How are interspecies couples treated in your setting, Veeky Forums?

How are interspecies couples treated in your setting, Veeky Forums?

Nice.

they get raped

Most people don't even see it as interspecies since they're all just posthumans anyway.

Not everyone's cup of tea but nobody but the most rabid of supremacists would actually care about someone else doing it.

Depends on who you ask, and which species the couples are made of.
Elves & Humans are frowned upon by most cultures, but not really outright attacked, except for some hillybilly backwater villages maybe. Cause Elves are pretty shameless, by human standarts, both male and female, and most half elves beeing the results of one night stants the prejudice is against both humans and elves on each others side beeing unreliable. And also short lived morons or arrogant tree huggers, iglu builders, field friends or horse shaggers, again depending on which sort of elves. Beeing a Halfelve is really worse in the northern countrys, because of the more conservative minds there as well as at the Elves, who all distaste these halflings. In the Southern Human Countrys its better because
a) They are some baroque spleeny faggots who find everything exotic interesting and are fairly tolerant, because they trade with nearly every other culture & species
b) They are slave city shitholes where you have way greater problems, for example beeing enslaved by the oligarchs, the arena customers or worse.
Dwarf & Human is not fertile as well as I know, but I guess both Dwarfs and Humans are a bit more relaxed there, because they have better relations in the overall history, but they would still get some funny looks here and there.
Orcs & Humans is mostly rape and not fertile, they are halflings, but they are made with dark magic and shit. Bascly both species view it as bestiality.

Depends on the species. Relationships between humans, elves, nymphs/satyrs, merfolk, and most other generally human-sized beings are considered ordinary and barely remarked upon.

A relationship between one of those races and a gnome/halfling, a centaur, or a harpy would be considered odd but not particularly immoral.

Throw an orc or a goblin into the mix, and you definitely have some prejudice, but it definitely depends on the location. In an insular human village, an orc-human couple might be lynched or run out of town; in a big metropolis, they'd be insulted or shunned; and on a frontier town near the orc territories, just ignored or treated as normal.

This movie is going to be great but it's a shame the fishman's design is garbage compared to Abe Sapien, who he is a shameless clone of in every other respect.

depends on what two species are having a relationship, generally if the two can breed its slightly frwoned upon but no one really objects. If the couple cant reproduce then its generally not accepted

Never heard of the Creature from the Black Lagoon?

yeah, i was gonna say it's a cross between abe and black lagoon

Working on a setting set during a country scale invasion. A lot of the game may start out preparing the next castle over, stopping riots, slowing down the ongoing invasion until a counterattack can be made. The intention is that the players will need to make a lot of compromises so eventually if they hand over too much power to the church warhammer-like inquisitors may start to appear around executing anyone who "fraternize with the enemy". Before that it's mostly just frowned upon, no real laws against it, but people do raise eyebrows more in correlation with how much of a adult human it looks like.

>Fantasy setting.
The further away from the empire, you get, the more xenophobic things are. Inside the empire, the only thing that matters is if you do your job well. Most monstrous humanoids were forced to become civilized like their neighbors or die. Half-breeds are common between races that can have viable offspring and there are comparatively small numbers of anything that can have children with a human. Effectively, elves and orcs were just outbred by humans and became their "half" variants. Tieflings are just commonplace to the point where nobody cares anymore, their fiendish ancestors having been banished ages ago. All of this means that nobody cares about interspecies relationships beyond maybe a second glance.

Leave the empire though, and people really don't like that sort of thing. People on the frontier are past the protective wall of the empire and its legions of guards. People on the frontier have to deal with hordes or orcs, bands of goblins, tribes of gnolls, warbands from the hobgoblin fortresses, and more. Even elves and dwarves are considered dangerous outsiders, and they think the same of humans. Marrying a halfling or a gnome is seen as unnatural, tieflings and dragonborn are strange outsiders or monsters in humanoid form. Persecution is not exactly heavy or legal, but it's not really prevented either. Show your mettle in battle, your skill at a trade, or goodness of heart and someone might set your deviant tastes aside though.

>Sci-Fi setting.
All species aside from humans think interspecies couples are horrible. About 20% of humans also think interspecies couples are horrible. The other 80% of the humans think that interspecies relations are great and should be actually encouraged, which makes everyone else very uncomfortable. I have to admit, I love xenophobia as a plot device, but forbidden love is my fetish.

With contempt, disgust and hate.

Patrician.

>forbidden love

You have no idea how often I fantasize or dream about a forbidden interspecies romance. Sucks that I was born in the one reality where it's not possible.

Shitty setting.

How the hell can interspecies love be considered normal? It's like fucking a horse or dog

Same way as interracial relationships in real life. With utmost contempt.

PRetty normal, but in my fantasy setting race isn't totally hereditary and it's kinda of a spectrum.

See, basically the gods decree that if a people stay enough time in a certain environment (a time in what we'd call historical, not geological scale, to give you an idea) they change to reflect it. If an undine (aquatic, amphibian race) clan stays on firm ground, a grand-grandfather could see his progeny be a full-fledged human, as much as he saw his own child a little "less" similar to him in this regard. It's not science and has a lot of chance/gods will it, and races are (generally) interfertile, so it's pretty gradual anyway.

As far as the said fantasy setting goes, more like a donkey and a horse. Genetics are similar enough to have a child (yes, I know mules are sterile, but they exist so it counts as offspring), so some people might think it's normal.

As far as the sci-fi setting goes, more like a gorilla and a chimp. It would be weird, and messy, and probably not a good idea. Most humans in that setting are not the most logical or reasonable people.

It's not exactly common, but most people think it's normal, generally. Most people would admit there's at least one person outside of their race/species they find attractive, so not many people in the major kingdoms really find it abnormal.

Honestly, I've never met anyone who's ever had a problem with interracial relationships.

And I grew up in the middle of Oklahoma, which isn't exactly a paragon of progressive ideals.

Surprisingly okay considering how xenophobic they are. But most things that even could be "interspecies" are basically spirits stuck in mostly human bodies anyway, and it basically works out that they consider shapeshifters and spirits are better than foreigners.

You haven't met many people. I'm from the most progressive city in my country and it's pretty common. Especially amongst white women toward asian women/anglo male relationships.

Common, because finding someone of your own species isn't easy due to the nature of the world.

Badly, because otherwise that one roleplayer will pout about not being able to have a dark dramatic backstory for their half-ling whatever.

With disgust and revulsion.

Like homosexuality is.
Scorned in public, but everyone just accepts that it happens behind closed doors.

>Sucks that I was born in the one reality where it's not possible.
I mean, if you're welsh or muslim you still can.

Depends on the species the human is coupled to. Elf lovers get lynched and the elf in the relationships body will probably be displayed as a warning to the rest of their vile kind. Most other interspecies relationships are accepted but some may be seen as odd in certain places if the coupling cannot result in children(in places where children are valued).

If there is a god, it really strikes me as the greatest tragedy of existence that he has a much smaller imagination to create a world with than the average human fantasy writer.

I'm an atheist, but if I am wrong and there is a god, then he's clearly extremely sadistic, or we're all actually in hell and are carrying out our sentence of eternal punishment.

Was god just an unoriginal worldbuilder?

That too.

He did end up making creatures who are better at worldbuilding than he is. Maybe that was his goal for us all along.

hell is other people

Depends on who you ask and kinda who are doing and where. Generally people might be okay with platonic relationship, but past that might provoke negative reaction.
Humanity is rather fucked population-wise, so people do push people to have children. Most common mixed race relationship is human-caowe, since both view eachother as comrades and sometimes even live with mixed families (caowe clan adopting human).
Most other couples do not get benefit of sharing similar biology, and compability can be an issue, although not insurmountable for some people I guess.

There is legality too, which is whole another matter. I figure it varies heavily from region to region, usually justified by religion (ex. Desw state religion is very strict about castes), morals etc.

But I also figure some could seek sexual acts with beings of different race due to convinience (no pregnancy, std transmission chance is smaller, avaibility), but they might be weirded out by idea. Although I don't know might be easier if you grow up living amongst them.

whats this from?

>Relationships between members of the same
species are inevitably tainted by base, reproductive urges . . . But more than that, they are fundamentally narcissistic and incestuous. A member of one’s own species is identical in thought and body, at least in all ways that truly matter. It is only by embracing the Other that one can achieve Real Love.
– Xochilla Ithatta

What those weirdos do in their space station is their own thing, but on Earth you keep it in your own species - don't date robots.

What's the best way to handle cross-species reproduction?
1. Not possible. Cannot produce offspring.
2. Humans can create half-breeds with certain races. Further steps between are lumped into either half-breed or one of the two parent races, depending on amount of each in lineage. (IE at 7/8 elf, you're just an elf)
3. All PC races and reproduce with each other, and there's some rule for what the child's race ends up as (always same as mother, flips a coin, etc.)
4. Certain clusters of races can interbreed, with either option 2 or 3 above.
5. Reproduction between two members of different races results in a separate race, which is itself not fertile.
6. ???

>Relationships between members of the same species are inevitably tainted by base, reproductive urges . . . But more than that, they are fundamentally narcissistic and incestuous. A member of one’s own species is identical in thought and body, at least in all ways that truly matter. It is only by embracing the Other that one can achieve Real Love.
– Xochilla Ithatta

What those weirdos do in their space station is their own thing, but on Earth you keep it in your own species - don't date robots.

looks like floatrand's art.

HEY BRAN, GO FOR IT, ELF CHICKS ARE EASY

WANNA KNOW HOW I KNOW THAT?

...Y'EVER HEAR OF A HALF-DWARF?

I mean the fishman is being played by Doug Jones, so being similar to Abe isn't that out there.

They are very rare since offspring are impossible and having children is generally seen as a good thing.

>Y'EVER HEAR OF A HALF-DWARF?
Ummm yeah?

Same actor is one thing, but he has the exact same taste in food and music, is in a similar confinement situation by a government agency.

L5R?

Race mixing reduces diversity. So most every race and culture look down on it. One group really really hates it. Another just looks down on the parents. One embraces it but that one is rather small.

The general feeling of race mixing in my setting is "I don't like you, but I don't care enough to do anything about it".

Ljósálfr:

Most humans have some measure of elf blood, though most of the ljósálfr consider humans uncooth savages. Light hair, bright eyes and a gift for witchcraft are common among humans with the elder race's blood. The fair folk are welcome by most and are perhaps the most common race to love and breed outside their own.

Dökkálfar:

Consider dalliances and alliances with other races a temporary flirtation and an amusing way to pass time to dökkálfar with a taste for the exotic. Marriage and legitimate children are only permitted between their own kind or the light elves. Considered by humans to be decadent and perverse, in part because the dark monsters that bare their blood.

Jötun:

A broad collection of related races they are considered by the Faith to be animals without souls, so to lie with one is considered an abomination. Jötun rarely make casual alliances or relationships, generally sealing relationships with oaths that bind them to their partner for life. Some remain and watch over a lost human lover's grave and family for a century or more after the human's death. They are wary of relationships with elves, there are many well-founded stories of elves using beauty and grace to seduce Jötun into their service and using them.

Fucking a horse or a dog is basically always rape though while sex between two sapient beings can be consensual.
It's more comparable to homosexual relationships, reproduction is impossible but people just find that responsible and don't really have logical reasons to consider it wrong.

*just find that digusting

They're considered perfectly normal - after all, if humans are as xenophiliac as we are in *this* world, where there's just one sapient race (cf: furries, monstergirls, robosexuals, xenosexuals), then surely xenophilia would be even more pronounced in a world sharing multiple compatible sapient species.

It helps, of course, that many suspect that humanity were created by the God/dess of Love, Lust and Fertility (think Chaotic Neutral Slaanesh), because interbreeding with just about anything is practically as much a human racial power as dwarven poison resistance or dragonborn breath weapons.

Providing specific examples...

"Demihuman" relationships, which're humans with any of the humanoid races (dwarves, gnomes, elves, halflings, orcs, goblinoids), don't even warrant a second glance, unless it's a coupling where one of the races has a local reputation - human with orc/goblin/hobgoblin, for example. You might buy your beer 'n' pies from a tavern run by a human/dwarf couple and their half-dwarf kids, or local gossips may be chinwaggin' about how the gnome schoolmarm married the human "teacher's pet" when he came of age.

Human/Beastfolk (dragonborn, gnolls, minotaurs, ratfolk, etc) will probably earn a few stares, but since such couples can still produce kids (under the "gender equals breed" and "mother's species is most likely" combined paradigms), they're not as taboo as they could be. Again, it depends a lot on the race's reputation; dragonborn wives/husbands are quite respectable, but ratfolk spouses are much more lowborn (the local ratfolk take a lot of their lore from Rodduns).

Human/Monster, now THAT will get stares, simply because humans having the chance to peacefully interact with dragons, sphinxes, etc in that fashion isn't especially common. Though, again, it depends somewhat on the breed; harpies are pretty much tamed in this world through sexual evolution, whilst male sphinxes have all but gone extinct since gynosphinxes worked out that human men were much better lovers. Of course, this led to an explosion in the population of maftets (magically adept winged catgirls), but what's that saying about omelets and eggs?

He was much more creative than that. Writers are just ripping off his setting and changing it a little bit.

Just like any other couple.
People would be all more likely to judge you for being a foreigner rather than for dating an orc or a harpy.

Tribal stone age setting. Depends on the race, and then depends on tribe. Majors races in the current play area are centaurs, humans and orcs.
Centaurs are very clan-oriented and xenophobic, not to mention their body isn't humanoid, so they view interspecies relationships with disgust.
Orcs consider it okay to screw your slaves/war prisoners of any species or gender, but for actual relationships it depends on the tribe. A more tolerant tribe will accept relationships with humans since they're useful and can sometimes be allies. Though the couple might get derided sometimes.
Humans usually marry other humans, but like orcs, might be okayish with orcs if the tribes are allied.

That said. It's a thing that's changing in the campaign proper, because the current state of the clans is that an orc warlord is rallying the tundra tribes of all species to lead them on a march South, to crush the people living in the more temperate areas and take their lands. Her Mongrel Horde is comprised of many different species, and herself was an adventurer with a mixed group, who is in a low-key relationship with her human bodyguard. So if the Khan's doing it, why not the others, eh?

>Posthuman Studios

What exactly is ''a couple'', OP?

Two

seems relevant

Is there any SJW content in the actual game?
Strong lolbertarianism for sure but that's more pre-Trump /pol/ than anything even if they lean more for the leftist kind of anarchism.
All I know is that they have told the MRA to fuck off from their official forum.

CUTE!

>third party splats

Dark Sun's official tho.

Basing your argument on Dark Sun, where you can only create half-dwarfs using a combination of 50% magic and 50% rape doesn't do much to bolster your position that dwarfs are an easy lay for humans.

It's seen as a waste of time. Interracial breeding is basically not a thing. 99% of the time, it doesn't result in pregnancy in the first place, the remaining 1% results in horribly disfigured mutant babies that just get killed anyway. Seeing as they just ended a long running war that cost a lot of lives, and producing new children is heavily encouraged by the government, reactions range from "i don't care" to open disdain.

idk I'm not that user

Depends on the person/area.

Just like real life.

I gotta say.

I would watch lovecraft korra.

Insane Korra might have to go through some character development and stop being a raging idiot. Fighting things that are far above you would do that.

Wow that gif is fucked.

Has anyone else stopped despising male SJWs and just started feeling sorry for them? I don't even hate them anymore I just feel immensely sad for them.

They are participating in the survival for reproduction like the rest of us, they are either masochists or in it for the sex.

Truly I think the people who are insane enough to be above all that (tulpamancers, etc) are the ones to be praised. They have reached the nirvana of insanity.

they have embraced their failure

Over the course of history around 80% of women reproduced, and about 40% of males reproduced.

SJW raise others kids by embracing their place in the 60% of non-breeding males