youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

>Latest Errata: June 2017
files.privateerpress.com/op/2017/6.23.2017/Core-Rules-Errata-June2017.pdf

>Theme Forces:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces Sept2017v2.pdf

>Steamroller Rules
files.privateerpress.com/op/2017/LnL/Steamroller Rules 2017.pdf

>Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

>Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime-Digest-Rules-2016-v2.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal-Digest-Rules-2016-v2.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Other urls found in this thread:

conflictchamber.com/#c4201b_-0Y0I1s1f1f1vkpkr2x2xks1R1Tgege1Nke
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Satyxis are finally their own faction
What did he mean by this

Oh hey a thread for a game no one plays.

Why not make a new Age of Sigmar General thread?

Warmachine is a serious tournament game, it's no surprise someone in the Smegmar community wouldn't know about its playerbase.

People like you obviously dont play, so you should just fuck off. There are 15+ regulars at my LGS. Tournaments every weekend within an hour drive.

You shitposters are just angry the game isn't dead, because it means your "predictions" a year ago are wrong. The game is the best it's ever been.

>serious tournament game
>5 replies
>not dead

>People like you obviously dont play, so you should just fuck off.
So everyone who doesn't play should just fuck off.
gee bud thats a swell way to bring new players into your game.

Let's get some conversation going
>your faction/caster
>Most recent game
>Enemy faction/caster
>How'd it go?

>bring Skorne to a tournament
>immediately realize 6 other girls are wearing the same faction as me (that bitch!!)
Interestingly enough, a lot of them just picked up the faction and I think only one wasn't fully painted.

So I guess my last game is the last round of that tournament. I'm surprised that it took until round 6 for me to run into a mirror match. I brought all the cats and WoD (Morghoul). He had Rasheth WoD and the birds. I must then admit that I am somewhat behind the meta and my tryhard lists were about 2-3 months out of date. My excuse is being a very slow painter. I played cats all weekend and while I generally like it I got rather sick of it after 5 rounds. So I dropped WoD and we turtled it out.

I win the roll to go first and move up. He moves up and I realize my mistake. He brought a Krea and I did not. Fuck. So there goes the attrition, or at least I thought so at the time. But Rasheth is sitting right there on a hill in the Krea's aura and with 4 transfers. So Morghoul charges all the way into his army (way across the center line), blinds half the place (sadly it doesn't really work on the turtles) and casts Mortality on Rasheth. My eentire army moves up and puts shots into the guy, leaving him on 0 transfers and 3 boxes. Morghoul then gets pounded into the dirt and I get to watch the finals. Made for a nice change after 5 grindy games.

>So everyone who doesn't play should just fuck off.
If you have no interest in the game, go to a thread about a game you are interested in and talk about that instead. Seems like a pretty reasonable solution, don't you think?

>Khador/Old Witch 2
>the tuesday before the last tuesday
>Trollbloods/Borka 1
>Khador victory. Pretty dank game.

Not yet ready to enjoy your RFP and Hyper Aggressive?

I hope they kept their own paint scheme.
I'd hate to have to strip them all and repaint them to match a new color regulation.

I was in theme with the cats and brought Cetrati alongside them. They're brilliant in some matchups and terrible in others. But I don't think they fit the high-speed approach of the cats list that well. They'll get replaced by Swordsmen once I can be asses to paint them.

IWH is next on my list and I'm in fact painting X2 right now. There are a few strong variants in circulation (all the Birds, all the Drakes), but I want to put some Titans on the table again. Haven't played those in forever.

Who is the best waifu.

waifu4laifu.
Note the near perfect regulation-approved paint and basing scheme.

Nothing but the best for the waifu and the Pressgangers.

>trolls/madrak 1
>a year ago
>Saeryn
>I won. Fuck this game.

seconded

Casual terrorist elf wife

Assault-chan.

She's a tragic figure, applying armor piercing and eyeliner on the battlefield, while fighting with Kommando-kun for Strakhov-senpai's attention.

>Funny story about how I never ended up getting in WMH and going for Infinity instead.

>Walk into Game Castle in Londonderry NH about 5 years ago, looking for a new hobby and see a gorgeous WMH display.
>Start browsing while listening to this cancerous, 30-something goth/band faggot in all black starts a game of WMH with some random young teen.
>Cancerfag proceeds to demolish the kid while shit talking at every move and play.
>Kid ends up rolling something out his ass and nearly kills Cancerfag's lt. or whatever the head shitter in this game is called.
>This grown-ass man start sperging out like an autisitic child who's been denied his tendies.
Tells the kid some absurd shit about letting him move too far or something and trying to turn back the round.
>Kid just concedes and leaves. (was playing with store minis anyway)
>Cancerfag sees me checking out Constance Blaize and sighs, "Just what this shop needs, more fucking useless players."

Nobody on Veeky Forums bothers posting in this thread anymore, because the general became so incredibly shitty that most of us who do still play have long turned to discord.

Warmachine is kinda like Age of Sigmar now. You have the Grand Alliances like Cryx or Cygnar, which are divided into several alliances like Dark Host or Scourge of the Broken Coast. You can just play a Grand Alliance and mix units from different minor alliances, but to get the most out of your models you should play them in an alliance to get all their alliance abilities, like pathfinder for all Satyxis models.

So, Its been a while since I played. Mostly due to other people in my neighborhood dropping like flies since mk3.

But I do visit PP´s site every once in a while, and today I stumbled over this. Now, is it just me or does this seem like a "lets follow in GW´s footsteps" move? I am of course referring to Shadespire, who recently released from GW as a squad based game with lots of similarities to this one.

I just find the timing of this release really bad, or is it just me thinking out loud?

I don't know, people seem to like it. Don't know about Shardspire, but I wouldn't consider it a ripoff of it, since "small scale skirmish game" is pretty much an established genre by now.

"Things that never happened" for 100, Alex.

I'm playing some games tomorrow, it's going to be so fun Veeky Forums!

>Warmachine is kinda like Age of Sigmar now.

PP is like GW from about 10 years ago.

Hopping around on one foot to another, not sure wtf to do with their game.

CID is a convoluted mess, model quality is down, WMW attendance is down for the last 2 years, wtf is going to happen?

>THE PROBLEMS WITH WARMAHORDES

1) List chicken
2) Model prices
3) Too many model rules that do similar things but have completely different names
4) Zero faction identity anymore
5) Viability of spam
6) Themes
7) Cash grabbing (see: battle engines being buffed to fuck and giving you free points in most themes)
8) PR

>THE OLD PROBLEMS OF WARMACHINE

1) List chicken
2) Model prices
3) Too many model rules that do similar things but have completely different names
4) Only 3 out of 10 factions are good
5) non-viability of non-infantry models
6) the same 4 mercs in every single list
7) Pointless releases (see: battle engines costing 100 bucks and being fucking worthless on the table)
8) Page5

What's your point? That Mk3 doesn't have problems because Mk2 had problems?

No, I'm saying the nostalgiafags need to kill themselves for thinking that their game was better than it is now.

Zerkova, obviously.

Pretty good list. I think part of the problem is they can't organically grow their game anymore and just have rules bloat everywhere. Everyone can do pretty much anything and it's all samey. Just some point values are fucked up and theme lists are fucking CANCER so spam away my friend.

And now they're moving big bases to direct only to save those poor retailers the tough decision on if they want to stock their product.

Cash grab, pure and simple.

>There was only 66 payers in the LCQ at WMW this year
>The game really is dying :(

Cryx
lich2
July 2016
Don't remember
I hate this game

Oh, now I remember why nobody went.
WMW got demoted to B-list anyways after everyone else, especially PP/LnL, caught up with how to run a tournament.

What wrong with St. Louis?

It's just a boring whitewashed generic bigcity these days. There's nothing all that interesting about it.

Would you rather inner city Detroit?

Helynna BBox
September
Convergence BBox
Helynna’s battlebox loadout is murderous, arcing HoD onto targets for the Manticore while the Griffin waited to jump on anything that approached worked out almost too well.
Now I really want to try Helynna in an actual list.

66 players in the LCQ? That's a tremendous drop in attendance if true. Any pics from the venue to verify it's really that small now?

Can someone explain to me why everyone has suddenly gone crazy over Ferox? I mean, they're a perfectly good unit but I don't see the connection between that and some sort of cat-based victory condition.

Company of Iron was already a thing back in mk2

What's the quality of the boardgame miniatures like? I've got a coupon, so I'm interested in maybe getting it for the miniatures.

>What's the quality of the boardgame miniatures like?

They're pretty bad, soft details, difficult to work with. Pass.

They crack armor fine enough, have a great statline and with certain casters can never die. Also they threat a million inches.

This was announced before Shadespire, and unlike Shade you can build your force.

It's just PP trying to get a small skirmish thing out on the side.

They vary wildly
The newer metal and resin models tend to be really good, as do the newer metal models
The older soft plastic models are pretty shit. Moldlines in the worst possible places and god forbid you have anything with a spear. That shit WILL bend out of place.

A lot of their older stuff is showing its age, but I’ve been really impressed by some of the stuff that’s come out in the past few years. Take a look at their metal and resin stuff in particular and see if there’s something you like.

>not liking page 5

Cuck

Redneck trump-supporting pro-wrestling manchild detected.

HI, AVATAR OF MENOTH HERE WITH A FRIENDLY REMINDER TO IGNORE ANY AND ALL SHITPOSTING.

REMEMBER, A RESPONSE TO A SHITPOST IS ALSO A SHITPOST. JUST REPORT IT AND MOVE ON.

THANKS.

>Me playing Grymkin running Child
>Opponent running Dark Host Cryx with Lich Lord Terminus
>Going well, I got the alpha strike, killed one of his Wraith Engines with a single Skin n Moans, get his other one down to almost half health with Gremlin Swarms
>Kill most of his Bane Knights with another Skin n Moans and a Rattler
>3rd Skin n Moans knocks out all systems except movement on Barathrum
>Terminus pops feat and assaults 3rd Skin n Moans, minimal damage
>My next turn, Skin n Moans still engaged with Termy, Termy at arm 23 cuz feat and camping 5 focus
>Skin n Moans has 3 corpse tokens, plus abuse, plus Kariana Rose's +2 str skill so he's hitting at p+s 23
>Get him down to 5 health before I can't buy anymore attacks with Skin n Moans, nothing else in range

We had to call it there due to time, but if I'd popped the Child's trump and given all my beasts +1 fury rather than sacrifice I would've had that game.

>reporting the truth is shitposting
Wew lad.

Am I using wew correctly? I never really understood that one

So I played two games today after not really playing for a while. They were actually fun and interesting games. I'm so used to games being a one sided curbstomp that was won at the list picking stage that it was really refreshing. Here's my quick writeup of the games for my blog here on Veeky Forums.

>Morghoul1 (Disciples) v Bethayne (The Nephalim one)
Brigands won both flanks for me, except for how one flank had that new Medusa snake bitch on. Holy fuck that model is completely outrageous in terms of power level. My juiced up beasts crashed through the middle of the map while trading up, a solo with decapitate one shot my fucking Gladiator, then my Battle Boar failed to kill Belthebethayne by 2 boxes. My opponent only had his caster and the Medusa bitch left at this point. Naturally she walked over and FUCKING OBLITERATED Morghoul with ease. tldr; I was doing really well until I failed to assassinate and ate a DEF debuff followed by two poison shots.

>Mordikaar (Masters of War) v Elara (Fuck knows what, it had a bunch of jacks)
Turns out Mordikaar still can't crack armour, and Sentinels are still better than Swordsmen. Jack pressure was too high too fast for Revive to make the blindest bit of difference. I was basically being crushed but threw my Archidons on his caster and spiked on one of the Essence Blast damage rolls. God this guy cannot handle armour though. Probably should've run my Swordsmen into his warjacks in hindsight, but even then he could've gunned most down.

A fun day overall though.

Good for you, I appreciate the post. We need to see more from the actual people playing this game in here.

I had a tabletop day as well. I played a round of Armada and played two games of Warmachine.

>Vlad1 (Winter Guard Kommand) vs Helynna (Legion of Dawn)
That was a painful experience. I lost pretty hard and no amount of S&P Rockets is helping you against ARM 25 Sentinels. I navigated my Gun Carriage into a position to pull the game around, but ot was unfortunately spiked to death by 4 lucky WM hits, otherwise it would've rolled over that left flank on the post-feat turn.

>Irusk2 (Winter Guard Kommand) vs Goreshade4 (Shadows of the Retribution)
More of a jank game with weird lists. Elf guy played a unit strike force, Nyss, the pull-colossal and two of the new light with RFP and some revive dudes with Eiryss.
Khador list was a maxed unit WGI, a min unit Kommandos with flamers, Kayazy with Underboss, a Gun Carriage and Mortar.
I bullied the elves around with my AOE's and this time, the Carriage was doing a phenomenal lawnmower impression. When I won somewhere around turn 4, I realized that I forgot to deploy Jozef G all game. Didn't even need' him.

Your games sound like the kind of games that made me not want to play for so long, especially that Vlad1 game.

I don't think anyone will shed a tear for disgusting Rocketmen. They probably got what they deserved.

>pDenny Ghost Fleet just won WMW
>Muh balanced game

No but really, games that one side has basically no chance of winning make me not want to play.

pDenny is literally getting nerf-batted into oblivion in 3 weeks.

>into oblivion
Yeah fuck off. Until she loses either Crippling Grasp or Parasite, she's going nowhere.

>hurr I'll Grasp this one guy over here
>and now this guy 15" away from him gets affected haha lmao debuffs are great

why the fuck is Kaya3 allowed? how are you supposed to enjoy a game against a battlegroup with four or five griffons that are liable to get +5/+5 and free strike immunity at the drop of a hat?

I know Una can more or less accomplish the exact same thing, but at least that's 100% of her schtick as opposed to something she can just do incidentally.

Did someone lie to you about what Kaya3 does?

>why the fuck is Kaya3 allowed? how are you supposed to enjoy a game against a battlegroup with four or five griffons that are liable to get +5/+5 and free strike immunity at the drop of a hat?
All that threat range doesn't count for shit when the griffons need to stay within 12" of a large-based warlock with mediocre defensive stats and no additional survivability. Kaya3 is high risk, high reward. If you play cautiously and/or try to focus on scenario, you'll be fine.

>I know Una can more or less accomplish the exact same thing, but at least that's 100% of her schtick as opposed to something she can just do incidentally.
This is the actual problem. Una2 is redundant trash with precisely one playstyle that another warlock does nearly identically, but better.

I'm probably gonna stop using my Mordikaar list because it's shit. Here's my lists going forwards!

[Theme] Disciples of Agony

>(Morghoul 1) Master Tormentor Morghoul [+30]
- Archidon [10]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
- Battle Boar [7]
- Cyclops Savage [7]
- Cyclops Savage [7]
- Cyclops Savage [7]
- Titan Gladiator [15]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [0(4)]
Paingiver Task Master [0(3)]
Farrow Brigands (max) [15]
- Farrow Brigand Warlord [4]
Farrow Brigands (max) [15]
- Farrow Brigand Warlord [4]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]

[Theme] Masters of War

>(Xerxis 1) Tyrant Xerxis [+28]
- Agonizer [6]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
- Titan Sentry [15]
Feralgeist [2]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Tyrant Rhadeim [9]
Cataphract Cetrati (max) [18]
- Tyrant Vorkesh [0(6)]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Praetorian Ferox (max) [20]
Praetorian Swordsmen (max) [13]
- Praetorian Swordsman Officer & Standard [0(4)]
Tyrant Commander & Standard Bearer [0(6)]

I'm looking at getting the Command deck fro CoI in the mail and want to sleeve it. Anyone that has the cards already have a suggestion for what size of sleeves to get?

Cards are supposedly standard US size, so MtG sleeves should do.

Do you remember the Helynna list? I’m looking to actually play WarmaHordes this week and I want to give her a go in Legion.

Did she shit herself?

Then what will be the spam list.

The core mechanics are broke. Theme lists enhance that bullshit. This is why we hop from one spam shitfest foot to the other, endless cycle of facing internet spam lists..

Soooo, lewds of that pig when?

Cool, thanks.

Oh boy, time to rev up the old anime waifu sleeves

Crealix is a completely unreasonable solo.

Mate if you haven't yet, check out Morghoul 3. Might be a good alternative to your X1 list, Morghoul 3s blind can break peoples hobbies and hes quite good in the more infantry centric meta of SR 2017

Anyone in here? I'm a Lael-fag that could use some help. My background:

>try to get into warmahordes at the end of mk2, buy ashlynn, a nomad, a vanguard, roccinante, 2 mules, 20 hammerdwarfs, 10 steelhead halberds, 3 cav, ATGM and tons of solos on the cheap
> get ~10-15 games before mk3 hits and destroys my list as well as all my will to play in the new high arm, lots of warbeasts/jacks meta

While bored I checked warmachine news and found out there is a lael resistance theme now.

What would be a decent Ashlynn list based on what I have?
Would be willing to invest a bit of € to update so I was thinking of getting gibbs, trenchers +UA and some thorn gun mages.
No idea what jacks to run as rocci is not in the resistance theme force.

Also battle collage meantioned Ash beind CIDed. Where would I find here playtesting rules? Do I really need to sign on on the official PP playtesting site?

Well, they need to be clear both sides obv, so not sure where you're putting the waifus...

>Crealix is a completely unreasonable solo.
Combat solos kinda need to be bonkers to even be considered. Look at how rarely most factions take theirs (even the ones that are very high output). His gun is great, but reliably getting 6 points of work out of it is not going to be as easy as you think.

Sure, he MIGHT kill six infantry models in a turn, or take a spiral off a warbeast, but you're looking for some pretty hot damage roles to actually see that happen (nevermind the opponent giving you the right kind of targets), and he's only likely to survive long while sticking close to his (quite crappy) sac pawn unit. Just like MHA's might cripple a warjack, or Pyrrhus might dive into a unit and chew them to pieces, etc etc. Actual table performance tends to be less than what you picture.

What's worse; Running into 2 out of 4 spam lists or running into the exact same every time?

depends on if you teched into fighting only one type of spam list, I guess. if you run into dudespam 4/4 times and you're running anti-infantry that sounds like a great time, but if you're running anti-infantry and half the time you're playing jackspam it's not gonna be fun.

conflictchamber.com/#c4201b_-0Y0I1s1f1f1vkpkr2x2xks1R1Tgege1Nke

Cryx Army - 74 / 75 points
[Theme] Scourge of the Broken Coast

!!! Your army contains CID entries.

(Skarre 2) Skarre, Queen of the Broken Coast [+26]
- Leviathan [16]
- Nightwretch [7]
- Nightwretch [7]
- Slayer [10]
- Satyxis Blood Priestess [5]
Axiara Wraithblade [0(6)]
Satyxis Raider Captain [0(4)]
Satyxis Raider Captain [4]
Severa Blacktide [0(6)]
Satyxis Blood Witches (max) [13]
- Satyxis Blood Hag [4]
Satyxis Gunslingers [7]
Satyxis Gunslingers [7]
Satyxis Raiders (max) [16]
- Satyxis Raider Sea Witch [4]

What are your thoughts and feelings on mono-Satyxis?

I feel like Satyxis Raiders are one of the best units in the game, possibly the best. Cheap, fast, high DEF, multiple attacks, nigh-impossible to shoot, immune to blast, not particularly expensive, crit knockdown, effective MAT8. Throw any kind of damage buff or ARM debuff into the mix and they're practically unbeatable.

Elara
>TFW you'll never help a lost elara find her way back to Ios

Don't forget crit knockdown on BOTH attacks and how they also counter Shieldwall for no reason.

They legitimately tilted me harder than any ghost fleet or Dark Host ever could. Until they made the battlecarriage. Ever since I got that, I'm not afraid anymore.

Every time I've went to a con, it was boring as fuck.

You face the same 3-4 lists over and over again. Theme lists have made this worse.

This is why WMW had declined in attendance every year. This year they only had 66 in the LCQ. 66.

>You face the same 3-4 lists over and over again. Theme lists have made this worse.
No they didn't. There are two kinds of themes: The ones that were already a spam list before the theme existed (Winter Guard Rocketmen, Amon Warjacks, double Sentinels) and the ones that finally get to see the table, thanks to themes (Trenchers, Pikemen, inbred goatmen).

I prefer this type of game over "my lists start at 48, because Gorman has to be here no matter what faction I play."

You forgot that they have Feedback too. What's that? You have no focus and there's a heavy warjack near my infantry? Guess I win! God who designed that piece of shit unit? I look at my own options in Skorne and just fucking weep. If Nihilators were a Cryx unit they'd be MAT8, DEF14, and have a UA with a minifeat that grants Overtake.

They absolutely have, ever since Mk 2. How many times did I go to a Con and play Machinations, Runes, etc. It's a shit fest and makes traveling to a con pointless and boring unless you qualify for the invitational.

This is why WMW is slowly dying.

I remember a time when Winterguard and Iron Fangs and Kayazi fought alongside each other. Like they were some kind of army or something. How weird is that?

Fuck forced themes.

Upvote this post if you think Company of Iron is overhyped garbage

No I don't, because Iron Fangs were fucking trash. And Winter Guard and Kayazy had to stack a broken stat to do anything worth mentioning.

Don't try to sell me on mk2 Khador. It was fucking atrocious. Play Butcher3 and filler or go home.

But you can still play that army user! What's 15-20 points down between friends?

Ok you fags, how is this?

Also, is this general always so slow?

It's hyped?

Yes, the game is dead

Looks workable to me. Try it out.

That a true statement? I haven't checked with my group in a year or so.

You should take a look. Many metas have dissolved

To be honest, most of the legitimate players who posted here have moved on to the discord.

Yeah the constant trolling and negativity have definitely caused people to move to other places for discussion.