40k crossover genneral

The mission stays the same edition

A thread for general discussion of cool crossover ideas and stories.

>What is the mission stays the same?

It is an old crossover story published back in 2011. It follows the story of inquisitorial stormtrooper August Galardi and Farseer Maeteris, as they are transported to the ME universe by a vengeful deamon

It was sadly discontinued last spring

>what is this thread for?

Discuss the story in question, and other crossover stuff. Original art and writefaggotry is greatly encouraged

All crossover stuff is welcome, wether its 40k, deadspace, mass effect what ever.

The point is writing and sharing cool crossover ideas

>links to crossover stories

The mission stays the same (Stormtrooper and farseer join Shepard in ME2, they have to cope witth their surroundings)
fanfiction.net/s/7436717/1/The-Mission-Stays-the-Same

Silly but killy (orcs replace humans in the ME story, hillarity ensues)
fanfiction.net/s/10578266/1/Silly-but-Killy

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/u/3160315/?a=b
fanfiction.net/s/5672901/1/The-God-of-Death
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

>Eldarxhuman
>Eldar not taller
People that don't care about or like Eldar should leave them alone and not use them for anything.

Yes?

I gave it a read.

Seems really cool.

The amount of character struggle and feels is really good. The main character is really struggling.

Also the whole lasgun arms race is really cool.

This guy shows up in all my threads...

Let me show it for you.

I liked it. Shame it was discontinued, I really really wanted to see what kind of reaction would they have with regards to Legion, or Javik (oh dear God the reaction of Javik)

I only the author make a last post about would happened next.

Dude just updated his account with a q&a about what was going to happen.

10/10

Linky?

fanfiction.net/u/3160315/?a=b

Much appreciated.

Shame to hear that, I would have done a few things a little different but I liked the story enough.

Thank the Emperor, they fucked. I am content.

I've always liked the idea of the Necrons taking the role of the Reapers in the Mass Effect universe as the ancient horror that threatens to destroy all life in the galaxy. Perhaps to make it fit better, we could go by old Necron fluff where they'd awaken to kill all advanced organic life to feed their C'tan gods and go into stasis again to give time for more species to arise in order to harvest.

Wait what?

Q&A taken from his fanfic.net profile

Q1: Were you actually planing for Gallardi and Maeteris to get together at the end?

A: Yes, Gallardi and Maeteris do get together in the end.

Q2: It would be cool knowing what Javik and Maeteris would think of each other

A: Javik would have been rather thrilled about a chance to talk to someone not "primitive", but that would have been his mistake, because he would have treated Maeteris as an equal, while to her he is hardly all that different from the rest of the ME people. His psychic abilities would not really impress anyone at that point due to large number of psykers present in the story at that point - Jack, M'tarr and the rest of the Gyrinx, Mirala, Rila, Falere and the rest of Ardat-Yakshi, Rachni Queen etc.

Q3: Im mostly interested in how the imperial technology would change the universe, and if it would change the war.

A: It pretty much decides the fate of the war. However, I would have given it a giant boost after the assault on Collector base, because simply giving laser and plasma tech would not be enough to win the war against Reapers. There're just too many of them. You need Deus Ex Machina device like the Crucible in ME. As I promised myself not to use the Crucible and the Star Child, I instead introduced a different plot device - and Ark Mechanicus with a DAoT doomsday device on board, which pretty much destroys most of the Reaper fleet making the forces of Reapers and Citadel Alliance roughly equal in power. Queue giant battle that Citadel Alliance wins by the skin of their teeth when Shepard and Gallardi board the Harbinger and kill it from the inside.

Q4: Was Morinth actually possessed by a daemon like you alluded to? And what do Samara and Maeteris think of each other?

A: In my story, Morinth was the name of the daemon that possessed Mirala (the real name of Samara's youngest daughter). During Samara's loyalty mission, instead of killing Morinth (and Mirala) Maeteris engaged her in psychic duel and beat the daemon, freeing Mirala from possession. After that she helped Mirala control her powers, making her the first Asari psyker.

As you can guess, after that Samara was venerating Maeteris.

Q5: And what happens with Cerberous and the Illusive Man? Do they go full retard like in canon or some other path?

A: In my story Cerberus managed to steal plans of Crucible from Mars. After that they pretty much stayed under radar during the war until they launched one desperate assault on the Citadel in order to use Crucible to get control of the Reapers. It failed simply because by that time the Star Child was destroyed, so the whole system was inoperable.

Also, Illusive Man managed to unlock some of his psychic potential through a combination of Reaper tech and research he performed on humans, asari and gyrinx. He managed to briefly take control of both Shepard and Gallardi, ordering them to shoot one another. Shepard didn't have much training against psychic powers, so her willpower was only enough to slightly shift her aim, making sure that Gallardi received a non-lethal wound. Gallardi however, was better trained to resist psychic powers and resisted TIM's almost completely and then killed the later with a plasma pistol.

Have to admit I'm kinda sad I won't get to read all the shenanigans make them closer, toppless dueling sounds pretty funny.

posting the rest of the Q&A

Q6: And on a different note, i had this idea that the reapers where cleansing the galaxy of life to keep the warp calm. Since without intelligent life, chaos cannot exist. This is why reapers keep saying that their plans are "Beyond your comprehension.", since chaos and the warp is pure madness. Did you have similar ideas?

A: Reapers were not aware of the warp, therefore the cleansing and the warp are not related. They were exactly the same thing they were in the game - apathetic machines that truly believed they were doing the right thing. The only twist I added to this was Harbinger slowly evolving from a simple AI to a daemonic entity (you know, cause of all the suffering that he had caused). And he was actually pretty close to becoming a greater daemon/chaos god, but, as you already know, Shepard and Gallardi stopped him.

However, in the last scene Gallardi asked Maeteris if she thought it possible that this whole thing was orchestrated by someone or something, as there were simply too many lucky coincidences that ensured their victory. To that, Maeteris said that such a possibility will always exist.

Q7: Where did the Arc Mechanicus you mentioned come from? Is it from the actual 40k verse? Or is it something the alliance managed to build themselves? And was was the doomsday device onboard you mentioned?

A: The Ark Mechanicus is from 40k universe. Well, to be more precise it's from Great Crusade era. Its arrival was the downside of it using its DAoT weapon against the same daemon that Gallardi and Maeteris banished at the beginning of the story. The ship was pretty banged up and ended up in in the center of ME Galaxy, not far away from Collector's base, where Normandy found it. The doomsday device is pretty straightforward - it generates a big shockwave that causes massive amounts of damage to everything in front of the ship. The downside is that it overloads the ship's systems, rendering it mostly inoperable.

Q8: How does Gallardi's and Maeteris' romance progress? When does it start?

A: You could say that the start of G/M romance would have been after Gallardi's "loyalty" mission where Maeteris, Shepard and some other crew members had to invade Gallardi consciousness to prevent him from committing suicide (he gets into a conflict with some humans harassing a quarian junk dealer on Omega and ends up accidentally killing one). After that there would have been many small, sometimes silly, things that would get them closer together, like the two of them having a mock duel on the Normandy, which Maeteris would win, only to find out that she stripped herself topless on reflex, because that how Eldar Warriors practice with their fellows. Stuff like that. The whole thing would culminate in the two of them going on a date on Earth a week before the arrival of Reapers. As you can guess, the ending of that date was Extra Heretical.

Q9: Does the knowledge of Gallardi and Maeteris' universe ever become public knowledge?

A: Well, when they make a warp jump on Galahad (the Ark Mechanicus ship) to Arcturus, it all becomes pretty well-known. Because it is impossible not to notice an Ark Mechanicus.

Q10: How does the suicide mission play out?

A: Suicide mission would have been pretty boring, actually, because the crew of the Normandy was not abducted. Plus, the team was pretty OP by that point: original team Maeteris and Gallardi laser weapons Jack's pyrokine powers Mirala = one giant can of whoop ass.

Agreed, although I think I would have preferred more of a 'fight-fight kiss-kiss' dynamic.

Q11: Lastly, since i might as well ask, what do you see becoming of Gallardi and Maeteris after the war? And how changed would they become by their time in the ME universe?

A: I didn't go far with the epilogue. After the war finally ended (it lasted several years, they were mopping up the remaining Reapers) Gallardi mostly worked as a peacekeeper and military instructor for Systems Alliance grav troopers. He also helped establish a colony on ME equivalent of his home planet, Harakon. After he retired he lived with his family on Thessia.

Maeteris spent most of her time either on Thessia, Lesuss (where Ardat-Yakshi monastery was converted into Seer Acadamy) or on Moarheff. Moarheff, besides being Gyrinx homeworld, also became a colony for Eldar Remnant (yes, they actually survived, one ship managed to slip past the Reapers and landed on Moarheff, where Eldar created a gate to a pocket dimension and they were sitting there ever since. Wouldn't be the first time the Eldar managed to fool everyone).

Maeteris and Gallardi had two children - twin sisters Arcadia and Lileath. They weren't "hybrids", but pure eldar. Maeteris picked up a few tricks from the Asari. Maeteris also had an accident which resulted in at least one Asari daughter from one of her Ardat-Yakshi/Asari psyker students.

Boi

We have the plotline info right here

We can finish it!

>this

lets get shit done!

I can finally rest

No, let the old ghost rest in peace, instead of dragging their corpses to rot under our clumsy hands.

Not even a few snips?

>Maeteris and Gallardi had two children - twin sisters Arcadia and Lileath. They weren't "hybrids", but pure eldar. Maeteris picked up a few tricks from the Asari.

You know, I actually like this idea. It would not the the weirdest thing in 40K.

RAAGH. I had a snippet and then TextEdit crashed for THE FIRST TIME IN -- what -- TEN YEARS!?!

Give me five minutes to retype...

I think a full-blown project might end up very badly, but a (completely unofficial, replaceable) snip here and there would be fun.

Oh, well, whatever. I'm glad my warnings found an ear, even if my dark powers were a bit feebler than I remember.

Maybe the evil eye doesn't work through text all that well...

Shepard stared at the newcomer. Tall, humanoid, completely concealed within close-fitting armor… with a tall, conical helmet.

Oh, there were slight differences-- more visible tubing, no jewels at all that she could see, no winglike structures, and a slight chunkiness or blockiness compared to the streamlined design of the Farseer's armor. Older, the back of her mind whispered.

One glance aside was enough to confirm her suspicion. Maeteris stood paralyzed in mid-motion.

The stranger was an Eldar.

>Maeteris also had an accident which resulted in at least one Asari daughter from one of her Ardat-Yakshi/Asari psyker students.

That would probably make for some awkward family reunions.

eh, what's this thread about.

A fanfic that crosses mass effect and warhammer 40000, with good plot and interesting characters, but that unfortunately got discontinued recently.

Bumping the thread by asking if there is another 40K crossover worth keep an eye.

Oh, I thought it was just about warhammer themed crossovers.
why doesn't fantasy get anything fun?

A World of Blood Evolution is pretty good if you like RWBY.

Or if you hate it.

There's "When in doubt, blame the eldar", but it's only a crossover by a technicality. 'S more of a self-insert, actually, but it includes a robot from planetary anihilation.

Still, worth a passing read.

I'm disappointed my party never goty to fight Big Boss, Bigga Boss and Biggest Boss

Seconding this request if anyone's still around.

bump

There's three good ones I read so far:

>Berserkhammer (Berserk), which is about Guts' (here named Gotts) awful life in the Empire as a merc.

>Gatehammer (Gate), where the gates open in Altdorf and Ulthwan, and the fouth son of Karl Franz is sent to investigate. Meanwhile, the other side has to deal with Chaos being douchbags with them too.

>An ISOT in Grimdark (real life), where a freak accident teletransport Germany to the world of Fantasy, replacing the Empire.

Kys

You know, now that i think og it. I dont think there has ever been any fanart of this pairing.

Any deawfags ready to give this a go.

I second this. If i had the skills ibwould already have done it.

To any drawfags reading this, Maeteris has black hair (i think), more curvy figure than the average eldar and is from Ulthwe.

Gallardi is a Harakoni warhawk, and has a hotshot lasgun, plasma pistol and power sword.

I dont know if the story ever describes their faces or not. Will have to read through to check.

Hey thats pretty cool

They actually do fug at the end

I can finally sleep in peace

Kys

angery

I'd add Silly but killy to the list

The first 3-4 chaprers are pretty badly written, but the humor and orkyness carries you through it

After the first 4 or so (thankfully short) chapters, the author learns how to actually write dialogue, and the story turn into orky fun!

bonus looted reapa

those are some cool reapas

i might know a drawfag, will see if he is interrested

Further descriptions that I recall:

Gallardi has dark hair buzzed very short; I got the impression his face is fairly ordinary (no mention of vivid scarring.) He's quite tall, nearly as tall as Maeteris.

Maeteris has Howling Banshee tattoos around her eyes, and her hair is naturally black but she has a comb that turns it red when she wears it.

I need to re-read, too, but I remember the hair and tattoos quite clearly.

thanks boi

this will be of great use

Whoop! And Gallardi's left arm is augmetic from the elbow down. (Also the lower halves of both legs).

Well have this.

Orks are probably the Reapers' worst nightmare, because a lot of their normal tricks wouldn't really be very effective against them.

I mean, I feel like Orks would be able to innately sense when other Orks have been indoctrinated due to not being "orky" enough (that and any indoctrinated agent would probably die at some point anyway due to Ork lifespans being incredibly violent and oftentimes short).
If Reapers decided to turn Orks into husks, yeah that'd probably be a pretty strong husk, but at that point you've probably taken away what really makes Orks dangerous besides their brute strength, their "orky-ness." By turning one into a husk they lose their ingenuity, creativity, imagination, and waaagh! abilities (which would limit the husk to actually having to obey the laws of physics at this point, so no more running around with their chopped-off head in one hand and beating a humie to death with the other). At that point they might as well just be a Brute.

Plus, there's a very likely chance that after the Reapers "supposedly" wiped out all intelligent life when they come back for the next cycle the Orks will be back at it again due to their invasive reproductive system.

Oi ya reapa git!

Everytin' in dis part a space, belongs to da orkz!

I iz Kommanda Shepurt, and diz iz my favorit' ship on da citadel!

heres a story idea

Commander Sheppard meets his/her ork self.

fanfiction.net/s/5672901/1/The-God-of-Death
Long discontinued, but it was enjoyable.

orks beat reapers, even without their big ass starships and spacey hulks

There is literally no way the reapers could remove orks from a planet

>crossover general

wheres the JOJO hammer?

Back when Veeky Forums allowed quests, there was a 40K/JoJo quest and the archives are still in sup/tg/.

It went to shit when they put LCB in the plot. (And this is coming from a LCBfag)

>pic really not related.

complete newfag question

what is a quest?

When a person decides to write a story, but every few parraphs asks the readers what should the character(s) do, and sometimes uses die and statistics to calculate sucess or failure, that interactive story is called a quest.

They can get pretty engaging, and some of the greatest things to come out of tg had been quests, once upon a time.

Why was this banned again?

I think one factor in it was that a lot of shitty ones that were either obviously magical realms or the OPs just stopped responding were made. That and the board was just flooded with them. Like I think at one point half the board was quest threads.

Because they were taking over the entire front page to where they pushed off discussion almost instantly. At worst times they took up 7-8 slots all at once.

It would've been less of a problem if filtered threads would pull threads from page 2 but moot didn't want to do that.

Because a cabal of whiny faggots organized their destruction on discord and abused hiroshimoot's misunderstanding of the site to get them exiled

Yvraine is tsundere incarnate.

Holy shit. I just had this insane idea.
We might not be able to finish it. But we can sure as hell make our own version.

Imagine this; Normandy is chilling in space. Shepard, Gallardi, Maeteris and the others just came back from some mission.

EDI suddenly announces that she is detecting enefgy anomolies. The same exact same reading as when Gallardi and Maeteris arrived, only much more powerful.

They race the Normandy to the location of the anomaly just in time to get a visual of space ripping apart and seeing a shio being deposited from the warp.

The ship is a giant cobbeled together piece of junk, painted in yellow white and black colours. It is vaugly shaped like their own ship.

At this point Gallardi is doing signs to the god emperor and Maeteris has a worries look on her face. Mordin is just fascinated by what he is seeing.

Upon the side of the unknown ship is a logo depicting a three headed squig and a big chunk of bold tekst that reads;

"DBS NORMANDEE DA SECUND WUN"

At this point Gallardi is visibly shaking and ordering Shepard to blow it out of the sky.

Before she can respond, they are hailed on their communications network. The vid screen pops up, and they are greeted by the face of a big green tusked creature.

"Dis is komando Shepurt, state ya names or prepare ta be borded!"

"Whoa! Real life 'umies! I never fogt id see da day! Iz just liek sum'tim outa da boss of da metal circles!"

I-I-It's not like I saved you because I like you or anything, you... you... mon'keigh!

smol hands

Why would Astartes/Primarchs have hands proporcionate to the rest of their body? It would be akward to do something with massive hands, wouldn't it?

>Da boss of da metal circles

you know what they say, the smaller his hands, the smaller his faith

Nobody says that.

>three headed squig

well I said it just now

A singular instance is not enough to use "they"

>the mission stays the same
I'm still trying to befriend the author to find out where he lives so i can beat the shit out of him. You don't just dicontinue a fic like that.

>I'm angry about fanfiction and want to cause someone bodily harm over it!
>Crossover fanfiction!
>Crossover fanfiction between two universes that are practically already crossover fanfiction all by themselves with how unoriginal they are!
The absolute state of Veeky Forums

I'm a 42 year old NEET that lives with his parents and reads fanfics all day. I have nothing else to do with my life.

>A 42 year old shut-in trying to track down someone who's likely in their early twenties at best just so he can attempt to assault them before dying of a heart attack
Nigga, reevaluate your existence

No. I literally have nothing else to do with my time.
The author is an asshole who thinks he can string people along with a great fic only to say "lol fuk u" and cancel it. I will find him and i will hurt him. Even if it kills me or puts me in jail or prison.

Well... Go for it. I guess it'll be funny.

How the hell am I only seeing this for the first time? Excellent so far and I really would like to see an ending.

Ok,what's this?

Nice copypasta

Whats to be angory about this? Its crossover, so deal with it or present something much worse.

The big E and a humanized Princess Celestia.

If the Emperor says something, it's always a They saying it.

prepare the cleansing of this cyc-
>OI, LOOK LADS, IT’S THEM REAPA BOYZ! GET READY FOR SOME SCRAPPIN’
FOR FUCK’S SAKE NOT AGAIN