Demons?
Sick people?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nl0X_-qejD8
youtube.com/watch?v=1-l29HlKkXU
youtube.com/watch?v=QShlOWkvp1I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

vampire as a general term is too vague

do you mean what people call vampires? all of the above, but people are stupid and rash

theres different versions with different origins

What about Chronicles of Darkness' vampires ?

Are they gay and edgy cunts ?
I'm sometimes worried people would judge me as a weird angsty teenager if I play as one.

Metal.

Vampires mostly exist to give long monlogues and exposition

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nl0X_-qejD8

They are as good as "modern" vampires can be.
I don't think a lot of people would judge you harshly nowadays except grognards with PTSD memories of goths playing Vampire the Masquerade.

Classiness disguising a fierce animistic thirst.

Long corrupted water elementals that sustain themselves on the "water of life".

Son of dragon

TM vampires are legitimately good

Take the usual post-Dracula idea, but parochial and scheming aganist each other. Less "we're cool" bullshit and more "say anything about unlife but there is always someone to guard against".

No big use use of kewl superpowerz, tough they can become a wolf or be absurdely sexy alright - basically a vampire that wants to stay "alive" gets that he needs to be methodical, guarded and overall surprisingly practical.

Also, while I think most shit about them needing to be only nocturnal and other masquerade (or Lestat) inspired shit is stupid to be taken as granted, I think a greater vampir conspiracy would be kinda difficult to mantain. Thus, parochial. It's perfectly possible that there is a Lancea Sanctum equivalent (with better latin grammar) but next to impossible for them to be that "coherent" as a group, in long distances. ESPECIALLY regarding their beliefs.

>this at least when they're used as PCs

Ah, Giurescu. The ultimate jobber.

You ever see that movie Martin? Mine are like that.

My favourite?

Hellsing toned down a bit a guess, lots of misinformation that might be correct for some vamps but not others. Lot's of weird powers that can be learned or inherited but nothing that can be done with no moral complications.

In terms of practicality I like vampires to start out very "classic" then fall off the bullshit cliff very fast when you get to older ones or ones with more potent bloodlines.

Freshly turned Emma turns into an Olympian with no manual dexterity who's skin blisters in the presence of garlic but her dickass 300-year-old sire can carve his signature into your jugular in one action.

You can throw a bowl of rice at Harry the 26th generation half-blood and almost give him a seizure but 90-year-old Jessica the 7th generation prodigy will walk thorough your pocket sand, whisper "373,562" lovingly in your ear then fist-fuck your chest.

a la. Bram Stoker's Dracula
Basically just weird MUs.

True ancestor[shinso] style, but for everyone.

>Vampirism bestows immortality and regeneration
>Drinking a life adds years to your immortality based on how much the life had left
>Diablerie and baby drinking is NOT COOL, but some do it anyway

>Power wise, same as WOD, but powers are not powered by blood, per say, but the vampiric vitality given by the transformation. Blood can immediately heal and restore or temporarily increase ceiling, but they have a measure of points every day that they get.

>No weaknesses.

>Vampires don't turn everyone into vampires because they would "run out of food", they metabolize souls so slowly that it would never happen. They don't turn everyone into vampires, because the most valuable food for vampires is other vampires.

>Vampires ARE susceptible to emotional lability though.They have are not undead, but a metamorphosis, and all of their senses are hightened, so they do sometimes tear up a room, or brood for some months, or get revengeful and burn down someone's house.

>The familia is the most important part of the vampire. They are clan based by nature, and territorial. Of course they have their own individual motivations, but until released from their bonds to create their own bloodline, they have a kinsman ship to their sire and brood that is quite strong.Once released They are free, but it feels like having an arm cut off. Not unlike the feeling when one's childe dies. However being released forcefully or willingly creates a new danger because Unaffiliated vampires have no loyalty to ANYONE. And can cause all types of havoc if they were not properly taught dignity and loyalty to the species.

So essentially Golconda from the start. Everyone is fully alive and aware, and they have these powers, and sometimes they kind of revert to eating people when swept up in their emotions. They don't necessarily even need to, it just kind of happens.

TLDR; Goldconda Vampires with Werewolf social psychology. They

You ever seen jojo? It's that.

So, abundant body horror like mind controlling flesh buds, being able to transplant body parts and sucking people dry by piercing them with your fingers?

Yes. Except my dudes are designer weapons (Like alien) built to cull life on a planet before recycling it.

An ancient parasite that gives you super soldier powers and an insatiable need to kill gigantic, civilization-ending worms.

Fabulously well dressed

>ancient alien vampires

i've never heard of this and i've heard of Atlantean Nanomachine vampires (it was in a pretty decent romance novel)

>So how do you guys like your vampires?
>Ancient aliens?
>Demons?
>Sick people?

I like the take on vampires in Rifts and Beyond the Supernatural.

My GM does it. Think if some species of lizard evolved into humanoids, got their planet blown up by a werewolf-like species, refugees came to Earth and started civilization. Like, literally vampire illuminati lizardmen. I love it because it's so ridiculous.

Does anybody have the old motivational poster with this pic and the title perception? I remember seeing it once and I must see it again, now that this one's been posted.

I never really liked Vampires as a concept. When you think about it, they're kind of dumb.

>RIFTS
It's the stupidest, clunkyest, clusterfuck of a system I have ever played. But i will never again have the opportunity to kill a space knight with a mininuke while straped to a motorcycle. Or be thrown into the sky by a werewolf to pile-drive a pterodactyl.

>i've never heard of this and i've heard of Atlantean Nanomachine vampires (it was in a pretty decent romance novel)

'sup.

>It's the stupidest, clunkyest, clusterfuck of a system I have ever played. But i will never again have the opportunity to kill a space knight with a mininuke while straped to a motorcycle. Or be thrown into the sky by a werewolf to pile-drive a pterodactyl.

Rifts was an interesting idea, but a terrible execution. I ended up poaching stuff like Vampire Kingdoms for games with better systems.

system may be shit, but goddamn i love the game.
can't wait for the Savage Worlds version of Rifts to finish so i can play on a slightly less shit system

NVM found it.

I really love WoDs take on vampires.

Sick people. I prefer mine to be visually sick with vampirism. I mean they have to drink blood which limits their nutrition intake, and they become allergic to garlic and sunlight. And have to break into homes and suck blood from people, sometimes gross fat men if they are unlucky or don't know the good spots.

They wouldn't look like the most happy or healthy people.

Classic.

youtube.com/watch?v=1-l29HlKkXU

Witcher vampires are fucking cool

Warhammer Fantasy and Legacy of Kain

I'm really lazy so I just enjoy how Bloodborne handles the themes of vampirism/vampires without explicitly even mentioning the word.

>Also, while I think most shit about them needing to be only nocturnal and other masquerade (or Lestat) inspired shit is stupid to be taken as granted, I think a greater vampir conspiracy would be kinda difficult to mantain. Thus, parochial. It's perfectly possible that there is a Lancea Sanctum equivalent (with better latin grammar) but next to impossible for them to be that "coherent" as a group, in long distances. ESPECIALLY regarding their beliefs.
Actually, I think modern technology and culture might actually make it fairly easy to maintain a coherent group with frequent communication. Just disguise it as a Second Life community or something.

>decent romance novel
Those exist?

>So how do you guys like your vampires?
Female, rich, supernaturally beautiful, and eager to take submissive boys as pets/lovers/blood sources.

I sort of want to create a setting with weird gonzo undead, all having different forms of feeding.

One idea I had to replace classic vampires would be a 'Pyre Seeker', they feed by smelling burning flesh, especially human flesh.

Most of the fledglings skulk around battlefields to smell the corpses, and temples to smell the burnt offerings, before eventually their hunger grows and they need to start murdering and burning people to feed their hunger.

What are some interesting powers or weaknesses for these guys.

When did Lemmy become a vampire?

I like it being a disease which can bring a human beyond their mortal limits for a terrible price, luckily that one isn't terribly rare in fiction.
of course I also like when they're metal as fuck

The only true Vampire is blood itself.

I guess it depends on what I’m going for and which game we’re playing. “Vampire” is far too generic a term in the end, much like “undead”.

The world is a vampire
Sent to dra-a-ain

So are you the kind of mincy little faggot who means “in D&D” without saying it?

Haven’t played a straight fantasy setting in three years, so your question is largely invalid and presumptuous.

Personally, I like them to be horrific predators pretending to be people.
Skulduggery Pleasant has a good example in the first book, where come nightfall the vampires shed of their human forms and reveal themselves to be hairless monsters.

Same with the Crimson Court, how the enemies look mostly human, but eventually reveal their true form.

But less drastic transformation is also fine, I just love the idea of a very real beast being inside them, whether their true form or just a part of their curse. I've never been a fan of vampires who look human all the time.

SECRET DESTROYERS

HOLD YOU UP TO THE FLAMES

I think often no physical transformation is necessary; the human animal can be plenty scary enough when you drop all civilized pretenses and emphasize that it *is* an animal.

I like this. But then I'm a fan of age-based superpowers in general.
>500 year old grandaddy vamps
>give no fucks about the sun
>Religious iconography melts/burns/breaks down in his hand
>Deny him entrance into your home and it will rip itself apart when he forced himself in
>fast enough to strain his immortal body
>too strong to properly control

Prisoners of the armor that binds them, and the Dust that sustains them.
WHERE IS OUR HONOR NOW, LORDS OF THE AMBER PLAINS

this book

no such thing as a Standard Vampire, their looks, powers and weaknesses are different for each mostly

you got Disease Vampires, Cursed Vampire, Improperly Buried Vampire, Living Vampires and more

and Age matters the hell of a lot because there is a Big diffferents between a fledgling and a five hundred year old vampire

In a setting I envisaged but never got a chance to use the first vampire was an un-godly tumour of power and evil that was smote by God as soon as he turned, upon his death a great rain of blood fell on the surrounding countryside and any who were touched by it became 2nd generation vampires.

Pre-historic hominid predators.

While I agree, there's also something great about vampires that just don't care about style any more, and focus on comfort.
Source is Seifuku no Vampiress Lord.

energy-draining undead kungfu masters.

The explanation for vampires in that book was retarded.

What, did you actually think he died?

Not really but I assumed the alcohol would have mummified him first.

Interesting interpretation.

Dead. Vampires are degenerates.

Loli and smug.

Eva is best girl

He's not even that old, isn't he? Like 200 or something.

Also to anyone curious about that manga, it's actually extremely yuri.

>it's actually extremely yuri.
Wish me luck boys!

This. Tracksuits are best.

He's probably stacking templates desu

Mine are a rare and exceptionally powerful metamorphisis of Hollow Men, which are in turn lesser undead not unlike LoZ's ReDead that latch on to and drain life force from living creatures that come too close.

I do either Jojo vampires and TES vampires, depending on my setting

youtube.com/watch?v=QShlOWkvp1I

UNDEAD, you stupid fuck.

Fuck you too

Good call. You take the whole "struck a deal with the devil" and their raw unholy-ness and crank it up. A mature vampire should send men of weak faith into convulsions with its presence. Faithless men are chattle bereft of protection or flaw. Crusaders and true believers can blunt or even harm lesser spawn with faith alone

Mine are ghosts of mortals that have been twisted into demonic spirits by other vampires. It's not clear how the first vampire arose, but it's a self-sustaining plague now, limited principally by many vampires having more fear of creating competition than they have desire to create slaves. Vampires can't touch the physical world in their natural form, so they possess corpses (sometimes, but not always, their own) and occasionally people in order to sate their unquenchable bloodthirst.

>Not based Yupiel, Our Lady of Smug.