WIP - Work In Progress General

No WIP thread on Veeky Forums?!? Emperor's Teeth! That's HERESY!!!

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Figure painter magazine issues 1-36
mega.nz/#F!0AIGDAxL!xOT6MK3oiGpBB1pQaNy5lg

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>DIY Spraybooth
starshipmodeler.com/tech/pa_booth.htm

>DIY Wet Palette
youtube.com/watch?v=96mjmqWTPfM

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>This planet is ours, witch!
youtube.com/watch?v=7_b-qBTul44

>Previous Thread(s):

Other urls found in this thread:

victoriaminiatures.com/collections/heads/products/male-pickelhelm-heads-with-gasmasks-x10
victoriaminiatures.com/collections/backpacks-pouches-and-gear/products/camo-cloaks-x5-resin
youtube.com/watch?v=k84npvSDpsI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've never worked with resin before and just ordered pic related.
How fucked am I ?

be very paitent, there with be alot of mold line and flash that ALL has to get cleaned before you prime. wash in warm water with dish detergent and scrub each piece with a tooth brush. barrels will be bent and you have to fix them. and there is alot of detail to get fucked up by priming to heavily and painting to thick.

when I ordered that set the quality on the infantry was awful, I think the molds are old and on the way out, i'll be interested to see what sort of quality you get

What recipe for gold would you guys reccomend for Sigmarines? I've only ever used retributor and reikland fleshade in the past but I figure with the airbrush I could do 2 or 3 layers to make it brighter.
Also what are gloss shades good for? Used them once on a metallic and it looked weird.

Finally got the heads I was waiting for, and they're gonna work out great on my Minotaurs. Trimmed the sideways crest off, so they don't look as garish. Also

>Bitch about the heat all year
>Now that it's cold, miss the heat because I can't prime all these models

just built 5 more of these little planes .

Gonna start painting this skyship once the undercoat is dry.

>just built 5 more of these little planes

>tfw need to base Tenebral Shard
>tfw also priming and assembling a minotaur
>tfw also trying to alter all the basic lands in my modern deck
>tfw my Kingdom Death pinups just arrived
TOO MANY PROJECTS

SEND HELP

>tfw no money and just about nothing to paint

How do you get a similar colour to the armour on this thing?
What paints?

I know the feeling, i've got about 5 projects on the go at once

scratchbuild user.
I don't want to spend any more at he moment so I'm scratchbuilding everything from offcuts of other projects.

what do you guys think?

How's my big boi coming along? Also don't worry, he's going to be a lot less purple when I reapply the base colors.

a bit plain, could use some symbols or designs

i got some transferes for the mymeara symbol and some others. is there a guide for tranferes or is it just what looks good?

no guide I know of. Take a look at IA pictures

pukinganimegirl.jpg

I will never not hate this army

why don't they make plastic krieggers bros, why must life be so cruel

Okay, still working on my Engineers. This guy is set to carry some AT mines and I wanted a second opinion on this pose. The last guy had a rather unnatural looking pose and I took steps to correct it, though I couldn't quite use the arm people recommended because I had already used it on another guy in the same squad, there are many options for how to hold your rifle IF your willing to take a knife to enough offhands.

So how about this pose?

Because they have to make time to make all those new space marine models that you don't really want.

Are there any conversion tips for making Death korps models? Or any good counts as models out there?

>tfw so used to the primaris scale that any other SM mini-size is now turning me off

desu i was thinking of using the cadian bodyparts with:

victoriaminiatures.com/collections/heads/products/male-pickelhelm-heads-with-gasmasks-x10

victoriaminiatures.com/collections/backpacks-pouches-and-gear/products/camo-cloaks-x5-resin

however, money's tight at the moment, so yeah

Do these faces look sufficiently pained/dead/not potato?

The eyes are very cartoony

fucking brutal

Should have been lighter skin (Blood Loss) and deff no painted eyes. They would be looking straight down

Oh god he painted the eyes! Derpyness intensifies!

You're going to need a smaller brush, bro. Also, stick some Blood for the Blood God in his mouth so it looks less like a "DUUURRR" and more like he's coughing up blood.

Noble effort, though. And the 6 on that pauldron is damn near perfect.

Do I want just dark recesses where the eyes would be?

That's what I usually do, if you really want to paint the eyes, you could try using a toothpick to get them small enough

pic related is one of my guys without painted eyes

this guy's not too bad

youtube.com/watch?v=k84npvSDpsI

Just one more highlight of a blue and. The skin is done

do you guys have any guess to what color I should paint the armor of my blue orks? I'm kinda waging between yellow and red.

maybe orange?

working on some third party dwarf cannon crew
>tfw the gunnery master gets a pimp hat

nope

Kitbashed two bloat drones today, next to follow.

I had a bunch of extra pieces, wanted to make it look like the daemon inside was escaping its confinement.

Those look like Mardi Gras beads. Never thought of using something like that for a model.
Clever.

Like studio scheme for gold?

Retributor armor base coat, wash with Reikland flesh shade in the recesses, highlight with auric armor and liberator gold.

Then mix 3 parts medium w/ 1 part agrax and glaze the parts you want to dirty up.

No clue what they were originally, you may be right. They were just in my bitz box for some reason.

I came here for the square bases and was not disappointed.

Hopefuly fixed the worst of the gaps and made a bit more progress on him.
needs a bit more work but if all goes to plan he'll be finished tomorrow

Came in fourth with Armies on Parade

nice, got any pics of the other entries?

nah, I had stuff to do while the other entries set up and judging took place.

Does anyone have any idea who made this mini? I love it and would like to buy more of whatever line it is but I have no goddamn idea where it's from. I tried all of the online mini finders and crawled through multiple sites but I've been unable to find it and there's nothing on the base to give me a hint. Apologies for dust, poor paint job and potatocam.

Isn't that from DarkSword Miniatures?

That was the first place I checked.

I might have missed it, though, so I'll check again.

Last thread was fed before I could respond.
>Why the hell didn't I think of that?
>Those look great, user. I'm glad to see some NL players are willing to use the old bat-helms.
I made it a point to use them for my squad leaders. They're just doofy enough to be silly, but usable. Perfect for 40k.

>Are you planning on using any chainglaives?
Actually, I have a bunch magnetized at the shoulder that are currently attached to my actual raptors. I use them as Warp Talons. Mine are recast, so quality varies a little, but they're not that bad in terms of flimsiness. I will say that getting the arms to fit right can be a pain, though.

Just double-checked and nope, not in either their catalog or their sold out/retired list. They had a few that were superficially similar (armor, pose, etc.) but no dice.

I'm really feeling stumped here because the quality is excellent (looks way worse in the photos than it should due to potatocam, dust, paintjob and poor lighting, trust me) and in my experience that tends to speak to more recent production because the vast majority of the fantasy minis I own from the 80s and 90s are somewhere between "okay" and "survived a house fire". That hasn't stopped me from trawling minibase and dndlead, though.

Pretty sad state of affairs on Veeky Forums when I'm actually glad to see the old Alaitoc rage bait compared to the standard "synapse" "IGfags" "WAAC" "marinefags" bullshit.

that ship is cool. is there a mini line that has shit like that? like fantasy flying ships like you'd see in a video game

yeah as the other guy said it's pretty boring and could use some decals or something, but otherwise it's good

in related news I still need good weather to spray this up so I can finally paint it

do a red yellow checker pattern, should fit

Criminally underchecked get, even for Veeky Forums
Looking very nice user, been enjoying watching this one progress.

Finally had some time to redo the paint on my reworked Lord-Celestant.

Anyone know where to get bird skulls to use as decoration and|or weapon heads? I'm doing a Malal/Malice theme, and I remember that being old school Malal with the dude's axe. Pic related is the only thing I could thing of, but it's only on the old metal changeling.

nice to see one of the DGanons I miss the good old times of /hhg/

blood red or dark purple ( for Sneaky)

The loop in that chain looks kinda retarded. Sorry user

daaaamm, man, that looks great!
Though, if I'm gonna be honest, he almost looks a bit like a chaos lord.

Should I paint or glue the models together first? Bought a few boxes of guardsmen recently.

Glue them most of the way (leaving weapons off if they obscure the chest for instance), then paint them.

>Anyone know where to get bird skulls to use as decoration and|or weapon heads?
Owl pellets.

It's up to you. The more you leave off the easier it is to paint but the more pain in the ass it is to build.

WIP Ultramarines 5th Company Contemptor Dreadnought. Arms are magnetized, still needs highlights, touch-ups and transfers, of course.

Sigmarines that don't look like shit.

Color me impressed!

I swear one of the basing kits has some

>Left foot... blue!

I ENJOY THIS MORTAL SPORT OF TWISTER, BATTLE BROTHER

Only got third place out of six. Not really satisfied with it, even though I had those unpainted models. The board I would have been fine losing to ended up ranked below mine. The reason that was given to me was that my board didn't look like it presented a unified force unlike the two ones that did better. I can accept the first place, but the second just fell apart when looked at longer than a second. If anyone cares, you should be able to find the other boards on the games workshop oldenburg facebook page, it's in german. I got a handful of silver pins, second the golden ones and first place the bronze medal from last year, drybrushed gold.

Im working on my Novamarine Reiver
Still a bit left to tidy up, then shade and highlight

The head is 0,8 milimeters small.
Its pretty much impossible to paint the eyes... Maybe with a needle or something.

Your local blueshirt is pretty good.

First mini so far. Any tips? Its gonna be a space wolf.

I think you'd have won if you had finished painting everything

Yeah, that is clearly a reason, wouldn't do much about not presenting a unified force though. But I decided to do this too late, the board took longer than I thought, and I lost four days I should have had free. It wouldn't borther me this much, if I would like the ones that ranked better than me better. The nurgle board is the best painted one, and that got even less votes, so I'm not sure how much paiting even featured in for the people that voted. For reverence, the better black templer one got second place and the orks first.

Finished my kroxigor, very happy with them especially as they were done in about 5 days of work.

What's wrong with it?

Ayy lads, any recipes for a good red skin? I need to do a khornate DP but also would use it as practice for when I get to do Magnus. I don't like the magenta GW gave him, he should be a nice red.

My current WIP is my mechanicum, got the castellax and datasmith finished and so I'm trying to get these guys done. This if the first of two army I fully started after I decided to actually get better at painting (been in the hobby for about 8 years but I didn't get serious until I was about 17, I'm 18 now if that sheds any light on my situation.) really trying to go all out with my basing and display board for these guys, really hoping to get best newcomer at the tournament im preparing these lads for.

Where is the right one's spear from? Asking for a friend

I'm pretty partial for khorne>carroburg>khorne>successive mixes of khorne and evil suns scarlet up to pure scarlet, then mixing a bit of troll slayer in to brighten it for top highlights. It's a much deeper, ruddy red than they gave him on the official box.