I am pretty sure Wizard hates whites more

Nah, they clearly hate Red the most.

But they clearly love Black

I wonder how they feel on colorless?

>they clearly hate Red the most.
this, but red is also the color hey are worst at making bad

Wizards doesn't hate colors.
They hate mechanics.
The issue of "Wizard haet color" is that said color uses a mechanic the new R&D doesn't like (Such as going dome, drawing cards, card quality, effectiv removal, etc...) that make it seem they hate something.

Blue is always the best color when splashed.

You're thinking of Paizo.

Because they know they can't get away with printing shit like 2 mana for 1 damage sorcery, and anything less results in red doing what red do best, and that's smashing apart WotC's shitty ass game faster than their shitty cuck opponent can enjoy it.

Because Timmies can't stand their 6 mana 4/4 Wurm getting countered

Control makes newer players hate the game. It would actually be great for Magic overall if Blue was powerful with efficient counter magic and cantrips as viable control decks in modern and standard would serve as a beautful pleb filter for the game overall

Red is really limited with design space. Besides burning things and making ways to get more burn in what else can red even bother doing?

I don't know... maybe MTG just run for WAY more time than it should and they got nothing more to add to the game, except admit it is creatively dead?

Extra combat phases, lopsided P/T ratios for cost, berserker beaters, haste?

you are suffering from blue privilege, you've had it so good for so long that now that you've been knocked down to the same level as everyone else you feel that you are being punished.

both white and red have it worse.

red looting(discard first) could be great but wotc refuses to put it on any decently costed cards.

Faithless looting is the only decent red loot they ever made and they seem to think it was a mistake since they have never printed anything nearly as powerful since.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WjHDOq-Mv-Y

Bluefags are too dumb to play decks that really seek to control their opponents like lantern or stax so they pretend their watered down cards are real """control"""

Wizards has decided reds thing is now the shitty "impulse" draw where you exile the top card of your library and can play it until end of turn

Cathartic reunion is pretty great tho

joking or not, but its an unspoken rule in my friend group that if you run a dedicated blue deck you don't get invited to play. Call me a faggot or whatever but no one I know like playing against blue players. Theyre assholes. I wanna play cool tribe or some weird win condition but blue fags just want to win the same way every time, every set, every block, every year.

Kek

Blue is and was the best color in Magic. If you really think that blue is a weak color, ypu dont know much about the game.

Is the best because a early design mistake that was never corrected. Blue is the only color with good access at drawing cards and good library manipulation, and since that are a core part of the game, is totally unfair that no other color have the same (or similar) access.

>shooting game
>make a sniper class

>pvp RPG
>make an assassin

>set deck card game
>make a color about drawing cards

I don't understand why game designers do this. THey make a game about doing a certain thing but then make a class that specializes in doing that thing. How the fuck.

Not only that, blue has acces to more unique mechanics than every other color. Like control enemy creatures, countermagic, artifact manipulation/sinergy, mill, bounce and extra turns. And that without sacrificing anything. Blue has even beaters and direct damage cards, and a little graveyard recursion. And is the color with the best planeswalkers. And with the best cards overall (the non-artifact cards of the power nine are all blue).

Ok, blue dont kill creatures. But, cmon..

Boi.... Chart a Course...

blue has unblockables and sleep, lmao what are creatures

It seems like WoTC is afraid of making red do anything interesting. I think they have been doing a decent job spreading draw out to red and green, but I guess they're afraid of shaking it up too much.

>Here's a question for everybody: How would you give red-white draw?

This, new player and first impression is anyone that plays blue is legit hitler...
Meanwhile everyone at my flgs is spamming uw approach and control, because there is too much fucking control right now. Spot removal, control and 6 board wipe level spells across 3 colors to my knowledge, creature decks are shit unless it has energy.
I couldn't tell you how elated I was today beating grixas control and uw approach with ug merfolk, and I only had to stoop to spell pierce cus I like playing a game, if I wanted to watch someone play lands every turn and pass and spam instant draw spells at the end of turn. So boring and uninteractive, but that's blue for ya

Yeah, you guys sound like butt hurt Timmy fags who get mad when your Craw Wurm that you're casting on turn 7 gets countered

was gonna post exactly this.

Counterplay is expected, thats how a game works, but its demoralizing playing a deck that does NOTHING but counter play. They didn't win, they just made you lose.

Thraben Inspector reprinted in core set forever and ever.

kek I was thinking of that as I typed the question.

Land destruction, but WotC hates fun.

Yep, butt hurt Timmys

black does

you just gotta pay life

my meta was super creature heavy for far too long, no everyone runs board wipe and all the white players are creaming themselves over indestructible

Black is actually the best colour in magic. It's immune to the colour pie. Don't tell anyone.

Being Timmy is a legit way to enjoy the game whether you like it or not.

too bad all timmys are drooling monkies

Maybe in a weaker format but none of the red draw spells have been playable in eternal formats. Either red discarding-then-drawing or red exile-play-until-end-of-turn should be used on a seriously powerful card to at least compete with Night's Whisper as a draw spell in eternal formats.

And print a red version of Misdirection while you're at it.

Faithless Looting?

Be that as it may, they still form a significant part of the playerbase and should be catered to just as much as the other ones.

Because back in the early 2k's blue dominated the meta to the point where almost nothing got played (due to counterspells).

And why isn't literally anyone else being catered to? Fuck off, Timmy

>>Here's a question for everybody: How would you give red-white draw?
As a reward for creatures surviving combat?

At first I thought you were joking. Then I got it. I like it. Do you think loot or sifting would be best?

Why not just drawing a fucking card?

Felt too blue.

That's the problem, just drawing a card shouldn't be the realm of only one color. Let blue keep unconditional draw effects with no drawbacks, but let other colors have access to some form of card draw.

You mean like how white gets card draw when it plays specific kinds of cards or how black gets card draw with paying life or how red gets discard-draw or how green gets card draw based on casting or controlling creatures? What a novel concept.

I mean, I agree with you, it's just that all of the colors already do have access to card draw in some capacity and it's a bit silly to suggest they ought to. They already do.

I feel like straight up draw is maybe too much.

I agree with the color-pieing there, but for white. I feel like it could be shored up.

Looting is pretty different from straight draw though, also I think it would be cool if red got a bunch of sources of card advantage that weren't draw like flashback or something

>because there is too much fucking control right now
Control isn't even that good now, there's a shit ton of sideboard cards that destroy them. There's just a lot of people playing control at your lgs because that's what they like to play.

How about
>Whenever ~ attacks exile X cards from the top of your library. When ~ leaves the battlefield, you may put one of those cards into your hand, and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.

What happens if you attack multiple times? You get multiple piles?

Also this is far more powerful than 'draw a card'

Isn't lock and prison even worse than blue though? You would figure being able to slip things through counter walls, being able to bait or read counters would be much more enjoyable than "your lands don't untap" "you can't play anything period".

I suppose it would need to say "a card exiled by ~" instead of what i wrote for my intended interaction.
Single pile, you get one card when it goes away. Attack once and it can replace itself for value, attack repeatedly and you get card selection. The x was just so it could scale up past 1 per attack sometimes.

I like it, but it doesn't feel all that different from the Impulse draw that red has going on.
Also what said kind of rings true.

>not just 'When you attack with 3 or more creatures, draw a card'

>Putting a lot of cards into your hand at once isn't busted

Prevent all damage this creature would deal to a player. For each damage prevented in this way, your opponent may sacrifice a land or pay 2 life. If they do not, draw 1 card.

So would this trigger for creature that has this ability?

This is interesting. Any particular reason those "rhystic buy-outs" ?

Is just drawing a card for connecting too simic to be shared with boros?

>Is just drawing a card for connecting too simic to be shared with boros?
It's just blue, but it probably should have been a red or white effect. Or both.

That makes sense. Now I'm wondering which cards first had the "draw-touch" abilities.

Flavorwise, I like so much for red-white, but I'm not sure how to implement it other than "Raid-at the end of your turn, if you attacked with this creature draw a card" since it meets the condition of surviving combat.

At the beginning of the next main phase is much more meaningful

>Why do I have to pay 3 mana instead of two (or potentially 0) to counter my opponents' 5+ drops?

>Thinking counterspells are busted
Draw and go hasnt worked in 20 years.

>tfw you make a Jund land destruction deck for free for all kitchen table

Oh wow, I'm so scared of dash hopes, how can I beat such counterspell?

you should be playing Legacy anyway

What people dislike about beong against blue is how it's reactive, while those decls are proactive.
Against a prison deck you are trying to kill them before the lock or stabilish a board position where they can't fully lock you, which is interesting, they are trying to attack people through different angles and the boredom only comes if you try to keep playing after the lock happens for some reason.

Land Destruction is only ever fun for one person.

no worse than stasis or tangle wire or Iona.

Yes, those are also horrible to be on the receiving end of.
People enjoy playing Magic, not sitting around watching their opponent masturbate at the table.

Doesn't Storm run Catharthic Reunion on Modern?

I know semantically Modern is not an Eternal format but you get my point, it's a powerful format in which the card is used.

>play EDH where countermagic has to be used more strategically since you can't counter everything
>some asshole still tries to get a Decree of Silence and Solemnity on the board

Red doesn't get draw. Red gets stuff like Vance's Blasting Cannons which emulate draw.

Cus uw approach isn't top 8 right now in ixalan pro tour.
Any other wrong statements you would like to say?

And more times than not, that is what blue does, and that is why players more often don't like facing blue.

You could do something like "If this creature is dealth damage this turn, draw a card".

Dying in a blaze of glory is also a Boros thing.

Or "If this creature dealt combat damage to another creature this turn, draw a card"

Sure. All of blue is now counterspells, just like all of red is land destruction. Clearly you should be hating red just as much as blue.
A few counters is completely different from shutting the game out entirely. A dedicated draw-go control deck, yes, that's a different story - and one that doesn't really crop up that often anymore.

Wow, you're a fucking moron
>yeah, damage dealing is to be expected, but is demoralizing to play against a deck that does NOTHING but creature spam. They didn't win, just made you lose
You can literally play this game with ANY color

Just face it that nobody likes playing against blue. You never see anyone whine about other colors.

Colorless can't be a broken color since it isn't a color

I've seen people whine about Red, too. Playing against Blue can be fun if you don't allow yourself to be frustrated by a color. If it gets under your skin, just scoop and continue having an unfortunate mindset.

This is good too. Almost like the barbarian's choice cards, like browbeat.

Who else has had a control player clearly winning the game but can't close it out in time, then have the balls to ask for a concession, which you promptly decline.

The salt is some of the most sublime I've had the pleasure of having.

I have. My go to response for this kind of playing is something along the lines of "if you want to start a new game, you can scoop."

I think the better question is why does Wizards love creatures so much? Why can't instants, sorceries, and enchantments do cool things anymore? There's more to being a wizard than summoning animals.

Read it again, it's one card nigga. Although if X were ever anything more than 1 this could get to ridiculous levels of super scry really fast, especially considering we're already in red and white with tons of double strike abilities.

Creatures do not automatically make you win. They have to sit there for a turn and eventually either attack or tap for their ability, or maybe you just dump even more mana into them to do something useful. Whereas if you cast a counterspell your opponent fails to cast their spell and the interaction is over, you have to wait until something else can happen. They're not comparable.

because blue is the strongest color

Not the other dude. How do you feel about rhystic spells?

reminds me of Bomat Courier
I saw some gargantuan card advantage post-HOU protour or whatever that was

I welcome anything that adds player choice to the game, really. Cards that can become either more or less useful based on when and how you play them are always great. Sadly the specific one you mentioned is fairly high on the storm scale.

what do you mean with the storm scale thing? I'm not speaking about any one spell, but a psuedo mechanic WoTC did where any player could pay 2 mana to stop some spells and abilities.