Party spends an hour selling junk found in last adventure and haggling over buying products

>party spends an hour selling junk found in last adventure and haggling over buying products

Waste not.

Tell your GM to stop being a beta then

While spending the whole session doing that would be frustrating, it actually makes me a little happy if the players are willing to spend time fussing over things like that.
It shows they care enough about their dude's stuff that they're going to spend time squeezing a little coin here or there - especially if they're haggling/bartering in character. Just like real intrepid heroes would do on a day off after plundering dungeons and traveling.

Turn that process into something interesting.
Have an exotic merchant that buys certain items for a higher price, but only if they smuggle him some drugs for example.
Or have an NPC that takes an interest in one of their junk items and attempts to exchange it for something useful, a potion for example.
There are plenty of workarounds for this. If you are just sitting on the corner and doing nothing while players are spending their time haggling, you are a lazy and uninteresting DM.

the question is solved depending on who is complaining, are you another player in the group, or the DM?

If you are the DM, and all the players are getting into this, then work with it. It shows that this is where they get their jollies. Merchant-tism. Have competing vendors, or fluctiuations in local currency. Or certain goods dry up in some towns due to poor trade routes.

if you are the one player in the group who doesnt enjoy it, then you probably should talk to your gm and see if something can be done so they get there fun and you get yours.

They are just as prepared to spend that hour complaining about merchants having limited currency on hand or just not being interested in buying a grimy hatchet pried from a goblin's stiff paw.

This

If all your players are having fun, great! Maybe you should make sure you've got some kind of hook to pull them out of town and drop it in some conversation with merchant number 4. If one of your players isn't enjoying it, maybe do so with a bit more urgency or, dare I say it, talk to your players

So let them complain, NPCs aren't mindless automatons created to serve their every need. If the merchant can't/doesn't want to buy their shit that should be end of story.

In-between sessions if the players are in a town, I give each of my players a sheet with the local shops and their wares with prices. They actually update their sheets accordingly and let me know if they have any issues.

I have them too scared to try and sell anything, in case they might need it. I love these guys.

Considering this is one of the most fun parts of every feasible adventure, what's your problem, really? Unless you have a pre-made list of useful shit and/or your GM considers shopping a generic action where you list things and then make a roll for haggle (if at all), then this is absolutely normal.

It stops being normal when players don't get the memo merchant won't sell/buy something, no matter what, and keep pushing. It starts being cancer when the GM doesn't just flat out denies them further haggle, but is squirming under the pressure of own players and continues this bullshit, despite being unvilling to ultimately bend over.

>party is scouting a place
>infiltrator is doing his thing
>me and guy observing from car
>guy says it's boring
>tell him to go get something to eat
>he RPs walking supermarket isles on the search for spicy cup noodles for an hour

I loved it but the infiltrayor's player was miffed
In a game of stars without number I also spend two hours with the bureaucracy of renewing a anti-grav driver's license.
And a whfrp GM I know loves giving grand rewards that are tied to talking to extremely vexing bureaucrats.

>party spends an hour selling junk found in last adventure and haggling over buying products
>Junk

What kind of Junk and whom are they selling it to? Can you elaborate a little?
Players selling the shit they've scrounged is unironically one of my favorite parts of a game; it's great fun doing vendor npcs, buying and selling treasures, monsters parts, etc, but I can understand if you find it unbearable or if they're literally going all over town trying to find someone dumb enough to buy some useless piece of shit they found in a pit to.

>party spends an hour examining a single room
>the room is part of a larger dungeon and this process will be repeated for each room

>don't spend the time doing so
>go into a dungeon
>it's dark
>"we light a torch"
>GM gives the most shit-eating grin
>"did any one of you actually write it down on your list of possessions?"
>urge to strangle amplifies

It was the most egregious when one DM made a D&D game for 16 people, 10 of which didn't know anything about the system, and he asked players to help everyone fill in their character sheets. And, guess what, nobody had anything that resembled basic utility AND everyone still made characters for 2 hours.

>>GM gives the most shit-eating grin
So the GM saw this and was looking forward to it, rather than advising the players - most of whom were new - as to what was expected of them.

Sounds like a shit GM desu

>win a battle, enemy surrenders
>question the guy and he answers all questions, just wants to live
>before party decides his fate edgy Rogue says "I don't give a shit and slit his throat"
>Paladin doesn't care or even questions Rogue

You should never play out shopping scenes unless it's some major transaction involving real estate, hostages, or the PCs' souls. For everything else, I just decide whether the shop would stock something, look up what it costs, roll whatever skill represents haggling, and tell the player to take the offer or leave it.

>You should never play out shopping scenes unless
Unless the players enjoy it.

FTFY.

That's why I give new players pregens, with gear and skills and everything they should have to start with. Keeps things simple and fun, plus I can keep lethality high and not worry about it.

>Players having fun with game
>Players preparing in advance for another adventure
>Players avoiding the dreaded "Fuck, did anyone carry an X?" situation
It sounds like you are there only to roll dice and kill things, OP.

>Not using abstract resources
well deserved

>Ingested conditioned scroll of maximized fireball activates after condition: death is met.

>party spends an hour deciding how to transport a captured random bandit in hopes of getting a bounty