What are demons like in your setting?

What are demons like in your setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vBKaldOA9_Y
mobile.twitter.com/lilmonix3?lang=en
ddlc.moe
reddit.com/r/HotlineMiami/comments/344dmh/spoiler_hotline_miami_series_body_count/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list
youtube.com/watch?v=pFkOYRl5hTM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

T H I C C

>Just like you
>Made by him
>Despised by they
>Nearly human

What phrases would be written on a demon/devil skin?

/thread

unless you're running blatantly evil people, almost always this

Either that or make Demon the same as Fey.

Well it depends what you mean by phrase.
Like cryptic and mystical stuff or warmonger stuff?

Either one works.

Mystical stuff:
"For but a moment, I was one"
"The light does not purify, but harmonize"
"Don't trust the feyborn, else ye shall never truly see"
"A thousand eyes stare at us all above the mindscape"
Warmonger stuff:
"I'd hate to see you beneath my boot than my blade"
"If you can read this you're fucked"
"My dad wanted me to use a sword and shield, I killed him with my fists"
"He'll eat you after the battle ---->"

"The Fire Rises"

"After I lay my hands onto you, you'll have gold, silver and cobalt running through your veins."

"His color shall fail! His hammer shall FALL! His voiccccceeee...shall quiver."

They can range from ADNIHILUS, DESPOILER OF KINGDOMS to harmless inept imps, depending on how new they are to the game and how much Pure Evil (tm) went into making them.

So either that, or stereotypical demons, mean to the core, jelous, spiteful and hateful?

>D E V I L I S H

Chaos is The Sea Below All, where the demons dwell. Once it was pure enthropy, but someone fell into it and "tainted" it with Law, first of which was "If man can stand against Chaos, then it shall be his to order and make Lawful." So, some more people dove into the Sea, hoping to order themselves empires, kingdoms, heavens, but alas - not much could stand against Chaos, and Chaos ordered them instead. Thus came demons, forever salty about their failure, and fey, who decided to laugh it off, and some monsters who lost their minds completely.

Barely sentient bundles of hunger, anger, and sadism. They seek out the weak willed and possess them, consuming their minds in the process. They absorb the memories and personalities of their hosts, becoming like a dark, evil reflection of that individual. After the death of their host's body, they move on to a new host. As they possess more people and absorb more minds, they become more and more intelligent and begin to develop their own unique personas from the conglomerate of consumed host intelligences.

>That pic

"Oooh honey! Look at this one, it has SPERM DUMPSTER written in pink glitter."

Evil and an annoyance at best, a devastation at worst.

There is only a handful of demons in my setting, because they aren't literal hellspawn, they are mortals who were exposed to the raw chaotic sea beyond the veil of the material realm, and being exposed to that has transformed them into horrifying abominations. Demons possess unfathomably powerful magic, the kind of stuff that maps have to be re-written if it goes off. There are only a small number due to the very rare occurrence of holes in the material realm opening up to suck mortals out into the chaotic sea. Once a mortal is changed into a demon, they are lost forever, nothing can change them back, they become a thoughtless, emotionless, monstrous entity that seeks to tear down the walls of realms and flood the material with chaos.

goodboy

Don't explain the joke, it makes you look 'tarded.

This picture loaded so slow I thought I was on 56k.

Demons are, in essence, reincarnations of exemplars.

They start as normal people, who in life represented to the public some tenet. Deliverance, patience, love, logistics, education, some idea or concept that they embodied, to the point that their names became inseparable from it. When they died, they were allowed to avoid the usual fate of becoming petitioners in the afterlife, and were instead given the chance to incarnate into a physical body again. IF they accepted (and who wouldn't?), they were given a new body that resembled their old one in its prime, with a distinguishing physical change. Elves, for instance, got eyes of a solid color or material, like the color red or gold metal, and went snow-pale.

They would also gain new powers, greater than even those of the demigods what the Gods created, and not so terribly far from the Gods themselves. In exchange for having that power constrained to a single seventy foot-by-seventy foot square on the ground and extending up into the sky, the demons would be given Creator powers. They could read minds and souls, they could materialize items from nothing (damn near impossible even with divine or arcane magic for everybody else), and even perform flawlessly accurate divinatory magic. They could do anything short of raise the dead or create new life, and could travel between the twenty-nine primary heavens, hells, and Prime. Demons were expected to give blessings and answer questions to anybody of the original species who asked, in exchange for a pittance of a tithe.

(1/2)

>look at me im almost a human being

They are also extinct. During the Collapse, Godslayer weapons killed off the whole Pantheon save three demigods, and all but one three demons were killed by the psychic backblast of their creators and patrons being annihilated. One was already technically dead, but was being sustained in a sort of unlife by a machine. Two were trapped incise prison shards made of magic glass, and were thus shielded. The unliving one and one of the two prisoners are dead, and the last one has returned to his old shrine and gives blessings to passers-by.

This is the last one, Kerin, the Demon of Discretion for the Elves. Couldn't meet a nicer guy.

"Gifted man brings gifts galore!"

Bitch, you just wanted to post that pic, didn't you?

youtube.com/watch?v=vBKaldOA9_Y

A parasitic group of creatures. They only reproduce by infecting beings with souls or draining elements (fire, prana, earth etc) of the environment, using larval teeth and whatnot.

Fond of flesh crafting as well. Some would fit in the Hellraiser universe. Baba Yaga are the three witches controled by a demon, the Chicken Leg Houses.

Enslaved by devils, not being able to organise caused their downfall. Now, they are slaves and the world is at peace.

When a mortal dies, negativity is stripped from their soul and they are reincarnated as a pure being. That negativity goes to the dark world and is born as a demon. If someone was an evil enough person, their entire soul is dragged to the dark world where they suffer forever.

Incapable of doing good or being helpful, no matter how hard some of them try.

>Baron of Hell
>Tits.
Oh my...

Adorable

>Dat choice.

Just give in fully to the degeneracy

Don't lewd the Demon Loli.

They're chill enough for humans to start families with

This

First off, there are five planes of existence in my setting. Outsiders come from the Murk, the plane of dreams and the afterlife. Angels, demons, devils, gods, and all sorts of other things dwell in this realm, with their own slices of infinity shaped in their image.

Demons form in one of three ways, but the most powerful are created by option A:
A) A mortal dies, and is so utterly consumed by dark desires(bloodthirst, violent lust, greed, etc.) that even in death they cannot let it go, and it is particularly an unfocused sort; they don't desire this for specific things, but for its own sake. If it is more worldly, such as hatred for a single person, place, or thing, then they rise as evil undead. It also doesn't matter how powerful they were in life, so a cannibal warlord might become a dretch for his lack of will, while a rapin', murderin' hobo who lives only for the feel of fucking a knife wound will reach borderline apotheosis as Stab-Fucker, Demon King of the Violated Gash.
B) When a mortal sleeps, their souls pass through the Murk to replenish in the Sea of Souls beyond it. When someone has a dream, there is a chance of an little outsider being formed out of the residue. Particularly terrifying nightmares or evil fancies create demons, wholly of the subject matter.
C) Outright created intentionally, either by gods, fellow demons, or enterprising spellcasters. This requires time, soulstuff(massively perilous if taking from the source rather than harvesting mortals), and a powerful will to even form the fiend that you want, much less to have it not try to eat your face and soul.

Other than that, pretty typical of classic D&D demons; said King Stab-Fucker will attract demons created out of similar psychopaths and their dreams, marshaling them for the purpose of finding more things to brutalize. Usually the souls of mortals who died not worshiping a particular god, wandering the Murk for purpose, but any breach into the material world is a welcome change.

True/Newborn demons are vessels created and given animation by the Evil powers. Some of these demons are given sentience to either command or undertake missions. Sentience breeds sapience. Sapient demons either vie for hierarchical position under their sires (Lesser Power), try to gain power for themselves (Greater Powers) or go off and do things by themselves (most 'good' demons belong to this group, but the group isn't exclusively this).

Angels are the same thing, basically, in reverse.
Unimaginative, I know.

Kinda unrelated, but where is this pic from? I tried google image searching and found nothing

Damn!

A frighteningly large percentage of them are small and cute

Surprisingly nice and amiable, but completely lack any morals.

Need to be with humans to survive, and have evolved to love humans. They will do anything to be with the human they love... ANYTHING.

>look to screen
>smile
>hug computer
I need to change some things in my life.

Sorry user. I truely am.
mobile.twitter.com/lilmonix3?lang=en
ddlc.moe

>why

Horrid insect monsters born from a centipede with butterfly wings.

Basically 2 things.
1)
Take the advisory seriously, the game is pretty disturbing.
2)
monika, the Twitter girl, has like 3 hours of dialogue is the game if you do it right.

Have fun.

>Monika
>Even once

Put that bitch through a data scrubber

>Preferring depressed friend, self-cutter, or the crooked man over pure waifu.

>Pure
>not a wackjob who made the others the wackjobs they are

Aint nothing pure in her. Even she realizes it when you delete her.

If you consider killing 3 game characters a wackjob I don’t know what you would think of me.

Considering I’ve beaten hotline miami 1 and 2.

There are essentially three types of entities that qualify as "demon"

1) Creatures of the Corpse - creatures born as a side effect of creation, polar opposites of it. They cant be said to think, and only crave to end all being. Simply their touch is destructive to most things.

2)Lightbringers - entities that are both, positive and negative creation combined. Most of them were made by the false gods for various uses, among them producing light, at which they are good due to their unique ability to emulate primordial magic (which is normally blocked by the presence of one's antithesis in the same universe) They have reason, but are artifical, and so often just follow routines with little deviation.

There may or may not be a lightbringer named Vissra, a demon older than time itself, who transformed himself from a primordial corpse creature to a lightbringer in order to gain influence over the planets outside of the corpse world.

3)The Eternals - Eldritch monstrosities that are formed when life is completely extinguished on a planet. In such situations, the last living creature becomes a vessel for the innate magic that forms the planet itself (and which arcane magic harnesses) this is rarely achieved on purpose. Eternals are as disparate as life itself, although most, if intelligent, are insane in some way or another.

Someone did the maths and the total kill count for both of those is

Which is a bit depressing really.

For the most part, the ranks of demons are a menagerie of unrelated monsters whose commonality is a penchant for cruelty. Any spirit considered evil by mortals may pick up the label "demon;" the guardian or god of one tribe may be seen as a devil by another tribe, for example, but there's no shortage of vicious spirits who fully earn the title.

That sounds unlikely.

Unless you count the nuclear weapons, then it sounds unlikely to be so low.

I like the stuff in B). Not necessarily the nightmare becoming real part, but the idea that souls of sleeping people go to the realm of death to recover their energy.

reddit.com/r/HotlineMiami/comments/344dmh/spoiler_hotline_miami_series_body_count/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list

Jacket alone kills 388 people.

Nice.
youtube.com/watch?v=pFkOYRl5hTM

>race of exiled angels that became their own race due to seclusion
>first generation irredeemably evil and did some fucked up shit, mellowed out with each successive generation
>generally kind of dickish and mischievous, but not absolutely evil
>still have a bad reputation due to bullshit previous generations did, so generally distrusted
>deeply offended by anything remotely racist

Literally just Drow 1.1

One could also argue that upping depression meters until someone kills themselves is horrible.

But considering in portal 2 I condemned a living being to an eternity of slowly dieing in space. I don’t think it’s that bad all things considered.

You stupid nigger.

Well, they aren't really matriarchal. More anarchistic, really, and as far as I know, drow aren't descended from angels.

Congealed sin. Acts of evil produce seeds. Most of which are too small to survive more than a moment, but have enough to hold onto the material realm. They grow and fester in the darkness where they can eat other sins and miseries. Every lie, wound, and tear is a morsel of food. The demon will grow, from little more than a zygote, to larval stage where it can eat physical prey. This is the most dangerous stage, as it is little more threatening than a rabid housecat. Even the light of a full moon could be enough to shrivel it.

From this larval stage it will grow and metamorphize into a full demon, finally with a sentience of its own. Memories of seed from which it was born giving it form and shape, along with desires and hunger. Those that grow large enough will start to nourish and grow similar or complementary sins so that it can spread its influence.

I'd consider him just being helpfun. I mean, there are Americans browsing the board.

Wheatley was an advanced AI specifically designed to make the worst decisions possible. He would have found a way to kill himself in space even without your help.

He did all right for 9999999 years

Plus you can nuke a city in fallout 3 and give a person to cannibals in fallout nv.

In fact the fallout games alone make this point pretty moot.

No, you don't. 3dpd are awful and will make you miserable.

They're the things you find in places you shouldn't be. Deep into dark caves, far from the road in the woods, under the city in the old old sewer system. They're not always hostile, or malevolent but enough of them are that you should avoid them if at all possible. A demon is just as likely to take away all your senses, or break all the bones in your legs, as it is to make you think your daughter is trapped close by so it can eat you while you're scared for your life and hers.

I understood that reference.
Probably the first time in recent memory that someone's actually managed to make the devil scary.

You sure about that?

Not if they are raised properly.
And as the saying goes - if you want something done properly, you gotta do it yourself.

I know exactly where that's from user, you can't pull the wool over my eyes.

Yeah but to make a well bred 3dpd, you have to first deal with a poorly trained one. And marrying your daughter is illegal for some retarded reason.

>you have to first deal with a poorly trained one
There's ways around that. Some are even legal!

Can you really adopt as a single male though and can you marry if you were/are her legal guardian?

Just raise them in a cave away from civilization.

left>right

everyone who disagrees is a homosexual and of feeble mind and spirit

That ogre is FAT and BABY CRAZY.

>Can you really adopt as a single male
If you're sufficiently well-off, you totally can. Though it won't be as easy as walking into nearest orphanage going "one child, please".
>can you marry if you were/are her legal guardian
Are - probably not.
Were - nobody needs to know, change name and jump some borders. It's not like you're blood related.

>Can you really adopt as a single male
That's your biggest problem. Being single and likely not having time and money to give everything it would need.

>can you marry if you were/are her legal guardian?
This is likely not a problem, although there may be some rules depending on where you live.
There are also "guardians" for adults in some countries, usually as part of some rehabilitation program (that case might not be a good one though).

>>Can you really adopt as a single male
>That's your biggest problem.
If we're talking First World get somebody to play act of your buttbuddy before the courts and social services will bend over backwards to give you a kid just to show how progressive they are. If you're anywhere else some hefty tips to involved officials can make anything possible.

Fertile

>Were - nobody needs to know, change name and jump some borders. It's not like you're blood related.
Hmm, good idea. I hear Mexico has aoc at 12. But then again, I'd have to live in Mexico...

Dwarf Fortress demons. So far, nobody has pierced a spire, but when they do...

Clowns?

You’d have to read a bunch of books on parenting and being good at propaganda.

Remember to not be rapey, that leaves scars.

Demons are creatures of the warp attuned to one of the "gods" and born from them, particularly those that come from chaos gods, the ones born from law gods being called angels but no different at all in composition or capabilities

Demons difer greatly one from another in apparence and power, most of them disgusing themselves as humans, but they all share a common weakness: they can't tell lies

>Remember to not be rapey, that leaves scars.
Of course, I would never hurt my beautiful daughter/wife.

Gah, I hate that analogy. Humanoid skinks and bees made of steam and stuff like that come out. But the rest of the world is more along the lines of Dwarf Fortress without a player fortress, so there are no legendary soldiers to fight back the demons. Endless numbers of demons will pour from the breach and eradicate all life and civilization.

Lovely dress

>I would never hurt my beautiful daughter/wife.
Good user.

Good to hear.