/HHG/ Horus Heresy General

Heresy rulebook soon™ edition.

>Previous thread
>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Some number for birdboy

I'm working on a legion Battlefleet Gothic fleet using Aliexpress, souldark.ru, and GrimDarkBits (Shapeways) vessels (the Aliexpress ones disappear for days at a time before reappearing). Minor mistakes were made, and now I need to build this guy, an Apocalypse-class battleship, to represent a standard Space Marine Battle Barge's rules. I'm thinking that means the front modules should be Launch Bays and the next two would be Weapons Batteries. That fits the rules the best, but it sounds ugly. What do?

Where can I get a large number of non-identical topknot bits?

Birdboy numba ONE!

If we ever do get a Heresy-era BFG expansion I can't imagine how big the Gloriana's and Furious Abyss minis will be

My suggestion would be to put the pair of launch bays at the rear of the ship and mount the weapon batteries forward of them. Might not represent the model exactly but you could fluff it as a different pattern of battlebarge.

So, uh, how exactly are you supposed to kill Magnus? That fucker is basically unstoppable.

They've already stated they are going to do it, but considering the speed they're at now I would be stunned if it showed up before 2019.

He's not much harder to kill than any other primarch. It's his damage output that's horrifying.

>Magnus + Biomancy
>T9
>-1 to be hit
That's pretty horrifying too IMO.

He's the only one that had legit reasons to rebel

Why Sang has wings?

?

My favorite Chaos God is the spirit of Fenris.

Radiation.

Define "non-identical". You mean of the same style, but not all having the same exact pose. Or that they're all of different sizes, shapes, etc.?

any bit of lore I haven't read yet explaining why (pic related) didn't happen?

I fed him and his termie unit demolisher cannon shells until he stopped moving
if he's chilling with dudes the dudes won't benefit from his increased toughness so try to stack wounds on like that

>cast Misfortune
>two maxed Tac Squads Fury-tap him and his unit
Done.

So I'm planning on doing a mixed force of loyalist Iron Warriors & AdMech. Any advice?

And still no Inferno FaQ.

It's called "Angelus".

Grow immune to everyone telling you loyalist Iron Warriors + admech is a boring scrubby common army and you should feel bad for being so lame.

If they're resin consider bending them after applying heat. Never tried it, but it might work.

So, he's a mutant?

Also, how the fuck can radiation makes you grow wings?

Because Malal is a meme.

Either way, he was the most pro-order of the (traitor) primarchs

I haven't been here in a while. Has things changed for the better here?

What is the last thing you remember?

I can't remember. I think I was here last time in August?

Nothing changed. Still no FaQ for Inferno, heresy rulebook was delayed and will be available soon™.
And threads are going painfully slow

Ah. I learned how to make my favorite kind of edits in the meantime.

Obviously I know about the 1dmemechan strategy page for the legions (and other 30k factions), but is there one specifically about what's good in zone mortalis games? Couldn't find anything, so assume it doesn't exist, but guess it's worth asking.

If there isn't one, what sort of things are good for zone mortalis? Breachers, obviously, but what else?

>S10 Demolisher wounding Magnus on 3s
We 8th ed. now!

hahahahaha

He is a mutant, and being a primarch is how. Primarchs aren't human, Russ is half wolf and some of his sons are fully wolf, but Sanguinius having wings is the weird one?

Because the Emperor used the Soul Caliber to destroy Soul Edge and saved the world. Then he had threeway with two ancient Greek chicks. Sisters they were.

>Has things changed for the better
>here
Nothing changes for the better here.

Same way it can give you spider abilities or turn you into a giant rock dude.

That is to say it was RADIATION not radiation.

Is he mean in combat?

Warpfuckery, Or Emperor's plan

But I LIKE painting Iron Warriors & Admech. Is it really that bad?

Sanctic Daemonology means you basically can't contain him.

Literally the most generic army for /hhg/

I mean you do you, but loyalists from traitor legions are really overdone.

Nice, they are best bros too.

So you're saying I shouldn't do loyalist DG led by Knight-errant Garro?

I think that'd be a bit more unique. I know a lot of people are kinda tired of hearing about loyalist traitors because 'muh snowflakes', but Iron Warriors are one of the most popular legions on both sides, and pairing them off with AdMech is like icing on the cake.

On the one hand, follow your dreams and do what Legion 'you' want to do. On the other hand, if you're looking to stand out a bit, Iron Warriors/Admech might not be the best option.

How fun are the Militia and Cults list to play against normal legions, and what are fluff factions to base them on? Would it be interesting to see armies based on, say, Unification Wars nations like Albi, or the Luna Gene Cults?

So apparently 1kSons are basically powergaming for HH. Luckily I'm terrible at strategy, so how WAAC/shit/generic does this list seem? Asterisks denote Mastery Level

>Rite of War
Pride of the Legion

>Corvidae Praetor (195) ***
Force sword, iron halo
>Athanean Vigilator (105) *
Scout armour
>Osiron Dreadnought (240) *
CCW with meltagun [as it doesn't have Adeptus Astartes I can't take a Cult Arcana, right?]

>Raptora Sekhmet Terminators (480) **
x9 Termies, Tartaros pattern armour, combi-meltas
>Corvidae Veterans (285) *
x9 Vets, asphyx shells, x2 plasma guns, combi-plasma (Serg), sniper tactics
>Corvidae Veterans (285) *
x9 Vets, asphyx shells, x2 plasma guns, combi-plasma (Serg), sniper tactics
>Pyrae Veterans (310) *
x9 Vets, asphyx shells, x2 meltaguns, combi-melta (Serg), melta bombs, outflank tactics

>Raptora Apothecaries (100)
x2 Apothecaries, augury scanners [they're treated as their own unit for Cult Arcana purposes as that's decided at army list-level, right?]
>Corvidae Ammitara Intercessors (235) *
x9 Intercessors

>Corvidae Heavy Support Squad (240)
Lascannons, augury scanner (Serg)

Total - 2475

Enough spare points for a couple of small upgrades somewhere but that's the gist at the moment

While in terms of base stats militia and cults are very diverse, in terms of units and equipment they are the least diverse faction. Sure you could have S/T 4 pseudo marines or guardsmen with 5 attacks on the charge and Ogryn with 7 attacks on the charge but even if you want to do a DAOT remnants list you cannot use any really special vehicles, still stuck with leman russ tanks only in HS, the crappiest flyers, and only basic malcadors.

Maybe a little light on Anti-vehicle. Meltas a good, but close ranged, and I can see you struggling a bit if someone runs a vehicle heavy list.

This is food for thought. I like Imperial Fists too but good lord do I hate painting yellow.

Funny you mention that. My back up 40k army is the Sons of Garro.

Four out of the seven units I'd be fielding would be kitted for anti-vehicle. What would be better to have instead? I'm hesitant about adding many vehicles of my own as I'm trying to get something fluffy

Mostly just something beyond the lascannon support squad so that you have multiple units that can engage at range. Maybe a missile heavy support squad or some rapiers. Then again my perspective may be skewed by most of the local players playing Iron Hands/Iron Warriors/Mechanized World Eaters

Alright, thanks. Will have a play around with ranged AV

Honestly, depends a bit on the local meta. Meltabombs can also be a handy investment if one of those veteran squads gets charged by a dread. Particularly if rumours are true that the whole squad can use them with the coming of the new rulebook.

How viable are Blood Angels? From 0 which is (no chance) to 10 (raging thousand sons player)

>So apparently 1kSons are basically powergaming for HH.
>(raging thousand sons player)
damn are 1ksons really this hated? kinda regretting my legion choice now

Yeah, but the space furries have the canis helix while the angels have nothing.
So, Sang is tainted by chaos?

play what you like, fuck the haters. not your fault forgeworld went full retard when writing inferno(and seemingly only had one rules capable person on their entire staff and as such are now incapable of putting out a FAQ). If your regular opponents bitch too much maybe turn down the list a bit.

Nah it's just a meme. I'm fine with the 3 tson players in our meta.

We have the potential for 36inch D-Novas and probably the best terminators in the game
You can build an army using only these and Magnus

You can choose how insane you want to go with the list.
I use Rotor cannon support squads, personally

Blood Angels have the Red Rage. Sang is possibly tainted by chaos but he's pure enough that he gets through.

what do you think is the most "fun" list to build? i kinda like the idea of rotor cannons and just general wizardry
also how do people feel about dirty 1ksons? like battle worn? all the armies ive seen are clean, like factory new and im more of a dirty boy

The blade of perdition(?) is fucking ridicilous.

I love how the dreadnought gets his own hood.

Probably gonna start World Eaters as my second legion after Sons of Horus, what does a good WE list have?

I was gonna do something like:

Angron
Surlak
60 Despoilers w/ Chainaxes
10 Red Butchers
4 Vindicators

But I don't know what else would be good.

I love assault marines, but they fit my meta more than most since nobody brings much artillery. They're faster than tacticals and hit just as hard. Always bring apothecaries. I like Contemptor-Cortus dreads as well, chainfist/power fist. Kharybdis is the best delivery system for Butcherstar.

That's really cute

>tfw never played a warhammer game in my life
>not even one of the video games
>i'm read almost all of the HH books, as well as the ahriman and night lords books
Can someone please end my miserable existence?

>So, Sang is tainted by chaos?
No, Marvel.

It's more a statement against the powergaming munchkins. If you know how to build a reasonable list and avoid going NO FUN ALLOWED, I don't think anyone will have an issue with you (aside from Space Yiffs players).

I can almost guarantee you that whenever Angelus comes out, Blood Angels and Dark Angels will be obscene on the table, but people will still blame players that have been supporting their favorite chapters/legions for years now. If you like your 1kSons, play them. As long as you're not an asshat, you're fine.

Neat

>damn are 1ksons really this hated? kinda regretting my legion choice now
New kids on the block syndrome I guess.

This was me five months and one thousand dollary-doo's ago.

Send help.

>Angron
>Surlak
>60 Despoilers w/ Chainaxes
>10 Red Butchers
>4 Vindicators
Goddamn glorious. Anyway I would suggest some dreadnoughts, could be solid anti-tank and unless an enemy unit has meltabombs or power fists he can tarpit them essentially forever.

I'm planning on using a lot of them, so using the exact same piece every time would be pretty obvious. I'm thinking like 5 or 6 designs at least just to have some variety.

>How viable are Blood Angels? From 0 which is (no chance) to 10 (raging thousand sons player)
7. Their LA rules are pretty good and their rites of war are nice even if not exceptional. Their true place to shine though is their characters.
>Photonic blade is the best relic hands down
>Paragon blades wound marines on a 2+
>Perdition blades render both these obsolete with double wounds
>A rite of war can essentially let you steal the +1 initiative on the charge that EC get
>Moritats can take inferno pistols (a pair of them can wipe out a full sized squad of justaerin in a single turn of chainfiring)

Thousand Sons take some effort to abuse - it starts with Magnus and multiple units of Cataphractii Sekhmets, and relies on a strong understanding of all the psychic powers to come up with crazy combos. It's easy not to abuse them, and despite everyone's initial fears they haven't ruined the meta because their players aren't trying to.

Custodes are more of a problem because it takes effort NOT to write an abusive list with them.

All of the primarchs were tainted by Chaos in some way. The Emperor was their father and Chaos their mother.

They're strong. As others have said, they have very powerful non-special characters. They're usually taken in one of two ways:
1) Day of Relevation RoW, with 2-3 15-man assault marine squads, flyers, javelins, and heavier infantry in dreadclaws, or
2) ground-based lists with lots of assault cannons (on rhinos, predators, attack bikes, etc.). You can even use the armored breakthrough rite of war, with bike units because they make the numbers work out (since Blood Angels have restrictions on how many vehicles they take). Outriders become your assault unit instead of assault marines.

Lots of chainaxes, yeah you're doing it right.

Chainaxes are love, chainaxes are life.

Indeed, brother. Nice army!

Ork sprues.

Kek.
Same here

Just got some TSons symbols from Shapeways. I was worried they might be too large for the Rubric shoulder pads I plan on using, but they seem to fit pretty well.

Any ideas what I should do for the left pad?
Not sure if I should leave it blank, use some sort of transfer, or what.

Oh, and sorry for the shitty camera quality. These actually look pretty nice in person.

Emperor dammit.

Show me your war face.

Well, my dude's a ship now, but I can substitute "rough attitude to his little mini-empire and surrounding titchy polities" pretty well with pic related.

>Well, my dude's a ship now,
Hey, Pete, do you play TS with allied IW or the other way around in 30k?

Maybe you could print a custom transfer?

Believe it or not, I've never used transfers, let alone custom ones.

They're not that great, I've come to prefer painted or sculpted iconography in most cases.

It depends on what sort of effect you're going for. I like transfers for adding more personality to 'generic' units and save the free hand work for the character models or models with a large table presence.

Breachers, heavy flamer support squads, basically anything template or blast is real neato.

Move Through Cover and creating Difficult Terrain is good to have.

quick lads, tell me a fun night lords list