Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1852: What A Rush To Be A Bride Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=24mhi4FaUX8
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47439130/#47441847
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=24mhi4FaUX8

Will the real Toriko user please stand up.

What was the most funny, gruesome, or memorable death of canon main protagonist in any of your chains?

What up?

Are there any jumps that compare to Light of Terra?

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47439130/#47441847
So, here's the actual post where you mentioned the separate versions. If you're not willing to do that, can you at least do what those other anons suggested as a solution? Where you put in a +0 drawback for the magic version where it states that post-jump the alt form and all the perks still run off of that logic instead of it expiring and switching to nano slime mold machines?

If I could companion Rachel Bloom, I would.

I'd also consider adding seven clones of her to the group as well.

Please don't listen to shitposters.

You are so pathetically salty

You promised two versions of Nechronica, bitch.

That post isn't remotely salty, I asked nicely.

Now this shitposter in is being salty.

>sheathe/scabbard

>shitposters already in full-force
Christ.

He never said he was replacing Nechronica, though. You're just assuming because he said "update" that it's a replacement, because you need something to feel angry about.

I turned Jon Snow into snow in A Song of Ice and Fire, and the rest of cast into ice sculptures. Actually, I turned pretty much everyone into an ice sculpture, and ruled over a frozen world filled with my ice demons for the rest of the jump. That was fun! Especially since I did it while singing a Villain Song entitled 'A Song of Ice'.

Hey Toriko-user, would it be possible to add schematics and how-to guides for all the other crazy shit mankind made in the last war in the jump? Also, the descriptions of some of those Drop-In perks/items say it will take us until Year 10 to master it. Can we reduce that time with perks, or no?

user, that's how updates normally work. Things only develop differently at the jumpmaker's behest.

Please replace the jump that's on the drive with the update so that the shitposter will be denied the satisfaction of bitching about duplicates and OC anymore then he already does.

You're only asking for this to spite another user.

Yeah, and he said differently, didn't he? He said he was going to make a version updated with the canon information, while leaving the noncanon version for people like you. Then he posted an updated version. Why are you assuming it's contradictory to what he already said? There's no reason to, so you're just jumping to conclusions for the purpose of getting your fix of righteous anger.

African or European Swallow?

He said differently in 2016, though. There's no indication that this is going to be the case now, especially since he added new stuff to the other version and posed it as an update.

There's no indication it's not going to be the case, either. Again, you chose to assume the version that lets you be angry at something. You've got to kick your addiction to those stress chemicals in your brain, user.

I assumed the logical situation dude, I'm not sure what you're doing besides trying to keep an argument going.

How dangerous is Nier Automata?

It's sad how addiction twists a junky's perception of reality, isn't it?

Have you meet someone who btfo you in at least one skill?

There's a gay incestuous couple who control an entire world-spanning genocidal army of machines who can and will summon them all to one location and/or fuse with them for a super form, and can't die as long as any machines exist. Also plenty of them are as big as skyscrapers and their largest machine is well over 3500 feet tall.

So wait, is nameless magic actually canon to Harry Potter now?

Pretty dangerous. Giant killer robots, orbital death rays, tons of cyberwarfare turning your systems against you, and it's possible that there might still be some Maso around to cause the return of the White Chlorination Syndrome.

Wha...what does this mean?
I'm not a Fate person.

Wandless and wordless magic has been canon since the books were released.

Accidental magic doesn't count.

>There's a gay incestuous couple who control an entire world-spanning genocidal army of machines
You only played the first few endings, huh?

>and it's possible that there might still be some Maso around to cause the return of the White Chlorination Syndrome.
Probably not, maso was set to all expire like 200 years after Nier, and Automata takes places many thousands of years after that.

Posting this again. I know I said I'd do it in the morning but I got kidnapped to move heavy objects and I came home and crashed.

So looking over yesterdays stuff, it doesn't seem anyone sees any outstanding errors or such?

>Note: I said I added 2 things but turns out it was 3. I added Embalming as a small Enhancement/Appearance booster.

Also a lot of salt about Slimemolds. Anything else I miss?

Is the opening cool? I was worried a wall-0-text was going to ruin it but its everything need to know about the setting and then some.

Yeah, I'll talk to the Captain and see about 2 versions. A 0 CP drawback might be the easier way though and save on clutter.

Its cool, I know the community here loves me.

Love you to, asshole.

Just a reminded that it always needed an update. Such is what happens when any of us make a Jump of an unfinished setting or such.

Oh, huh. Would you guys like that? Like a seperate items section to pick up weird stuff like Schematics, Doll Parts, Hex Chips and stuff? I don't know why I hadn't even considered it.

Yes, DSA. Mind you that for the sake of the Jump itself, its supposed to be by itself. Out of Jump perks and abilities can reduce the time a lot.
This is assuming you enter the Jump and are learning how to literally bring back the dead by pumping them full of nanomachines and injecting memories by reading dirty stereo instructions. No lab equipment, no research teams, no super computers or teachers helping you.

I won't say it hasn't crossed my mind.

Personally I'm a fan of the Sri Lanka Swallow. Got a nice redish under blue look.

He could be talking about the Terminals, user.

Wasn't only in accidental magic either, people like Dumbledo used it.

Yes, I just beat ending A yesterday.

Sparing you people the horror of a drawback Yorokonde prompted me to make, have a jumper-centric question:

Describe your weapons of choice. All of them. Go into the nitty-gritty detail, give us the names and the accomplishments and the history. Mechanisms too, if you got them.

And also, would people appreciate a 300 CP "give-an-existing-weapon-the-Artifact-ability-to-constantly-grow-with-intake-of-artifact-power"? For those weapons that don't fit any of the existing artifacts? I know at least one user was wondering about a chain-based weapon, so that's what prompted it.

Where did Dumbledore use accidental magic in the books?

Sasaki Kojirou, the man in the pic gained a skill on the level of a servant (who are inmensely better than humans) because he wanted to kill a swallow in one strike and was bored. He is so skilled with the sword, reality bends itself so he strikes three times at the same time.

I mean windless magic. Fuck, I'm tired.

Yeah, it's done intentionally, too. It seems to be pretty hard to do both at once, Dumbledore is the only one we see combining wandless and wordless (that time he modified Marietta Edgecomb's memories mid-conversation), but one or the other is observed in other wizards. Like, Hermione silences a guy to keep him from casting spells during the fight in the Department of Mysteries, and he just hits her with some wordless fire curse.

>>Yeah, I'll talk to the Captain and see about 2 versions. A 0 CP drawback might be the easier way though and save on clutter.
Thank you so much! I'm happy with either solution you want to use, as long as there's a statement about the form/perks working off magic post-jump and not switching with the expiration of the drawback if you go with that solution instead of a magic version. I've always assumed that things altered by drawbacks change back post-jump unless the author states otherwise, you see. There's some ambiguity in the rules for it.

Well yeah, wordless magic has been well established for a long time. But I remember long discussions, some on this very thread, about whether windless magic was a thing because it was never explicitly stated or shown.

Just check the Harry Potter wiki user, it's been many years since I read the books.

That's Sasaki Kojirou, rival to legendary swordsman Musashi Miyamoto (not really) and Assassin servant in Fate/Stay Night.

He actually was summoned because he was a guy that mastered the swallow tail slash that let you cut birds out of the air with a simultaneous triple strike.

When Fate Grand Order was released, he became super popular as a common character because of a type advantage against dragons in the first chapter.

This led to memes like REGEND and "Dragons are just bigger swallows"

My weapon is my kind and gentle heart.

>Is the opening cool?

Hell yes!

>a servant (who are inmensely better than humans)
Not entirely true. Servants are better than MODERN humans. Most Servants were actually stronger in life because the Servant containers restrict them to one expression of their abilities for the most part (like Cu isn't using his Warp Spasm, mixing up uses of Gae Bolg with slashes from Fragerach, using one of his mystical horses, or casting runes at full power all at the same time like the real one could, he's only able to do one of those specs as a Servant)

>Yes, I just beat ending A yesterday.
A reminder that no one is allowed off of Yoko Taro's wild ride.

Enjoy user!

I'm actually about to start playing now that I've managed to talk to Toriko.

Is it weird that part of what I look forward to is new songs?

Anyone badass enough to turn "swing a sword" into a reflection of the Second true magic deserves to be a legend, even a fake one.

Weight of the wolrd is fantastic so no

Are all artifacts sapient?

>Jumpchain
>Being wrong about something
user, that happens all the time.

Opening is cool to me. And yeah, I would really like that.

Awesome, thanks.

It also rarely cuts the other way. Euryale, sister to Medusa, is a god, but also a weak one. Being summoned as an Archer "makes her sturdier" and also gives her a bow she never had in legend.

Nope. Only the Warlock Skull, the Priest Knife, and the Mage Staff are sapient. Ashbringer seems to keep some of Tyrion's voice with you, but it's not consistent enough to count.

That sounds like it could be a fun option, yes.

As for my own weapon, it's just a sword. Doesn't have a fancy name, I could never think of one that didn't feel pretentious. About three feet long, straight blade, made of black metal, with the etchings on it having a dull gold color. Not like there's metal inlaid, but like how heat treating can cause color changes a skilled smith can work into patterns. The material is actually made from my own condensed energies, there's a perk in Noblesse (one in God of War as well, I believe, but I didn't buy that one) that lets you condense energy into solid form with properties based on what that energy could do. I thought that was a good base material for my own blade. My personal themes are all about limits, imposing them or breaking them, with the sword being a strong metaphor in my aesthetics as the line of division between two states.

It makes for a pretty strong sword. It doesn't really have any gimmicks, but when it cuts something apart, that thing stays cut apart. No regeneration, no revival, not even that one trick amorphous monsters like to do when you cut them apart and each bit turns into a new monster. I added that one after having a nasty time in Resident Evil. It can cut apart intangibles, too, split a man's soul from his body or divide the weaves of energy in a spell to cancel it. I'm working on it being able to cut apart reality itself, cast things out into the darkness between worlds or unravel fate to make the impossible happen. Other than those effects, the only special things it can do are grow and shrink as I need it to reach any target, effectively instantly (technically, it scales to how fast I am, and I'm fast enough for that to count, these days) and phase through anything I don't want to cut so that elongated blade doesn't catch anything in its path to my target. Makes dealing with armor a breeze, too, not that it really needs to with how sharp it already is.

Not at all my homie. The music is easily one of the best things about the game.

But much like 2B's ass and A2's hips, it's part of a cunning trap.

It also makes her an unstoppable slayer of men who grinds all of the absurdly powerful Servant of Camelot under her heel.

>there's a perk in Noblesse... that lets you condense energy into solid form
Huh. Really? Or are you thinking of the one in Angel Notes?

Alright, so a +0 CP drawback would be easiest I think. I can just move stuff around and slip that in.

Oh good.

I'm glad people like the opening but now that I'm thinking about items, I think I have some work set out for me.

Aforementioned schematics, Spare Parts, Tools?, Slime, Hex Chips, Spare Clothes? and what else? Maps? Books? Weapons are redundant. Any ideas while I have my docs open?

Anything you can put in. This jump is just so much fun to read and all the fluff is fantastic so if you can add more of anything, please do.

I wonder if you could summon Arturia as an Assassin? The original Welsh legends gave Arthur a dagger that he could use to blend into the shadows and kill from stealth that he had for emergencies when his sword and spear weren't available/effective.

Thanks again Toriko.

I dont remember if Arthoria said she was only suited for the Saber class, but MHX is assasin and is basically the same person as her

That's one of Altria's classes she qualifies for iirc because of Carnwenne

Maybe a Weather Control Device, or some kind of base/home like the Necromancers probably have? Perhaps a factory for mass undead production?

Yes, really. The one in Angel Notes (Knight's Armory) turns it directly into a weapon. The one in Noblesse (Concentration, a 600CP perk for Scientists) turns it into a crafting material, which I then used to make my sword along with other exotic materials and advanced forging processes both mystical and technological.

Yeah, but MHX is an alternate reality Arturia, I think she earned the Assassin label because of her anti-Saberface killings, not because of her legends.

Really? They mention Carnwenne in Fate? Neat.

I think that just leaves Arturia out of the Archer and and Caster classes, unless I'm forgetting some ability/action Arthur has.

Give us some slime mold, maybe? The fact that they all act as a giant, singular set of neurons that stretch through the body is pretty cool.

>Arturia
>Arthoria
>Altria

Fate is bad and inconsistent. What else is new?

I'm looking for a bunch of tosses for a relatively early period in my current chain - sub-20 jumps. Haven't been sinking huge amounts of CP into drawbacks and investments, and I have a small set of compatriots that I try to import, so everyone is pretty low level.

Holding onto veto rights, though.

For real fun, use materials from the Crimson (Terraria) to work with the energy and tiberium, then quench the resulting terror in liquid death (Minecraft/Thaumcraft.)

Shit, nigga. Somehow I missed that.

Altria is the official spelling but everyone ignores it because it's dumb as shit.

>Arturia
The classic. Good adaptation that sounds feminine yet also calls to mind the name Arthur.
>Arthoria
The more direct translation. Is the name Arthur with a feminine suffix, so it sounds awkward and strange.
>Altria
Stupid shit. Doesn't sound like Arthur at all, so it doesn't call to mind King Arthur at all. Unfortunately canon because Japs cannot understand that l and r are different sounds in English.

Would Void/Light be a racial template?

What's the general theme of the chain, user?
Gravity Rush is a great jump no matter what your chain is, and VA-11 HALL-A is a nice place to pick up some discreet cybernetics.

Aquaria and Sherlock Holmes.

But also Angel Notes.

She's most suited to being a Saber yes, but she can be summoned into other classes, as we saw with Lancer.

Sadly, not quite, right now, her Confirmed Classes are Saber, Rider, Lancer, and Berserker. Archer was an irregular occurrence thanks to Scathátch and Primordial Runes shenanigans.

The translation team was told specifically by the higher ups that they should use Altria as Saber's Name in the NA FGO.

Fire Emblems are good early chain jumps.

You want stupid? Recall that Mash's name is supposed to be 'Matthew', but they kept pronouncing it 'Mashu', so they romanized it as 'Mash' in America.

I'm pretty sure her name should just be Arthur (possibly Artur, given linguistic drift). That's what people called her. She identified as the character she had constructed, too, so it's not like in her secret heart of hearts she thought of herself as Arthuria.

Well I'm glad you like the fluff. It REALLY brings the setting to life. XP

Like one user said, they started in Africa and with the new fluff it might be a good idea to move.

No problem. Once I get this out of the way then I can finally mark it off my list and move on to something else.

Well I don't know if I'd just give you the complete thing. Thats where the schematics come in. Not that you couldn't just go snatch one if you can find them or reach them.

A base? Hm...Might not be a bad idea. Would definitely help with certain drawbacks like being the Mayor. Oh, undead production for those that want to play Necromancer.

Yeah, that was the Slime mentioned above. Like maybe a couple barrels of the stuff and notes on making more?

I realized now that I'm missed out on a whole lot of potential stuff to put in here. Like more Companions maybe? Also looking at the notes at the beginning, I just realized I fucked up the Free Sisters. Its supposed to all be And/Or. Fixing now.

Alright, I'll start making changes now. Feel free to leave more notes and stuff in thread. I'll be here all night.

Why is the girl named Matthew?

Waifufags are insecure.

I can appreciate something nice and simple. Just an all-capable sword with some of your best essence put in. Let's you focus more on your blade- and footwork instead of a weapon gimmick.

>kind and gentle heart

... does it fire lazers

does it hit people with friendship lasers.

Also I should probably answer me own sodding question huh.

As of right now, I got no fucking idea. I can see it working with the 200 CPer other templates, but at the same time - kinda encroaches on what I got goin for Lightbringer and Voidcaller.

Although given The Worgen Curse is now a template, I can probably hamfist Void-Infused and Lightforged in.

Any three:

Death Note, Superman the Animated Series, Batman the Animated Series, Secret of Evermore, Sabaton, Corruption of Champions.

Well right now I'm in the mess process of using the Invader Zim duct-tape fusion on both a Fallout Fatman and a Doom BFG because...I want one.

But my favorite and most used weapon (which I probably overuse considering how much power I have poured into it) is my own person Mjolnir I suck at names so I don't know what else to call it.
I got this hammer as the "gods hammer" in Age of Mythology and in the very next jump, Zelda, I got it its first layer of indestructibility (it has about 3 to five layers now.) Age of Myth was my 329nth jump. I am currently on jump 922. Since then I have used King Arthur's Enchantment and and item importations to upgrade it over 100 times. It is now sentient (but not sapient), can fly, can only be wielded by those I deem worth, and does massive damage to evil while being harmless to good along with a whole slew of other properties. It even does more damage against those of my bloodline, thus making it the perfect counter weapon against me if I ever stray from my ideals...but it also help undo mental corruption so that is unlikely.
I love and use this weapon so much, I even forged a piece of my soul into a hammer and merged it with my Mjolnir. Any time I see an option to give it a new power or great increase, I have to get it.

Dunno Arturia always sounded dumb to me, obviously not dumber than Altria

I wonder Takeuchi will ever give into temptation and make his waifu into a Berserker, especially now that they changed it so Berserkers aren't always just screeching constantly.

>you will never connect to another person on the level that this user connects to his hammer

Mine's the Blade of Dana'adandaichi and if anyone could point me in the direction of another weapon import that includes da or dan or whatever in it's name so I can glue a few more syllables on that that'd be swell. It's a sentient semi-autonomous blade of water that looks like a dragon flowing in air chopping people up.

Freddy vs Jason vs Ash seems fairly low-powered if you ignore the eventual reality warping. But it's only one guy and it should be something preventable in an otherwise street-level setting.

Yeah Artria sounds better.