>DFC Rules and Scenarios
mediafire.com/file/li17bl14bute5ee/DFC_RulesScenarios.pdf
>DFC Units
mediafire.com/file/oa35v9pq7gfe1fs/DFC_Units.pdf
>DFC Fluff
mediafire.com/file/oysd2f64iytbd69/DFC_Fluff.pdf

>free DFC fleet builder
dflist.com/

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/0y6n93j829i78/Drop_Commander_Images
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder that if no one posts and we can't actually keep the damn thread alive, then there's really no reason to keep the general as it's own thing.
There's 44 to 50 unique posters per thread, so it's not like we're lacking in actual number of anons.

I'm dyin' for news of 2.0 and what TT has in store with respect to scenery; one of the things I like about DFC is not needing to put a ton of effort in to get a good looking table. But if they release some nice scenery along with 2.0 I'm probably going to be compelled to pick DZC up too.

>But if they release some nice scenery along with 2.0 I'm probably going to be compelled to pick DZC up too.
I heard that they're going to be doing a full range of resin scenery for each of the factions and in general.
So not only old Neo-Deco stuff, but also UCM fortifications and buildings, Scourge stuff, PHR stuff, and even Shaltari stuff.
If it's cheap enough, I'll definitely grab some.

If there's a set of PHR scenery I will consider buying into DZC mandatory.

>UCM: Dam8 or 9, Th12", no special rules
>Scourge: Dam6, Th15", Corruptor (corruptor is modified so it either doesn't require a crit or starts damaging immediately)
>PHR: Dam6, Th9", Particle

I'd agree with these, but the PHR one could be fiddled with a little bit more. Maybe have something like this?

>Dam 8, Th 12", Short Burn
Short Burn: This Launch Asset possesses incredibly powerful but short ranged engines; it can only attack targets within its Thrust range, but resolve its effect immediately once launched. (It's effects are resolved before entering the next step of the launch asset phase)

Bump

RESISTANCE IN SPACE WHEN?!

>possible PHR scenery
Here goes my budget again

would easily spend more on scenery than the actual army

Same desu, but even moreso for Shaltari stuff.

I've wondered if these are supposed to be Shaltari structures or not.

What page/book? I would -assume- that they're Shaltari, but the eyes on the rim look suspiciously like Scourge Occulus Nodes.

Just looked through, page 23 in Phase 2. Seems it could be either way, since it's on the page discussing Aaru, which mentions both Scourge and Shaltari.

The angular bits are definitely Shaltari (just look at the new Ruby/Sapphire), but the eyes are certainly Scourge looking.

the image is a secret hint of the next faction: scourge infested pungari. the pungari are so stupid the scourge can't control them properly

>Scourge Pungari: 15pts
>A1, Mv2", CM:-, DP5, CQB0.5, F6+
>Type:Infantry, Category:Command/Standard/Troops/Scout/Exotic/Heavy/Support/Air, S+C:4 B2B
>Pungari Knockoff Plasma Rifles: E3, Sh5, Ac3+, R(F):6", R(C):6", MF:1", Arc:F/S/R, Special: RW-1
>Transport: None

Truly a ferocious fighting force that will spread fear throughout the galaxy.

>/dcg/ has been at page 1 for nearly an hour
Something ain't right here.

I just want my Skyranger to Vigio some Confido on the Shaltari Ayys.

Hey, user that shared all these images last thread, your mediafire isn't loading them anymore.

mediafire.com/folder/0y6n93j829i78/Drop_Commander_Images

Do you have any idea what went wrong?

Bellator in Machina when. I want my UCM to hack off their limbs to replace with cybernetics.

Next alien army when? Aren't they hinted in the DFC book? Also when the duck are we getting new unit previews for 2.0?

Checked with a few browsers and they seem to load fine, might be something on your end.

Okay fuck it, give me all the unit concepts you can think of and I'll try to give them stats. Zone or fleet, vague or detailed, fluff or function, it doesn't matter. Maybe it'll help keep the thread alive more easily.

An entire PHR army that's just familiars and nanobots.

Scourge Support Frigate, anything you can think of.

Guess at what destroyers/dreadnoughts will be like.

Weird, it wasn't working at all yesterday, but it's working fine now. Must've been something on my end.

Am I the only one hoping that the next army or faction is a bunch of theocratic aliens?

My only real hope for any new factions is that psychic powers don't become a thing in the setting. Even if functionally nanobots can be used like a magic spell blah blah etc. don't want no space magic.

Gave it a try.

>Lamia-class Frigate: 44pts
>Scan6", Sig3", Th12", H4, A5+, PD4, G1-2, T:L
>Special Rules: Atmospheric, Outlier, Shard Battery
>Oculus Rays: Lc3+, At1, Dam1, Arc:F
>Shard Array: Lc5+, At4, Dam1, Arc:F/S, Special: CA, Air to Air
>Plasma Cloud: Lc3+, At2, Dam1, Arc:F/S/R, Special: CA
>*Special Rule - Shard Battery: On any turn this ship does not leave atmosphere and does not fire its Shard Array weapon, it may act as a defence battery for a single cluster within 6". It destroys bulk landers on a 5+ and dropships on a 6+, however every additional Shard Battery ship within 6" may add a -1 bonus to the roll.

I mean you could pretty easily have vehicles that are just run by their familiars. So some kind of familiar infantry? Drone troops could be interesting.

Only problem with the frigate is that the Chimera is already sad and ignored enough as it is. I like the idea though, it feels like any Scourge support ship should be offensively focused in some fashion.

I still wonder what the ramifications of differentiating the bulk landers of different factions would be. It feels a bit boring that they all do the same thing.

You'd at best, change their range and payload, and possibly survival against surface fire.
I do wish fighters could interdict landing if you had Atmos Fighters. That'd make them a lot nastier.

>You'd at best, change their range and payload, and possibly survival against surface fire.
Right, and all that could still be pretty interesting.

For example, not even talking about the dropships, Scourge bulk landers could have a thrust range of 9", but only be able to deploy 3 infantry or 1 battery.
UCM might have 6" thrust, but be able to deploy 4 infantry and 1 battery, but still be beat out by the Scourge since both their troop carrier and bulk lander have that much more range, possibly allowing for the Scourge to get there a full turn or two early.

In conjunction with making the PHR troopships Rare, their bulk landers could deploy either 2 infantry, 1 armor, or 1 battery, to represent them being less prolific than the Scourge or UCM.

And that's not even getting into actually differentiating ground tokens and such.
On that note, I think that's my biggest problem with the ground asset system; it's too complicated to just be a "score" system, but not complicated enough to be its own proper subgame within DFC. So it ends up just being a time-waster that doesn't add any meaningful thought or decision to the game.

Don't expect to see the 2nd Ed. units anytime soon, probably looking at early next year.

So, just made the jump in to DFC after putting it off a long while. Grabbed a couple of Shaltari starters, figure I can use that to do some demo games, and then make it one big force once I have an opponent or three.

So, getting six cruiser sprues - how are most people building them at that level? I've heard the "at least 2 emeralds" thing from several quarters, but not sure what to do with the rest. Thinking I'll probably hang around 1000 pt for a while before expanding further (although very likely I'll snag a battleship in the not too distant future).

I also snagged a frigates box (because it was $14), but from what I'm reading that probably gives me a large frigate surplus. Most lists only seem to run 6 or 8 at most, even at 1500. Has anybody tried to kitbash some light cruisers from frigate and spare cruiser parts? Eyeballing pics of the sprues, it seems like it should be do-able, just not sure exactly how.

You'll usually want a heavy cruiser and definitely two Emeralds. Beyond that there's some choice.

>Amber
Basically a budget Onyx for people who already have a different heavy cruiser and don't want another. Solid brawler.

>Granite
Garbage. You want a particle lance, take an Obsidian, Ruby or Diamond.

>Turquoise
Split CAW/bombardment ship. Basically just wants to get close and brawl/bomb, but can afford to be a little more sneaky about it than gun ships since there's no need for weapons free. Blue balls may not seem that great at either of their jobs at first, but that 12" scan range really helps out. Work extra well in pairs or with a Jet, that way they can compensate for their lack of bombardment power by attacking the same target from far away.

>Basalt
Solid carrier. Does carrier things and has decent guns, you can protect your shielded dudes from CAW/bombers with fighters or use your own bombers as a very versatile weapon. Wouldn't take more than two and probably not even more than one, due to the pricing issue.

>Onyx
Pure brawler, made to get stuck in and go weapons free. 12 3+ lock attacks is vicious. Remember to put up those shields.

>Obsidian
More of a sniper than a brawler, but still tough. Can put out nasty firepower against heavily armoured or shielded targets, and not as reliant on weapons free to do damage.

>Jet
Turquoise that brawls better. More focused on combat than bombardment compared to the Turquoise, but can still help out. Doesn't need weapons free to be effective like Onyx does, but can't put out quite the same damage either.

>Azurite
Eh

>Aquamarine
Eeeeeeh
The light cruisers aren't great. Emeralds are always worth the upgrade from Azurites because they offer so much more with troops, and Aquamarines bank on an unreliable and situational gimmick.

As for frigates, you can make 4 Opals, 4 Amethysts and 4 Topazes and not be left wanting. The rest you can do whatever you like with.

Eh, at 1000 points, I'd say 2-3 Emeralds. 2 For now for sure, just because you've only got 6 Voidgates.

Of the rest, Turquoise are excellent efficient, along with Jets, and their gun cruisers are great as well. Maybe a Basalt if you want some Launch, but I personally dislike taking too many Disruptor ships.

As for frigates, considering that you've got 16 frigates total:
4 Opals
4-6 Amethyst
4-6 Amber
0-4 Jade

The Amber is an exceptionally efficient gun frigate and an excellent supplementary combat ship, the Opal is pure S Y N E R G Y, and the Amethyst is pretty damn powerful as well.
Jade is shit, but will likely be reworked along with the rest of Shaltari particle stuff.

Bump

Thanks much. So thinking to start off it will be:
- 2 Emeralds
- Jet
- Amber
- Obsidian
- Turquoise

... and then just a mix of cruisers since I have plenty of those.

Buy a two player starter set user.

Personally, user, I'd swap the Obsidian for another Amber, Turquoise, or even Jet. Shaltari particle ships are pretty meh right now, save for the Diamond.

Obsidian is alright since it can fire two of the things on standard orders. It's not like he's taking a Granite.

Fair enough. Is there literally any way to fix the Granite?

Well, you can snap off the front bits and replace them with other weapons.

Jej.

I wonder; what if the Granite has linked particle lances, but the Obsidian had a dorsal disintegrator rather than a third lance (like the Jet), in addition to its linked lances.

I don't play Shaltari so I don't know shit, but: why not give the Granite linked, and then the Obsidian gets some kind of siphon-like rule similar to the St. Pete?

>Siphon
Eww

well i dunno specifically what but something that makes it slightly better on standard orders but good on weapons free

One extra lance on WF isn't really the same as something like St Pete having two lasers, and even St Pete had to be buffed. Granite would still be the better option there.

Different user.

You've only got one Shaltari Heavy Cruiser. Which one is it?

All of them? I started with an Obsidian, but I don't use it that much anymore because Ruby and Diamond are so good.

Congratulations, anons! You get to go back in time and reasonably modify a ship design or general class of ship? What are some that you would do?

>give the Akumalisk and the Mantishee a Phalanx for the center oculus, and just normal arrays on the outside for the Akumalisk

>make the Percy a Heavy/Medium with a laser

>give the New York a laser instead of a torpedo and just ignore them entirely

Hi!
I started buying UCM fleet but I got carried away and have too many ships now. Got 4 starters, 1 cruiser box, 1 frigate box, 2 battleships, 3 battlecruisers and some single sprues.

What is the max amount of ships that can be on the table?

Well for UCM, I think it's this:

--------------------------------------
dumb - 5174pts
UCM - 0 launch assets

SR27 Line battlegroup (732pts)
3 x New Cairo - 264pts - M
6 x Taipei - 234pts - L
6 x Taipei - 234pts - L

6 x Taipei - 234pts - L
6 x Taipei - 234pts - L

6 x Taipei - 234pts - L
6 x Taipei - 234pts - L

6 x Taipei - 234pts - L
6 x Taipei - 234pts - L

SR18 Pathfinder battlegroup (702pts)
6 x Taipei - 234pts - L
6 x Taipei - 234pts - L
6 x Taipei - 234pts - L

6 x Taipei - 234pts - L
6 x Taipei - 234pts - L
6 x Taipei - 234pts - L

6 x Taipei - 234pts - L
+ UCM Admiral of the Fleet (140pts, 6AV)
6 x Taipei - 234pts - L
6 x Taipei - 234pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------

you might need a few more frigate boxes

>Swap obsidian for 2nd X
I was kinda thinking that at this point I want a little variety mainly, plus be able to field the Amber / Emerald / Obsidian starter config if I want. Which is why I included it.

Figure I can always start doubling up later, maybe pick up another cruiser box and make Emerald / Turquoise or something like that.

>Golem Sentry Drones: 35pts
>A3, Mv3", CM:-, DP3, CQB1, F-
>Type:Infantry, Category:Troops, S+C:2 B2B
>Special Rules: Fearless
>RX-20A Miniguns: E6, Sh3, Ac3+, R(F):36", R(C):12", MF:3", Arc:F/S/R, Special: AA, RW-1
>Transport: The usual suspects

Tried for some PHR robotic troops, thought adding some variety to PHR AA would be nice. I'll probably make an exotic later.

Pricing was sort of limited by how unreasonably expensive Immortals seem to be for their usefulness.

Oh, and in terms of general design: Think something akin to PHR tachikomas.

>putting the Admiral in one of the Tapeis rather than a Cairo
Eh, almost viable, but not quite.

Seems TTCombat have fired basically the entire Hawk team apart from Dave after implying they wouldn't

That's kinda shitty

Wait, are you fucking serious?
That's not "kind" of shitty, that's full on cuntery.
Sauce.

On the flip side, Hawk's FB just posted this, by which I mean whatever TT social media intern is running the place posted it.

As well as this.

From the DFC facebook, besides Dave, only Hawk Patrice and Hawk Jordan were kept on, apparently.

Wow, sure was a coincidence they decide to post something as soon as people find out they've purged the company

what are the monitors mentioned for DFC?
new ships?

This. I'm pretty fucking mad right now, not going to lie.

Probably; maybe another corvette/frigate sized ship?

From one of the ex-Hawk guys that just got let go, from facebook.

" Sorry but I will defend Dave to the hilt on this one. He made a case for each and every one of us as to why we should stay in employment and he was under the impression that anyone who was at risk would be kept until the end of November. He was never told about my redundancy by TT, he was told by us and he immediately offered to talk to me about anything he could do to help me out. He was a great boss and I haven’t a bad word to say about him."

In response to someone saying that Dave secured his own job and threw the rest of the team under the bus. Apparently he didn't know anything about the firings, and TT never told him, until the other guys let him know.
It's amazing how fast my opinion of this company is dropping.

>what are the monitors mentioned for DFC?
Well, if they follow the established convention (roughly the classification used by the western nations for warships during interwar and WW2), then it will most likely be an upgunned frigate weight ship, possibly with an emphasis on bombardment or otherwise supporting ground units.

Monitors would either mean something huge, slow, and powerful (most mil scifi use, something even bigger than a battleship), or small, slow, and powerful (historical use, well-gunned coastal ship).

Personally I see a niche for a cruiser-armored/gunned atmosphere fighter without FTL. That's actually another mil-scifi use, a sublight battleship in an FTL environment.

>Personally I see a niche for a cruiser-armored/gunned atmosphere fighter without FTL. That's actually another mil-scifi use, a sublight battleship in an FTL environment.
An interesting idea, but fluffwise, wouldn't that mean that two opposing sides in a battle could never both be using Monitors, since they're purely defensive?
Ignoring the fact that the Scourge are apparently reinvading their own worlds in game, of course.

So far as I’ve heard they’ve confirmed kept Dave, the main artist and I think one other Hawk. The guys let go were playtesters and probably had other responsibilities.

>It's amazing how fast my opinion of this company is dropping.
Certainly not a good sign. It will be interesting to see how Dave decides to handle it. Entirely possible his contract requires him to keep working for them - he could pretty easily torpedo the franchise if he walked, given how much of a cult-of-personality it is.

>dead games general

That's not true at all, the talons were play testers, the rest of the team were community managers etc.

There was a couple of sales guys I'd understand, but Scott and Liam were the two community manager guys and seem to have been fucked over the most

At this point, it's not out of the question.

k thx, since I have no idea about fleet stuff from that time, Im learning these terms with DF

The US team was also kept on.

Currently at work so what the drama and what's the news from FB? Only been able to skim through the thread. From what I've gathered TT is being a cunt, new ships got announced, and seemingly the kaiju fighting mech got teased.

>Currently at work so what the drama and what's the news from FB?
Monitors, Destroyers, and Dreadnoughts coming out alongside with DZC 2.0.
Immortan Joe's Jaeger got teased.
TTCombat fired four or five people from Hawk's UK team, which is over half, despite the implication they would be able to stay on until at least the end of November. They did this all behind Dave's back, apparently.

Ex-Hawk employee here, general lurker and poster of memes.

What do you want to know.

I want to know office reactions when the reveal about the kickstarter troll Khell got dropped.

First, proofs. Timestamp, shoe-on-head, whatever.
If you are real (which I'm doubting, since this is Veeky Forums), I'm assuming you haven't posted before because it wouldn't be good for image for you guys to be shitposting on le 4changz.

Second, what's the deal with TT?

Thirdly, what said.

How many people did Hawk employ? I thought it was something like 5-8.

Be nice, he was in a very dark place at the time.

I've seen my fair share of Kickstarter salt.

Before the end, 8 employees.

I'll take a timestamp on my Hawk shirt tomorrow, but for now you'll have to trust me.

TT have bought the IP however are very sales focused, being a company that slings huge amounts of cheap mdf scenery. Therefore they've fired everyone who isn't immediately involved with the making or selling of products.

They have never supported a ruleset like Hawk has and don't know how to.

This doesn't bode well for the future of the company or game :(

>I'll take a timestamp on my Hawk shirt tomorrow, but for now you'll have to trust me.
Fair enough, but I'll hold you to that, user.

>TT have bought the IP however are very sales focused, being a company that slings huge amounts of cheap mdf scenery. Therefore they've fired everyone who isn't immediately involved with the making or selling of products.
>They have never supported a ruleset like Hawk has and don't know how to.
And they outright fired everyone that knew the rules? What the hell do they think this is, just something to sell models with the game as an afterthought?
This does not inspire confidence in TT at all.

If you really are from Hawk, can you shed some light on what went down during the Kickstarter? All the delays and everything, the FUBAR shipping?

I get the impression they're hoping to shoulder the burden of play testing and community management stuff onto Talons, given what I've seen on the Facebook group about them at least saying they intend to do more things with them. Sound about right?

I want to start this game set so much.
Ucm starter, one of my daughters asleep on my arms, cannot reach glue.

you've still got feet

That worked so well for spartan. Man, I hope Warcradle doesn' fuck up as bad.

Wake her up, hand her a knife, and have her get to work cleaning the flash off any other sprues and blisters you have.

>Hawk is kill
>playtesting is kill
Well, this is a lovely reminder that the corporate scene of British wargaming manufacturers is as bad as American vidya publishers