That makes a warrior true
If you think your muscles do
You don't have a clue
It's a matter of integrity
Trust and loyalty
It's to know about wrong or right
That makes you a knight

With lightning.

Noble, with a hint of smug. Especially patronizing towards squires, and always sweet-talking with the fairer sex, no intercourse though, that would not be noble.

A knight is sworn to valour,

His heart knows only virtue,

His blade defends the helpless,

His might upholds the weak,

His word speaks only truth,

His wrath undoes the wicked.

I suffer well

By allowing my hubris to corrupt my motives.

>How do you knight, user?
>I bard

Like this:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Terrail,_seigneur_de_Bayard

By plunging my sword into as many maidens as possible,

Are the lions screaming in fear of the fish ready to devour them?

By abusing the peasantry as is my birthright.

notto disu shit again

Protect the weak. Maintain perfect conduct. Honor your lord. Honor the gods.

A peasant whom was taken in by a local vassal to the king, and made a war fighter. In this war, he rolled well and came out alive. After returning from war, he was honored as a Knight to the Vassal, whom became a Duke via outlandish Promotions! and earned greater tracks of land. Over a few years of hunting, marching, and brawling in service to the Duke, the knight became very head strong and greedy. He took part in the plot to assassinate the Duke he served, which failed miserably. He had a small part in the quest and was exiled, while his Knight brethren were all executed. Now the poor sod is a wandering drunk capable of kicking an ass or two, and has recently begun a personal redemption crusade with a group of other miserable rejects. Their goal: Operate a circus by day, and be roving vigilantes by night - with some comic relief.

I mean, the knights gotta eat somehow. If it means seizing the crops of a village, sucks to be them.

This is how I Knight.

Follow whatever oaths you swear, but make damn sure you've sworn to the right cause. There's no honor in serving a tyrant, after all.

This.

>not playing the honorable knight forced into serving madmen by his oaths

this is how you truly knight

Pay me enough and I'm yours.

There are limits however.

Chitin

As a stalwart shield for my friends

I try to act as pompous as possible while looking fabulous

I'd Alva if I thought I could do it justice
>Perseverance to the point of naivety, so determined to do what's heroic and just you become a laughing stock to the more jaded masses, and a will so indomitable it inspires and softens even the coldest hearts.

>Also capable of making hateful enemies into lifelong allies with the power of a gentile dicking

Homoerotic devotion to a beautiful yet effeminate liege lord prince who I am sworn to protect.

I feel like a true loyal knight can't top his lord but at the same time bottoming to a twink seems wrong.

This knigga gets it.

First never bottom to a twink. Second what true an loyal knight would not embrace his lord, if his lord so wished?

Then we're in agreement, Burnt Ivory King is best King.

It works if your liege lord is a power bottom

>"There must be more to life"

A sword of the king does not ask why it's target must die. It cuts without question or mercy. My liege has given me great things and so I shall accomplish great deads to serve him.

Bush Knighting my way around. Not really giving a shit about being Fancy.

Raise a small bandit band do outlawish things

My Prince is to pure and gentle for that.

The only way worth doing it, a noble giver of aid to those in need.

The mission of each true knight, his duty, nay, his privilege...
To dream, the impossible dream!
To fight, the unbeatable foe!
To bear, with unbearable sorrow!
To run, where the brave dare not go!

To right, the unrightable wrong!
To love, pure and chaste from afar!
To try, when your arms are too weary!
To reach, the unreachable star!

This is my quest, to follow that star!
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far!
To fight for the right, without question or pause!
To be willing to march into Hell for a heavenly cause!
And I know, if I'll only be true, to this glorious quest!
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm, when I'm laid to my rest...
And the world, will be better for this!
That one man, scorned and covered with scars!
Still strove, with his last ounce of courage!
To reach the unreachable star!

Glorified murderhobo with somewhat twisted moral code.

Are your friends autistic child, lazy sleazebag, and literally worst girl?

A sword that cuts without question, without thought, without conscious, is no better than the guillotine of a tyrant lord. To take a life, to end a person, you must always question your cut, question if it is right, question if it is true, for there is no greatness in mindless slaughter.

By dunking on my enemies.

I shall become an unyielding wall. A wall that the weak can hide behind till they are strong, a wall that the downtrodden can cling to and pull themselves up, an unbreakable wall that will weather any foe!

>I came here to post this pic.
Good job user.

Then make sure you don't complain when you're at war and you get injured and a bunch of peasants come out of nowhere and gut you with spears while you roll around, screaming in agony in the mud, and then said peasants loot your corpse for your expensive armor and weapons.

mangakakalot.com/manga/ichigeki_matsumoto_jiro

A knight must be ready to give anything to fulfill his oath. Whether his life, his honor, his identity, or even his soul.

whats the purpose of the cape

Looking awesome

Fashion, darling

>Armored
>Grim
>Large
>Strong

as if a true knight would give a shit to vanity he i'd be too busy slaughtering the degenerate

youtu.be/HWYLFizhjHs

Capes double as blankets on the especially chilly days, and also can work as a good distraction. Degenerates won't see your sword coming if your cape is in the way. Also if you encounter someone who is on fire, wrap them in that shit and put them out.

Questioning is for scholars, heroes, and holy men. Great works are not great for my own sake, they are my service. Obedience is the truest form of honor.

THIS KNIGHT

To question is to live, to grow stronger, if you do not question then you stagnate, grow weak, and lose the beauty of life. A great deed is only great by those who view it as such, what you consider a service to your lord could be a crime to those beneath your lord. Obedience is a road towards foolishness, to obey without question is to blind yourself to your own actions, is that what you are, sir knight? A blind fool wandering around by his leash, waiting for his lord to sic you upon some target?

All of this just sounds like oath-breaking, duty-dodging, wishy-washy justifications to me. Is that what you're trying to get at?

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

This way.

Chivalric ideals are generally incompatible with a professional killer for money. Thus, sadly.

Sir, you have sworn yourself to justice. That is a fine oath, and I shall respect it. I just request you respect mine too, my life dedicated to serve my master. I will both rue and cherish the day our oaths come to clash, for there is no beauty like the exchange of swords between men who are more than ready to give their life to the cause, and nothing as tragic as to see a true knight die.

in sour armor

The best way.

Very well. I had hoped to sway your from your path, to one I personally believe is a more righteous one, but I shall respect your ideals, good sir. I shall pray to the gods that you are met with joys and fortunes in your life, and should we chance meet in combat, I swear that I shall face you with the respect you thusly deserve. I only hope your master does not abuse that loyalty you have sworn to him. May the road be kind to you, sir.

By destroying those unsightly beasts that creep and crawl in the midnight hours, preying on honest folk. Not because of chivalry, honor, or misplaced sense of justice, but because I just love killing monsters.

>You're all worthless, disgusting, hopeless sacks of shit and just being near you all makes me angry, but I am going to save the FUCK out of each and every one of you, or die trying.

My oath is to the people I see who are in need, not to one individual, not to one banner, not to one land. If there is someone in danger, in pain, in turmoil, it is my self-sworn duty to extend my hand.

Agreed, lets go fuck up some monster

I will protect everyone's smiles

Screw Midir.

I see that we are merely men of different oaths. Some play the part of the hero, others of the landed soldier. Yet we still might be friends and equals. Go then in peace, keep hold of what you think is right, and take heed not to trouble my king.

ah nice, thanks user

Fuck you, Lalatina is loyal as hell and her insanity is at least manageable

>the less insane of the girls is Megumeme but you her bullshit is gonna be an hindrace in action

Then you misunderstand chivalry.

>My Lord guides my Sword.
>My People guide my Shield.
>My Code guides me.

>My King is the true and just King.

Fuck, time to watch Dragonheart again

F

So, it's the equivalent of the towel carried by galactic hobos?

>t. Selmy
>t. Arthur Dayne
>t. Gerold Hightower
my nigga

Green, that's how I knight.

That group of peasants would be killing a valuable hostage, something their lord would likely severely punish them for. Any Loot/armor they take? Belongs to their lord.

Or perhaps you meant that they were killing their own lord? Peasant rebellions were never pretty: ringleaders were publicly and gruesomely executed and the others likely have their homes and fields razed.

Knight takes pawn, just how it is

You're thinking of Aqua. Megumin is consistently useful, it's during downtime that she's a hassle.

I wish he could still write :(
SHE-WOLVES OF WINTERFELL WHEN

Seek not noble courage in speech, for speech is not always truth; seek it not in rich clothes, for many a fine habit conceals cowardice, treachery and evil; seek it not in your horse, for he cannot speak to you; seek it not in fine harness and equipment, for they too often conceal an evil and cowardly heart. Seek noble courage in faith, hope, charity, justice, strength, moderation, and loyalty. -Ramon Llull

Have hope my friend. The night breaks for the dawn.

Bloodthirsty warrior-aristocrat that's been training in the ways of combat and strategy since childhood, doesn't mistreat his own peasants but will slaughter other peasants in the way of his war by the hundreds if necessary. Chivalry is nice in theory and subscribed to when it can be realistically afforded, but sometimes you have to be practical. So fairly historically accurately.

Possible impracticality of a cape or no, how much of an ignorant mongoloid manchild do you have to be to not know how important fashion in general was?

>degenerate

Ah. I see.

No, I'm referring to the same things that happened in the warring era in Japan. When samurai went to war, ransacked, raped and burned villages, it was common for wounded samurai to be hunted down by peasants, mercilessly slaughtered, then all their really fancy weapons and armor were stolen and hidden away, stockpiled by the peasants, perhaps for their own defense, perhaps to sell off? Who knows. Peasants are very slippery creatures, the lowest on the rung, and they know how to survive, it isn't well to get on their bad side, let alone underestimate them.

I prefer Fantasy Judge Dredd to Fantasy Jedi

I renamed the paladin class in my game to Knight.

Am I doing it right?

First... I pass a note to the DM asking if any of my party members has NPCs in their backstory.

Second... I will go on a grand quest to fuck those NPCs. Even if they are listed a love interest. Male? Female? No problem. Sworn enemy? Pshaaaaaaw. I'll have them swear my name on the bed.

;_;7

>lets play spot who just watched Seven Samurai
This sort of thing happened in Europe, but it isn't ever something that is common. Really only happens during peasant uprisings. Or after the Norman conquest. And the way you solve both is with fire, sword, and heavy fines.

Make Knight/Paladin an advanced class. Should require a few levels of fighter.