Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Saintly Edition

>Previous

>Warhammer Community news(The All-Devouring Swarm: New Tyranids Releases)
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/04/devouring-swarm-new-tyranids-releases/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=KgBWLAKxi-c

>GW FAQ (1.3):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ (1.2):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o8TuA-o8pnw
imgur.com/a/3IE5h
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Orks will never get a codex

First for the cult, cus we were here all along >:)

first for necron

Flamers need a buff

my dudes > your dudes

I wish the guard models looked this cool

Dscythes just don't hit like they used to....

>i2

Guess necrons are too slow

I know it's not what you're on about but
- I've found tzeentch flamers to be great low wound character assassins.

They've got fly, a small footprint, and can be hidden behind LOS blocking terrain for those turns when the opponent has started to stretch out their forces.

Double zoggin’ dubs of truth lads, pack it in.

fug

youtube.com/watch?v=o8TuA-o8pnw

Of course Tzeentch ruins everything again.
No Flamers do. i modeled all my fucking Blood Angels Tac squads with Heavy flamers because Heavy Bolters sucked dick last edition and now they are shit.

Let's try guessing the Chapter Tactics for these two:

>Dark Angels: copy paste the Fallen ability from Chaos codex
>Blood Angels: can fight twice in the turn they charged, add +1" to charge range out of deep strike

>retarded chaos player
Every damn time

maybe you're just bad? you just need to get them in range on the appropriate targets.

I recently got a decent deal on some Terminators. How should I be using them? What's their job? I wanted to get them because I think they're cool but now I realized I'm going to be equipping them and putting them in my army and I don't know what I'm doing.

before they used to wound on a 2+ the turn they came in, it was spooky as fuck

Friendly reminder that the Night Lords are only decent legion.

>not rerolling wounds against buildings

What is the appropriate target user? Tell me i need to know what i am doing wrong.

>night lords
Jobbiest Jobbers on this side of Jobbertown

Blood Angels: +1str, just base. +1 attack on charge.

Dark Angels: Hard to say. You want something to benefit bikes, terminators and generic dudes.

Lack of lubrificant.

What would be a good cheap proxy for a great unclean one? I am looking for something under 20 bucks that I can greenstuff.

Not him, but I can get 20 flamers into range turn one and they still suck ass.

No ignore cover, 8” range, no AP and expensive make them a subpar options when Storm Bolter are cheaper and are more effective at the job than flamers

Yeah, that would be cool to have again.

Xth for Texture Paint is pretty fucking neato

Just a little bit of personal experience.
I didn't say my opponents were particularly good ;)

Besides, I'm no poorfag, I collect multiple armies, no chaos loyalty here

anyone got last hunt by robmac?

I dont play space marines, but really they are good against any light infantry-- theyre also nice because nobody in their right mind will charge flamers that can overwatch them.

Nah mate, II and XI Legion are the best. Black Library not fucking ruined them yet.

I want to base my Space Marine army (Dark Angels) on the Sacred Band of Thebes.

How does that sound?

How do you stick your dude on your base if you do your base before?

Super glue?

I feel similarly. Hell, I'd take S3 -1AP over S4 0AP.

>8”
>charge from 8”+x
>no overwatch
Since the average charge range is 8” it is not hard to reliably pull it off

>giant black dicks on shields
>naked guys
>dark angels

Sounds great

Good bright orange color from GW?

...I can't tell if you're making a math joke or not

Here's what you don't do.

There is a shit ton of stuff in this game that's main purpose is killing terminators.
Like they have no other purpose but that.
When people see terminators they immediately send everything that kills them at them. Try and avoid that.

no

That's how most people do it

Troll Slayer Orange

to be honest I can see them getting Deathwing, Ravenwing and Greenwing specific traits.

As an AdMech player, how does one justify ever taking Kataphron Destroyers at all?

Kastelan Robots cost 220 for a pair of heavy-phosphor-equipped robots, and the Destroyers are 225 for 3 if you take heavy grav cannons and cognis flamers. Robots are tougher in every way, get more shots, and are significantly better in melee. They're troops, yes, but is that fact REALLY worth the 225 point price tag? I had some success with them in 7th edition, but it looks like they're staying on the shelf in 8th.

I don't understand math so if my suggestion evens out with math hammer, then lol. I just would favor having any AP over none with this edition.

What's the best faction for going |F A S T|

Terminators die on their own. No need to direct anything at them.

What does the average Hive City apartment or home looks like?

Try Harlequins.

I've seen one that was one of those cheap plastic buddahs green stuffed into a diseased hulk. looked pretty cool.

>That's how most people do it

Is it? Everyone i know base models before priming it.

> How does one have some fucking patience and wait for the codex to fix the costs

Dark Eldar or Eldar.

maybe let it have a +1 or 2 to wound so it MW on a higher number

Ever heard of those japanese mini-appartments, which are basically just a box with a bed in it? Like that, only smaller.

user on average a flamer will deal 1.56 wounds to light infantry and a Heavy Flamer will do 1.94 wounds to light infantry. now you tell me how doing a little over 3 wounds to their intended target is a good weapon.

average on 2d6 is not 8, and if you're forcing your opponent to attempt unreliable charges instead of moving in for a guaranteed, you're doing well.

I dont get it either. everyone wants to spam kataphrons but I would rather have 25 barebones vanguard for the same cost. Plus they die really quick as they're a huge fire magnet and not very resilient. AND they have bs 4+. Garbage. I run 60 vanguard/rangers in my tournament list.

Speaking of which I unironically miss 7th editions adds to buildings like tank traps, razor wire and such - I wanted to make a list that covers my half of the table in trenches and mine fields one day.
Deathwing and Ravenwing will get separate rules on top of the Chapter Tactics as they did in the past.

the codex came out a month ago, man. What the heck are you snorting?

Ynnari. Move, WotP, Move again. And they already have high movement to begin with

I really like how they look and when they hit it's fun to watch them melt things?

I do wish they were cheaper but coolness factor rules out. Though not for their breacher brothers... those poor dudes.

>Placed an order with GW almost 6 days ago
>Still pending

I know Cadia broke and only 3 million made it off planet, BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS

Are you trying to imply that Admech does not have a codex?

AP is definitely better this addition than strength

But yeah, your idea is the same
Flamers vs marines is half wound, 1/3 die
Your idea v marines is 1/3 wound, half die

>justify ever taking Kataphron Destroyers
You really can't. Kataphrons are just to expensive while not having a durability to be taken in a serious competitive list. If you really want beep boops you take Kastelans
Dark Eldar my man. Put everything in a raider or venom and have them do sick drive bys.

Surge damage? tell me what stormbolters do. Again, i dont play an army with flamers I am just going off of what I have seen.

If this is on the website, best email them to check on that. When I used to order from them they processed everything by the next day, latest.

There are a LOT of underperformers in the AdMech book. I'd venture to say they are the worst codex out so far. Breachers are pretty awful, but the vanilla, human-sized servitors might be the single worst unit in all of 40k.

I would agree, though, Destroyers look awesome. I just don't appreciate how overcosted they are.

What terminators and what army?

Usually.

Glad I spoke up then. Making me seem real smart. Pretend like I was joking from the start.

All flamers need ignores cover bonuses

I had my LGS order a Basilisk almost six months ago. Still pending

>Blood Angels
Re-roll charge for JUMP units, +1 S on charge
>Dark Angels
Overwatch on 5+, only lose one model on failed LD test

Eldar

Their troops on average move at 10 inches. And everything else moves 20-36 inches, you can also buff units to move again, and you can teleport litterally anything you want 9 inches away from something. That and a shit ton of stuff can just fly anywhere on the map on just teleport behind you. Also they don't suffer penalties from running and shooting.

Oh and they have a bunch of command stuff that lets them move outside movement phase.

Regular Terminators and Ultramarines. I also have the Termy Captain for what it's worth if that's relavent.

Then how are you supposed to base it well? Pshaw

Yeah, it's through the website. I emailed them today so hopefully I hear from them tomorrow.

Basilisk is always sold out on gw, I've had to ebay mine. Still looking for a second.

Are cataphractii terminators ever worth using? models look cool and I was thinking of getting some, deep strike in with lightning claws and hope for the best.

Sure thing
Have a curious scarab

If I move one guy in the unit to see what I want to target can everyone else shoot at it?

>Dark Eldar my man. Put everything in a raider or venom and have them do sick drive bys.
Is this actually viable? I bought into Dark Eldar a couple of weeks ago because I was led to believe they were THE goes fast faction, but after watching several battle reports I've not once seen them used in this manner. I haven't had time to finish building yet, so I haven't been able to try it myself.

no

No, though the rules do kind of read like that

>2D6”
>average 7”
>charges work within 1”
>hance why average is 8”
Do you even play?
Hell fucking 10” charges are not hard to pull of in 8th.

No.

storm bolters actually do 1.48 wounds on average but at the same time cost 7 points less than a flamer and do almost the same damage as one on average. While being 15 points less than a heavy flamer and doing .46 of a wound less.

50/50 chance isn't great odds.

They look pretty neat?
They don't look like Baymax?
> 10 rating on my pain

if you're rolling a 7 and making it within 1", you're within 8 inches when you attempt your charge, so the flamers can shoot you.
first time using math?

From what I understand tanky melee units deepstriking isnt that useful besides tarring. They also have to survive an entire turn after deepstriking because you likely can't charge anything.

What's the fluff for the Deathguard guy with the 2d6 damage flamer?
Why does it go from
can barely hurt a grot to slagging a titan?

I feel like the charge thing could be a Strategem not tactics.

Not sure what that'll be.

https //www.ebay.com/itm/Tau-army-used-/282710907904?redirect=mobile

In case anyone is interested

imgur.com/a/3IE5h

Did armies on parade today