Warhammer Fantasy General /wfg/

Warhammer Fantasy General

Best Career Edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

>We're looking for these novels for the archive (not updated)
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer 2: store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide 2: store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Age of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Doomwheel: katsugames.com/doomwheel

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_APEDVtggYw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why are Slayers so shit?

because they're naked soyboy cucks fucking poor manlets

That's a strange way to spell awesome.

Requesting art of non-mutated non-gigantic-armored Chaos warriors.

I will update the OP with the missing books eventually lads... one day... but it is not this day.

EAT BIG TO GET BIG

FOUR SCOOPS OF WARPSTONE, CMON

They can't not make WFRP 4e forever

How is your actual tabletop army coming along /wfg/? I'm putting together some Infernal Guard right now. Drazhoath the Ashen is next.

It's unfortunately packed up in boxes because I'm living in another country but it's ready for my return.

I need a small project I can do while I'm over here, something I can take with me as hand luggage since I wouldn't trust them to not smash the shit out of it in the hold.

I have my skaven army gathering dust, but I am painting a screaming bell at the moment. I am hoping to post in the local wargame Facebook group and pick up a game soon.

they're all on rounds because nobody near me plays fantasy, so I've got dwarves multibased for kow though

Why would you rebase your miniatures on round?

On rounds you can play... AoS... maybe some other obscure skirmish games.

On Squares you can play KoW, Fantasy, Mordheim, AoS... if you really wanted to I guess.

There is no advantage to rounds whatsoever.

> INB4 they look better.

But they really don't though...

our club plays mordheim on round, there's no facing and it's a skirmish game

we also play osprey games

Again though, you can play Mordheim and Dragon Rampant on squares, you can't play Fantasy on rounds though.

Saga though

rounds are more accurate when measuring 360degree ranges

Squares are only good for regiments, you dont even need them for KoW, you can just have a movement tray for rounds. You can even play Mordheim on rounds and it even looks better

And AoS doesnt deserve the hate it gets.

I’m looking to GM the RPG, and I have a few mechanical questions. Specifically, has anyone sat down and mechanically differentiated the weapons, or are “Hand Weapons” just going to be the general category?

Would it break things tremendously if I gave the priest Initiate career a point of magic given that the casting number is pretty high in most cases?

Speaking of which, any home brew Magic that isn’t horrifically broken? Realms of Sorcery just seemed somewhat limiting to me.

Thanks for any replies.

Begone shill.

Nobody in life gets what they deserve.

Maybe if your measuring with industrial grade lasers, for most people it makes no difference.

It's possible to distinguish hand weapons, and the Old World Armory offers some ways to do so, but if you go beyond that you have to be very careful. 2e has a pretty balanced weapon system, but like all systems the more you add the harder it is to balance.

t. guy who tried to make a bunch of different weapons and ended up with the pathfinder syndrome, ie a ton of options but only a few of them viable

That daunting feel when you remember Age of Sigmar literally cannot be undone.

> The Chaos Warrior is not a complete game.

I kind of wish it was.

No.

Someone tried but it was shit.
Stick to "hand weapons" and make a difference only when your party finds a best quality item

I look at it this way, stormfags were going to happen. I'd rather they be in a separate game than GW just gutting Fantasy and wearing its corpse like Bill from Silence of the Lambs.

Now it will be immortalised forever in it's glorious 80's form.

On tabletop their lack of any kind of defense roll makes them easy pickings for the enemy ranged units, while their low initiative means you need at least 30 of them to attack a small unit like a giant or some trolls, making them poorly cost-effective.
In the RP their lack of armor makes them very easy to kill, especially early on, but they are tough and with some luck they can become some absolute monsters. The real drawback is they can't use shields, and shields save lives

Deathblow means they can hit back even when they die though. Remember you can also give them Vanguard. Still, compared to the rest of the Dwarf Special they're not a standout choice.

I don't play 8th.
Apart from that this deathblow rule seems like a placebo to make you feel like you didn't waste your points. Plus i don't think it works with ranged attacks.

Vanguard is and has always been shit. It basically allows you to isolate your units and make them easy pickings saving your enemy the trouble

> I don't play 8th.

Well you should have specified that since it's the latest edition.

Deathblow pretty much does what it says on the tin, every Slayer that gets into combat will always get to strike at least once, so their low initiative was somewhat mitigated.

Vanguard is very good when used correctly on gyro-copters and helps Slayers escape a round of shooting.

As I say though they competing with all the artillery, Hammerers and Ironbreakers in Special, which are all much easier units to use than Slayers.

So I've reread some of the elf army books of 6th edition and I wondered, why they turned most of them into Asian looking guys and girls with black contacts? With the whole almond eyes shtick and such.

Does anyone of you know?

To not make them look like thin humans

Ayy lmao Elves?

Just artistic choice really. Some Elves still have the solid black eyes, some have pupils, just depends who's in charge.

Because it's the best edition.

This brings an interesting point up.

Which unit do you love for their fluff or their models, but can't be bothered to use on the TT because of shitty rules or great alternatives competing for the same slot, anons?

Well I never let the rules get in the way of good models but Chaos Chosen are pretty shit on the TT. Just no use for more elite Warriors really, they're good enough to beat most things already.

Slayers, Goblin wolf riders and chaos marauders. Also gyrocopters because in 6th ed you want cannons.
Hammerers are in this list too if you don't field them with a Lord

Welves vs. Delves.

youtube.com/watch?v=_APEDVtggYw

Rp question.
How much magic is too much magic?
Speaking about magical items and weapons, how rare are they in your campaign? I thought i could give my players a little magical item when they clear a barrow from its wight and dire wolves occupants, but they just started the campaign and are still early in their first career

when the fuck is the empire and bretonnia going to get doggos?

I'm sorry what?

Which army is best for Multiple Small Units and why?

Bretonnia because it's 90% cavalry and you can field multiple small units for high mobility
Dwarfs because even if small their infantry is rock solid
Empire for the parent and support units

Chaos Spawns definitely. They're a goldmine for conversions and their fluff is perhaps my most favorite part of the warhammer setting yet on the tabletop they're just rubbish. Their only semi decent thing is that for an additional 20 points you get a lvl 3 breath weapon on them which can come in handy. They still have no defense and shitty random movement however.
If I were to design them I'd skip the random movement and give them a bunch of optional upgrades so that you could customize them to your own desires.

They're overpriced aye but it's just so hard to say no to a festus-buffed block of T5 halberdiers. Granted I wouldn't ever think of squeezing them in to a list smaller than 2500 points.

I wouldn't be against having them bunched up into a unit as proper monstrous infantry like they did in TW either.

Just out of curiosity...

If GW said 'right guys, we're bringing back fantasy but it's going to be the Horus Heresy of 40K, ie. you have the lore and the models but the rules are an amendment of the AoS rules'.

Would that float anyone's boat?

4e will be good, and it doesn't matter how long we have to wait as long as it is.

Well I give my regular warriors halberds and it's diminishing returns after S5 since 9 times out of 10 they'll just be hacking into T3/5+.

I bought some models and used them as my unit champions though.

I'm practically certain it's going to happen.
Spire of Dawn is basically that, Poorly masquerading as an AoS release.

I feel people here like Rank-and-file too much to enjoy round bases though.

Well I'm of the opinion that 28mm is not a good scale for rank and file... but AoS just doesn't have enough depth and rank and file is an easy way to have depth by having facings. So it's a difficult one. You could have SAGA style rules but that wouldn't suit AoS's 40 man blobs.

I think SoD was just them printing some free money with already made casts.

What should be the formation of choice for 30 Savage Orc Boy Big Ones?

I'd be ok with it since it would be the only way to have fantasy back.
But sincerely i'm starting to prefer things as they are now with the setting dead and everyone free to play with the rules they want and use the lore they prefer. Much like D&D.

Warhammer was first and foremost a skirmish game. It'd be nice for it to go back to the roots

I would say 6X5.

If only someone had the balls to go through the AoS books and change all the names to their correct version... seeing Orruks instead of Orc makes my scrotum retract into my body.

I didn't know that I wanted Warhammer SAGA, but now I really, really do. I might have to get to work on a conversion if I can't find one.

>Well I give my regular warriors halberds and it's diminishing returns after S5 since 9 times out of 10 they'll just be hacking into T3/5+.
That undoubtedly the more prudent pick.

>I bought some models and used them as my unit champions though.
Neat. I myself use the same unit interchangeable as warriors or chosen.

What said.

Beastmen in general

Has your character ever encountered a hard counter to their playstyle?

What game are you talking about?

Nope
Already planned my budget to enlist 501st legion
>Spire of Dawn
They aren't producing it anymore

WFRP, or WFB if applicable

WFRP doesn't offer "playstyles" that can be countered.

Honestly, their decision to use yellow as the default color for Ork armor causes way more mental trauma to me.

A priest that knows his salt and is high enough in his first career could easily kill a single Wight
But it's true in WFRP shields are the true god-items

I wish Chaos Spawns ever actually looked like this The Thing-esque monstrosity. Why can't this be the model in TWW?

you mean like this?

too many charlemagnes

Mine are still in boxes and bags. There always seems to be something in the way of painting them, either another step I have to do first or just it not being the right time of year (gets too cold to prime in the garage).

I wish I could figure out how to weaken the bonds of superglue without ruining plastic figures.

Que?

What exactly happened to the Norse Dwarfs? Was only Kraka Drak destroyed by Valnir or the entire realm?

What the hell is going on with 4th edition? There is 0 news in months.

How fun are the prebuilt adventure paths for WFRP 2e?

I've heard some people say they're amazing and some people say they're rushed or boring.

Do you have to do anything special to run them and make them good?

Daemonettes
>costs as much as a chaos warrior with a shield
>T3
>only 5++ that can be mitigated by magic
>2 S4 attacks
>only M5
>special rule only makes enemies in contact -1LD

surthaEk.png

ODIN'S PIZZA PLACE

I can't wait to cut up fucking Nurgle shits. Please let us get extra gory dismemberment like in Vermintide 1.

>Specifically, has anyone sat down and mechanically differentiated the weapons, or are “Hand Weapons” just going to be the general category?

There are houserules for that, but I don't use them. I only differentiate best handweapons in my game.

>Would it break things tremendously if I gave the priest Initiate career a point of magic given that the casting number is pretty high in most cases?

You also need Channel, Magical Sense, and Petty Magic (Divine) to be open to make any use of that 1 point. It wouldn't destabilize the game much, but miracle working priests are supposed to be rare.

>Speaking of which, any home brew Magic that isn’t horrifically broken? Realms of Sorcery just seemed somewhat limiting to me.

See attached.

And more.

I liked it

>limiting magic
That's the point. Magic in warhammer is more of a burden than it's worth if you follow the rules of the colleges

God I love all the little details in all the roleplay books.
I don't know why but I got a real kick calculating the distances to each o the towns between Averheim and Wurtbad.

Does anyone know where I could get some good female dwarf and halfling models?

WFRP questions:

Did the original Enemy Within campaign (not the 3e remake) ever get a 2e rerelease?

Verminlord
Pros: I got the Forgeworld model aND it's sexy. I love the idea of this rat daemon playing chess with the skaven.
It's a huge fucking "shoot me turn one and waste 200 points" wizard. It's got potential in battle from its weapon, but it's stats make it pretty garbage in a fight. But if it's out of combat, every ranged weapon in the game is trained on it.

A good deal of them really, but the Arachnarok for Orcs&Goblins is a particular stinker.

go back to your containment thread

The fuck are you talking about? Verminlords are pre end times, and I'm talking about table top.

It's the same shitposter from before. I don't know why he's not banned.
I don't like Age of Sigmar much, either, but this guy just spergs out at the mention of anything remotely related to it and tells everyone to go back to their containment thread and anyone who doesn't hate it with as much vitriol as him is a shill and other such bullshit.
When you see his pattern of shitposting, just report and ignore. He'll try to say some retarded things for some (you)'s, but you have to stay strong and not point out what a fucking tiny-dicked little pile of assburgers he is.

I love when characters wear fur over their armor or on cloaks or something. I wish Bretonnian characters had more of an excuse for it.

No
While a cool concept, i will never not be mad about what the verminlords did in End time.
I don't play 8th but i always suggest to use one as an unaligned daemon prince

well considering that 99% of the time its just to show off and look fancy or show off some monster you killed, i would think it would be MOST common for bretonnians to do