Inspiration: Fantasy Cartoons

Post movie-length cartoons, animations, or animatronics that can inspire a fantasy game

Starting with an obvious one, LOTR

I'll share a few and then leave the thread open. Eastern media is okay too but try not to post dragonball z type things

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r__Dk4oWGJQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flight_of_Dragons
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wizards, 1977

A little known french movie:
Fantastic Planet

Nausicaa's another great one

The well known live action puppet film. Now to be continued in a Netflix prequel television.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Dark Crystal SUUUUCKS

Oh you'll really love labyrinth then

Bakshi Gollum best Gollum.

Bakshi Eowyn best Eowyn.

Netflix is doing a prequel? That's sweeeeet. I have always wanted To meet a game in the past of Dark Crystal.

Also, I can do a perfect Camberlain impression. True fact.

The Hobbit is far superior to Bakshi's barf

While I'm not gunna wave my dick around like a jackass, I am going to agree with a dick waving jackass. I like Bakshi's work but The Hobbit shaped fantasy for me at an early age. To this day, every kind of goblin that isn't a horned frog monster is straight up wrong.

Ah. Let's not leave out this neat Soviet interpretation of Grieg's Hall of the Mountain King. A perfect cartoon to get psyched for a looming dungeon crawl!

youtube.com/watch?v=r__Dk4oWGJQ

>movie-length
What's wrong with Thundarr?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Thundarr the Barbarian except for Princess Ariel always walking around topless. Kind of shocked me as a kid, but it is the post-apoc future, so it kind of makes sense.

Pirates of Dark Water, bitches.

It seems like they're forced into practical effects with their budget. Hope it turns out.

Practical effects nowadays are much pricier than CGI.

They're choosing to do practical effects because that was what made TDC great. I think it'll look beautiful and I personally can't wait

Got any preview pics for it?

I loved The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth, the dual-dvd set.

No one mentioned Fire and Ice aka Frank Frazetta: The Movie?

Gone too soon ;_;

Shit is wild

My favorite fantasy movie is Krull. The moment you see the villains hand used as a room is already enough to go 'fuck yes, I need that in my game!'

Fire & Ice, Heavy Metal, or maybe even Rock n' Rule could work as well. Don't think too much about traditional fantasy, either, some things are fantasy even though you might not see it like that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flight_of_Dragons