Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Augmentations_In_The_Social_Context__A_comprehensive_Analysis.zdf
>Cyberpsychosis__Is_Society_affecting_it?.trid
>Chrome_Junkies__outliers_or_trend?.zdf
>Etiquette_101.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 50 (10% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer. Just wanted to apologize for calling you a Jarhead. Friends?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Ostracization.BTL...

>Stay on the right path
>Conserve your body
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut off a part of you for a dragon

Social circle Edition
What social circles is your runner walking?
Chromeheads? High-Society? Syndicates? Academics? Wageslaves?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mass_murder_in_Russia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hes the son of an ex lone star detective who, for reasons I wont go into, ended up as a second story man. So he rubs shoulders with cops (old friends of his father), crooks and a cab driver named Vin. Vin is his best friend.

Since good boys were mentioned in the last thread, how do i create pic related for shadowrun ?
AI with quadruped drone. also how do I do AI without sucking a million equestrian dongs ?

just do an augmented dog with body armour, those exist in count zero so it makes more sense fluff-wise

>AI with quadruped drone. also how do I do AI without sucking a million equestrian dongs ?
You don't. At best you take a few zeroes off the number of dongs involved.

Use karmagen, and piloting origins.

So just an pimped out awakend shifter ?

>just do an augmented dog with body armour, those exist in count zero so it makes more sense fluff-wise
Snow Crash too.

wait can you not have animal companions in shadowrun

seems kinda odd that you can't buy guard dogs or something

The awakening of magic fucked up wireless matrix signals. 3e becomes canon.

But I want to BE the good boy.

Stats for them are given, but no information at all about costs, either to buy or keep. I vaguely remember some homebrew about basic pets (common cats, dogs, etc) being posted on here, but nothing substantial

how would you even roleplay that

is there a quality for having submetahuman intelligence

Sup Veeky Forums, I wanted to make up some IC news to get my players into the setting, and I was thinking about a heist where the runners got set up by their J and ended up arrested. Any idea how I could get players to understand the Jonhson was a dick without it being too bullshit? I planned to use a retired runner's alternate news node or something, but I don't see how he could spill the beans without finishing between four planks

Metatype: Troll

AI good boy would be fine, highly intelligent but naive.

there's something in the player's handbook about trolls being of average intelligence and having the highest literacy rates

>IR-vision
>reading
Pick one.

it's in the fluff for 5E, idc if you believe me

Do you think elves and orcs wear sunglasses at all times so they aren't blinded by lowlight vision?

Thats because they live in abandoned libraries so the ceilings are high enough not to fuck with them

I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can see through all this neon light

Does a grapple hand automatically retract after extending, or can the winch be controlled freely?

Latter, especially considering you can even control the pace at which it retracts.

Do you think cats do?

>idc if you believe me
I respect your grownup ways.

>Do you think cats do?
that's literally what cats do with their eyes
>I respect your grownup ways.
if you really respected my ways you'd read the sourcebooks and not be a filthy metaracist

>Do you think cats do?
hmmm licking their ass?

you do know that their IR-vision is not an replacement but an extension of the spectrum they see in, right? You are just memeing, right?

TFW you can't be your own master now.

Are there seriously no good walker drones/small vehicles ?

Maybe take an ARES Cheetah (R5 p138) and fluff it as a wolf?

The problem is not that you want a good walker drone; you want a great one with a lot of mod slots so you can yerz it out. There's literally a Cheetah drone if you wanted quadruped hunting drones that fight in melee, but they are not the kind of thing you want to be your one and only drone - very little mod capability.

As a rule, trying to be a one-drone pony is hard, AI or rigger. The only reason faggots have a hardon for AI drone combatants is because they mod it with regular cyberlimbs and put metahuman armour on top, not because the base drone is good.

That's actually a sound argument, i will look at the cheeta again and maybe have a monday/tuesday/Sunday Dress, etc.

Thanks.

Okay cheeta is not as cost effective as i thought. It's only upside is it's speed. Maybe i will go with anthro drones, but where will all that sweet cyberpunk symbolism go ?

You can have a couple of Cheetahs for running around, a Mule with some heavy artillery, and ask about refashioning a Scuttler into a mouse-looking thing for stealth. Be a herd.

You can be a mechanimal if you want, it's just hard to do (first going AI, then going into non-anthro Walkers only).

Still find it very hard to pull of to any meaningfull degree.

How does "a Transhuman and breeded corp.Drone who notices that there is a real world out there, escapes but becomes paraplegic in the process" sound for the "own master now" concept ?

>where will all that sweet cyberpunk symbolism go?
Certainly not with some guy who just wants to make his shtick works and justifies it with "symbolism"

>guy who just wants to make his shtick works
yeah
>justifies it with "symbolism"
Now you going trog. Mind to elaborate ?

I wish shadowrun was a better system and setting.
So many bog standard cyberpunk things are impossible, or require extreme munchkining to pull off.
Similarly, so many bog standard fantasy things are impossible or require extreme munchkining to pull off.

What would a UV host look like? How would one be able to construct one personally? WOULD someone be able to set one up personally (assuming you're not Lofwyr or Villiers)?

>What would a UV host look like?
Exactly like real life. That's the whole point.

You can't make one. The leaders of computing and an AI beyond human comprehension or constraint managed to make one, and there are a couple more from the most bleeding edge laboratories in the world. A person can't make a regular host without reams of paperwork and sponsorship from a government or megacorp, let alone the computing knowledge necessary to put it together.

Wanting to GM a Shadowrun campaign since I love the setting and have a good setting in mind. What's the best edition to get into coming from DND5e?

Such as?

2e if you want old-school Shadowrun, with Cyberdecks the size of Skateboards and wires everywhere
4e/5e if you want new wireless Shadowrun. Both have their problems

What's the difference between Food Fight and Fast Food Fight?

One is shit, the other is putrid shit.

>AK-97 and some other assault rifles are restricted instead of forbidden
For what end ? When are you going to get away with carrying around an assault rifle ? Even if it's just found in the trunk of your car and someone buys that you're going to the firing range the lie won't hold up past the first shootout as cops and security companies will be on the lookout for people armed with the weapons used in it.

>For what end ? When are you going to get away with carrying around an assault rifle ?
Ghouls, Devil Rats, and Halloweeners are all things that your average commuter in the Seattle Metroplex might have viciously attack then without it even making the evening news. Gangers shoot at cars on the highway for giggles, and there are wide swathes of cities where cops simply won't go. It's perfectly normal and reasonable to seek the firepower, range, and rate of fire necessary to take on those kinds of threats. As such, you can get registered to carry one, especially if you're involved in security, pest control, or other high-risk professions whether you're even more likely to deal with those kinds of threats.

>Even if it's just found in the trunk of your car and someone buys that you're going to the firing range the lie won't hold up past the first shootout as cops and security companies will be on the lookout for people armed with the weapons used in it.
Sure, if they were uncommon. This isn't some white bread upper middle class 2017 American suburb we're talking about, though. So they're not uncommon.

Shadowrun isn't the police state, surveillance state, or nanny state that most developed nations have become IRL. It's borderline anarchy in the streets. People wear armored clothes and jackets as normal casual/formal fashion statements. People carry assault rifles in their trunks in case they're attacked by hordes of flesh-eating monsters. Entire city-sizes districts of sprawls look more like Fallout than anything else.

Now, sure, openly carrying it into a high-security corporate location wouldn't be allowed, no matter how legal it is for you to own in general. But in general, Shadowrun is overflowing with real threats that demand real firepower, and its laws reflect that.

There are also many places where stuff like sword and other melee weaponry are also simply fashion or part of you social status.

how about the simple intelligent combat robot, which requires a bunch of munchkining to even be comparable to any other party member?

Which is which? And if they're so shit, why does everyone suggest starting with them?

An example is elves. There are plenty of places where elves are simply expected to have swords due to racial stereotypes, so if you're carrying one at your hip it's completely normal.
Likewise, I'd expect Trolls to get away with carrying a pair of Knucks if they have been 'yerzed out'.

Awakened are a great example of that. Weapon Foci are common enough that it's fairly normal to expect Awakened to have a magic knife/sword - for Astral Combat if nothing else..

spotted the europoop

Basically, geting something like a combat knife and a holdout with gel/taser rounds through security should not be a problem at all... as long as they are not butt ugly.

>When are you going to get away with carrying around an assault rifle ?
Sprawl Sites' sprawl law chapter is a good reference for this.

People do Astral Combat?

Adepts make sense as NPCs, not so much as Players.

Fast Food Fight has more in common with the typical structure of a shadowrun (meeting the Johnson, doing some legwork, payoff), while Food Fight starts you in media res.

How often are full auto assault rifles used in the streets of the Seattle ? A weird spot to draw a line at, rather than shotguns or submachine guns.

In shadowrun seattle?
Would not be suprised if it were every minute on average.

Because /srg/ is full of unimaginative simpeltons.

And the fast one is worse.

Let me guess, you're the kind that is shocked and appalled when they see a firearm in real life.

(Open) carry is an inalienable human right, as is gun ownership. And it shall not be infringed.

For a simple one-shot starter the Fast Foods are both fine. The other user is just one of /srg/'s embittered contrarians. They're best ignored.

>(Open) carry is an inalienable human right
Open carry is as licensed as concealed carry.

Why is 'ware so expensive to get in 5e and why is it so hard to put an lid on awakened so they can't just cherry pick the best of them ?
Also while on that topic, why is there so few ware that let's sammys do NEW things, instead of just slightly improving the normal stuff they do.

in build grapple gun is nice and you can do alot of stuff with it.
Cybergills turn a life or death enviroment in an sunday stroll.

Well, that's all i can come up with from the top of my head.

This crawler looks impractical as fuck

>How often are full auto assault rifles used in the streets of the Seattle ?
There must be at least a dozen firefights daily across the Redmond barrens alone.

>A weird spot to draw a line at, rather than shotguns or submachine guns.
One reason could be be that high powered rounds missing their target and going through walls and shit is seen as more of a problem than SMGs basically using the equivalent of pistol ammo. Higher chance of bystanders being killed. There's also a point where you don't want everyone being more heavily armed than the security forces. That would explain being Forbidden, but doesn't explain the inconsitency of some just being Restricted though. Maybe that inconsitency comes down to arms manufacturers leaning on governments to get R instead of F. Maybe some F ratings are because of exclusive contracts with a client (e.g a weapon made solely for the UCAS military, etc)

/pol/ pls go

Because the writers are faggots with a Major wankboner for Magic shittery, but no fucking idea about Cyberstuff.
Also:
>leaving your home without an internal air-tank
>ever
prolly one of the first Augments i'd get IRL.

Constitutional carry, motherfucker.

And you're just making the point that states are blatantly violating the constitution.

We all know California is a tumor on everything America stands for, user.

>Why is 'ware so expensive to get in 5e
Because they raised *most* of the prices to meet what they're actually worth compared to adept powers.

>why is there so few ware that let's sammys do NEW things
Because they haven't done this for at least the past two editions, possibly longer.

>Constitutional carry, motherfucker.
Welcome to the sixth world, chode.

Sounds like somebody just finished jacking off to another mass shooting footage.

Do you think that commie shit I was responding to lives in the sixth world, nigger?

Unironically the price of freedom. As long as people have rights, there will always be people who would abuse those rights. If you want to live without rights, go to a Russian prison.

You're a babbling fuckwit and probably drunk too. Fuck off.

Are you the militia user?

You bring up Russia but they allow gun ownership and I don't recall recent mass shootings there.

Ideas: every point of lost essence increases drain by one point and minimum possible drain by one.

Spirits don't come with a full sack of murder when summoned by reducing the standard number of powers and their effect. I'm looking at you, animal control.

Enable shit. Cyber glider wings which could double as limited cyber limbs.
Improved breed of FAB to sense magic sources better.
Better stealth 'ware that doesn't force you to run around in a G-string to be effective.
Ducking personal rocket and/or projectile defense fields if that's your thing.
Rocket feet anybody ?

Yes. All able-bodied US males are. Why? 2A doesn't apply to just the militia.

>they allow gun ownership and I don't recall recent mass shootings there.
Of course, most shootings happen when the shooter loses all hope. Can't lose all hope when you don't have any

10th amendment, user. The Feds trample on it most of all, especially the Supreme Court who invented Judicial Review out of whole cloth.

One of the most unrealistic parts about SR to me, politically speaking, is the idea that cutting the US of A up would be anything other than a fantastic, long overdue thing.

>Russia
>gun ownership
Yeah, 5 fucking years with a shotgun until you can buy a rifle. So free.
And Russia has mass shootings all the time, they just aren't reported. Protip: most "mass shootings" aren't what you think they are, and they're a negligible problem anyway.

I'm gonna homebrew a piston punch as ware for my street samurai. No idea how, but he really likes mecha anime, so I'll probably find a way.

Thinking about taking "Consummate Professional" for my sorta-Face.
Do you think its to cheesy or alright?

>Advantages: The consummate professional has proven
he’s worthy of being treated better than a typical assassin.
Gain a +2 Dice Pool bonus to social interaction rolls when
interacting with employers.
Disadvantages: The flip side to having as much discretion
as the consummate professional does is that it’s much
harder to be known for your work. Divide total Karma by
20 (instead of 10 as normal) and round down in order to
determine Street Cred.

Sounds like it's more about losing their sanity than hope. Go back to taking your meds user.

Sure, most shootings don't happen because the cops use thermobaric warheads in hostage situations.

If you think state oversight and police brutality is a thing in the US, it's a goddamn art-form in Russia.

>sanity
>russians

If you don't think it's a problem then either you're delusional or got used to it which says much about your country. From what I see the last shooting they had was in 2014 compared so not only they have a freedom to possess guns, but also the brains to not hand them out like candy to people on verge of psychotic breaks.

How easy is it to play lesbots and cydorks in Shadowrun?

>Fact: you are statistically more likely to be struck by lightning than die in a mass shooting
>mass shootings not a negligible problem
Do you walk around in a full body condom to protect yourself against lightning strikes?

How would one go about removing enforcement of maximum drone armor in chummer? I disabled character creation rules enforcement but no dice.

That sounds awesome and you should totally do that

But to use it as example; your Sammy punches now and hurts things, With his new arm he will punch harder if hurt bigger things. He is doing the same thing as before, just better.

When a made buys a new spell he has a completely new thing like shaping steel, throw fire, creating force barriers or convincing illusions. He gets a new thing, an add on, not just an update.

It's an inbuilt rule thought. You can increase armour as much you like but it'll just reduce speed and acceleration until you're immobile.

I've always seen it as a situation not dissimilar to the Soviet Union.
"Anyone who doesn't miss the Old US has no heart. Anyone who wants it back has no brain."
pic somewhat related

It stops going up at BODx2 no matter how much you stack on, unfortunately.

I do not walk around with a metal rod in the storm but if my house would get hit by lighting multiple times a year I would consider investing in a lighting rod rather than insisting it's not an issue.

If you take it, I'd expect you to play it. You never talk about your previous work. Runners generally have a reputation because they let details slip - not you.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mass_murder_in_Russia

Hard-ish. It seems like something you could work up to over time but even with karmagen I've yet to find a satisfactory way for an AI to 'be' in a drone all the time from the outset. At some point some asshole is going to link-lock you and the only way out is to kill that IC or brick that deck. If you're link-locked in a device that doesn't have Attack, or don't own a cyberdeck that's running a nice rating 6 Agent, or don't have a friendly decker/technomancer at hand, then you're fucked. You can try to Emulate attacks but the OS and dice pool penalties are ugly. Covering yourself in reversed Universal Mirror Material (which is iffy by RAW) would protect you a lot but also be a huge hindrance. Maybe other anons have better ideas.

>women don't have the right to bear arms