Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Snack Time Edition

>Scions of the Great Devourer:
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/03/codex-tyranids-preview-units-nov-3gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=1IdEhvuNxV8 [Open]

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDf
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

First for Khorne

>not linking the Tyranid codex review in OP

ONE FUCKING JOB

Khorne did not helpt the Blood Angels Defeat the Nids

Fourth for my girlfriend likes marines.

my dudes > your dudes

i will fite u

So exactly what units can take bioartefacts?
It wasn’t clear.

Probably Tyrants and Primes. Doesn't make sense for anything else to take them.

bug fags pls go

Do vox casters work inside vehicles?

Harlies, take 3.

I seem to keep getting advice along the line of "more toys for your boys!" and "fuck toys! more boys!".

I'm keeping the Wraiths.

Only characters, but it turns out Trygon Primes are characters now.

Would you a sister of battle?

no

Shut up Psuedo-Carnac

No, because anything in a vehicle doesn't exist for game rule purposes.

Can't hear you over your dudes dying from no inv saves and having no armor save to start with.
No, and you can't just use the vehicle's you have to pay a CP to do it, as it says in the codex.

No thanks.

I would happily kill a Sister of Battle

Does the nid codex have GSC stuff?

No.

Yes

Pay one CP to use the command Chimera radio, that's it.

What about OOE and swarmy?

Would you guys accept this as a Rough Rider 'Count as'?

Have a small GSC army based around the worshipping of the pictured model. What Tyranid unit is the best count-as for this model?
I thought a Toxicrene would be best but they're pretty awful apparently

GSC can use almost all of their stratagems if you have a Tyranids Detachment.

I would love to be a sister of battle. That form fitting tight suit to interface with the power armor, and all the strong women around me. Makes a bi girl happy. Plus all the rando dudes jonsing after me.

our dudes > their dudes

Is Neurothrope a Character enough to take artifacts?

my Magnus > your Magnus

Toxicrene isn't that bad. It's just kind of outclassed, you won't be crippling yourself by using it.

*unless the vehicle is open topped (which guard tanks are not)

>Gets a great codex
>Says its only good and not Great
Nidfags everyone

Friendly reminder that the Night Lords have the coolest symbol ever

There are basically no artefacts that are good on the Neurothrope.

Here's hoping that Blood angels get as much live in their codex as nids and guard got and not some phoned in shitpile

It's not great, faggot. It's still pretty mediocre in a lot of places. It was basically a whole book of shooting buffs for an army that wants to be able to play melee again.

They'll sob no matter what. Especially when codex Daemon and BA BTFO out of them

Hmm, okay. Still not sure if I want to make my second army be GSC or not, I like their models.

The -1 to hit rolls is good on everything and free

What did you do today hobby-wise Veeky Forums? I played a game with my Eldar.

depends, is it the right scale with roughly the right equipment? if so yes.

bullshit

>What did you do today hobby-wise Veeky Forums
seethe

Which hive fleet adaptation fits hive fleet Nidhoggr the most?

He's a 5 Wound Character they already can't shoot him. If you're playing Kraken you're also running a Flyrant unless you're an idiot, and if you put the -1 to hit on a Neurothrope instead of a Flyrant literally what the fuck are you doing nigger.

Librarian vs captain vs Chappy for the last spot in a stormraven with thunderhammer storm shield terminators?

They'll get a codex next year, so just wait and see.

user you have too much hope. We aren't gonna get shit and you know it because we aren't the liked special snowflakes. We are just the side grade ones.

Yeah, it's gonna take me that long to paint my CSM army anyways, so that works out rather nicely.

Nids didn't get half as much love as Guard, don't compare the two.

Why did you seethe?

What this hive fleet typically is the real question. Because from there we can throw a hive fleet at you as spice ontop of it.

Having fun?

If you play marines how do your dudes fair in the Deathwatch?

My Magus > Your Magnus

How is a -1 to hit on a model your enemy can't shoot in the first place fun?

Fun rules are ones that actually do something to make the game feel different and interesting.

Way too christian for my liking.
Iron Warriors are great too

any chance that death guard non mass-poxwalker armies will have a chance against nids? im planning on fielding about 17 plague boyos in troops for my army so. also so wait wait are the last two codexs for the year DA and BA?

Jormungandr.

Hive fleet Jormungandr

My Magos > Your Magus

>not running solo neurothropes
Kys

Only if she sticks of war and death and her face is coverd in scars like pic related.

Last spot? Are you wanting a terminator hq in there or is that other seat taken? either way Chaplain is a great way to get around that damned -1 hammer penalty, take a normal chaplain AND an apothecary for bonus points

So I need help with my list guys. I'm running a Paladin heavy GK list and I've got the core of it down, but I need some supporting junk. This is what I have so far, running as two vanguards.

Brotherhood Champion
Apothecary
Brotherhood Ancient
Doomglaive Dreadnought
Draigo
Three Squads of 4 Paladins with Falchions, Paragon with a hammer.

This is about 1442 points. I think I need to put some heavy lifters like a Stormraven to get the Champ and a Dread up into the enemy's face, or a Landraider to pew pew. I kinda like the idea of running a Redeemer and casting Gate to get it into range. Maybe bump the Paladins up to 5 man squads? I also really don't want to use Baby Carriers or allies.

OH SHIT THATS RIGHT ITS TWO SLOTS OR ONE TERMI OR JUMP PACK
apothacary worth it ? Theyre fairly tanky and 2 wounds a piece Maybe ill go chappy apothacary. If i was blood angels id love a sang priest for that

So I play Ynarri Harlequins but am getting bored of just having harlequins so I am starting to look at the new eldar stuff.

How do you guys feel that howling banshees compare to base harlequins?

What eldar units would best complement to harlequins? I like wraiths guard and blades and don't like the look of many of the aspect warriors like striking scorpions and dark reapers.

My doods (a homebrew chapter) are all up in the Deathwatch. Many of it's senior members are veterans and the Sergeants paint their left arm silver to show they are ready to take the Oaths and suffer not the alien to live. They ended up founding on what turned out to be a Necron Tomb world on the border of the Veiled Region so they're real good at fighting the robo skellies.

user, how the FUCK did you do those diamonds and that entire Starweaver?

Probably masking tape or some other form of covering

Hey, you guys remember 7th? You know, that edition were a top tier codex like Eldar could bring a casual list and table an optimally built Ork army on turn two without even trying?

You're bitching about a power gap in 8th in which the bottom tier army is probably closer to the top tier army than the 1st and 2nd tiers were from each other in 7th.

Christ, even if the game was 95% balanced you asshole would be complaining about that 5% gap like it was the end of all Terra. Not even taking into account that mechanics like Strats mean that in game skill and player choices actually have the potential to sway the outcome of the game more than unit choice does.

But please, continue to cry your eyes out about the comparably minuscule power creep while old shits like me actually enjoy the fact the game we've been playing for 15+ years is finally as close to fair as it's ever been.

>symbol for female but with a skull in it
>christian

um...wut?

shit's getting real now

I just remember the differences from when I started in 5th and going through 6th and 7th. Boy 8th is a lot less crubstomp so long as you keep lords of war off the table. As soon as Morty, Magnus, or Rob show up, it is a shit show it seems, even then though, it still isn't like riptide formations.

Xeno scum get out reeee

Used a precut template. They were like $10 but waved me hours and made sure everything was the right size. As someone who has cut my own templates before, it is not worth it to try doing it yourself.

How the fuck are you supposed to paint those diamonds on the clowns anyway?

Oh, I never noticed it.
I always thought it was a cross with a skull

Still shit though.

I use a Sakura pen to place the diamond pattern and then fill it in with the color I want. Then you can take a lighter and darker color to make the daimonds pop.

earlier leaks mentioned OOE being ablento take a Scything talon Artifact. Its probably all characters. Which would be OOE, Swarm lord, Tyrants, Primes and Red terror if they haven't changed.

>magus can literally mind control Magnus the red and it’s nit even that hard to pull off
Kek

How big of a sakura?

I literally just ordered a set of .25mm this afternoon.

That leak might be wrong, I think Nid Characters can't take Relics.

If the swarmlord can take artefacts this game is incredible.
-1 to hit the swarmlord is god tier.

You know i had a .25 mm that seemed to bust like 5 hours after i bought it. I dont know what the fuck i did to it. First it didnt want to write at all then it didnt want to stop spilling ink. It really sucks.

I am not sure, just play around with the size that works for you.

>incredible
For whom, exactly?

Carnac

The Swarmlord.

Ahuh. So nobody that will be playing you. So it'll actively decrease the fun of the game?

So adding craftworld to harlequins. What are the good, the bad and I don't play with ugly.

I think you just melted my brain, the fuck are you on about?

The way it's worded in the Marines and Guard books, the characters who can't take relics are the Named ones, because they have their own relics, but it's possible the Nid dex doesn't include that clause.

Don't forget the Venomthrope can work on him now too.

Nid's don't have any characters anymore, the Swarmlord, Old One Eye, The Red Terror, ect are all now generic.

That’s not really helpful for me, I just set him up behind a wall where nobody can see him and then sprint 50 inches across the board to murder the shit out of whatever I want.
Venoms just can’t keep up.

I think GW mentioned that we get Masques in Chapter Approved, so maybe wait and see what the buffs are and pick something that will compliment the detachments.

Otherwise, rangers are a good general troops choice, and wraith stuff balances out the glass canon nature of most our units.