Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1856: Dance Battle Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

quantencomputer.github.io/cyoastudio/
store.steampowered.com/app/416640/Diabolical/]
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What are some of the bizarre shit you have seen in your travels?

Oh, I am so ready for this!

What perks let me access new and more powerful forms that upgrade any powers that I've reached the limit for? Something broad. I have the Main Character perk from Medaka, does that work?

One: The anime added that scene where Rias is told that Yuuma is a Fallen Angel by one of her peerage (I think it was Koneko? I haven't watched it in a while, don't remember). It's not in the light novel. You're basing this whole thing off of a non-canon addition. The anime changed a lot.

Two: Even with that, she just knows that Yuuma is a Fallen Angel. She has no idea that Yuuma is gunning for Issei, for all she knows dating Issei is just part of establishing a cover. Raynare is an enemy agent operating in her territory, she's thinking of it in terms to threat to her, not Issei. Canonically, Rias doesn't figure out Issei has a Sacred Gear until after reviving him, when it takes way more Pawn pieces than it should (i.e, all of them).

Three: They were giving those pamphlets out to EVERYONE. The fact that Issei got one is not some conspiracy, it's just a result of him being at Kuoh. Dozens of other people got them.

>Canonically, Rias doesn't figure out Issei has a Sacred Gear until after reviving him, when it takes way more Pawn pieces than it should (i.e, all of them).

Pretty sure she knew he had one, just not the Boster Gear specifically.

quantencomputer.github.io/cyoastudio/

Has anyone seen this before?

Ever used your vast power to sit down and do normal people things with the gods, /jc/?

Dance Battle, the ultimate weapon to confuse your enemy.

Combine with Battle Dance and you are untouchable.

Version 1.0 of Diabolical Jump, based on the old-school CYOA from Choice of Games series. You can find it on Steam if you're curious. [store.steampowered.com/app/416640/Diabolical/]

Becoming less of a fan of the 200CP perk Improv the more I re-read it, would really appreciate it if someone has a replacement idea.

Otherwise, all the Specialties got finished and need some serious peer review. Constructive critique would be great, if someone(s) have the inclination for it.
Thanks to everyone who takes the time to offer meaningful feedback.

I'm glad we reached a conclusion for this, I will try to put more things from the novel.The spirits powers are kinda weird. Kurumi can control time (at the cost of burning her own time/life force) another one has google search with the whole word as it's database, Mukuru can seal things (functions of machines, emotions in people, etc) and Miku has borderline mind control.

Some are better at it than others, naturally.

I'm pretty sure that's wrong, but my food is done cooking so I'm not going to bother looking it up right now. I chose a bad time to get into an internet argument. Later, everyone, I've got a date with a backed potato.

It may sound cliche, user, but if you want the direction of any given thread or community to change, you need to be the change you want to see.

What ones are those? I'm mainly curious since I saw some user claiming that Mondaiji was an SB jump about 2 (or was is it 3 now?) threads ago.

You're probably right anyway. Have been ages since I read DxD. Hope you enjoy your potato.

>backed potato.
I hope you mean a baked potato. I can't imagine what a backed potato would taste like.

For fuck's fucking sake, how is one post detailing a man's lack of honesty called "screeching."

Is that a real conversation?

Why don't we talk about themed chains, for example?

Tell me about your themed chains, /jc/, and what made you decide to run them?

Don't take it personally. He's obviously gone off the rails.

Spacetime Sphere seems broken as fuck. You might not be able to take out things but just change some random stuff you bring in to whatever you want. You can spend as long as you want in here without it counting down the jump timer and it even expands to include the warehouse

That should cost way more than 400SP. Is this actually a thing in the story? It also needs better limits by far.

Copy Cat is also too good for it's price. 400SP is not enough when you get 1000SP for free.

>can only be a villain
Awww. Well, I guess I'll just be a hero anyway?

Well, I had no idea English and SoftAnon were such snarky assholes. Live and learn.

I challenged Boba Fett..it didn't go well.

>Ricrod
>Lawyer
>Satan

I knew I could do it.

Some of my favorite involve taking jumps from only certain jumpmakers. Seeing how their stylistic and mechanical skills evolve over time can sometimes be very intriguing.

English and Soft, as jealous as ever of someone so much better then them.

It was the same during that fucking argument about Wild_Card and the Dresden Files Debacle.

Apparently telling someone to stop making up reasons to hate someone is challenging their life views.

Spacetime Sphere is a thing. It's the ending macguffin, and allows you to remake the world as you see fit, once you defeat the big bad. Keeping the theme of reality warper that lets you do what you want, what kind of limits would you add?

Same question for Copy Cat.

What I want to know is why it was so easy for people to just turn on Wakfu despite his years of getting along with literally everyone. I can't even remember him saying anything bad about bancho.

It can't just have been the jumps, sentiment doesn't fade that quickly and he showed no hostility until he was finally at his wit's end. Most of the time he was being screamed at he just sat there and took it.

Well, I detailed some already. Increase the price of both a lot. Prevent things that have been changed from being taken back out, even if you brought them in. Make it so that time spent in there does count, though it can be slowed. That's the worst of the abuses gone.

>It's not in the light novel. You're basing this whole thing off of a non-canon addition.
So you decide what is canon and what is not now?

>Two
She did know, it is the reason why she kept a watch on him. If she could tell he had a SG she would have known that Yuuma would be going for Issei.

>Three
He just happens to walk past the spot where the familiar is handing out flyers at that exact time and day? Her familiar that she can see through?

Damn you work fast. Nice jump. For Improv, maybe replace it with something that gives you actual skill at fighting?

Also Super-Superhuman feels like it belongs in the powers section rather than the perk section, since it's just a set of powers.

Have to admit, there's a certain pleasure in seeing the real opinions that some people don't have the spine to say out in the open.

Jesus, that art.

How’s it coming?
Will there be a perk for being really good at shutting down other people’s attempts at being awesome?
It’s a fun quest. And Riku is female.

Maybe there's something to be said about them not respecting you enough to say it to your face.

Hmmm. I wonder why that could be.

That they are cowardly cunts with empty complaints without substance, maybe? Probably.

Just to be clear, an Overlord needs to take the Minion companion option to keep a fragment of their specialty abilities?

Reckon it sounds like that whole 'pointless bitching' then. If they ain't scared and they don't have respect, it doesn't seem to me like there's any reason to not mention it in the open if they actually cared.

It could be any number of things, couldn't it, on their side or hers. Though not being strong enough to speak out on an anonymous imageboard rather seems to favor one side more than the other...

>Minions
Right this perk has some issues, it looks like it is supposed to supply you with minions but then requires you to have the means to acquire them and limits the number you can have. It doesn't really appear to do anything while sticking you with a completely untenable limit to how many minions we can have. 1000 just isn't enough to run a criminal empire let alone even a feeble bid for world domination.

Sweet.

>MGE Dhamphir

...Mhh Val, are you making something from this? Can I get hyped?

I bet it does. Especially when you don't have to get that opinion second-hand through someone else.

On a note, wanting to ram a pipe down someone's throat and "make them scream"? Wouldn't expect an exchange online to make someone that angry.

Do we have a Batoom! Jump?

You mean pic related?

It's official, too; matches up with the Steam panel. But yeah. Dat art...

Super-Superhuman was, I felt, too necessary to the theme to put in powers. It's features the basis of most superheroes/supervillians: the toughness, the speed, the strength, etc.

Bumping the prices to 600SP, or lowering the total SP to 800 - Either or both? Not really keen on completely redoing the final Specialization perks; took me three days to come up with those.

Everything that applies to minions or underlings or whatever would also apply to companions - they are, supposedly, somewhat under your authority as you are the Jumper that totes them around as you please.

Haven't run a lot of criminal empires, so I just kinda ballparked it. Don't worry, I made it easier to read.

NO DO NOT

Ah! Yes, I keep thinking there's an a in there.

Lol, is this what's being said in the IRC?

Sadly, no. It'd be seen as a lewd jump. Also I'd side more towards MGQ if I had to pick a monster girl thing to make.

My my, rather cute coming from you of all people. Remember that glass house you're in OAA.

If you want my honest opinion of yourself, all you've ever had to do is ask and I'd be happy to oblige.

Hey thanks for bringing that up friend, I wanted to say something but I am bad with words.

>So you decide what is canon and what is not now?
Fine, it's canon to the anime. The far inferior anime, which doesn't go into many of the things that the jump directly mentions, and which anyone interested in the setting should ignore in favor of the light novel.

>She did know, it is the reason why she kept a watch on him. If she could tell he had a SG she would have known that Yuuma would be going for Issei.
She didn't have anyone watching him. Her timing when he was stabbed was so good because he had the summoning circle on him, and went "oh man, this sucks, if only someone could help me". She heard that, and came to save him.

>He just happens to walk past the spot where the familiar is handing out flyers at that exact time and day? Her familiar that she can see through?
Yep. That's how she makes her living, having people make contracts with her and her peerage. She's always got someone handing out those fliers. Issei was meeting Yuma somewhere with a large concentration of people, it's the natural place to be handing out fliers. It's coincidence, nothing more.

>MGQ if I had to pick a monster girl thing to make.
A true hero stands before us. DO ETTT.

But you're one of the most consistently angry people here.

Just increase the options to 800. There's no need to take away points for other things.

You need to change the spacetime thing at least. The powers it has are incredible and the limitations are almost nothing. What does it matter that you can't take things made in it out if you can change whatever you bring in to whatever you want? At minimum you need to better define how it works so people don't just dream up the most broken things and turn simple pebbles into those things.

Nope. had to learn it over Skype.

Then let's fucking hear it, because I'll give you an earful right in return.

So, I haven't really built a Servant before, let alone boosted a canon one and tacked on new Noble Phantasm... Did I get anything wildly wrong?

Anne Bonny and Mary Read (1000 SP + 300 CP) - Rider
Servant Perks: Know Your Place, Mongrel!, Are You My Master?

Stats:
+ Str: D --> A (150)
+ End: D --> A (150)
+ (D) Agi: B --> A (25)
+ Mana: C --> B (50)
+ Luck: E --> B

Class Skills:
+ Magic Resistance: E --> A (100)
+ Voyage [Taking the place of Riding]: C --> A (50)

Personal Skills:
+ Marksmanship: N/A --> B (200)
+ Combination: N/A --> C (150)

Noble Phantasm:
+ (D) Caribbean Free Bird: C --> B++ (125)
= Anti-Unit - Combination attack that gets a sharp increase in damage the more dire the situation is.
+ Stolen Ship William: N/A --> B (200)
= Anti-Army - Summons up the very ship the pair once stole with Calico Jack. It sails through soil, down asphalt streets, and even through the air as easily as it once traveled the oceans. A small, but fast, sloop that now sports the Jolly Roger on its mast and upgraded armaments on its deck. Twenty cannons to a side. This Noble Phantasm is especially effective against other Rider Servants, but is capable of laying waste to a large opposing force with ease.

Total Cost: 1000

The IRC was discussing who was Best Girl in Rosario Vampire like 20 minutes ago.

Man, these recent discord snippets really make me glad that I stopped going there so soon.

Would it be possible to have the minions specialty ability (from both Overlord or Mastermind) have some function for recruiting/building/growing minions in future jumps?

>Skype
Hmm. Interesting.

>It's coincidence, nothing more.

I still can't believe so many coincidences, not only with Issei, but for most of the plot and the other members of her peerage.

>MGQ

C'on, don't be shy. Do both! I want to jump in there.

>Spoiler

Does that applies for me too?

>One-Armed user vs Valeria
What jumps has One-Arm made again? Besides him working on WoW I can't actually remember anything.

Mizore is best.

>Mizore is best.

Good Taste.

Don't worry about it, I've mostly made trash. Bloody Roar, Van Helsing, Terra Formars, Killing Bites (the worst of the lot), Starcraft Zerg.

Van Helsing which is good. I'm not sure what he's done recently if anything.

Objectively Correct.

>Killing Bites
I hate how I always think it is that One Piece fanfiction "This Bites".

Yeah, sorry pal, you lose that fight. Terra Forarms is pretty good though.

>I still can't believe so many coincidences, not only with Issei, but for most of the plot and the other members of her peerage.
It's a work of fiction. They're full of contrivances. And really, how would Rias have caused the circumstances of her peerage? Did she tell Kuroka to murder her master? Did Rias kill Akeno's mother? Convince the Church, the natural enemies of her people, to start the Holy Sword Project and lead to Isiah's trauma? No, that's stupid. It's just a series of improbable coincidences that result from her peerage being the protagonists and protagoninsts needing interesting backgrounds.

I mean, if you look at the actual dates, you'll see these are from its inception to a literal week ago. Still, shoving a pipe down someone's throat because of some.e shittalking on the internet? Seems rather harsh.

Well, this should be fun.

At heart OAA, I think you're a coward. You'll salt and rage all day long but almost never in public. You don't confront people with your problems. You just shit talk behind their backs. You force other people into dealing with those problems and stress instead of taking any action to address it yourself. You seem to hate me yet you've never had the balls to say anything to me, aside from the rare snide little sniping.

I've never liked you. I think I've made that clear in the past. I never liked you since the early days when you got salty when people didn't pay enough attention to you. When you get salty because people ask just a few questions, despite other people putting up with more for longer. I think you're a hypocrite and someone who has never had the spine to stand up and express his feelings about someone who wasn't already made an acceptable target.

Excellent choice.

But Van Hellsing is great! I had a ton of fun doing my write-up for it the last time through. There was a clockwork soldier war and gypsy magic everywhere! It was great!

/jc/, what's the earliest/easiest jump to get the ability to cure AIDS? I ask because I want to take Sword Art Online relatively early and I want to cure Yuuki when I do.

My first thought was that maybe the horse talisman from Jackie Chan Adventures could do it, but I've only seen the first season so I have no idea how dangerous things get by the end.

>Honest opinion
ooh! Do me, Do me!
not in that way, despite your attempts Worm shall stay the thread waifu!

Nah, like I said, lewd jump. While I may not agree with the rulings on that entirely, I'm not gonna break it either.

If you like man, I've always been happy to be open about what I think of people. If I've said it on the thread or IRC, I'm happy to repeat. Well, mostly.

Seid Eari?

Seid Eari?

Hey, calm down bro. I'm not that user with a weird hate-boner against Rias, fo course she didn't had a hand in any of those things. But some of them are way too weird for my liking, just the Kiba one, she encountered him, in the middle of nowhere, probably still around the friggin facility from the experiments. She's supposed to be the beloved sister of the maou.

>If you like man

Sure, it can't be so bad.

>ooh! Do me, Do me!

I don't think you wanted to quote me.

It escalates in later seasons. Shendu tries to free his siblings from the demon realm, and they're pretty powerful. Dao Long Won, an evil sorcerer, uses dark magic to claim the power of the Talismans for himself. Tarakudo, Lord of Oni, seeks to revive the clans of the Shadow Khan and sweep over the world in a wave of darkness. And at one point Shendu's time traveling half-demon son tries to steal the power of his entire family and become a god. Not to mention all the other various supernatural threats in the filler arcs (not the right term, but best I can approximate) between major storylines. So yeah, it's kind of a dangerous place. I mean, Jade survives it, and she's like eleven, but that doesn't actually mean it's safe.

I think at the end all the demons and magical things get banished? So dangerous enough to warrant that.

I mean if you go to Overlord and grab Level One Hundred it is probably one of the easiest jumps, since you would either need the Elixir or Divine Magic. Either would most likely fix it.

>I don't think you wanted to quote me.
Maybe you're more popular than you think, Ric.

Any of the Fire Emblems or the old Warcraft 3 jump I think? Don't think AIDS has any truck with healing magic that can cleanse the necrotic taint of a demonic/dracobominationific superweapon.

>it's a namefag is falsely modest so another namefag will compliment them episode

nah, I barely interact with Val much, so it wouldn't be as interesting

Dies Irae spelled backwards

Did they misspell Boom?

If people want to break things and cheat - in their singleplayer game that only they will ever see or care about - why should I care? If they want to abuse it, I'm not the one to stop them. That's part of that self-control thing. I try to leave limits vague so people can draw their own conclusions as to how powerful they want to be, or how much challenge they desire. That's part of the beauty of Jumpchain in there there's no rules unless those you subscribe to. It's purely your own story, and if you don't want to roll die or have stats, you don't have to.

It just kind of happens, per the wording of the perk. I'll make a note that's it's however you deem appropriate.

Well, alright then..

I honestly just don't know you that well. Most of my interactions with you I think have just been a few jokes in thread? I do find you annoying when you shitpost on purpose. I'm all for mocking people that shitpost at you, hell I'd encourage you to do so, but I find that doing it without prompting often results in just adding to the fire instead of cooling it. But when you're not doing that, you're generally pretty pleasant to see talking and often amusing and I think, once you got some experience, you've been pretty good about making jumps, though the first one was a bit rough but I think it's a fantastic sign that you're able to self analyse and try to remake it to be better, especially so soon after making it. I do like that you also go for stuff others normally haven't, like some more obscure manga or harem anime stuff.

Also I think I keep getting you mixed up with Fuanon or someone else. The flirting stuff you do is pretty funny though.

If you're hoping for any of that to have impact, princess? You're wrong - I've told myself this shit on a daily basis lately.

Let's talk about you on the other hand - and don't pretend you don't like this, you're an attention whore and shameless about it. You enjoy dominating conversation to the point of pushing people out if it takes attention away from you. You've bullied and harassed people when shit hasn't gone your way - or are you forgetting about when you bullied an apology for A2 out of Ancilla when they were at their most suicidal point, and still consider yourself the 'hero' for that?

I'm salty, but at least I'm not a manipulative, domineering twat who wishes violence on other people for not falling in line. Many people, including you yourself, claim you've changed - that you're compassionate, that you care. Just because you care about two or three people doesn't mean you've changed in the slightest - you're a cunt down to the rotten fucking core and nothing will change that.

>OOA instigates thread drama
>acts like a coward and doesn't post thereafter, proving Val's point
Really makes you think, doesn't it.

Get a the Gamer Driver Item in Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei parts 3 or 4 and punch cancer to death.

Anons. Tell me about any life you have created over your journey. Be it sapient beings, or plants/animals. Why did you make them? What are they like? How did it turn out for you?

too late for that now justice, OAA is crashing this thread with no survivors

But this isn't cheating. Or breaking things. It is a clearly obvious use of the item.

You can say that all you like but it's your job to balance these things. When even a basic reading of this item shows how overwhelmingly powerful it can be compared to the rest of the jump, that means there is an imbalance.