Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do we fix Shifter and her archetypes? How do we make it not worse than hunters and rangers? Oozemorphs get NO MAGIC ITEMS (RIP slime girls). Ragemorphs fail their Will saves.

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo-bard-archetypes/sandman/
myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1372980
d20pfsrd.com/classes/arcane-archetypes-super-genius-games/sigil-mage/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Adventure Paths

Port Master of Many Forms over from 3.5, give it Full BAB, good Fort and Ref, 4+Int skill points, and I think the existing Shifter class skill list is decent for the role.

Last I checked, PF had shapeshifting spells for every creature type other than Aberration, Construct and non-Elemental Outsiders by this point, so that should just be an issue of figuring out what level to put them all in.

Wild Speech as a bonus feat seems vital as a pure quality of life measure because of the level 6 pre-req. Leaving the generic shifter level is druid level for pre-reqs will similarly be important to make it fit if we go the wild shape route.

I couldn't sleep, I've found that the Druid gets the shape changing spells as wildshape abilities 1 level lower then when a wizard gets them so it would be like this:

1st
2nd Alter Self
3rd
4th Beast Shape I, Fey Form I, Monstrous Physique I, Undead Anatomy I, Vermin Shape I
5th
6th Beast Shape II, Elemental Body I, Monstrous Physique II, Vermin Shape II
7th
8th Beast Shape III, Elemental Body II, Fey Form II, Monstrous Physique III, Plant Shape I, Undead Anatomy II
9th
10th Beast Shape IV, Elemental Body III, Fey Form III, Form of The Dragon I, Monstrous Physique IV, Ooze Form I, Plant Shape II, Undead Anatomy III
11th
12th Elemental Body IV, Form of The Dragon II, Giant Form I, Magical Beast Shape, Ooze Form II, Plant Shape III
13th
14th Fey Form IV, Form of The Dragon III, Giant Form II, Ooze Form III, Undead Anatomy IV
15th
16th
17th
18th
19th
20th

I would basically start Wildshape at 1st or 2nd level with it starting at 2/day and every two levels thereafter it increases by 1/day until 20th level when it becomes at will.

Hey man, since your up, can we get the new animal companion stats? I'd have waited to ask until you woke up again, buuuut...

I spoil you guys too much.

Damn right you do. thanks man.

>Grizzly Bear
FUCKING HALLELUJAH. FINALLY A LARGE SIZE BEAR.

How about a summoner who mainly uses teamwork feats? Both Eidolon and Summoner taking stuff like precision strike and outflank when it's mainly about picking someone then playing monkey in the middle with an enemy?

I hate to say it, but doesn't Hunter cover that niche completely already?

Don't know honestly, I haven't really looked at hunter

They automatically get teamwork feats at level 2, 3, and every 3 levels thereafter. Their animal companion automatically gets all teamwork feats that the hunter gets.

It's part of what makes it such an amazing class to me.

Why is literally everyone with a Y chromosome in this game so hecking annoying? It’s nothing but daddy memes and passive doormats.

What is the duration of the new mauler familiar's battle form? It is listed as being usable three times per day, but no duration is listed.

Also, as someone else had pointed out, is that not a rather nice new benefit for an 11th-level protector familiar? That is double hit points.

It is a shame that these archetypes are all for chained monks.

I expect to see at least one /pfg/ game use the monk (water dancer) as gestalt bait for its double-Charisma-to-unarmored-AC benefit, as someone else had pointed out. Then again, given that it marries the chained monk and the kineticist together into an unholy abomination, perhaps double-Charisma-to-unarmored-AC cannot salvage it.

I am a fan of "fat Jesus." They had clearly taken a generic picture and then inserted a clip art puddle beneath it.

could you please post the Barbarian and Ranger Archetypes?

>Clip art puddle

Oh my god, I didn’t realize how bad the art was until you pointed it out. Paizo why, you’re slipping.

Damn, free feats are always better. I mean that's cool and I would rather play that, though I do like the idea of a magical summon being used. But Hunter already just sounds better

fighting captcha to post this.

>transform into a larger, more ferocious form and back as a standard action
Because no other mention of duration is made, we can assume that entering and exiting this form is one cumulative standard action.
Hope you've got some really good swift actions.

For this? Yeah. On top of that, Hunter still gets levels 1-6 casting, and can draw from both the ranger and druid spell lists.

Seriously, go look up some of the ranger-exclusive spells that Hunter can poach. Allfood is amazing on so many levels.

you're a great man.

I suppose it gives the mauler three uses of the ability... although whether or not shrinking costs one of the 3/day uses is unclear.

I am not entirely sure why this mauler ability ever needed a 3/day limitation to begin with.

Having a drawfag in your party is pretty fun

What is the point of custom magic plants?

From what I can tell, a custom magic plant that produces one fruit every day, year-long, will set you back (spell level) × (caster level) × 8,000 gp, or half that if crafted.

However, for the same price, you could get yourself a 1/day, command word, custom magic item for (spell level) × (caster level) × 1,800 gp, or half that if crafted.

Sure, the custom plant can store fruits for up to a week, but given that it is stationary and that it costs so much more, why bother with a custom plant rather than a custom command word magic item?

That's not how you're supposed to do the virgin vs. Chad meme.

Don't forget that in order to do this, you need Knowledge(Nature), Brew Potion, and Wondrous Item, AND you need to keep your Knowledge(Nature) maxed at least up to 6.

Whereas Wondrous Item is just... Craft Wondrous Item, one of THE BEST feats in the game, especially for crafting.

What is the point of custom magic plants?

From what I can tell, a custom magic plant that produces one fruit every day, year-long, will set you back (spell level) × (caster level) × 8,000 gp, or half that if crafted.

However, for the same price, you could get yourself a 1/day, command word, custom magic item for (spell level) × (caster level) × 360 gp, or half that if crafted.

Sure, the custom plant can store fruits for up to a week, but given that it is stationary and that it costs so much more, why bother with a custom plant rather than a custom command word magic item that costs 4.5% as much?

It is actually far worse than I had first thought, given how cheap 1/day custom command word magic items are.

>Wolf Savage no longer allows you to use (Ex) Bestow Curse on your unarmed strike victims
Wow, way to kill everything fun about that feat-chain, Paizo.

Spotted the virgin.

Wow, the Feytouched companion is actually incredibly good for a caster druid. Apply that to the new falcon animal companion, and it becomes actually pretty strong (since it didn't get to medium size anyways) on top of being great for someone who wants to stand and cast rather than mix it up in melee.

>that filename
O-Okay, Zounose.

I want to take Healing Hex on my Witch for flavour and my DM is kindly letting me suggest a house rule to buff it. Since it now seems like it's fairly useless after the Hex Vulnerability errata that at least allowed it to be used for out of combat healing. What would you guys recommend? My thinking was to potentially let it be used as a Swift Action when healing the Witch (still has the only usable on someone once per 24 hours).

Hunters are a great class honestly. They're fun to play and powerful in a balanced way.

They're my favorite class in the entire game for a good reason.

I've got a party of a Chosen One Archer Paladin, Melee Grenadier Alchemist, Melee Dwarf Hunter with a Bear companion, a Monk/Sorceror multiclass going for Dragon Disciple.

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding between what to play in the party. I've managed to narrow it down to a teleportation-based Ninja/Rogue type thing, some sort of classic Wizard, or a heavily tattooed frost-based Sorceror.

Any idea what might fit best? The party is running through Shattered Star, if that matters.

So has anyone actually tried to play a shifter or is this just "math says it's bad so it's bad because everyone says so"?

How about a Sandman Bard?

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo-bard-archetypes/sandman/

Give yourself some Rogue utility (whilst also being far more useful than a Rogue), be a backup party face (or even the main one depending on how the Paladin is stated), bring some great save-or-suck utility and even get a little bit of sneak attack action later (not really something to build the class around but nice to have).

Trust me, on the Rogue, I've got enough shit cobbled together for it to be decent.

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1372980

It's the only one that I've yet put together a test sheet for.

>Hidden Blade

Ahh fair enough then. Yeah go with the Rogue. Hidden Blades are fun to play and it seems like it'd fit well with the rest of the party.

What's the best way to crush people against walls using my armor and using enough speed? I must live up to Reinhardt's standard

To be fair, I don't have full Hidden Blade. There's some rules about PoW that changed things, so all I'm getting from it is the drawing hidden shit and portable hole bit.

Would anyone be up for a /pfg/ Roll20 game about non-MMO, game-rules-aware isekai fantasy?

The kind of isekai where it's not REALLY an MMO, but everyone is bizarrely aware of the game rules that their world works on, and here's the protagonist from Earth who's special (or not) because reasons.

There are adventurer's guilds that give ranks, ranked quests, ranked dungeon locations, etc.

Has anyone ever run a game like this?

Should it just be Pathfinder with PCs from Earth and NPCs who are aware of the game rules?

Is Minor Gestalt available?

I-Is minor gestalt the new hotness?

Are we gonna see everyone throw together "Alright guys, check out my initiating caster!" forever and ever?

All I want is the ability to grab like, Sneak Attack or Rogue Talents. Shit's fun, man.

If I were to join, I'd probably make a Witch.

Not going to lie, that sounds derivative and horrible, go back to /a/ and wait for next seasons's "human from earth transported to a fantasy world" iteration

>magic plants

Sounds like Tippyverse to me.

120,000 gp is pretty cheap on the scale of a national government, and that means you get to plant a tree in your capital that grows one Remove Disease fruit per day.

The printed ones are all crap, though:

>altitude fern
>12,000 gp to ignore undefined penalties for 13 weeks out of the year within a 1-day travel distance of the plant

>fishweed
>30,000 gp to not need to breathe for 4 hours/day within a 1-day travel distance of the plant
>or you could just get four bottles of air for 29,000 gp

>palm of decadent feats
>9,600 gp to get a single heroes' feast once per year
>once per Goddamn year

>Nature's Weapon
>a feat that lets you... find an improvised weapon
>which is completely identical to normal improvised weapons
>which you can already find anywhere

>Wolf Style

If you have extended reach (Lunge, a PoW warder, whatever) and can deal 60 damage with an AoO, you can now lock down an enemy forever.

Any chance we can get info on the barbarian stuff from ultimate wilderness?

Why not just give it at will to start with, and scale the forms accordingly?

I'd be interested if it was like Log Horizon, where it's game rules at first but then things start to change in interesting ways because the originally strict rules are now "real".

Either that or like KonoSuba, where everything's deeply dysfunctional in a bunch of ways and the meta-knowledge of the rules just plays into that.

Pretty sure you'd need to convert Dungeoncrasher over from DnD 3.5 to make a Reinhardt expy.

on the other hand, dungeoncrasher is actually good, so I'd say go for it if you can convince a GM to allow it.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/arcane-archetypes-super-genius-games/sigil-mage/

What would a Sorceror actually trade for this, or is it just up to the GM and player to work out?

It's in the third party book that comes from. Somebody didn't include everything when they stuck it on there.

What does the witch (season witch) actually sacrifice? Is it simply a straight upgrade? A minor upgrade, granted, but why not take it given that these offer decent hexes anyway?

Then again, perhaps it could be referring to the seasonal patrons?

It never outright stipulates that a witch is restricted to the appropriate seasonal patron, does it?

They're good for a GM who wants to dress up the wilderness/gardens with magic stuff, I guess.
Isn't Wolf Style a reprint from the Skinwalker book?

I'm reading through the book now, and I'm not seeing it anywhere?

could anyone post the Ranger and the barbarian archetypes, please?

Also that witch archetype looks like it's a no brainer to take.

What are some of your favorite non-human races to play?

>As a free action, a Treestrider must select an ape as her animal companion

Fairies! I like being small and helpful.

Suli, Grippli, Lizardmen, Warforged

Elves

wait, are their slime girls in pathfinder now?

Yes, but they don't have magic item slots.

Goo girls BTFO.

Faeries without a doubt, but most games don't have an option for them.

What would the penalty for only having one eye be? Say, you've got a character that was born with two eyes, lived the majority of his life just fine, and offended his tribe enough that he was punished with an eye being put out and exile from them.

Merfolk! Their slow overland speed is fun to roleplay, and doesn't hurt too much if you're a caster. Plus you have an excuse to ask someone to carry you.

For a petless hunter this has some potential but like why doesn't Favoured Terrain play into things a little more? Like extend the duration of Tactician when in their Favoured Terrain or something (maybe even increase the benefits of it). I'd also say that they should really have gotten the other parts of the Tactician line too (or at least been able to eventually do it as a Move and then a Swift).

-2 to Perception, but it's a fantasy game so it really only should affect you as much as you want it to. Like a veteran hunter whose scarred one of his in an old hunt shouldn't thematically have a penalty because the idea is he's still really good.

They can have magic item slots, but only while they're using their limited class ability to be shaped like a humanoid.

But yeah, it's pretty terrible overall.

I'd make it a perception penalty at either short or long ranges (depending on the eye). Potentially even a penalty with ranged weapons over a certain increment.

>They can have magic item slots, but only while they're using their limited class ability to be shaped like a humanoid.
It doesn't actually say this, does it...

The way I'm reading it, I think you have to take the hex they give you at level 1. They say it's a bonus hex, but they also say it alters the hex gained at level 1. And maybe there's some patron info missing, because it says it alters the patron gained at level 1 too.

Technically it says the inverse:
>"In this form, the oozemorph...has no magic item slots and she cannot benefit from armor; cast spells; hold objects; speak; or use any magic item that requires activation, is held, or is worn on the body. An oozemorph reverts to this formless state whenever she is unconscious or in an area of antimagic."
Note how this form is described as formless-- you're not a 'goo girl', you are a protoplasmic blob. The intention is that you can't wear armor or magic items unless you actually have places to put them; hands, fingers, feet, etc.

Then it goes on to explain:
>"A number of times per day...an oozemorph can assume a humanoid form as a move action."
At this point, you are allowed to put on and benefit from armor and magic items. They simply stop benefiting you when you blorp back into your blob form.

Why else would they note that their DR only kicks in "while wearing no armor or wearing light nonmetal armor"?

For a cold-based blaster sorc, assuming it's possible to get variations of spells for the purposes of what type they have/damage they deal, what are some good level 3 and under damage spells? I already know the snowball meme.

As far as I can tell, there are four ways to interpret this catastrophe of an archetype:

A. You gain a DC increase. You gain a bonus hex based on your season, and you can choose whatever patron you would like. This is the hyperpowered version.

B. You gain a DC increase. You gain a bonus hex based on your season, but you are locked into the appropriate seasonal patron described in previous pages.

C. You gain a DC increase. Your 1st-level hex is locked into one of the two prescribed hexes,but you can choose whatever patron you would like.

D. You gain a DC increase. Your 1st-level hex is locked into one of the two prescribed hexes, and you are locked into the appropriate seasonal patron described in previous pages. This is the sensible reading.

Slime Girls need a buff.

I'm about to GM my first game ,/pfg/ , wish me luck!

Good luck, sincerely.

post more goo girls

I hope you have a good time!

That...makes a lot of sense.

HEY OP, OOZEMORPHS AREN'T CRIPPLED ANYMORE.

I had one wish for the Shifter, and that was some form of at-will shifting.

ONE WISH.
EVEN THE GODDAMN HUNTER CAN GET PERMANENT ANIMAL-THEMED BUFFS AND ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS SHOOT THEIR DOG.

Fuck off.

You can grow your fingernails at will, isn't that already enough?

>HEY OP, OOZEMORPHS AREN'T CRIPPLED ANYMORE.
What happened?

Are you missing the part where oozemorphs have to make saves just to maintain their humanoid form?

Apparently we interpreted it wrong, the ban against magic items only applies when you're in your shapeless blob form. Once you go full goo girl with your Alter Self power you can wear whatever.

But what benefits are you actually getting out of your goo girl form?
And don't you have to make Fort saves or lose your form?

They don't sacrifice anything. However, you get ONE seasonal patron and you cannot change it. The reason this alters patrons is because normally you only get spells from a patron, rather than a bonus hex and an ability granted by the patron.

It's literally a straight upgrade, if you don't mind the less than stellar spells provided by the seasonal patrons. It's also a case of "oh, I'll just take the patron and not concern myself with the roleplaying, just like everyone does with clerics" situation.

You only start making Fortitude saves after the initial duration of hours/level runs out. It still sucks plenty, but after the first few levels you can probably hold out the whole adventuring day without too much of a problem, so I guess it's not completely crippling?

On the flipside, it still bans you from benefiting from anything that requires an attuning period like the Ring of Sustenance, since you can't hold your form for that long. So that's a letdown. But hey, there's nothing stopping you from wearing all those armor/items around in your blob form and using a move action Alter Self to start benefiting from all of them when you need them, so I guess that's something.

Will this be the new must-have, no-brainer archetype for witches, then? Patron spells are not particularly important for witches given that a witch can always add spells to their familiar anyway.

But what are you GETTING out of being an oozemorph that isn't minor bullshit?

What phrases and word would to be written on a devil/demon skin and horns? Would a tiefling have them, even if it ends in a gibberish of infenral and abyssal?

Maybe we should try a /pfg/ edition of ? Don't fill in what doesn't apply, like casting a spell.

>Made Leader:

>Select 1:
>Select 2:
>Select 3:

>Action 1:
>Action 2:
>Action 3:

>Battle Cry:
>Critical Hit:
>Critical Miss:
>Badly Hurt:
>Death Rattle:

>Bored:
>Casting a Spell:
>Stealth:
>Picking Pocket:
>Inventory Full:

>Rare Select 1:
>Rare Select 2:
>Rare Select 3:
>Rare Select 4:

You can't add spells that aren't on your spell list to your familiar. Almost all patron spells are spells that are not on the witch list - but the seasonal witch spells aren't nearly as potent as things like miracle, righteous might, shapechange, giant form, wish, etc. In fact, they're almost all elemental damage type effects, the worst kind of effects you can take for spells.