Don't fit the Pattern? Get to Scattern

>Don't fit the Pattern? Get to Scattern

Other urls found in this thread:

ishtar-collective.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

God, why can't we have a tabletop strategy game between the five enemy races of Destiny?

Because Vex and Hive shit all over everyone else.

Did somebody say, Hive?

from the thumbnail those smaller guys kinda looked like sligs from oddworld

The Fallen got pretty close to actually stealing Vex time technology.

There are six enemy races in Destiny user.

Ain't it six or possibly seven? What the fuck were those black ships in destiny 2?

You have to be happy with halo.

F

Triangle Ships are The Bears

If the Traveler Visions are anything to go by, then the Triangles are a direct representation of the Darkness.

Vex would be better necrons since they aren't literal metal skeletons, I know they're a terminator reference but 40k needs less "human" lookalike races

aren't there nine triangles in the traveller's vision?

The Darkness better not be a bunch of fucking space ships. Destiny was so interesting because of the interplay between technology and actual magic, with stuff like the Hive, Virtuous Worms, and the Darkness being genuine magic shit.

It's probably just some herald or messenger thereof.

Just because the Awoken are garbage doesn't mean you should classify them as an enemy, user.

>fallen, hive, cabal, vex, bears

who's the sixth? Taken aren't a seperate lot from the rest.

That would be nice.

There's a reason I say they should've re-hired me to fix that shitshow of a plot.

Sing to me of the moth people, user.

If your idea involves the Traveler and the Darkness being the same thing, you can just drink all the bleach right fucking now.

That sounds like trite overplayed garbage, no.

Well, if the Triangles are literally the direct manifestation of the Darkness them they're still magic, just in giant pyramid bodies. Like how in the Dreams of Alpha Lupi the light says it's trapped inside the Traveller.

I believe so, yes. Though the Nine likely aren't Servitors of the Darkness itself. They seem too distanced from everything for that.

It's likely that they are just messengers or Servitors of the Deep. Do reme,berserk that the Traveller isn't the Sky, just like how the Black Heart wasn't the Deep itself, or how Oryx or the Worm Gods aren't (though they *are* our closest link to the thing). They are just the most direct messengers and servants of these two cosmic 'living' philosophies.

The Light is stuck inside the Traveller. A race either put it there or it put itself there as a test/defense.

>15mm

It's probably Savathun's end of the hive - in the lore she supposedly wandered very far from Oryx's bit of the hive because he was cramping her style - and given she's been trying to control and run the taken, eventually she's gonna come back and try to resurrect oryx via some great act of "understanding".

She also did so by JUMPING INTO A MOTHERFUCKING BLACK HOLE.

So if Savathun is coming back as heavy metal zombies in black pyramids I'm down.

I doubt she'd resurrect Oryx, though you might be right about the ships ultimately controlling the Taken. Given that original concept art of the five races.

I used them in a fantasy game of mine as the BBEG. They were probably much more compelling than any Lich or Dragon I could've thrown, considering the players were displaced from time by meeting them.

Now if only they didn't TPK by calling the Elf Queen an old cunt...

>Fallen unify under Variks and the Prince
>fragmented Red Legion folds back into the Empire
>the City stands with Variks and the Emperor against the coming darkness

we're fine.

also, we should fucking glass Titan and murder Oryx's giant Worm swimming around by New Pacific.

Siva technically is it's own thing

Is the light a finite resource or it can be acquired by anyone limitlessly? Because the cabal campaign make it look like it's a very limited stuff

Since when do the Vodyani have business with the Destiny universe?

Wasn't the ref legion guy technically the new Emperor?

Also you fucking know as well as I that oryx is permanent death, but the worm becoming self sufficient and turning into a fully fledged wormgod is plausible

Nah M8, those ships have none of the hallmarks of hive tech. Besides, Savathun's arrival is forshadowed all over the game, it makes more sense they were saving something else for their big, post credits reveal.

I beat both Destinys in 2 days and the content just dries up. Definitely skipping a year when 3 comes out so there’s shit to do.

Did you get the expansions? It's bullshit money wrangling, but 90% of D1's content is in dlc, with some of the best stuff in the taken king

Seems like the thread that would be most interested, I'm currently working on making a Destiny Skirmish ruleset using the Shadow War: Armageddon rules as a base. Not much to show yet, but if this threads still up when I've made some headway I'll post what I've got so far.

I feel like Destiny's setting could have been used far more effectively outside of a looter shooter game. You have all of these highly detailed races with distinct technology and interesting backstories, but the best you can hope for with them is to get some loot with vaguely resembles their aesthetics or to slaughter them in absurd numbers. It would be better suited to a strategy game or a game where you can create squads of these guys and lead them into battle.

Because that would be one shit wargame.

Destiny's background would fit onto a square of toilet paper.

It doesn't *seem* like it's limited. It seems to exist throughout the universe in everything (or at least *used* to). But the Darkness has been trying it's absolute best to snuff out the light wherever it manifests.

ishtar-collective.net/
Are you being retarded on purpose, user?
Destiny has top tier worldbuilding Bungie is just shit at telling any of it

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Destiny. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Oryx's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Destiny truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in The Exo Stranger's existential catchphrase “I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Chris Schlerf's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Destiny tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 Light levels of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

The traveller is basically a giant space ship. As long as we never see what's truly inside the triangles, but there's implied to be some awesome entity dwelling inside, I'm cool with it.

Also Time for brief Cayde storytime.

user plz. Maybe there's one writer on the team dropping theoretical physics jokes but most of everything in Destiny 2 is straightforward.

Here, have a good look at my Fallen Waifu.

>the Book of Sorrow

where is this writing in the main game, I love destiny but christ what a waste

4/10, too THICC, not enough exoskeleton, not enough needle teeth

Wow, so the one kinda cool thing Cayde says to hunters in any of the sub-class missions in destiny 2 is taken from a fucking destiny 1 comic.

And the destiny 1 comic was based on a grimoire card, at that.

>To know of Atheon is to accept certain limitations.

Light to me seems like it's a substance created. Acts of defiance and defeat of the Traveller's enemies create Motes of Light. These are then gathered up by the Speaker and presumably stuffed into the Traveller in an attempt to fix it/make it wake up, in exchange for whatever goodies the Speaker has lying around as an incentive.

Writers for the game's original release were told to rewrite everything six months before its scheduled release. Apparently the original story was supposed to be much better, but the management decided to tell everyone to redo it because they thought the story was bad, and all the fallout and lack of writing seen in D1 is a result of that.

And the main complaint in all of D1 is that the story sucked. This is why you don't let management get their finger too deep into the departments that rightfully belong to the artists.

I wonder if we will ever get to know what the original story would be.

I'm also hoping for a tie in with Marathon.

I think Marathon is is set at 2794, while Destiny is set "700 years in the future," and Marathon's message to Earth would take an additional 82 years to get there.

So we're maybe a couple hundred years out of a crossover, but Durandal's interference could deposit the message much sooner, or perhaps a lost Golden Age hyperspace relay or some shit intercepts the message and dutifully relays it back to whomever is left to read it.

Of course, there's the irony of that crossover. The attack has already happened, by different assailants altogether, with mankind in no position to mount a defense.

well yeah, the guardian system follows the sword logic and tithing system the hive use, it'd just be on a smaller scale, so each Guardian is tithing its kills ultimately back to the traveller just like hive creatures are shunting souls they kill to the hive creature higher up their hierarchy until Oryx and the other two get their tithing.

Of course, what this means given guardians killing the oversouls of Cronix, Oryx and The Emperor is that the Traveller has gotten a true bumper crop of souls fed to it in the past couple of years, so it's reawakening means it might be in a better position to handle the darkness than during the collapse.

Technically it's not souls it's feeding from. Motes of Light aren't taken from souls, they're a product created by their defeat. Basically, you've prove an enemy wrong by beating them by their own rules. This strengthens your position, the philosophy of the Traveller, and creates living Light.

It's not what's taken from the defeated opponents, because even Oryx had a contingency in place where he'd mantle anyone that took from him (use his Sword, become him). Instead, the Guardians defeated him without taking from him, proving him wrong without inheriting his position and having him mantle his victorious opponent.

"Light" seems unlimited or paracausal and unquantifiable, the light juice that is on Io and which made Gaul all drippy like a giant cum golem is more quantifiable.

It's like the process of terraforming Io caused a load of the traveller's light to condense into that light-juice.

Of course we've not had it explained what the deal with the three flavors of juice and how that ties into sheilding and shit.

I thought the original plot was "the Traveller was evil all along". Which I'm actually glad they scrapped, that would have been retarded.

Why is that? It's a classic "god is evil" plot, everyone loves that shit these days

It's the same fedorafag tripe we're fed over and over and over again these days, without end. If they hadn't scrapped that shit when they did, all of the interesting philosophical stuff we've gotten from Oryx, His Sisters, the Vex, the Cabal, the Taken, and even the Darkness itself, wouldn't have happened at all.

Fedorafag? I don't follow, what do hats have to do with this?

They still sort of managed to put it in. Traveler is now not evil, but he comes to a world, gives them a golden age, and then bugs out when the Darkness shows up. Its been doing this for who knows how long, and its last attempt was the Fallen. When the Darkness showed up in the solar system, one of the warminds basically kneecapped the Traveler and forced it to stay and fight.

So not evil, but definitely a more ambiguous than previously thought.

yes but the end of a "traveller is evil" plot is clearly that a titan picks the entire traveller up and dunks it through a giant hoop to teach it to mend its ways and become good, rather than a typical "the only answer is to kill god".

School god, make god good, threaten to 6 pointer swish god if it gets back on its bullshit again.

>Its been doing this for who knows how long, and its last attempt was the Fallen. When the Darkness showed up in the solar system, one of the warminds basically kneecapped the Traveler and forced it to stay and fight.
It's actually implied that the Traveller stayed to fight out of its own free will, and that Rasputin was just being a paranoid fuck-munch. Of course, the Traveller got fucking wrecked by the Darkness because none of its abilities are actually suited towards "fighting" whatsoever.

Actually IIRC the Traveller finally decided to stand and fight with Humanity when the Darkness came AND then Rasputin was like "SURPRISE BITCH" and made any decision moot.

But yes, the Traveller is kind of a wuss when it comes to the Darkness. This is why it needs Guardians, and their like.

Because apparently when you do Light + Humans, you get "Hellmouth to an underworld ruled by a demonic general on the moon? Ghost, hold my space beer."

It's also been implied that Rasputin is slowly but surely coming over to the Darkness' view of "Might Makes Right", and "The Strong Should Rule And Crush The Weak", so his word on things is now suspicious at best.

He also let SIVA out of it's bottle because he was annoyed by the Iron Lords.

That's okay, though, I know where that punk lives. Starts causing trouble in our neighborhood, just go "KNOCK KNOCK, IT'S THE YOUNG WOLF, MOTHERFUCKER".

>Never ask for anything! Never for anything, and especially from those who are stronger than you. They'll make the offer themselves, and give everything themselves."

Who gave Rasputin a copy of Atlas Shrugged?

>The Darkness is just the Platonic Ideal of Ayn Rand

Oddworld TTG when?

Destiny 2 should have just been a DLC and not an entirely new game. It being a whole game of its own is entirely unjustified.

>"Strange, the fissures producing ultrasonic hyperwaves that sound like syllables repeated over and over again,"
>"Jo...Hn...Ga...Lt"

In part I agree with you, although the engine upgrades were becoming increasingly necessary compared with other contemporary games. It also makes it harder to get away with major events such as the destruction of the Vanguard Tower, or killing the Speaker without affecting gameplay.

I didn't get that impression. In the mission Arecibo it seems like him or someone else is flexing their muscles a bit on the vex and basically saying in some many words.:

I wish things did happen the way they did, but they did, and you have to deal with it and I'm stronger then you think so do fuck with me so when I say I'm going to do something for you, you better fucking expect it.

If ya ain't got mechanical pants
Ya best get used to some sloggy bants

Actually the exotic pistol doesn't have that story. It instead references a Dead Ghost record of a Dreg finding some kind of record, watching and/or reading it, and proclaiming itself "A marvel with ten thousand arms"

the Cayde story about the fallen was another dead ghost.

In destiny 2 you have to do little missions to get sub-classes.

In these missions a shard of the traveller gives the player little lessons about the sub-class, often via ghostly projections of the relevent member of the vangaurd for that class.

Titans and Warlocks get Ikora and Vuvazela explaining the history of sub-classes, some other past warlocks and titans explaining things unique to the sub-classes.

Like for titans, when unlocking the arc sub-class, there's this female titan explaining how she was reborn a guardian a long way from any one else, out in the badlands, and how she had to walk through countless bandits and monsters without anything to defend herself except her fists.

Then lord shaxx explains how he saw that same titan pick up vuvazela and toss him from the top of the wall to the base of it and when he landed he did the ground smash attack and wiped out most of an army

then Vuvazela explains how the greatest galaxy is made up of the smallest things and how arc energy flows through all things and how it all scales up and down and when you've got nothing left, you have that, and your fists.

and Warlocks get similarly epic explanations of their subclasses.

Hunters, get Cayde. And while there's occasionally a few other hunters saying interesting things, Cayde's shit is all "some guy said I was rasputin so I said I'd find rasputin and ikora called me an idiot" which apparently has something to do with you being able to use a powerful flaming pistol - similarly, the last "lesson" from cayde when getting the void archer sub-class is literally word for word that tale about how "I Looked at her and wondered how many innocent human lives she'd ended on those broken blades", replaces "and when I broke her arms and opened her throat" with "well... I did what I had to do" then continues.

What that had to do with being able to shoot arrows made of void energy I don't know.

Cayde's a little goofed, I think.

But I feel like Hunters in general seem to be a bit more serious and focused on just shooting and or stabbing people, no weird mystic comradely bullshit.

>that bit in Stormcaller when Ikora goes full ASMR about breathing
that went on just long enough to make me uncomfortable.

Also, haven't leveled Titan much yet, is the striker titan you're talking about Wei Ning?

Maybe serious isn't the right word. More like "grounded" or real. Less caring about the delicate balance of energy or whatever and more the delicate balance of "can I hit that guy from here"?

Remember when Crota accidentally brought the Vex to his dad's Ascendant Realm and it nearly gotten taken over?

I'm sorry, but the Emperor is now a minion of the Darkness whether he realizes or not.

Nigger that's my footage

They never explicitly say if it is or isn't, but Wei Ning would be the obvious choice. Same way Toland is the one speaking in the Void warlock mission.

>Then lord shaxx explains how he saw that same titan pick up vuvazela and toss him from the top of the wall to the base of it and when he landed he did the ground smash attack and wiped out most of an army

It's Shaxx talking about Efrideet picking up Lord Saladin and chucking him like a arc powered missile. It's funny when they talk about the relationship between the Iron Lords although I'm sure Salad man was giving the chocolate to Jolder

I'm not sure she's explicitly named, though Wei Ning does get mentioned when I think vuvazela gives a roll call of famous titans.

The solar Hammer Bros arguably get the best introduction in their sub-class mission, because Vuvazela explains they were these guardians who refused to join in the defense of the last city, instead hanging out in the wastelands of earth, fighting anything that they met and it took a century or so for him to convince them to come to the city and settle down and so the concept of "the sun breakers" as not just this mechanical sub-class but as this group in the setting with their own sense of place is conveyed better than any of the other sub-classes, before hammer bros explain how it's like being one and the funnier stuff like how one picked up another guardian and said "don't worry, I never miss" before throwing them over a building to win a bar bet.

what an on topic thread

Yes but Savathun is to blame because she tricked Crota into doing that

That wizard came from the moon

This is why I like fighting the hive, they're very mystic and stuff while vex are just "it's super technology, you wouldn't understand it" while tipping their fedora

>vex are just "it's super technology, you wouldn't understand it" while tipping their fedora
It's just that Bungo doesn't have time to explain why they don't have time to explain user, didn't you know?

Can anyone recommend me some more sci-fi stuff with fantasy themes and elements like Destiny? Working on a fantasy sci-fi campaign at the moment. Current stuff I'm looking into is
>Destiny
>Star Wars
>40k
>Homeworld
>Dune

Yeah, that’s why I’m buying Destiny 3 a year after it comes out.

Destiny has great lore and gameplay, but the actual vanilla on-disc content is severely limited

Ironically, I think if Destiny were made into a table top game a good chunk of it would be political intrigue in general.

Before you just had the rule of the main factions and the Vanguard but now you have a new element in the form of clans who are not precisely connected to the political elements of the city except where the members are pledged to certain factions.

Imagine all the wheeling and Dealing that goes on behind the scenes. I think in the lore of one of the D1 exotics Lord Shaxx threatens to fuck Tex Mechanica's shit because they were trying to mess with the Crucible

hopefully this next expansion will explain more about them, I think nessus gave us some hints (vex milk is organic, the exodus black captain that managed to befriend/reprogram a harpy) that need to be expanded upon

We already knew Radiolaria was organic (at least quasi-organic) and the Exodus Black Captain didn't befriend a harpy at all, he and his memories were taken in by the vex and used as a method to trap you, as they can predict human nature but not guardians themselves directly