Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Tell me about your weapon of choice, /pfg/. Does it have a name? A reputation? A mind of its own?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/92301/volorexis-inspired-voyage
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/92311/volorexis-lady-knight-voyage
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93553/a-wizard-tower
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93719/welcome-to-north-high
youtube.com/watch?v=Lct6x-XqWrw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Currently recruiting games

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/92301/volorexis-inspired-voyage
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/92311/volorexis-lady-knight-voyage
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93553/a-wizard-tower

I think there's a problem with your sheath

How would you build him?

Why does nobody ever play a dwarf?

Urogue or slayer with bard VMC.

they're boring and uninteresting

Because dwarf women aren't attractive.

What's the right page to make a /pfg/ on?

This one was made on page 4.

I was going to play a Dwarf in two weeks, but the other guy is playing a Dwarven Forgemaster/OD, and someone has to cover arcane magic and ranged combat.

It's just the two of us. If we were going to have a third player, I might have played a Dwarven Investigator / ? gestalt.

For PF, the falcata. 19-20/×3? Sign me the fuck up!
From real life, sabers are very nice both to use and to look at
From vidya, nethack's dwarven mattocks. The mental image of killing a demon lord with an oversized gardening tool is quite entertaining, and also their stats are ridiculous

Any page without an anime trash OP is fine by me.

How popular are half-orcs?

Very.

wew thats a half orc

Yup
That's also a popular prostitute for hobgoblins

Mechanically? Because they're kinda meh
Fluff-wise? Because Paizo has done nothing but consistently shit on them in favor of other races

The question is which RotJR going to fuck her first?

>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93719/welcome-to-north-high
>DHB posting
>DHB interested

>Dwarf women aren't attra-

None, probably. Ducharg is clear across the continent from Minkai.

First, fuck off with your celeb bullshit.

Second, none because last I checked JR doesn't go anywhere near Hob Gob country.

Like that's going to stop those thirsty fucks.

>Shaving her beard
Shameful

My current 3.5 character is a dwarf ranger 8 fighter 4 tempest 3. Going to go play him tonight in Expedition to Ruins of Greyhawk. Complete mess of a build but he's fun. I like dwarves. No one in my PF group I GM for wants to play one, except one player who quit. At least I convinced most of them to at least be humans.

>bearded lady memes
I want Peter Jackson to leave.

>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93719/welcome-to-north-high
I have my member of the cooking club ready. I hope you're ready for curry.

Wh-Why is this in Pathfinder?

Isn't Pathfinder the worst possible system for this?

Get a better grasp of the system and pathfinder is awesome for this.

>Get a better grasp of the system
The deeper and deeper you peer, it's shit.

So I'm a new player in my first pathfinder game and we had a barbarian and a rogue. So I figured I'd try an Oracle Paladin and keep everyone good with lifelink while getting in some hits. But while I bought points in char and con, I completely forgot to put points into str which is at 10.

We then had a 4th join and he's playinh a Lunar Oracle. Is there anything I can do to my paladin so that he doesn't end up being a healing bitch the whole game?

There's nothing to "grasp" because it's so divergent it basically isn't Pathfinder. It's just another one of these games using that partial gestalt meme for something it was never designed for, and suffering for it.

There's nothing to grasp because Pathfinder isn't even a good system for what it tries to do, much less for other genres.

I'm just gonna build something comically overpowered but then have my character be a distinctly "side character" or "joke character" style individual. Get shit on as the running joke then finally when PvP happens reveal my real power level and entirely wipe the floor with who ever I fight.

Won't let my memes be dreams. It's Furuichi time.

>Elephant in the Room
>AND PoW
Oh boy, I can't wait to use Power Attack even though I dumped Strength for Muleback Cords.
With free Weapon Finesse... and Deadly Agility on a curve blade with 1.5x Dex!

>make Power Attack still require 13+ Str
>1x cap on DA and apply any Str penalty to damage with it

there you go, now fuck off

Drifter no

>Tell me about your weapon of choice, /pfg/
My favorite is the maul/earthbreaker. Im also a big fan of the humble dagger and having lots of them

First is ok, second is too much.

Second seems perfectly fair to me, if unnecessary. I really don't see people dump strength period unless their trying to make rape bait.

> that partial gestalt meme for something it was never designed for
I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind intrigued on taking an NPC class and using Partial gestalt as "build a class".

My character has a Silver Longsword, a ghost touch whip, a holy heavy repeating crossbow, three silver chakrams and a returning dagger.

Ask your GM if you can take a mulligan on your stats, if he isn't an asshole he'll understand.

I feel the opposite. The listed features are too barebones and it doesn't work with archetypes. I can't see how you can build anything all that interesting with this meme.

My battle cleric is currently using the "Spear of White Ash", which I'm pretty sure the GM took from Baldur's Gate or something. +3 longspear with a 5% chance on hit of doing an additional 1d6 damage...which doesn't seem like much, though I guess it's better than nothing.

1x cap on stat-to-damage seems fair enough for Dex's investment, and no matter what people are going to screech about hard Str dumpers. Seemed like a safe middleground, and still infinitely less retarded than anything Paizo does with it.
>2nd feat for 1.5x again, tack on some bonus side effect to make it less of a joke

I think there's a problem with your sheathe.
I mean, game.
Fuck it. Both. Both have serious problems.

nd feat for 1.5x again, tack on some bonus side effect to make it less of a joke
No way unless you get STR something to poach from Dex like that. You're still enabling dex builds to be more efficient than STR in the long run by enabling 1.5 Dex to dam like that.

>which I'm pretty sure the GM took from Baldur's Gate

Am I autistic for wanting a game of Pathfinder in Forgotten Realms? Like set around the time of the Baldur's Gate games (before all the Spell Plague crap). Even if parts of it are Ed Greenwood's Magical Realm, I still find the setting really comfy in places.

>No way unless you get STR something to poach from Dex like that.

This to be honest, which is something I'm more in favour of doing. Like giving a feat that grants STR to AC, Initiative or Reflex. Maybe a combo of said benefits.

>Am I autistic for wanting a game of Forgotten Realms?
Yes. FR is fucking terrible and doesn't really play to any of modern D&D/Derivative strengths.

it's a case of "no matter what you do, someone will bitch about something". I would not mind Str poaching things as it deserves to have a chance to finally shine, but leaving both 1.5x dex and that is a safer way to go.
Dex still loses out on damage due to size increases.

Fair enough. Probs my the best way to handle it. Thanks

>Dex still loses out on damage due to size increases.
Which are pretty cancerous and should discouraged.

Well I'm not a fan of the setting, but at least it's better than Golarion. There are some places that actually seem really cool (the Unapproachable East, Shining South and Serpent Kingdoms regions), but every DM just goes with the most boring part (Sword Coast).

I don't really like how FR lore has been shaped so much by mary sues though. Personally, I'd rather go with Eberron or even Greyhawk compared to Faerun.

>but at least it's better than Golarion.
I disagree strongly, but hey opnions

Nah, it makes things fair. If you want to be a Dexfag, you've got to limit yourself to Medium size but you get a whole slew of extra benefits. If you're a Strfag, you get one of the easiest methods of increased damage but very little else going for you.

No it doesn't.
>Dex fags get more benefits, but it's okay because the STR martial has to suck the casters dick to be worth it
Fuck off, and turning into a giant is just fucking lame in general honestly.

how would you fight a vampire?

In a match of regular ole fisticuffs, beating him with the natural strength of my arms.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lct6x-XqWrw

With hugs

With sunlight, reflected sunlight (moonlight), garlic, and flowing water of any kind, up to and including rain, a hose, hell, even a handful of splashed water works, as the water would still be running down the vamp.

I enjoy unarmed, hammers, and axes. My current character has a Huge hammer called Earth's Call and a Gargantuan axe called Sanyi. Earth's Call was his original weapon, so it carries more of a reputation as of now.

it has to be immersed in running water

5efag here, going to be playing my first game of pathfinder in a few days. My dm is one of those guys that loves crit and fumble tables, and he also told me that pf is way less forgiving than 5e. Is there any type of cheese in pf that I can use to avoid this lolrandom fuckery like the Lucky feat in 5e? I know that feats are class dependent, and i plan on playing a Magus, if that helps.

Humans, gnomes and halflings all have ways to negate nat 1s and getting good confirmation rolls is a way to also avoid them (because in PF you need to roll a second time to see if the crit comes to fruition)

>My dm is one of those guys that loves crit and fumble tables
Do a 360 and moonwalk away.

>Humans, gnomes, and halflings
Is there anything preventing small races from using a greatsword? I want to be strength and two handed weapon based. If not then I guess I can settle on scimitars

No, you just get smaller attack dice.

How regularly does your character takes a bath?

Every couple of days at least. Streams are plentiful in the area, thankfully, but not all of them are safe from monsters.

She prefers to take a sauna.

So anyone got some dank leaks of Ultimate Wilderness yet?

Water is sacred and too precious to use for anything but drinking.

Oh okay. Thanks user

>bath?
You mean that thing that non-casters use since they can't use prestidigitation or create water?

What is this the Middle Ages? This is the Renaissance. Bathing makes you sick!

Whenever she can, but it's not as often as she should. It's hard finding time between fighting and exploring.

Hey /pfg/ I'm DM'ing a campaign for my friends and I've come across a problem.

Combat bogs down the pace incredibly quickly. My knee jerk reaction is to tweak the enemies into glass cannons but I don't know if this is a good idea. Most players are decently fast and only take 20 seconds on a turn deciding actions.

What do I do?

>You mean that thing that non-casters use since they can't use prestidigitation or create water?

Smelly Dumb Martial Scum

Play a different system.

No, really. Slow combat is inherent to the game. Turning it into rocket tag will only make things more unenjoyable.

Why are discussions on dex to damage and deadly agility suddenly a lot more common? Did something happen within the last week?

STRfags being insecure is something we've always had to deal with around here.

Basically this

Anyone know what the aspects are like? They seem like they'll make or break the class given that it doesn't even seem like it gets Ranger/Paladin style casting.

+2 bonus to blahblahblah

With garlic since it's the one thing keeping them from turning into an ordinary plate of pasta

>Tell me about your weapon of choice, /pfg/. Does it have a name? A reputation? A mind of its own?

Dueling swords, as my character was and in many ways still is a Swordlord. Currently it's just a mundane - albeit masterfully crafted - blade, but with a recent windfall I hope to craft a tricked out sword worthy of a name.

Repostan
>4+Int Skills, nothing on its class skills I can find
>Defensive Instinct, as far as I can find, works like Monk's AC bonus, but grants half bonus if you wear druid armor rather than going away entirely
>Six archetypes in the book: Elementalist Shifter, Fiendflesh Shifter, Oozemorph, Rageshifter, Verdant Shifter, Weretouched
>Oozemorph has your PC be an ooze that turns into your humanoid race, rather than a humanoid that turns into ooze, initially works like an hour/level version of Alter Self
>Fiendflesh has a Brute-Vigilante style "will save or lose control of your character" mechanic
>Verdant Shifter is Plant Shape, fuckall information otherwise
>Weretouched gives DR/Silver, also fuckall information otherwise

for other shit, off the top of my head:
>Brawler and Hunter both supposedly get FIVE archetypes each
>Paladin and Antipaladin both got stuff
>there's a Nature Magus archetype
>a whole page of rage powers, SIX Barbarian archetypes
>Leshies are a playable race now, though their racial stuff is being tweaked to account for being a 0HD race now
>there's a vigilante archetype with divine half-casting and a witch patron, and also a single-animal wildshape

Well my character always lovingly named his weapons, forged in his very own forge and tempered by the flames of some poor outsider he stuck inside the forge and told not to move if it wanted to live. Such legendary weapons carried names that no other could match, such as:
Pokey
Stabbey
The Hot Pink Demon Slicer
MC the Warhammer
Point n shoot
Piece'a'Craå
and
Shield Puppy

lmao XD

A mongolian shortbow and a bardiche.

Go away, Luna

What's the difference between a mongolian shortbow and a normal shortbow?

>Brawler and Hunter both supposedly get FIVE archetypes each
>Hybrids getting archetypes
>BRAWLER GETTING ARCHETYPES
I know they're gonna be shit cause
>paizo
but thank you jesus.

Composite.

Slayer is getting at least one too, I think