Vampire Paladin

I've been playing in a Ravenloft campaign and my Outh of the Crown Paladin died about 1/4 into the campaign. now we are 3/4 in and after my new characters death my DM recommended that the paladin come back as a vampire for reasons that are to long to type. The paladins devoition to the raven queen so you could see how becoming a vampire is bad for him. Should he change ouths or flat out become an outh breaker? Do any of you have a cool idea for how the paladin should respond to forced vampireizm. 5e btw.

Revenant makes more sense in the campaign, and has PC stats. If you want to lean in, go with that Warlock UA for the raven queen patron and cut a deal with the lady directly - it even suits the stats you have as a Paladin.

Oaths have literally zero to do with following a particular god, they're about the things you believe empowering you with divine strength.
The whole reason Paladins can be any alignment they want in 5e is because of the Oath "system". You could be an Evil pacifist Oath of Redemption Paladin who worships a Pit Fiend and it wouldn't matter at all mechanically.
Sure your god could fuck with you via denouncing or a curse, especially the Raven Queen when you're in Ravenloft, but you could just bring them back and as long as you keep to your personal rules you'll still be a Paladin of the Oath you want to be, unless your GM is a snippy asshole about it. Although, considering he suggested it in the first place, he probably doesn't care.

So the reason why he is a vampire is because one of the dark lords was making an undead army and decided to use the dead pc's as cloned vampire slave generals. the paladin was just lucky and through some fault in the cloning processes was freed from mind control.

me and the dm come from 3.5 so we agreed that for this specific paladin his divine powers come from his god. Although the gm has always been the type of dm that says " I won't restrict you unless you want to do it for rp reasons". so he wouldn't say "whelp fuck you no paladin levels" this post is made just so i could have cool character development ideas.

Sometimes you just gotta suffer well, user

Oh.
Well I guess I don't have any and was just being a bitch under assumption. Sorry my dude.

All good, friend.

Paladin upholds his vow and does his duty with the intention of falling (again) in the battle against evil. He can fight more recklessly than ever now as his death would simply be a correction of the natural order.

But shouldn't he just starve him self to death than?

But there's work to be done. Evil greater than him to smite.

so if you were playing this character how would you justify consuming others to stay alive?

Drink only from the wicked, criminals and evildoers.

Depends on what the character was like before being vamped, how much he needs to consume to live. Could stick to feeding on "the guilty" or "the wicked," could just try to blitz the BBEG before he starves to death, could deem feeding a necessary evil until the dark lord is defeated and either try to seek atonement for it or just resign himself to die with the sin. Or he could shift alignment towards evil while still fighting this other, greater evil.

If you only drink from people you were going to smite anyway it's significantly less of an issue

Thinking about the campaign, currently. We've been marching through i gain dark lords castle. so the only people to feed on are the other party members. i guess we don't need the warlock

How often do vampires needs to feed anyway? I feel like the practicality of this solution kind of hinges on that

I like the way you think.

I guess as much as a normal human needs to eat? how often do you think Strahd feeds?

The Raven Queen doesn't have a problem with undead assuming they work for her.

She has a problem with any sentient undead (IE Vampires)
Undead that are not sentient are the ones she gives zero fucks about (IE zombies & skeletons)

Except for revenants. She made those.