So a player has asked for a character concept that I completely despite

So a player has asked for a character concept that I completely despite
However, as much as I hate it I have absolutely zero reasons, save personal ones, to oppose it. The character is legit, fits in the setting and the player isn't an asshole, but I still don't feel like letting him play such character would be a good idea and think that many things would go wrong despite not having any proof of it

what should I do?

TELL
HIM
THE
TRUTH

Its your game, say no. Dosent matter what it is, give him a chance to convince you and be honest

Annnnnd you're probably not even going to specify what the character concept is are you?

I'm sure this topic will go well and not cause any unnecessary shit-flinging!

But I'm going to look like an asshole
which I'm probably am, but in that case I'll have no choice but to admit to being wrong and then into the game

I'm actually conviced of it being a sound concept and idea, the only reason I have to not accept it is, as I've said, completely personal

this explain the exact situation or fuck off
setting + characters + clashes between the two
do your homework, fag

I'm going to do a Fate;stay night campaign in which the players are servants

I asked the players for "muh original charaters" that they would like to play as and got an assassin van hellsing, a caster Goya and a lancer captain Ahab
Then a guy asks me if he can play Simon Bolivar, as a rider. I fucking personally hate that historical figure and specially how he is spoken by the current venezuelan dictatorship.

If you are Venezuelan, you got legs to stand on.
If you are not, realize the player is not Bolivar, will not be Bolivar, will not do the same things as Bolivar in an outrageous alternate universe setting.
Distill your actual objections to a needlepoint, and ask the player to not go full retard with it. Hell, that warning should be given to the entire table, knowing F/S.

its weird because all my players, the guy who requested it included, are venezuelans who fled their country to here, Spain, because of the dictatorship

But to put it in perspective, it would be something like "hey, I want to play that general that fucked your country five times and propagated hate against your nation". Like for exaple Ho Chi Minn for americans

However my reasons to dislike Bolivar have nothing to do with the thread

What? Are you just never going to be wrong? Just fucking tell him and don't be a dick about it.

Have you not learned anything from this site? Dont make a stint out of anything even remotely political or you run the risk of turning the situation into a huge shitfest. Curb your emotional shortcomings and as the other user said let not only him but the whole group know not to full full retard with their characters. Dont limit players because of something entirely personal and overall irrelevant.

just told him if he could change the character
he said he doesn't want to

thank you so much

>not to full full retard with their characters
what the fuck does that even mean

Perhaps I'm just being an ameritard, but this seems incredibly... bizarre. Is he literally playing Bolivar or just a character based off of him? If it's the later, you need to chill. Even if it's the former, stop making it all about you and realize the divide between reality and tabletop.

As an American born as the son of a Vietnam vet and growing up with a huge group of viet friends.... I would encourage a ho chi minn character, you sound like a little bitch.

go full retard, like i did typing that, also i apologize if i sounded like an ass in that post, its just so infuriating to me when people cant let people do their own thing within reason and force them to toe the line because of something entirely personal

its also that I think the idea is brutally fucking lame

Bolivar as a rider, what the fuck
He had a horse given to him by a peasant. It wasn't a mighty chariot, a divine beast or a fuckhueg ship of legends, but a stupid fucking normal horse
He also didn't have a cool sword or anything similar
Tell me what would his noble phantasm be, I fucking dare you

>Tell me what would his noble phantasm be, I fucking dare you
That sounds like something best left to the player to decide :^)

well do you?

you're being a little bitch

>I'm going to do a Fate;stay night campaign
That's all you had to say.
Just end the game and while you are at it end yourself

this is why I didn't want to tell you shit about the details

Lets suppose there is this RPG that has this furfaggot wolf like race in its setting that is 100% legal and balanced to play but the GM doesn't like it one bit

if such was the situation there would be a lot of saying "yo fuck the player, he is a fucking faggot and you should kick him out of the group" instead of calling me a bitch and being a fucktard for not sharing your opinion

you can't fucking give objective advice for shit
For fucking shame, Veeky Forums

>Fate Stay/night
It won't work. The end.

>objective advice
Ah, i see, you're just retarded.

its the notion of giving advice detached from personal feelings so alien for you?

you are truly mentally deranged

OP is a venunigger

Just told my player that I don't like his character
he refused to make another
game has been cancelled

just like you all wanted

thank you very much

Eh, I'd get over it for the game. A lot of historical figures have left behind mixed legacies. From what I know of Bolivar, he isn't Hitler status of mass genocide though iirc he endorsed dictatorship over democracy by the end of his life and that's a big bummer.

That being said, looking at it from your perspective I would say "hey dude, Bolivar is making me think of those assholes we fled from. Could you not be Bolivar?"

Dude, don't fall for the easy bate. These are people who live such sad lives they need to lash out at other people. They will kill themselves eventually and we won't have to deal with them anymore. Hasten the process by denying the (You) that sustain them.

Tell him no. Your reason is that you won't have fun with it, which is a perfectly valid reason. Don't be passive aggressive, just be honest. Your job as GM is to make sure everyone has fun, including yourself. If he can only have fun when he's making the game less enjoyable for you then this just isn't the game for him

>about to run game with 4 players
>doesn't like one players concept
>starts Veeky Forums advice thread
>doesn't like advice given
>asks player to play something else, player declines because he liked the concept
>cancels entire game instead.

Wow. You really ARE a little bitch. Would it have really been so hard to just let him play it and see where he was going with it? Now no one has a game and you've made an ass of yourself. And we all got to see it happen. Well done, OP.

you are right, my bad for getting so worked up

>hey dude, don't be Bolivar
I said it to him, arguing mostly that I think he is boring and since I'm the one who has to put the stats of the servants I would struggle with him. He just refused to, rightfully, and eventually we all got into an argument that was going nowhere so I stopped talking and now I lost all my interest in doing it

Breaking news, context matters. What a shock.

It's a question asking for opinions, you retard. "Objective" is for situations where there's a factually correct answer.

I was never asking for opinions you fucking idiot, I already described what it means to give objective advice, stop moving the goalpost to sound as if you didn't misunderstood completely like the retard you are

Don't blame us for you and your player being faggots. Literally all you had to do was compromise. It's not our fault he was being a child who wouldn't consider your feelings, and it's not our fault you cancelled the game due to hurt fee-fees. I hope Venezuela burns to the ground.

Also it sounds like you didn't talk to him about how you felt, you just gave him the obvious "I have a problem with this but won't tell you what it is" cop-out answer of "it's boring." Fuck you.

Leave it to an oversensitive white boy to ruin the fun for everybody

no, actually I lost any interest I had in doing it

after being told constantly by you that I had to accept it despite how much I disliked it. I started to work around how to implement it into the game and make an effort of accepting the character that the player suggested but I ended up bored by the idea and without any motivation to work on it because I didn't find it fun anymore. I haven't even told my players

now you'll tell me that it doesn't matter that I won't have fun and that I should do it anyway, right? Who the fuck should care about the GM anyway

t. Dago Dustbin

If that was the case I'd tell you to ask if he's a furfag or not. If not, should be fine (manageable) and if he is tell him it's okay (it's not) but you don't want it in the game.

Anyway, fuck these guys irl calling you a little bitch. I think sums it up.

ITT*, not irl.

Anyway hold your ground politely and focus on the game. Don't let this one guy ruin the game for the other three players, and you.

If he refuses to play something else he's the little bitch.

You are right, I should try speaking about it again with the player at a later time when things cool down a bit

>I cancelled an entire game because I didn't talk to ONE PLAYER like an adult and got my feelings hurt
>b-b-b-but Veeky Forums is the bad guy!
Literally fuck off. You could've just told the player that you were uncomfortable with the concept but you decided to "try" for all of five minutes (no doubt bemoaning how unfair to you it was the whole time) before throwing a tantrum and scrapping the whole shebang. All because you didn't get your way and refused to come up with a solution that didn't come up with you as a perfect winner. The term "manchild" gets a lot of use on this forum but this is one case where it fits perfectly.

And I thought God sat on high.

Read the fucking thread dumbass.

That's the spirit. Don't lose an entire game over one argument.

fuck you
you perfectly read on the thread how I talked to the player and how he refused to cooperate.

why are you still being a fucking retard?