Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Angels next edition.

Previous >Warhammer Community news(new codexes)
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/03/news-codexes-heroes-blood-glorygw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=4PgYGOtzcZI&index=1&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDf
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

First for mawlocs are a mess.

How?

Does a kind user have a pdf of the new White Dwarf?

Well, my three rat-ogres I was going to make kataphrons out of have arrived and I've popped them off their old bases. One's metal and will need some chopping and changing, but the rest should be OK once I've done a headswap and a little filing to turn the "fur" into tattered cloth or remove it entirely.

They're the same height if not quite as long as KatDs. One might have a nest of twisted cables leading to a lens of some kind, and for the others I was thinking I'd just use some spare Dominus heads, but they don't seem to fit servitors.

What things have you converted for your armies, anons? Got to be some of us here who don't just consider swapping the arms on a Space Marine to be the height of kitbashing like my LGS does.

After setting two aside for Lictor conversions, I have 10 Tyranid warrior models.

What should I do with them?

You have two deployment options with them: Normal, or burrowed. Normal sucks. They're a melee only unit that would have to run up the board. Burrowed sucks. They deploy more than one inch from the enemy and can't charge, so if you do deploy them this way they just get shot off the board in the turn they're jacking off doing nothing. If I wanted a distraction carnifex, why not just buy a carnifex for less points?

what are you Melvins working on this weekend?

Quick, flog them on Ebay while people still dont realize they're still bad!

RIP chaos vehicles

Can someone who have Tyranids codex post Ouroboros and Tiamet lore?
I'm curious that they still attacked galaxy before M41.

two months until the chaos daemon codex!

Mashing F5 to see when my order of stuff is going to be shipped so I can try making this dreadnought conversion that /40kg/ helped me decide to do.

Figure out how to make pyrovores or hive guard out of them!

What is this meme? Did they get shot off the board by a Zoanthrope or something?

>Got to be some of us here who don't just consider swapping the arms on a Space Marine to be the height of kitbashing
This shit triggers me
>check my converted Deathwatch
I...I don’t know what you’ve done. Is it the...uh...sword?

It's not a meme, there was a leak about GW killing off the older chaos vehicles (rhinos, preds etc) and they wont be restocking them.

GW is phasing them out for new secondaris models. Wait until january for more information!

I always seem to miss new threads
I've got an autism issue
I'm one of those faggots who paint gloves in their Guardsmen as near fatigue colors. While finally doing my special weapons I realized a few of the hands on them are CLEARLY ungloved. So my question now is wether I eschew safety and have my plasma gunners without hand protection or have them also be faggots with only one gloved hand. Or plan C is go back and repaint every single Guardsmen to have bare hands....
Suck it up?

zoans are hot garbage.

But there is a meme/rumor that old chaos vehicles are getting squated

This will certainly be in Daemons Codex

>Even the horrifyingly alien Tyranids recognize the threat from the Warp – several Hive Fleets have altered their invasion courses in order to avoid Warp storms gaping before them.

This is your kind warning that if you dare to post about anything that is on the following list, you will get shitposted into oblivion, as is the custom of /40kg/:

>all BL lore that is not about "heroic guardmen"
>all BL authors and their writing that doesn't align with their headcanon and/or political views (in or out of universe)
>"new models" that were released or redesigned
>not having new models that are released or redesigned
>having models in anything but plastic
>new GW lore after 2rd edition
>any alteration to the "established" lore (even if said lore stems from WH:FB which is a defunct setting)
>reading and keeping up with GW-approved lore in Codex/BL books
>making informed opinions and being able to see through faction-specific propaganda because of the above
>mentions or models of women and people with different skin tones (even if it makes sense in the setting)
>named characters
>not following the trendy memes based on personal preference/headcanon
>third-party model conversions
>arguing semantics such as "who is the biggest threat" or "which faction has the most autistic fanbase"
>constantly mentioning and spoonfeeding trip/namefags to the point of determining their post structure and style
>mythical WAACfags that are out to violate their army and/or mother
>trying to figure out what to do with their own hobby and needing to be told exactly what to do and/or buy
>supporting the company whose game they play but wanting to play and have a place to do so
>off-meta lists

SANGUINES HAD THE BLACK RAGE

Huh. Well as long as they are still in the index (I guarantee GW will give each new edition indexes now, because it makes players buy two books instead of one each edition, under the pretext of balance) we'll be fine.

I think it'd be more flavorful if the tyranids specifically steered into the slaaneshi warp storms.

I've actually converted Centurions into alien-style Powerlifter suits for my GSC. Still waiting on some legs so I can add a half inch to their height though.

Cute, cute.

But what should I load them out with?

Hold on, they got rid of Terror from the Deep? What's the bloody point then?

>Old Duncan
>Why are we still here? Just to apply two thin coats?

The problem is nothing has been said about new vehicles, they are just getting rid of old ones, so chaos is getting nerfed hard.

No, they still have terror from the deep, but that's the problem. Terror from the deep sucks. They just do nothing after doing it.

GW seems to want their purpose to be to deal a few mortal wounds every other turn.

>so chaos is getting jew'd hard.

FTFY

I kit-bashed a Fulgurite Electro-Priest into a Rogue Psyker for my Chaos Army. It wasn't too extensive, I just converted his stave and generator to look like this home-made psychic tuning fork.

Sanguinius was hinted at having the black rage when he was in a comma in Fear to Tread.

Why are 3 Venomthropes 93 points on Battlescribe? Shouldn't it be 75? 25 x 3 and weapons cost 0.

Was there an errata?

He has the red thirst...

reposting for the people just waking up

Yeah, there's a BA player here who shows everyone his "converted Dante and Sanguinor" and as far as I can tell they're almost identical Sanguinary Guard with Stormcast heads and different weapons. He also said I couldn't use my Kairic Electros or Spider Magos because they're not official models, but I told him where he could stick that idea. No idea why they're so autistic about custom armies there, it's all GW parts and it's hardly like being able to target the 1/2 centimeter of Fulgurite staff that's not on there is going to lose anyone any games. At some point I'm going to finish this Genetor theme off and take an almost entirely converted army to that store as some user suggested, with only Skitarii models as standard.

Got any pics? That does sound cool.

No new vehicles? Don't be silly user, they just released a brand new vehicle, the Nurgle Plagueburster only $55 at your LGS! And don't worry, there's more where that came from! Get ready for the Khorne Bloodsploder and the Slaanesh Earraper, coming soon to a store near you!

Why would you want those boring generic vehicles when you could have vehicles devoted entirely to a certain god, just like your chaos marines?

Both, actually. Read Ruinstorm.

RIP TSons who get nothing and are stuck with much less models than the other legions will end up with. Are TSons getting squatted this soon after an update to their army?

It only costs three points to upgrade them from Devourer and Deathspitter. It's kinda so much a no-brainer it hurts.

Make three squads of 3 and have them hang just barely in range of a Tyranid Prime for a broad synapse web if you absolutely must field all 10 models.

now he also have Black Rage and Sanguinor prevented him from killing Kano and Azkalleon.

buying paints so I can finally start my first models, doing a winter camo so I hope it turns out ok.

>It only costs three points to upgrade them from Devourer and Deathspitter.

1 point now.

>Upgrade them from

Ugh, I mean upgrade them from Devourer and Scytals to Deathspitter and Boneswords.

Do we have any word if Lash Whips have a less completely useless ability now or not?

It is exactly the same.

its still garbage

GW should have added an "always strike last" sub phase

Just play with your Magnus, Changeling and Brimstones and be quiet you spoiled babby.

First off, they also have a 6 point ranged weapon so 31 points in index.

Second off, they got a point decrease in index so a non squad costs as much as a mal, and has the same ability to cover monsters over double the area

good luck user with your first painting session user, I hope it goes well

I don't use named characters, so I'm fucked.

play him as !Magnus

There's one other option: 60 points for a 3 man squad with dual talons, giving you effectively a 9 wound synapse bubble to run behind your hormagaunts.

And if they were faster or you didn't have character synapse models, why, that might even be good.

Oh right, GW just notified me that they restocked some Magnus in their online shop.

I just want my army to be filled with my dudes, Magnus, Ahriman and the lads mess that up.

Seem to remember the old way it worked encouraged you to go after isolated units & it felt really fluffy aside from the turn delay between attacks.

>TftD on lone unit
>get shot a bit but not significantly
>charge next turn & probably finish them off
>Burrow next turn
>repeat anywhere else on board next turn & maybe 50/50 that its dies

The only issue imo is that all of that takes four turns & given you have to roll for reserves it's likely that you'll only pull off one TfD in the game. But I'm not too sure what changes you could make as having TftD put you immediately into combat afterwards seems like it would be incredibly broken. Maybe allow Burrow to be used at the end of the assault phase (but still not in the same turn as TftD)?

Are you the Karic conversion user?

Nothing because
>Accidently bought red primer since it was placed in the black primer spot on the shelf
>Was too tired from work and only noticed my mistake after i got home
>Mfw store closed today because of some holiday
Worst part is i have only myself to blame

Sorry, user. Maybe next edition. We Age of Primarchs now.

all I could find was this older in-progress photo before I finished sanding down all the imperial markings. (Seriously, there are WAY too many aquilas and laurels on these fucking things.

>Magnus and Morty will probably be massively buffed in Daemon codex

Thanks GW!

using it on a single model seems like a waste. You deal mortal wounds for every unit in the aoe.

All TSon units are getting nerfs, Morty will be buffed though.

Right now I just want some chaos preds with the FW Thousand Son front panels on them, but I can't even have that.

I doubt it. GW will need to make some drastic changes to discourage soup armies so they will stay the same and may even increase in points.

40k back then:
>tactical game about fantasy armies in space

40k now:
>fucking warcraft capeshit with named heroes vs named heroes leading their cocksucker armies

What went wrong?

Huh. I've never actually built soace marine stuff before, where did the leg braces come from? Is that just a space marine leg that you cut up and glued together with some mechanical bits?

tyranids are the army 40k needs, but doesn't deserve.

Sorry ignore I meant MOBAs

When I said 'isolated' & 'lone' units I meant ones which other enemy units don't have LoS to or are otherwise unsupported. So say a unit running down a flank or hanging at the back of their deployment zone. May not always happen but it's something to take advantage of if it does

If you run him as !Magnus, you can make him your own dude.

40k is now a MOBA

> FW Thousand Son front panels

Fuck you holocaust denier

U wot? Early editions could have shenanigans like kharn charging all the way across the table turn 1, slaughtering a unit, consolidating into another, slaughtering that, and so on until he'd single handedly wiped the entire enemy army in a single turn. Fucking strategy cards, man.

>Play GSC supplemented by IG
>No GSC named characters
>Not allowed to use Guard named Characters

Checkmate, faggots. Couldn't even if I wanted to.

Dubs need to sell those fuck horrible failcast character model.

You can take tyranid named characters

Yep. Eventually I'll have the whole Cult Mech detachment as converted fleshy monsters with cybernetic parts, but since I'm already using Rat-Ogres as Kataphrons I don't want to go with my first idea of using Stormfiends as Kastelans or it'll just look like an entire army of Space Skaven. Bitched about my OTT store before.

Looking good, user. De-eagling things is always a pain in the ass, more so with newer models that like to plaster CAD details everywhere. I still need to strip an overdone Chaos Black spray off a bunch of models and to remember that I need to remove the aquilas and stuff while they're bare again.

I'll know the truth though, I just prefer having an army of near faceless guys with the closest thing to a character/s being exalted sorcerers. I understand I'm putting myself at a massive disadvantage doing this but I still hope I can buy some new units or have some slight buffs so people wont avoid playing with me because I'll just get tabled on turn 1 24/7.

>swarmlord

>Sorceror Yourdude is a massive fuckoff Daemon who can fly

People are kinda shoehorned with Magnus. You can't exactly kitbash the big fucker.

>You can't exactly kitbash the big fucker.
I beg to differ.

first draft /wip/ he's downstairs somewhere now.

Nope, my LGS has a gentlemans agreement of a 2 detachment limit for armies below 2k. If I want to use GSC with Brood Brothers, no Nids for me.

Hot damn user, I stand corrected.

comfy silver tower minis

play 2000 points like a normal person.

Fuck man I just want to play My Dudes as Undivided Warband. Being forced into 1 god is so lame.

No, that's just what centurions have under their leg plates

JSJ with Windriders while Riptides clear the board is tactics?

Ahh, I remember that.
Thanks anons

I do that sometimes, but 1.5 is the standard. Lot of people with like 4 or 5 different armies, instead of one big one.

TSons just got termies and tzaangors. They now have three times as many unique non-character units as any time in the past.

This is why I joined the Guard. I was pleased to learn that the IG run just as well with Characters as without (My God, Internal Balancing!) given their cost investment back in 7th.

That sucks

A little bit. It was worth it though, I got to watch the three Taudar fags get pissed about the new ally system.

I understand that, and I don't take it for granted but right now I can't use any vehicles (preds etc) and they are being gotten rid of with no sign of replacement if the leak is to be believed, and I just have a small pool of units to choose from that I can have as Thousand Sons, so if I'm not taking Magnus at the very least, I'm fucked.

DKoK is something I'll be doing eventually, but I don't think I can invest any time soon.

>undivided warband
Oh silly user, why would you want that?