he'd go after these guys as well but wouldn't want to as there are too many people not in the game around them and he's cautious.

The big literary sci fi question you have to ask yourself tho is if Omar Little would view Joe Rent-a-cop or any megacorp security as being in on the game. I don't really have an answer for you. If I had to venture a guess I'd say he would view them as not in the game and specifically go only after criminals, like per the show.

Handwave usually means less rolls, right? Be an Edgelord hacker and wreck those "just gimme a Computer check" handwaves

Tends to be a combination of me not wanting to faff about with code signing and the fact that it checks for updates.

Lucky. I haven't gotten to play in ages.
He means "no Matrix allowed" handwaving. I like it that way.

No, it means one has a GMPC Decker and the other is in the fucking Australian Outback

SR needs more goodbois.

Does good boy want a free commlink?

would there even be any outback left?
Australia would be easy to cover in city once you sort out food and water

Australia's covered in hellish Awakened wilderness.

last I checked Australia was even larger a mess than it is nowadays

If the awakening and the storms destroyed Melbourne thats a literal impossibility. Taking out that cancer can only improve Australia.

Most of Australia is covered in mana-storms. Dreaming magic came back in full effect. Tasmania's essentially an Awakened deathworld.
Well, Sydney's completely cut off from the rest of the world due to manastorm dickery. That can only help.

Wouldn't those latter guys just be Toxics?

Not so much physical pollution of the earth, but the emotional pollution of corporate greed and the media, having lost the light of hope represented by Pure Waifus and turning to NTR.

On top of that, Omar's would ALWAYS avenge a fallen friend. Going out of his way even. If I recall, that's one of the reasons he started all the shit in the Wire in the first place.

As for rent-a-cops, I'd say "in self defense or revenge," because that would make sense. Furthermore, I would say that stealth is straight up non option for revenge considering the motherfucker just walks around with a scattergat. You would form blood feuds with anybody that kills anybody on your side, and anybody directly on their side is free game for your shotgun of righteous vengeance.

had no idea
What about the Philippines, Indonesia and New Zealand?

That Ada has some nice wongs

>Sydney lost in a manastorm
Now they just need to hit Canberra and we're all good.

I'm currently drawing up an ex-CIA (or so he claims) Mr. Johnson type who got tired of sitting in a booth and wants to shoot people with The Cool Kids (tm) - kind of a Mike Toreno-style jackass who breaks a bunch of Shadowrunning rules (part of which is wearing a fucking suit like some kind of shitty spy trid star even when he's moving through ghetto gangland territory), but somehow makes up for it by being competent in a fight. Any tips n' tricks on how to irritate fellow runners with a 'BACK IN MY DAY WE HAD CIA GUNS AND CIA TECH AND CIA CIA CIA' attitude and skills without overdoing it?

My only suggestion is to binge on Burn Notice and always Banepost in game.

NZ's doing great. Indonesia fractured. The Philippines got invaded by the Japanese, but a bunch of neo-anarchists, nationalists, and environmentalists led by a young dragon booted them out.

Only bring it up every once in a while, when it's relevant. Talk about 'amateurs' and 'civilians' in disparaging tones. Talk about how your current antagonists are nothing compared to the old FSB or MI6. Claim to know the secrets behind old mysteries like the Nightwraith incident, the real effects of the Ghost Dance, hidden clauses in Big D's will, how CFD was developed in a CIA lab out in North Dakota back in the '40s, etc.

mention your ties to the agency whenever vaguely appropriate
about to do a run of a corporate holding facility to extract a VIP?
>I'll see what strings I can pull with the agency so we don't get into any trouble on our way out
About to get air transport?
>FLIGHTPLAN

Thailand is basically 'Roanapur fucking ate all of Thailand, now throw in magic', right?

I know Korea is basically mini-Japan, but throw in the everlasting nationalist Koreans vs. Nationalist Japanese shit.

I'm honestly surprised there's not more on Mongolia/North China, which has a FUCKTON of ancient history

Dubs confirmed you're a big guy

There's some stuff on Mongolia in Shadows of Asia.

Was wanting to make an Ork street Sam styled after Doomfist, getting a maxed out Bulky Cyberarm.

Issue is I'm concerned if lugging around an arm almost as big as a person would be enough to warrant getting a Modular Connector.

The issue with this is Modular adds +2 to the Availability and Bulk adds +4, even if I take Used or Omegaware, the Customization puts it just barely out of reach at Chargen.

Is it a good call to take my Str and Agi both down a point so I can get all these goodies at once? Or should I just have an always on FUCKHUGE Cyberarm of death and worry about getting a modular replacement/sythnetic cyberarm?

Do you want to use your first 100 Karma on upgrading your base attributes?

Couldn't you just get restricted gear? are you going for any other high availability cyberware?

Yeah, I was hoping to get a Pain Editor...

Are you going to be doing work where you don't want to be memorable while plainclothes?

Muscle of his caliber doesn't lend itself to subtlety. If you wanna be huge, BE HUGE. BE THE HUGEST. ALL THE TIME. Stick a pile bunker in that shit. Call yourself 'The Penetrator'. Hire a dwarf to shout pedestrians out of your way. Put trid projectors in your arm that project light trails and lens flares when you fight.

Shadowrun uses both.

You leave that doggo alone or I'll send some commlinks to your friends and family.

Do giants have no horns but have tusks or have horns but no tusks? I can never remember.

Basically a Nazi on the run for warcrimes. As part of his cover he takes personafixes based on Mr. Rogers.

Doesn't have to be a Nazi, could have been a lot of atrocities commited in the Eurowars

Does it matter? Just make it a variant.

Almost done with watching Paul, from the fed's side of events it seems like a run gone way wrong

They're basically ents, they have barkskin

What a mess

Do active hardwires add onto skills you already have points in or can I only take them for a skill I have 0 in?

I assume it replaces your skill rating.

They replace the skill, just as skillsofts do. So you could get them for a skill you know naturally, but why you would is another question

Chummer confirmed for trojan. Man I knew I should not have trusted retarded lebbitors.

The Overwatch characters are like superhero/supervillain tier. Being Doomfist out of chargen might take some cheese. I think you have some good fundamentals, and should stick to them and set up a gameplan for Karma gains. I'd get Body and Strength at a reasonable point. Since Doomfist leads Talon, some points in Charisma and its derivative skills make sense. You can leverage that ingame to help scrounge the nuyen and connects to graduate to a full-fledged jetpack gauntlet-arm. For now, a suped obvious arm that can simply punch holes in Trolls should be within reach.