Your latest adventuring party has just ended up in the town of pic related. How well do they fare' Veeky Forums?

Your latest adventuring party has just ended up in the town of pic related. How well do they fare' Veeky Forums?

Which is...

It's the "Black Vortex Town", user! The perfect vacation spot, fun for the whole family! Just ignore the Spirals.

So this is the true power of the spiral!

Hmmm, eldritch cosmic horror Spiral VS the raw concentrated awesomeness of Spiral Power. I wonder if this was the "Spiral Nemesis" that the Anti-Spiral warned of?

>CoC
Just another day in paradise.

What if I don't like spirals?

Don't worry user, you'll come to love them in time. They all do....

I figure the CH Spirals would infect Spiral power and corrupt it.

>Uzumaki Spirals with Spiral Power at their disposal.
Sounds like an absolute bad end for the entirety of reality user. But that's par for the ocurse with Junji Ito.

they are dead, but they'll probably realize it after a week.

>Implying they would even *have* a week.

Suicide is the only way out, and it's certainly a lot better than the alternative.

>Superhero campaign
The party consists of two expies of characters who've fought Cosmic Horrors. Marvel's Silver Surfer and Gravity Rush's Kat
One character who's spoken with a Cosmic Horror with no ill effect.
Finally two characters who are thought to be children of (a) Cosmic Horror(s) and humans. Specifically a Squidgirl and Octopusgirl. de geso

However, said campaign is low power campaign, so we are likely, completely, fucked.
At least until it's established that the Inkling and Octoling are said Spirals' neices or something.
Then we're drinking spiral tea from spiral cups whilst the town around us spirals into oblivion.

>Gravity Rush's Kat
She has the best chance to survive out of all the character's here. If only because she can likely seal the Spiral City into a singularity for some couple years. It won't *save* the town, hell, it won't even save the *universe* from the Spiral, but it will give them all some reprieve at least.

Genuine question: What happens if you put the Yharnam hunters of old in that town. Because I am literally playing Lady Maria.

Junji Ito scenarios are only a problem because the characters are completely passive japanese people.
Seriously, a standard CoC party would have destroyed spiral town with something like two casualties.

Bard would say "fuck it" and take a boat home to his rich parents.
Archer/Thief would sneak around trying to solve the mystery of what's happening.
Fighter/Wizard would take notes.
Cleric would burn it down.

>>Its impossible to have a good end in Junji Ito works
>>Who the hell do you think I am?
>>Do the impossible

I kind of think they're two sides of the same coin, just opposite faces.

Spiral power is the concept of the spiral going outwards, ever expanding, radiating, and moving forward.

Spiral Horror is the current going backwards, an ever expanding prison of coils trapping the mind in despair or obsession.

You do know whirlpools keep people trapped in town, right? Though, that's only at the advanced stages.

I it an island?

If it is not an island then it's walk o' clock.

Seriously nope. The party has fought everything from tesseract gelatinous cubes to Orz/Shoggoth hybrids. The world they live in is fucked beyond measure.

They come across a town full of malicious, infectious spirals then that is bad. The come across infectious spirals that are confined to one town then they leave it well the fuck alone and petition the local national leaders to put up quarantine markers. Should hey be unwilling to do that then they put up warded to fuck and back standing stones.

The Cleric/Warlock has managed to pass his age old wisdom on to the rest of us. If it can't spread, then don't poke it. Just leave it alone and walk away. Don't even make eye contact and drink heavily to forget the whole thing.

Artwork looks like something from Junji Ito's, am I right? Since party is from CoC it won't feel that out of place.

>If it is not an island then it's walk o' clock.
Some of the characters try to go away by walking, but the space is distorted because of the spirals so when they try to go forward they just end back in town

Sounds like railroading to me. Sad.

yeah absolutely mang.
like how people can't escape silent hill or ravenloft is totally railroading, too.