Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Nids Getting Cocky Despite Getting Jobbed More Than Abbadon edition

>Previous

>Warhammer Community news(The All-Devouring Swarm: New Tyranids Releases)
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/04/devouring-swarm-new-tyranids-releases/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=4PgYGOtzcZI&index=1&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.3):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ (1.2):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/159O-47YPQZjfr_N-J4oopmcAPREn5aZY7CXiWbIU_Mg/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My life for the swarm

Any news from Octarius?

I hear there's fighting.

Blood Angels and Dark Angels Should be squatted and put into Codex Space Marines.

No, they should be kept in the closet.

Fuck the haters

> Found out at the FLGS that GW no longer sells Imperial Primer in a pot
> Cute girl who plays D&D there waved at me

Today has been a rollercoaster of emotion

Naw, I can't wait to hear weeks and weeks about how slighted BA-fags are when they aren't turned into the best melee codex in the game. "Muh Death Company should be like flying, unkillable Khorne Berzerkers that can deep strike directly into CC."

I know you're rusing, but they play so differently from vanilla marines (as well as have so many exclusive units) that it would be dumb to do that.

Get Vallejo acrylic-polyurethane surface primer.

is there a reason why flesh tearers color scheme is the same as heresy era bkiid angels?

local tournie has 3 parts and one is 500 pts. what chaos soup units would be worthwhile to get me a leg up? I have mostly nurgle stuff

> Undercoating from a pot.

What the fuck is wrong with you...

Mortarion.

Probably something to do with being the very first BA successors.

Some people have uncooperative weather.

I've been using the Privateer Press P3 stuff because it works well and is only $3

>they play so differently from vanilla marines
No, they don't.

>500pts
>Mortarion and one Malefic Lord
PERFECT

Well you can spray inside, just get a particle mask and open the windows.

It rains on average a little more than 200 days a year where I live.

>Exclusive units
>Just Angry Marines, Special Vanguard Veterans, and 3 Special Dreadnoughts.
Oh yea so many exclusive units.

Does anyone know if the pheromone trail stratagem specifies or tyranid? I need to know if it works on genestealer cultists.

Random lore question. What would happen if a blank and psyker were cross bred artificially?

I can see Codex Marines and Non Codex Marines getting separate books, but I don't think we need literally books of space marines.

Space Marines, Blood Angels Space Marines, Dark Angel Space Marines, Grey Knights Space Marines, Death Watch Space Marines, Space Wolves Space Marines.

Fuck off, mate.

How dare you belittle their divergence. Tactical Squads that hit slightly harder on the charge play radically differently from regular Tactical Squads.

> Just get a particle mask and open the windows and get spraypaint all over your fucking apartment because airborne paint particles won't all go in the box

Stop being retarded

they didn't specify no LOW so that is possible. I considered putting in an order for a dual grav flux leviathan to be a real jerk but I want to stick to what I have and what is arguably not 100% cheese

Well it's impossible to be both so one or the other if any.

How many characters do you have in your army

Anyone try the different varient weapons on the Hellblaster squads? I've only ever faced the Incinerator, but I feel like the Assault and Heavy Variants might get some use somewhere. Hell, the Heavy variant if nothing else at least gives the Primaris SOME kind of long range firepower, yet I don't think I've ever seen it on the TT.

Don't forget special landspeeders and predators, dummy

Blood and Dark Angels would be relatively easy to roll into Codex: Space Marines. Deathwatch too.

Grey Knights and Space Wolves have too much junk though.

Do we have special Land Speeders?

Genetics. You'd get expression of one of the traits or neither. Likely you'd just get a fairly normal human.

3 Tank Commanders, 3 Company Commanders, 3 Commissars who are now playing as Platoon Commanders since Catachans get Ld. 8 either way, and a Techpriest.

Those Platoon and Company Commanders all get power swords. With orders, they can be surprisingly deadly in melee.

Of course it fucking does.

People have been spraying indoors for ages.

Truly, the placement of Assault Cannons onto a Predator renders the Blood Angels into a fighting force wholly distinct from their codex brethren.

DA do. Which is what I think he's referring to.

my wife for the swarm.

If they're going to roll everyone up we need two books. Like Horus Heresy. One with all the generic shit in and one with the 'legions' or chapters in. other wise it's going to be like 300 pages.

Usually 3-5. Some combination of Ahriman, Prince, Terminator Sorcerer, Changeling, Lord of Change/Kairos, Herald on Disc.

Hey guys. I remember seeing a Google Sheet for ork mathhammer "Orkz is for fightin" but I lost the link, does anyone have it to share again?

Honestly turning them back into an overcharged engines rhino rush army might be an interesting angle.

Do the new army sets save you any money or it just another one click collection type shit?

Also the new Nid start collecting is worse than the old one.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/159O-47YPQZjfr_N-J4oopmcAPREn5aZY7CXiWbIU_Mg/edit#gid=0

Ork characters should really cost a lot less considering how fucking many you need to buff your army

Or just add the ~10-15 pages needed. You'd only need maybe a dozen datasheets for their truly unique shit; many can be represented via wargear additions to existing models (just let all preds take flamers/assault cannons, let honor guard take jump packs, etc).

Since the difference between S6 and S7 is almost immaterial this edition, the Assault 2 version is probably best, as it can be fired after advancing and can fire two shots up to 24", much better medium-range firepower than the Heavy 1 or Rapid Fire 1 version.

Rhino Rush isn't exactly a unique playstyle, and "their Rhinos move an extra couple inches" is hardly a massive divergence from the norm.

Yeah but people want all the fluff text and stuff as well.

Morty will bring a bit of cheese, but you can't let him too far out in front.

user may i ask what army you play that you are so mad at Blood Angels?

So make the codex a bit bigger. The Space Marine codex could be doubled in size and still be smaller than a FW rulebook.

My guess is Bangels will generate extra attacks on 6's, and be able to advance and charge, or reroll charges.

I mean give them a rule like letting them disembark at the end of the movement phase. But my bad, I shouldn't have replyed to you. I didn't intend to join your argument about "BA shouldnt get a codex" or whatever.

>u mad
No, you stupid. Blood Angels just aren't that unique. They'll get their codex, but some of the wishlisting coming out of these threads is ridiculous.

yeah, but I don't have a morty model and would prefer not to drop 100ish bucks on something that I will ruin with a lazy paintjob.

I may go for a DG patrol with a fancy winged demon prince, MSU blight launcher PM, and some nurgle demon vehicles to fill out the back end

He got tabled by a BA player once and will continue to reeee about it forever

Re-roll charges seems unlikely given BT. Advance and charge seems boring but possible.

>My guess is Bangels will generate extra attacks on 6's, and be able to advance and charge, or reroll charges.
Unlikely. Look at what Black Templars and World Eaters got for sub-faction bonuses (and both of them are more melee centric and more restricted than BA).

>fluff

Our chapter is dead.
But we're replenished with Primaris© Aggressive Intracetors©©©. We are renewed.
the end

*Primaris© Adeptus Astartes© available at your local Games Workshop©

But wishlisting is part of the whole tradition of anticipating a new codex.

user that does not answer my question. What army do you play?

No user its only okay when the Guard eldar and nidfags do it. If you are a space marine you are suppose to want your codex to be as mediocre as possible.

Despite the validity or not of the whole "REEEEEEE BA aren't different" the fact remains that GW has a whole codex to work with for rules for them. BT and WE do not. I don't think you can assume that's the baseline.

Every marine gets wanked in the lore. Death Company are unsettling because they're delusional and degenerate.

does anyone have the picture of the nid stratagems from the codex that was posted a while ago?

Unless you're spraying wildly or using a tiny ass box you'll be fine.

A whole codex that will be primarily reprints from Codex: Space Marines.

Do you not see where balance issues would come in if BA get wildly better rules than other, more melee centric MEQ armies?

Just enough to meet minimum HQ requirements.

A lot of what made BA unique has been allowed to bleed into codex marines (Vanguard Vets) or just isn't relevant in 8th (FA favored force org manipulation).

So yes the Index isn't that different, but there is room for the codex to build that out if GW wants to.

user, the moment you resort to "u mad", you've lost.

No? Nobody is playing those armies at a competitive level. A BA dex won't change that one way or another. Rowboat and Raven Guard will continue to keep standard SM relevant.

Pheromone Trails works with any Tyranid infantry unit. Which means it works with genestealer cult units arriving from cult ambush.

With lictors on the map, you can guarantee at least a normal deep strike for your genestealer cultists units arriving from cult ambush.

That's pretty nice.

Whats this high STR stuff for carnifex about?

I was looking at math for dakkafexes in the new codex, and it looks like GW have ballsed up the balance again. Devourers are even with or outright superior to deathspitters against everything but toughness 7.

I am not arguing with you tho. I just want to know what army you play. If you want me to say im sorry for asking you why you seem to be angry about Blood Angels getting their own codex its not going to happen.

It's casual balance that would get fucked. Nobody but autists care about whatever cancer lists dominate the "competitive" scene.

I'm looking into getting into Dark Eldar and I am torn a bit I don't know which to focus on more the Kabal or the Coven. Biggest problem is I know how I would go about playing Kabal just out them in raiders and pretend the floor is lava, but I don't know I one should play coven and their monsters.

Anyone here have an idea on how a coven army should be played?

Yeah. Really good backup for bad ambush rolls.

not gonna lie, if someone tried to pull this on me in a real game, I'd just pack up my models and leave. That's pretty waacfaggy.

I like ur army.

I'd imagine that sex between the two would be extremely painful for the psyker for one.

>T'au
Tank buffs or something, they got Longstrike locked to them
>Viorlos
Fire warrior spam. Aggressive fire warriors
>Sacea
-1 to hit? Whatever urban warfare expert means
>Enclaves
Aggressive fire warriors. But BATTLESUIT spam

>casual balance
So I take it you're a BT or WE player and would be offended if BA get cool stuff because it doesn't fit the fluff for you? That's not really a balance issue, just sour grapes. Just because some subfaction rules are underwhelming doesn't mean they should purposely gimp a codex to be weaker than them. If they are going to do a whole codex on them then they absolutely SHOULD go all out making them cool. And besides I'm sure World Eaters will get their own dex with new toys down the line when they do Angron.

Fellow Nidfags

Monstrous Rending Claws is still the best melee option for Hive Tyrants.

Nid pdf when?

>codices pretty marines and codex gays
*yawn*

There's FAQ out about doing this stuff with Death Guard and CSM. The rules are clear at this point. It's just Nids doing their own version of a Imperial or Chaos Soup army.

Next saturday

What about ranged?

Typing that up, right now.

>codices pretty marines
Thats not till next year sometime

So nobody's bitching about Eldar post-launch. I can assume the "-3 to hit" thing was either a lie or cost too much?

How would I make a fluffy Kronos army? Competitiveness isn’t my main concern, I want a force that reflects the kinds of things nids would bring to fuck up chaos from a lore standpoint

Both actually

Hemlocks can only go to -2 and rangers don't put out enough fire power to warrant taking them.

Emperors Children are going to be such a fucking good release

>Noise Marines
>Phoenix Terminators
>Fulgrim
>several clampack characters
>some sort of sonic dreadnought or warmachine
>Maybe Sonic bikers/Doomrider

I can only get so erect

>the only way for BA to be cool is to better than everyone else
WAACfag please go and stay go.