Nid codex soon edition

>Tyranid Stratagems
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/02/codex-tyranids-preview-stratagems/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=fnAYHVXR0Hg [Open] [Open] [Open]

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDF
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

First for Eldar!

A general reminder that GW thinks kitbashing scares away newbies and "Your Dudes" matters less than IP protection.

Tyranid OP Quints. Nice.

Ok, I don't like this stratagem because of all of the moving parts it needs to work. You need 3 units of 3 zoanthropes. At minimum 9 zoanthropes, so you need to buy 3 boxes. They then cost 360 points to field. Then you have to have all 3 units be undamaged for the stratagem to go off, AND THEN have them move up the field 5+d6" at a time to get within 18" of the point you're trying to shoot at, AND THEN you need to roll several 4+(5+ for characters) to deal 3d3 damage.

Here's a question, why wouldn't I just drop in units of thropes in a pod? It moves them up the field instantly, brings them into smite range quicker and technically does more consistent damage.

4 zoans cast 2d3 smite and psychic scream both on 5's. That's 3d3 at the nearest target.

I hate mandatory 3 bugs per unit minimum. On tyrant guard, hive guard, venomthropes, zoanthropes, and pyrovores. Not Biovores for some reason, though.

It costs too much for what they bring and in the case of zoans makes them MUCH worse. A single zoan used to cast a smite-equivalent AND a bonus power, and cast smite again for each other zoanthrope.

Its almost 800 points for a Neurothrope, 3 units of 4 zoanthropes in a tyrannocyte, and can either use the sniping stratagem on drop, or cast 4 buffing powers plus 8d3 smite damage (2 per 3 units of zoans, one from Neuro, scream from Neuro).

But it requires 5 boxes of zoanthropes. 5.

Why couldnt it just be 3 units of zoanthropes, no matter how damaged they are? It's not like they can't cast smite if a unit is down to 1 of 3 models anyways. Whats the point? The identical space marine Vindicator stratagem, except it uses 3 durable 12w tanks that won't disqualify the stratagem until fully destroyed, and shoots at a range of 24". Straight upgrade.

GW are fucking cunts for squatting chaos vehicles.

>GW basically says stop being so autistic and have fun
>Veeky Forums doubles down on autism
Never change

Space Marines
>children
Space Wolves
>old fat guys who write an essay for each model
Blood Angels
>nobody plays this faction
Dark Angels
>see above
Grey Knights
>depressed people
Chaos (all kinds)
>see: Space Wolves players
Imperial Guard
>wears camo pants, often nazi
Space Elves (all kinds)
>artists and homosexuals
Orks
>casual and relaxed people (make friends here)
Tyranids
>women and "women"
Tau
>previously assholes who play 40k like it's dota, currently just children and weebs
Necrons
>unusually friendly, probably homosexual (may be in relationship with eldar player)
Admech
>always complaining about something, even when winning

You don't "have" to convert your HQ choice, you do it because you're past the first two weeks and interested in taking part in the hobby properly.

Because the Stratagem is a lazy Ctrl-C Ctrl-V of Linebreaker Bombardment from the Marine codexes. What, you thought GW actually playtested this?

>Blood Angels
>nobody plays this faction
I disagree with this because all I've encountered are gay BA players. Also I feel like you should break up chaos into the different Gods, Khornefags are usually supreme edgelords whereas Slaaneshfags are tyranid+eldar players x1000

Fucking forgot the image as usual...

Stuck together to fit the new rules, went for

-Claws, tusks and bone mace to maximise anti-vehicle and monster melee
-Spore carapace for defence
-Deathspitters because talons wouldn't have done jack shit if he's using claws anyhow.

Post pictures of nids

Define "The Zoanthroapes." Does this mean *all* Zoanthropes, only the initial unit, or only the three units of three?

Plastic aspect warriors when?

>Softly

What, couldn't afford a real tissue brand?

>stop being so autistic and have fun
>and have fun
>have fun
>fun
Converting models and kitbashing is fun you fucking loser.

>favorite unit for 5 editions
>suddenly considered op garbage and everyone rushes them every game I play

And a trips! Truly the Hive Mind has blessed us!

how many women have been EGGED by these nids?

The 3x3 on the not!-formation

Which one should I play, NetEpic or Epic Armageddon?
What are the differences between the two.

No shit autismo. Just because its not it the codex doesnt mean you cant use it. Stop playing with WAACfags and have some fun. Or just keep getting triggered like a pleb

>Slaaneshfags are tyranid+eldar players x1000
Slaaneshfag here, can confirm, I'm /d/egenerate as fuck.
I'm getting one of those ovipositor egg toys and making eggs filled with drugs to dissolve in my ass and you can't stop me. I won't be doing anything in lethal doses or even big doses though

Do you have any idea how rare a meta that allows homebrew is?

>he thinks index options will be around forever
I have bad news for you and your index only models

awww yeah

do the player herself count

>I'm getting one of those ovipositor egg toys and making eggs filled with drugs to dissolve in my ass and you can't stop me.
Magnus orders you to cease at once.

As far as I read this you need 3 units of 3 Zoanthropes to make it work.

Which makes the ability pretty bad as who the fuck wants to buy and run 9 zoanthropes.

>they dont have comfy friendly playgroups
My condolences. I'll think of you while i enjoy my fluffy garagehammer

>do the player herself count
only if she posts bobs

I was going to warn you about that being nothing but a slippery slope, but then realized you're already way far down it.

I get that the RAI means the the 3x3+ units, but the RAW is ambiguous enough to argue that "the" only refers to the first such unit, especially if you try to shoehorn the Empyric Channeling Stratagem into acting as a precedent. Bad RAW seems to go part and parcel with Tyranid Writing though, like the multiverse-ending Pyrovorss of 6e/7e. Just...reread this RAW.

So whats you're opinion on models without the gear they're actually equipped with?

>Magnus
>Telling others they should not do something and expecting them to listen

The sweet, sweet irony...

Fuck off Magnus you're not even my Primarch.
I hit the cliff and started freefalling a while ago.

>when a pyrovore explodes on the table next to you

>I get that the RAI means the the 3x3+ units
Ok then.

>Orks
>casual and relaxed people (make friends here)
My favourite retarded meme from /40kg/
Ork players are either obnoxious retards with terrible hygiene that constantly go on about WAAAGH and DAKKA DAKKA, or they are whiny cunts that constantly complain about getting the short end of the stick for 7 editions straight. I have to know, I'm one of them and I hate every single one of them

I'm new to 40k lore in general but want to start running Dark Heresy with my old D&D team because we've all gotten bored of high fantasy settings and from what i've heard of the 40k universe it sounds crazy and fun.

My question is is there any way in the setting to incorporate certain alien problems in a good way for a small team? I know I still know almost nothing about the lore, but it sounds like enemies like necrons or nids are only seen in massive numbers and wouldn't be a scenario of like "a small pack of xenos attacking a village and you go stop it" type thing

Please tell me someone has the latest White Dwarf?

Magnus is smart though so can be held to a different standard.

:^)

> IG is nazi

Hardly surprising as everyone who is not a turbofag leftist is considered nazi.

Ork players are either full-autistic rules lawyers or a-ok conversion addicts.

My are opinions is as long as it's a distinct model that cannot be confused with other gear its ok.

Depends.

No frag/krak grenades, sidearm pistols and shit like that - whatever. But "this dude with no arms and his head missing has a thunderhammer, stormshield and jump pack" is pushing it too far.

>with terrible hygiene

I do love a good musk.

Post pic of upcoming bundles/battleforces, preferably for non ants

Im not questioning how it works. That seems pretty rock solid to me.

My problem with it is that its fucking useless. At worst it's impossible to use, and at best it is highly impractical.

>Ork guy at game store
>was able to use some kunnin and metagaming to win games in 7th
>everyone liked playing him
>8th rolls around
>he gets rolled every game
>increadibly bitter and constantly complains and lashes out at people for being WAACfags because they beat him

What the fuck? Why is there no title? Took me half an hour to find the general thread. OP you bastard,

>has White Dwarf

Yo.

>That paradox when no units below T7 could ever fielded due to the Plane of Infinite Exploding Pyrovores, which also prevents the fielding of Pyrovores.

how long realistically until orks get a codex anyways?

>30 minutes
>to find something like 40k
user are you a retard?

>Imperial Guard
>often nazi

Kek, so true
Last week a guy came to my shop with this

Sometimes this is done on purpose, keeps the autism down especially now that America is starting to get on
Of course this also limits posters in general

Care to share?

I find it more interesting he actually spent 30min JUST searching for something on Veeky Forums

I'm waiting for you to say what you specifically want.

Reverse image search is a thing user

Just because you're a smelly retard doesn't mean other ork players are

>"BUY MOAR ZOANTHROPES!!!" - the strategem

Wow, how subtle GW.

Gav Thorpe doing an AMA on the Reddits tonight 8pm GMT

inb4 muh reddit
ask him why ADB is a better writer

I just want to be happy

Man if I had that I'd be sharing it with my depressed friend first.

January at the absolute earliest, unless something crazy happens and GW decides to not do some special bullshit for December.
Realistically speaking, March or later. January will most likely see some flavor of Space Marines and Febuary the corresponding Chaos faction. Or maybe vice versa. After that we might see xenos again, but I could also see something along the lines of Major Imperium Major Chaos Minor Imperium Major Imperium Major Chaos for the first few months.

What does the rules state about units consisting of models with different keywords? For example Deathwatch gets to bring a Vanguard Veteran with their Kill Teams. Does the entire unit count as having the 'FLY' keyword then?

Nigger what?
Do you search for anything other than '40kg'?

How many kids has Gav diddled?

so someone can just get a probability chart and figure out whats super powerful across the board and whats not. and you can see a shit ton of stuff thats not worth it at all and what have you.

why is it then that the shit isn't balanced within that at the very least?

like it honestly can't be that hard for gameswork shop to get a little excel sheet that they can change the numbers in?

I understand "some things are better than others" but there are some crazy balance issues that aren't matched by point values.

>tfw only one place in town for wargaming
>mfw they realize this and are actually really cool dudes when it comes to friendly games

There's dozens of minor xeno races in the galaxy who are in conflict or even an uneasy peace with the Imperium. Tau Empire sized and below. They're just not important enough for a presence on the tabletop.

Alternatively, Genestealer Cults are an "alien problem" that crops up all over the Imperium and quite suitable for DH.

>I know I still know almost nothing about the lore

Mutant human cultists who worship Tyranids. If the cult gets too big their psychic signal draws a Tyranid invasion to the planet. See: Lovecraft, Innsmouth etc

>can't operate find & replace to find shit in 2 seconds

You bastard indeed

After plastic Sisters and Fires of Cyraxus.

Many stratagems are renamed copies of 7e Formation benefits. What did you expect?

How did you stumble onto your forever army? For me it went like....
>Start Grey Knights back before Ward touched them
>had a blast deep striking them onto Guard formations, still remember the time I dropped them onto a barn roof and my GM and 5 Terminators splatted on it
>my buddy had some Tau and after losing about 12 games declared he was switching to Chaos
>bought his Tau and another guys used Tau
>had lots of fun tank battles with Guard buddy
>eventually I decid to get some Necrons, even with the phase out rules
>have some fun with Phalanxs and Monoliths
>have the urge to get back to Grey Knights but I decide to ally in some Space Wolves
>Both forces are all Terminator armies
>Fast Forward a bit
>The now Chaos guy says his brother bought a Ork get started box
>we all think Orks are retarded
>Eventually have a fun little idea where I'd make a joke army in secret and pull it out on them
>Buy the Ork codex
>Completely dumbstruck by how amazing the fluff and the artwork is
>Fast Forward again
5 years later I'm the owner of probably over 12k points of Orks

How'd you find your soul armies?

got to r/warhammer at 8PM and find out!

Or you can sell the motherfucking autharch model with the alternate weapon etc. options you fucking retarded GW.

I took the photo and only posted it on my 40k whatapp group.

I really doubt there is a copy anywhere on the internet.

Stop fucking shilling the AMA. We get it, it's happening, now shut the fuck up about it you colossal fag

Would you consider an 1850 alpha legion army with 2 units of 10 berserkers, 2 lascannon havoc squads, combi plas termies, and a leviathan, all in the same list a bit too rapey for a tourney at your LGS?

just like every other succesful marriage.
I stuck with it even if i hated it and learned to love the first army I chose.

Someone create a new general because OP is a retard who cant even write the title.

Claiming ADB is a good writer is too unsubtle a troll.

That's some unhealthy levels of smug

>Ctrl+f 40kg
>???
>Profit

Don't be a retard user.

meh, I can't blaim them for appreciating the aesthetic.

>Doesn't type both warh and 40k in the search bar

Hey, what do you want?

Chaos is accurate if you make the following addendum include:
Khorne
>see: Space Marines players
Slaanesh
>see: Space Elves players

>Wanting a running thread replaced because OP didn't use a name that nobody searches for anyway

It's a tournament. Unless whoever arranged it explicitly said that only fluffy lists are allowed and wrote it down in the rules pack, you shouldn't have to feel ashamed for taking the gloves off. Only retards go to a tournament without expecting to run into competitive lists.

Anyone who spends more than a certain amount of time on Reddit every week should get a little mark next to their name so shills like you are even easier to pick out
I'm literally shaking I'm so triggered

> tourney
Nope, tourneys are specfically when you are free to be an absolute WAAC try hard faggot.

Deathwatch have quite an extensive bit in the unit entry with all the details on how that works for that unit.