Warhammer Fantasy General /wfg/

Warhammer Fantasy General

Sad Drunks Edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

>We're looking for these novels for the archive (not updated)
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer 2: store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide 2: store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Age of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Doomwheel: katsugames.com/doomwheel

Previous thread → →

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Total_War:_WARHAMMER#Cosmetic_Mods_2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does Manlet have an actual claim to the Countship of Stirland like he claims in TWW?

lets start with a chunk of models ive been workin on.

Remember when Giants wore shirts? Those were strange times.

reminder the tomb kings aren't evil and nagash is not a tomb king

I really like the Black Ork and the Greatsword, but that goblin looks hideous (no offense)

No.

*sniffs your hair*
H-hi.

Really? I think they look ok for a unit im gonna need to paint a million of.

4e?

Whoopsy, posted the wrong version

It's not a goblin it's a gnoblar looks like.

It's not horrible, but you did go a little thick with your paints with the one leaning forward. Won't ruin a whole unit I suppose, but still.

Are there a series of books to read for war of the beard? Or is it all army book lore? I'd love to read about it from a narrative perspective

well, Stirland claims Sylvania, so he in turn claims Stirland
Of course, we don't know who Manny was when he was alive, so he could be the unwanted bastard son of the Stirland Elector that was found and tutored by the well-meaning Vlad

Why are Greatswords so shit?

Just how old is Manny anyways? I know one of the End Times book said he was a prince, though I don't know if that's literal, or if he's just some noble.

never ever trips man

Just get a best crafted hand axe.

I think there is a Time of Legends two-parter set in War of the Beard.

That guy with the spear is perfect height/reach to stab that Giant in the dicc.

Yes, kind of.
Sylvania was actually a province of the empire,and by Marrying Isabella von Drak, Vlad von Carstein became the rightful Elector Count of Sylvania. After the Vampire Wars, the province of Sylvania was disbanded and Vlad was either killed and stripped of his role as Count, but Mannfred is his closest heir and therefore he is, legitimately, the rightful Elector Count of Sylvania.
He does fail to relise that Sylvania as a province doesn't exist anymore an he has no claim to the title of Emperor like Vlad

Nobody in his right mind would use OWA itemas and weapons without some heavy changes

we don't know, just that he is older than Isabella

some say he followed vlad to sylvania from nehekara. other sorces say that he became a vampire before isabella, but after vlad settled in the empire

>Trying to build a Wood Elf army
>Glade Riders are impossible to find

Sure am glad they lost half their range after the End Times.

since the ladys ban on firearms dont apply at sea, and since bretonnia is too noble and perfect to pay for dirty mercenaries, does this mean that they could ally with dorf who could provide thunderers and whatnot?

an alliance of (best) men and dawi?

The Norscan Giants kinda wear shirts.

I don't really understand how to use formations. Should I usually try to go for wide or narrow? Is there a difference?

Bretonnia has been a strong ally of the dwarfs since Gilles le breton

I guess? It's not as if they have bad relations with dwarves - they're still on pretty good footing thanks to regular enough trade and a crusade into the Badlands against Orcs and Goblins that formed the Border Princes.

But as much as I know that Bretonnia doesn't allow mercenaries (on the tabletop, the RPG tries to give them some wiggle room), I don't actually know how they'd treat an alliance or if they'd work well together with Dwarves.

yeah i know they are ok with the dwarves, thats why i brought up the idea because it could work out and be pretty cool

they complement much better than the floppy hat cuckpire allying with dwarves. they are both really traditional and stubborn too and bretonnia has something similar to grudges with paying back perceived slights against its honor

Someone, or an entire village, deemed it important to knit some shorts for him. That's nice.

How do I into Warhammer? I just recently got demo'd this at a Con, and it turns out the gameplay itself is a lot simpler than what it appeared to be from the outside, so I'm considering starting.

In MTG, there's casual / kitchen table play, and then there's things like T1/1.5/2/Modern/Legacy/EDH etc. etc. Is there something comparable with Warhammer? Can me and a buddy/sibling just pick up some armies, paint them, and have fun with mock battles or is it one of those "you have to play like this" kind of things.

Is it as expensive to get into as everyone makes it seem?
Is everything plastic now? (I have a figurine from Warhammer Online, as well as an old unopened box of some random orc unit that are made of pewter)
Will I enjoy it if I'm not a complete lorefag? I love the universe, the feel, the aesthetic, the art, most of the vidya, but I don't really connect the dots as far as keeping up with everyone of the millions of named characters and factions, etc.
Is this the same thing as Age of Sigmar, or is it like....Legacy or whatever for MTG?
What am I getting myself into?

Get into the roleplaying. It's as cheap as you want it to be and you will get the deepest into the lore while having fun. If you play in person you can still build and paint miniatures for your games.

So elves are real hot right? Do humans confuse elves for gods and shit?
If a bretonnian peasant sees a high elf princess, would he think she was the lady?

Warhammer Elves are supposed to be "so beautiful it's uncanny and creepy"-tier.

a race of taytays

link to that mod? are those units re skinned?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Total_War:_WARHAMMER#Cosmetic_Mods_2
the ultimate pack

based user

seriously though. the 1d4chan modlist is the best resource on the internet for total war warhammer games.

So apparently in Lustria, the Skaven can construct "Corrupted Spawning Pools" in TWW2 in certain Lizardmen cities. These pools have been heavily polluted to the point of uselessness, but they still produce saurus and skinks that emerge from the primordial soup as misshapen, mewling wretches. The Skaven harvest these helpless mutants as a source of easy food. Fucking sick.

You should see the dark elf maps. Literal holocaust tier corpses lying around in piles.

dont worry ill fight back the skaven with my good skaven mouse guard faction

It's different games. AoS is a skirmish game in a spin off. Any miniwar game will always have a high buy in.

Like mtg though, proxies are fine with WHFB as long as they fit on by he bases, which are generally 20 cents each. It's not "official" anymore so there's alot less strict rules what goes on the table. There are tournement lists, and there are lore friendly lists. You can definitely play with friends. I built my own table and terrain when I was learning.

there are no good beastmen. They are spawns of chaos and corruption flows in their blood.

Lizardfags BTFO

>reddit rats

>since the ladys ban on firearms dont apply at sea

That's just something people who want to believe that Bretonnia still has cannons say, it's not real fluff.

>20 cents

>was real fluff
>was never changed or retconned

what did he mean by this?

also since youre a lorelet ill help you out. the middle class merchants having guns is what was retconned, not navel ships have cannons or bretonnia haveing a more powerful navy than the empire

Cuckfred is not a blood relation of Vlad, not an Imperial nobleman by birth or marriage, and cannot be the Count of Sylvania because no such position exists.

>middle class
>Bretonnia

Dirty rpg scum get out, also current Bretonnia is not the same faction as the one in the 3rd edition, GW called it a new army in the 5th edition. Current Bretonnia obviously doesn't use cannons.

I made my Best handaxes Precise instead. It doesn't fit the fluff for precise, but axes historically were known for particularly grievous wounds. You still need to actually get the enemy to crits, and Precise is barely used, so I feel it works better.

>If a bretonnian peasant sees a high elf princess, would he think she was the lady?

Possibly, they're ignorant enough to make that mistake. A noble would (probably) know better, since the Lady doesn't just randomly show up in a mundane way.

wrong

>bretonnia is unable to manufacture it's own gunpowder.
>has 5 gorillion shqips with cannons

>bretonnia is unable to manufacture it's own gunpowder

what?

Local shop is getting rid of decades of square bases, so the usually just give them out pretty cheap.

I thought you mistook 20 millimeters for 20 centimeters.

>industry is meme tier.
>don't even have crossbows.
>somehow have enough gunpowder to have a navy/

>industry is meme tier.
>don't even have crossbows.

thats by choice you dumb faglord. they are basically human dwarves

Using the rules for starvation, the average peasant in the Empire could survive for either 14 or 15 days without food, and one day less than that without water. Is this realistic?

Except Dwarf's have gunpowder and fucking air bombers.

No. They are literal elfaboos

well either fit really since both elves and dwarves limit their technological level because of tradition and/or arrogance

and bretonnia has the most powerful navy in the old world

who are you playing as? is that a mod?

Clothique.
I am creating elf colonies in the old world because bretonnian creatures are great to batter. The plan is to take the entire coast of bretonnia for grosselfiums.

Is WHFRP just a tabletop RPG a la....any other ttrpg?

What's the diff betwen WHFB and AoS? I thought one just preceded the other.

>Clothique.
>grosselfiums.
>bretonnian creatures are great to batter.

i dont understand what youre saying. do you speak english?

>bretmonkey unable to comprehend elven rule.
back to your mudhuts

It's a ttrpg, but balanced and gritty. All the books can be found here: khorne.ru/2nd

*flies back to mud hut which is actually a marble castle the size of new jersey to feet worship the glorious lady and oppress peasants*

>marble castle the size of new jersey.

>Filthy bretfag gets back to his castle to find it has already been raided and destroyed by glorious, far superior Druchii corsairs

How would Dark Elves destroy a castle when they have no cannons or catapults?

Very nice. I like the Averland General.

It's crowded like Jersey all right.

Are the absolutely huge trees in TWWH a real lore thing, or were they added because that's how big a real tree is compared to the models?

>Dragons
>Hydra
>Kharibdyss
>Magic
>Black Ark weaponry

The Dark Elf trailer has the High Elf city being destroyed from the Black Arks magical bombardments, so there's that.

> Crash Bandicoot: Warped intensifies.

Also bolt throwers with rope attached to them.

>breaks before the Griffon Gate

Alright, I've got some questions about incredibly old beings. Kholek, Durthu, and the like. Is there any being that can concretely be said to predate the arrival of the old ones? At least, one that's still alive?

I think it's supposed to be the rigging of a ship.

kholek and durthu both are. as for others nothing really comes to mind

but if youre wondering im pretty sure the old ones didnt show themselves or interact with anything but the first generation slann

So, though both of them were probably around before the Old Ones started mucking about they wouldn't necessarily have any memory or knowledge of them? Besides of course the fact that at a certain point there were suddenly a bunch of tiny short lived things running about.

maybe. the old ones did have the lizzers go on a massive world wide genocide crusade and i think the dragon ogres were one of the targets

they may have no idea why it happened though

kroak is a first generation slann though and his spirit is still sort of attached to his skelly so thats one being that still somewhat exists in the setting that has talked to old ones personally

Who is the most WE WUZ faction? Right now it seems to be a tie between Vampires, Tomb Kings, Lizardmen and Dark Elves.

I would say Tomb Kings, if only because they literally didn't even get resurrected by their own volition. Had it not been for Nagash Settra and all his armies would have just stayed dead forever.

Huh. I always forget how secretive the Old Ones are/were in the setting, even for races that know a lot about the lore otherwise.

I'm not looking at knowledge of the Old Ones specifically, I'm just trying to think about ages/power levels for some of the races/characters that are spoken about mostly in broad strokes without concrete lengths of time.

Also, just for giggles, who would win if Kholek and Durthu threw down 1v1.

well in lore durthu is supposed to be ultra powerful but his constant hitler rage makes him unable to tap into it

> When an Elder of the Forest is slain, his essence is absorbed by his peers. As one of only two survivors, Durthu now commands fully half the combined might of every Elder that ever existed — more than enough to heal his ravaged soul, and to achieve many miraculous things besides. Sadly, so clouded by rage and loss has his mind become, that he is unaware of the power at his command.

dumb kangs and the empire of we wuz obviously. lizardmen dont belong on that list

Why would vampires be a wewuz faction?

manlet honestly thinks hes the rightful emperor despite the fact that he has no claim whatsoever

he also thinks hes more powerful than nagash for some reason

>lizardmen
I'm going to need an explanation on that one. They've got no claims of nobility or territory.

It's just a bunch of frogs and lizards squatting in jungles, occasionally causing horrific disasters on the other side of the world because of reasons.

>Knowing...you'll never NEVER have updated Krox models for tabletop.
Why live...