/5eg/ - Fifth Edition Genera

Welcome to the D&D 5th Ed. General Discussion Thread

>Xanathar's Guide Table of Contents
web.archive.org/web/20171016180500/https://www.dndbeyond.com/members/BadEye/articles

>Forge Cleric - Xanathar's Guide
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/DnDXL2017_Forge.pdf

>Unearthed Arcana: Fiendish Options
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA_FiendishOptions.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/...

Bags of rats and plate armor

How do you know if your store is doing the early-release for XGE?

Big charisma = big titties. Therefore titcows are forever alpha.

> cowtits related to cha and not con

come on now user everyone knows bigger con = bigger pecs

WHERE ARE MY LEAKS?

So CHA + CON + Warlock = Super Succ?

>PCs have decided to explore a no man's land of an on-going war between two major powers camping at one end of the large valley
>both major powers are currently in an armistice but still poised to kill each other if further negotiations fail
>the PCs are doing this cause they believe the major powers are fighting a war that is manipulated in the shadows by the BBEG

I pulled all of these out of my ass in last session as they took off the beaten path than I thought. Need some hook ideas.

>DM is letting us do anything in official print for our new campaign
>Decide to roll Arcana Cleric
>Human Variant, take Medic as my feat
>Already eying up Spell Sniper
>Show him my sheet
>"Jesus fucking Christ user"

How do I find an IRL game in a new city I just moved to? I don't know anybody here

What was the cause of the war?
Who are the factions fighting?
What/who is the BBEG and why are they so powerful that they can manipulate two nations into warring with each other?

You could always try adventurers league and go from there

don't forget dex for blowjobs and more skillful pelvic thrusts. Also, STR to vaccuum the shit out of his dick, as STR = more muscles, and the vaginal walls are muscle too.

You might as well add in WIS for insight on when he will cum, and then INT to read and know by heart a metric ton of sex positions.

clerics are top tier and your dm should be aware of that lmao

Is that just a fillable pdf or are you using something to autogenerate that? I can't find any online generates that have all the classes in them.

Swarm of rats in plate armor character when, /5eg/.

Friendly neighborhood gaming store? Talk to people at your job/school

Just a fillable one. We play on Roll20 a lot so I like to keep a paper copy and an online copy

I'd love an autogenerating sheet tho

What is your most amusing 5e game up to date, anons? And the most spectacular one in terms of combat?

Reposting this question from the last thread:

Is there any feat in 3.5 that makes you stronger the lower you are on health?What about in 5e?

The DND gen seems appropriate for older ed questions

Afraid not. To my knowledge the closest thing in 3.5 is Crusader, who can put part of the damage he takes into a delayed damage pool and then hit back harder with Furious Counterstrike.

There's no 5e equivalent of the Crusader, unless you homebrew that in.

The closest you can get is 5e Shaped sheet.

>Medic feat at level 1 with a +7
Everyone else might as well throw their hitdice in the garbage and let you healslut

What's that?

What's that

I mean it still expends a hitdie but now they don't have to roll them unless I roll like shit

*psychic rat swarm, led by a druid that summoned them.

Casting command at will.

Unironically the 2 person all caster party. Combat was hilarious as each of them tried desperately to deflect all damage to the other while still somehow winning through extremely creative use of spells.

In Roll20, there's a Character Sheet Template called Shaped, it only covers class features, so you'd have to write down the subclass features etc, but it has some automation on it, which I find better than OGL and other sheets.

Not in 5e, no. You might ask the /pfg/ guys about it, they usually know stuff related to 3.5.

Is it available anywhere? The site says that it's only available to pro users.

You could just stay lying down after the nat20 and wait for the boss to ignore you so you can stand up again.

>spend 1+ hours making my toon
>my first session
>DM spawns an ultra strong boss as a surprise encounter
>get 1 shot by it, but survive because of natural 20 rolls
>next turn, the boss is 5ft from me
>session ends there for the week

if you're a dm who do this you are a hack.

It's their public organized play thing. IIRC they typically run on Wednesdays, but anybody can run an Adventurer's League game if they follow the right guidelines and run the right adventurers.

Use their store locator on dnd.wizards.com, and that should tell you if any partner stores are running Adventurer's League in your area.

Is this pasta of some sort?

>that guy joins group
>his first session, spends the entire half hour detailing how much effort he put into it, and all the stupid things he plans on doing
>he reeks
>realize what a mistake I've made
>kill his character off with a strong NPC, act surprised
>tell him the session is over
>wait for him to leave
>group begins again, the BBEG having been introduced and gone, leaving the rest of the party for dead.

lol on my first session half of my party died
We were playing Lost Mines of Phandelver, and that bugbear killed 3 PCs, the fucker.

>tfw Elven Accuracy got nerfed
Now it's a Warlock's feat

Mainly going support, but can't decide between Arcana Cleric for big dick damage or Light Cleric for nice Divinity.

Ahhhhh

10/10, would game with

>toon
>ultra big boss
>support
Is 5e a tabletop MMO?

assuming your reply is for from previous thread:

the boss is actually a PC who has control of the boss, not the DM.

Forge Cleric for best domain

What the fuck
What

I second forge cleric. It's super fun if you have any creativity at all.

Forge cleric is an AC stacking meme and thus trash
At least the level 2 ability was interesting

Dudes who play female characters: good roleplayers or fucking weirdos? Discuss.

a PC died by accident and turns out he was possessed by this boss

Are you the GM? Go to your adventure's game settings and change the Character Sheet Template to "5th Edition (Shaped)"
It also makes NPC statblocks similar to Monster Manual's, which is nice.

Man, I've grown to really hate the Shaped sheet. Every time they tweak or update it, it's prone to breaking existing spell/equipment/feature entries and seems to get slower. At this point if I use one of the built-in macros it freezes my browser for about 8 seconds before actually outputting the result.

I play my female characters liek i wouldnplay my male characters, a lot of people thought I was playing a male actually

Nah, I just wanted to roll up a few characters to see what I was in the mood to play next.

inb4 tg memery on the topic but imho depends on the dude and how they play the character

in my experience tho if a nigga has creeper features when he's playing a male character those features will increase six-thousand fold when he has the vagoo

In my experience? Usually not exceptional either way. Sometimes good. Sometimes weirdos.

Don't you know, user? It's a tie-in for that new game the Dark Age of Camelot guy is making.

What's the gish option for sorcerers? Is there one?

Can a Bard wield a rapier and a Lute at the same time? Are Bards supposed to constantly be playing their instrument during combat? Is that how they use it as a focus or is it okay to simply hold it in one hand?
I want to attach two pointy spikes at each end of my Lute to use it as a rapier and my instrument.

Nerfed how, what is it now?

This pic is already coming in handy

It would be up to your DM, but I'd say no. You'd need one arm to hold it, and the other to strum.

I actually had an idea for a Bard where he played the violin, and his rapier was the bow. Never got to use him though.

I made a very young character once who looked very feminine and in the description I never mentioned the gender, just the name, until the very end where I dropped a "he".

See but the lute is simply an arcane focus, right? Why do Bards need two hands for their focus while everyone else needs one? It just seems odd. Maybe I'll just use pipes instead.

Technically you need one hand for material component/foci and if you are using somatic components you can use it with the material component's hand.

So you only need one hand to use the lute as a foci, though whether you can strum it too...
You probably can play it with one hand. You're a bard, after all.
Also you can't cast somatic-but-no-material component spells with a foci in one hand and a weapon in the other.

>Are Bards supposed to constantly be playing their instrument during combat?
No
>is it okay to simply hold it in one hand?
Yes

Nigga, why not just sing while you fight?

Because it's easier to find good lute music that fits rather than some man or woman singing. Though a Bard that only sings in Gregorian Chant would be fun.
Can Bards learn Mage Hand? You may have solved my problem.

Text games? Fine

In-person? Weird

Both.

So singing is lame, but sticking spikes on a lute is cool? Shit taste, user. Shit taste.

Male playing female here; everyone usually forgets my characters gender so it's really quite irrelevant. I just like it for some reason. Sometimes it comes up in a joking manner, like my Tiefling Sorceress was hit on by the dude running Phandelan because he liked her tail, so she threatened to burn him alive. She was already angry since he was enabling the Red Brands and their thuggish ways, and he was lucky the Lawful Good folk hero was there to calm the situation down.
I don't think it's any weirder than someone playing as a Dwarf or something. It's a role-playing game. Be realistic, understand how your character would realisticly act, and don't overstep boundaries. Don't inject fetishes into a campaign, unless of course it's an ERP kind of thing which is just a whole different clusterfuck of weirdness where a dude being female is the least of your worries.

>rolling up a sorcerer for a friend's campaign, level 5
>we're rolling for stats
>highest rolls are 18, 17, 17
>total is 10 points above point buy
>the DM has decided to buff sorcerer, giving extra known spells and more

Oh boy, I feel like an asshole already.

Never said that actually. I wanna play music from YouTube and stuff. It's easier to find fitting lute music than it is to find a fitting singer.

How many of you are married or have girlfriends?

Eh, I roll a d4 for gender and pick female on a 1. Basically ends up the same, like

Just put one of the big numbers in something less key like Strength or Intelligence or something.

>Nerfed how, what is it now?
+1 to one mental stat
advantage reroll only applies to attack rolls that use mental stats

How should I know. I played as a female before and she was sick.

my last gf is currently my best friend and we play dnd together every week

its both cursed and blessed, user

My girlfriend is the GM. It's a double edged sword.

>He doesn't know /5eg/ is all married to the same dragon shapeshifted into an elf

What a fucking normie.

If you're using it solely as an arcane focus, then yeah. Go ahead and hold it and cast spells.

Just the practical applications of having a rapier in one hand and a lute in the other...

Well, now that I think of it, you could probably get away with it. I retract my previous statement.

Why do ghouls make no sense? Their claw has a +4 to hit, but their bit has only a +2. I get that they're to supposed to claw, paralyze, then bite, but still. If their bite used Strength, they should have a +3. Am I supposed to understand they're not proficient with their own bite?

>martials can't have nice things

>Not just rolling for sex
1-4 Male
5-8 Female
9-10 Hermaphrodite

I'm ace, so thankfully I'll never have this problem

>tfw devil's sight repelling blast agonizing blast fighter2/warlock5/sorcererX drow or half-elf if half-elf can use it
Ahahha

ACtually stay to the lightfoot halfling fighter2/warlock2/sorcererX with just repelling and agonizing blast
it's easier

It'll work for Steel Wind Strike, Shillelagh, or Hexblade Cha-to-attack feature at least :-(

My party has to kill two adult red dragons likely at the same time. This is my first 5e game and I've never fought a dragon in D&D before. Do you have any tips? I am a lvl 8 wizard.

What does generic notEurope medieval DnD law say about vigilantism?

Crawford addressed it, they're supposed to be like that. Clumsy and slow, so "bad at biting things." It's dumb I agree.

Yes, Half-elf can use it

>any tips?
Yeah, pick a cool epitaph. RIP user.

>Triple classing

>two adult dragons at the same time
I hope you and your party have absorb elements, nigga

user's Gravemarker: "Does anyone smell barbecue?"

>Do you have any tips?
Level up

Martials have features that grant advantage easily, though.

Yes, last Sage Advice even added it to the list (page 17).

Oh man that bad? Forgot to the party consists of a lvl 10 BMaster fighter, 10 Revised hunter ranger, and a lvl 9 lore bard.

tell me you're in Wooster, Ohio, baby

What lvl should we be? The DM said that there could be ways to fight them 1 on 1 or not to fight them all together. But the fighter insists we can win if we do as he says.

What is your fighter's retarded plan?