How would you do an evil Monk?

How would you do an evil Monk?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArrogantKungFuGuy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rasputin.
Gandhi.

Depends. If it's a man, then in the butt. But if it's a woman, well, they have four holes for fucking.

>kung fu masters should rule
there done there ya go

>How would you do an evil Monk?

Light OTHER people on fire to protest.

user, please! We don't talk about the fourth mouth!

Take the whole surface level buddhist concept of "Existence is suffering" and have them apply it to the mindset that "if existence is suffering, then I should relieve as many people of their suffering as I can."

Basically a kind of weird, homicidal nihilism.

Fuck new Veeky Forums

Old Veeky Forums would have 10 4m threads and the mod would only delete 8 of them.

Nazimod ruins everything.

Make them a nihilistic purityfag obsessed with returning the world's sanctity. Even better if they're a Neutral Evil that believes themselves to be Lawful in any way.

He punches the good dudes.

Through callousness
The monk cares not for anything, just as the enlightened is like the stone so too is the monk.
He would care not for kindness
Not for the crys of children
Not for compassion
Not for mercy
He would be barely human, an automaton with one singular goal

Master Asia

Akuma

He believes enlightenment can be found in nothingness and seeks to enlighten others. Whether they like it or not. Or he fully believes in the reincarnation cycle but it works a little too slowly for his tastes.

watch a 70s kung fu movie
figure out who the bad guy is
be that

>monks gots 2 be lawfel
fuck off gary you're bad at watching movies

fpbp

>Rasputin

Paizo did that in the Reign of Winter adventure path.

Sagat

sagat isnt a really evil, he was a good sport and then Ryu's satsui no hado fucked him up and he got salty

but he got over it

for evil you have juri/seth/vega

always really liked this guy

Breaks his monastic rule, thinking that he would be an ideal ruler as a philosopher-king out of pride.

I had this background for a character, never got to run him:
For 25 years, lived in monastic solitude atop a mountain. He had devoted his life to helping all pious souls who sought him, and meditating on the nature of righteousness. However, one day, he was examining a butterfly on a tree branch, and looked down to notice the shadow it cast on the ground. He realized that he could not understand the true nature of good without first coming to understand evil, and so immediately set out, devoting 25 years of his life to cruelty, greed, hedonism untamed by morality, and a will to power. He now stalks the land, taking what he desires, dominating who he wishes, and indulging the delight in sin that exists in every human soul.

He has become a felonious monk.

I was coming here to say this

>What the fuck am I reading.

Thanks for reminding me this exist. Now I'm going to buy the entire show

He aims to create the ultimate fighting style, and takes on every high-level warrior he can find to refine his skills.

Rasputin did nothing wrong

No fucks for anything but the art and finding challenges to advance it. They'll take work, accept contracts, but it's a pretense for travelling and doesn't matter compared to tracking down that adventurer with potential who managed to make them bleed their own blood.

Neverwinter Nights featured an evil Monk henchman who left the Battlehammer clan in search of quelling his weird obsession with death, and ended up joining the Monastic Order of Long Death, which is basically a collective of martial arts assassins. He basically cherishes death and finds that dishing it out is a very spiritual thing for him.

He loves carnage, but he works against the weird disease that is killing everyone in a city because he believes that it's not the right way to extinguish life because there's no honor in it.

Given that Monks can be fluffed into many different things, you can simply just make your Evil Monk into something like Street Fighter Akuma - a ruthless killer who believes in rule of the fist and constant self-improvement. Probably the "easiest" kind of evil to imagine in a regular party - you believe in giving no reprieve to prisoners of war (since they were weak and deserve to get offed anyway), you respect and valor strength above all else, you kill because of some higher purpose. You might even believe your martial arts should be primarily used in self-defense - but your definition of self-defense is really, really broad.

Here's Jei, a wandering warrior-monk who had an epiphany and as a result of it he decided to devote his life to quenching all evil in the world and punishing all sinners. Unfortunately, he believes everyone is a sinner, and he's basically a wandering mass murderer and the nemesis to the main character. He's more of a blademaster than a pugilist, but Jei is highly spiritual in his twisted delusions and there seems to be something that keeps him alive because he cheated death many, many times.

Of course, it might be difficult to play a Jei-style character in a regular game, because Jei is pretty much an insane murderhobo. He doesn't even interact much with fellow anthropomorphic characters - and if he does, they will likely just die. I'd tone him down if you were to repurpose him as a character. Also, played wrong, he probably is more of a Lawful Stupid Anti-Paladin than a Monk.

Anyone who does not dedicate their life to self improvement is a weakling who must make way for the strong.

RIP AND TEAR

His motivation is only to become the best at the art of murder.

I will become strong, no matter who I have to get through.

Jei is genuinely spooky. He's pretty awesome.

They're the best shallow villains to just throw in wherever. It's hardly contrived at all for them to do vile shit to get a PC fighting mad and see their moves.

Insane extreme chaos Buddhism.

The universe, life, reality, is an illusion of suffering, embrace chaos and ultimate nothingess. Order is a manmade construct that furthers the perpetuation of the tortuous illusion. It must be stripped bare and utterly destroyed. Man must become a mindless beast to embrace chaos which will allow him to escape the traps of the illusion.

Spread a message of peace and tranquility while attempting to destabilize everyone and everything you come across. You are a saint who desires to stay behind to see the world completely empty and barren of life, seeking to start a cult around yourself to spread the word and when the time is right, rise up in every corner of the planet and drag it off into silent darkness for eternity.

Gandhi though...

Is this question asked based solely on how DnD portrays martial artists as all being Shaolin monks?

Does anyone asks how you go about making evil fighters?

I was just thinking of this guy when I saw the OP

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArrogantKungFuGuy

Goddamn you Carlos.

steal liberally from shaw brothers films

I came here to post this

The weak survive at the will of the strong. Therefore it behooves the strong to increase their strength and shore up their position. Thus, balance is achieved.

Beat me to it

>Evil monk thread
>Posts a great magician

Gandhi was in favour of the Indian caste system. The caste system is fucking awful.

You can't really call people evil for not being progressive enough, especially for your time.

Something like this. Basically an evil monk multiclassed with psionics.

Balance out the good in the world by murdering people

Shredder

I thought it was Chaotic Neutral, no? One day cheering the kids at the birthday party, next day murdering their parents to balance it out.

Yeah, no. If you're murdering innocent people "for the sake of balance", you're definitely Evil.

It would be True Neutral as per original Gygaxian alignment classification. In recent editions totally Evil.

Watch The strangers. Can't say much more or I'll be spoiling the movie. The exorcisms are top notch.

This guy gets it.

Isn't a D&D monk just a guy who fights with his fists? I don't see how "evil guy who punches" is hard to write.

crane hermit or Tao pei pei from DragonBall

also, watch some old Kung fu movies

>Fuck new Veeky Forums
>Old Veeky Forums would have 10 4m threads and the mod would only delete 8 of them.
>Nazimod ruins everything.

What ?

yes, there's a time and place for each thing. What if Gandhi saw the Indian caste system as functioning and its removal as bringer of evil ?
If then he took the decision to get rid of it he would have been an evil monk.
Beyond the fact that it would be an overly zealous attitude, a bad monk could just be one that made bad decisions, bad choices, as he grew up in the monacal world. The thing is, part of the definition of that environment is the selectivity along with the hospitality. So an evil monk would have to get a powerful justification to how he stayed in place, and how the bad stayed and brewed to evilness.
Could be a keeper of knowledge who upon seeing its peers sinking to mediocrity or bowing to an opposite power decides to get rid of them, a cannibal anchorite who once took this life of scavenging because he decided his enlightenment was not never to be shared with the world, and absorbed the habit into his mysticism, an ascetic descending for the mountains and misleading one through counter-initation because he was too much of an innocent (so one or the other being a flat-out retard), the classic power through strength motive, a real awakened monk wasting his old age getting drunk (tho that one is discutably evil), or a minor cult leader being replaced by a double (either doppelgänger or the leader of an underground cult using it to raise funds, kidnap disciples... he would be much more charismatic and draw much larger crowds/disciples).

>main biergarten

You have it.

I played a lawful evil monk recently. It wasn’t so much evil plotting and such, as much as his order had essentially gone off the cultish deep end. They believed there was a final battle coming but they were not allowed to recruit traditionally. Each monk could only ever have one pupil in life. Now while the order used to be able to confer with their predecessors spirits, they’d lost that to corruption and time.

This, indoctrination became... intense. The individual was often driven to a sort of single minded determination. To find the pupil who was as strong as possible, and then break them to teach them the ways of the order. This often meant beating the pupil within an inch of their life originally, and having had the same done to you before they were even trained. As you can figure out, these people were a very quickly dying breed.

Not only that, we were forced to leave much more peaceful towns as most of their braggarts/local heroes faced a duel to the death which tended to cause problems with the guards.

I think I could have done better but a true evil monk often can only be written very monk like if they’re almost entirely there for the sake of battle or something similar. If they are revealed a dark cosmic truth that could work too.

YES.

That's exactly how you play an Evil Monk. A philosophical son of a bitch you cannot help but deep down like, even agree with his points, but the thing he's doing/standing for is also so fucked up you have to fight him.

>posts obscure anime character with no name
What the fuck is anyone except the few autists with your exact taste going to get out of this?

Kirei Kotomine is not an obscure character and a simple image search of that exact picture would have shown you that.

>obscure anime character
>obscure
if he posted tsukihime/mahoyo or whatever you would have a point

but calling fate obscure, at least in these here parts is just plain lying

hes a cleric

Anime is inherently obscure

No it's fucking not, you normie scum.