boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/52264122/#52264122
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/52025780/#52025780
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/50858472/#50858472
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/50241925/#50241925
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/49600191/#49600191
archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/"i have no idea what races to use"/type/op/
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56264983/#56265992
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have no races. Each character's "race" is made of several traits and mutations that are either rolled for randomly or mixed through point buy system.

Looks like a tabaxi to me

What kind of game are you looking to set up? What sort of setting do you want to play in?

A dieselpunk post-apocalyptic world would have very different races to a hollow earth setting where the canon Underdark exists as a barrier between the outer & inner worlds.

For the former I would go with thinks like competent tinker gnomes, gnolls, orcs, ratfolk and hobgoblins vs. dinosaur people, serpentfolk, svirfneblin and tel-amhothlans in the latter, incidentally.

boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/54096996/#54096996
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/53439041/#53439041
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/53317095/#53317095
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/52264122/#52264122
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/52025780/#52025780
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/50858472/#50858472
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/50241925/#50241925
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/49600191/#49600191
FUCK OFF. GO BE FURRY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

write down all the races you can think of. ALL OF IT. Then roll a 1d8, that's how many you 1d(number of races) you have to roll.
Those 1d8 are the races you're gonna use, no matter how discordant or human-less the combo is.

Could you stop shitposting?

This thread is bait. You don't believe the OP actually intends to run a game do you?
Aside from the fact that OP keeps reposting this thread after hundreds of replies, please read the OP text closely.
>I have no idea what races to use.
To use where? In a game? The OP did not say it was in a game. If so, what kind of game? What setting? Is there magic in the setting? Is it in space? Do those races need to be playable? Why does this game need multiple races in the first place? We don't know. There is basically ZERO context in the written words.
It's like saying "I have no idea what clothes to wear", that depends on a lot of context.

Also, the OP text is not even a question. It is a statement.
>I have no idea what races to use.
Compare to:
>What races should I use?
Those are not the same sentence. The OP technically isn't even asking for suggestions.

Different races are the poor man's substitute for different cultures, and are the bankrupt man's substitute for different personalities.

Or, get this, they can be used for aesthetic reasons and explorations of things that human only games cannot replicate.

Also your statement is dumb. Human only games suffer the same problems as ones with multiple race, and it's called lazy players relying on stereotypes. They'd be just as bad in human only games relying on stereotypical irish or germans or aztecs and have the same shitty stereotypes for classes, and the same shitty stereotypes in whatever shitty fucking game you run.

You're just a lazy thinker who relies on the familiar and safe without branching out into the weird and wonderful.

Goombas, Toads, Shyguys, Koopas, and Kongs.

>no, u

Opinion discarded. Have a nice day!

The ones your players want to play

Humans only shitposters continue to (fail) at understanding why having non-human races is good. You also assume that a non-human character must be inherently more shallow then a human one, which is stupid.

Stereotypes are not bad. Stereotypes can tell a lot about a character before the character even speaks. Will they play on the stereotypes in an interesting way? Break away from the stereotype, or just be a 1 to 1 copy of the race's stereotype? All of these are interesting outcomes and could build into an interesting character. Non-human races also have interesting biological and mental differences that can make them feel more unique and alien. Race of butterfly people who believe that becoming a cocoon is like a religious experience and acts as their rite of passage is uniquely interesting compared to humans, as humans cannot have anything similar to it in terms of biology. Races that live shorter or longer lives then humans are also inherently interesting, due to differences in experience.

Mechanically, having more races also grants more opportunities. Having everyone be just a human limits the potential for character building in the mechanics of the game. You can't choose to be a water breathing human, or a flying human, or an 8 foot tall human, but fantasy races can.

Then, there's window dressing. You may sneer at the idea of alien or fantasy races just being dressed up, but why is it bad? In your mind's eye, a busy fantasy street or star dock is going to be crowded with people. If they're all human, it will look pretty similar to any busy street in the human world, even if you make it multicultural. If they're fantastic however, then the street in your mind's eye will be much more interesting with huge horned minotaur men carrying a fat merchant, little goblin pickpockets running underfoot, elves playing music on a lute that enchants brooms to sweep up the street. Humans only settings just don't have that.

To end off my rant up there; there's also this retarded assumption that fantasy roleplaying characters need to be deep or complex in the first place.

Remember, this is a board about traditional GAMES, not all of it includes roleplaying. Not all of it needs to include deep roleplaying. If you're just playing the game as a barbarian and you choose to ignore magic equipment from time to time because you don't trust wizards, or if you play as a dwarf and haggle with other party members to get all of the ancient and good tasting alcohol as loot; why is this a bad thing? Why is this the 'wrong' way to play the game?

It isn't. Stop shoving your human only nonsense down everyone's throat. There's no faster way to make people hate it.

>humans
>lizardfolk
>furry elves
>I don't know what the fuck that is
>furry gnomes
>fat lizardfolk
>flying elves?
I hate you japan

YOU GOT YOUR ANSWER SEVERAL TIMES.
EITHER GIVE MORE CONTEXT RIGHT NOW OR STOP REPOSTING.

Aesthetic differences don't mean much in a medium where you'll rarely if ever actually see the difference.
Some aesthetic differences can provide flavor without actually seeing them though.
Being huge, being tiny, being lanky, and four-legged etc. all give a distinct impression.
Visual traits that imply a serious difference from the norm give a distinct impression, even when they don't have mechanics that really match the impression. Reptile-looking-races are a very distinct thing, because from real-life we can infer from that that they need warmer environments, lay eggs, probably aren't as protective of their young, etc.
Mechanical men feel distinct, since they are artificial, and thus definitely don't have the same life-cycle or innards as a human would, and probably owe their existence to a different intelligent race.
Beastfolk, despite being a relatively common sort of race are a bit harder to make truly interesting, instead of just cute, slightly novel, or fapbait.

One race having an average height of 5ft and the other race having a height of 4ft does is not an interesting difference by itself, and can only become an interesting difference if this height difference has something to do with what they come from.
Having a dozen different kinds of furry beastfolk is not inherently interesting, unless ???.

continued

My rule of thumb are as follows:
Don't give the players too much race stuff they'll have to read through when making a character, so if you can't make the races quick to read through then either decrease the amount of core races or have some way of limiting options if shit gets crazy, or put races into groupings based on either lore appearance, or start-items or class options.
Make them unique enough to be more than just humans with pointy ears.
Give them a different life-cycle, or a way of life that's different in a way that human ways of life aren't. Having 1 race be city-states, and the other race be aggressive nomads is not a big enough difference to justify having completely different races, since both roles can just as easily be filled by different cultures of the same race.
Don't make them so fundamentally different that playing them in a group with other people would be a chore, or that you couldn't relate to or have any feelings about the race.

I think there's one guy that posts most of Veeky Forums. So many of the same threads show up all the time with minimal variation, all one-line posts designed to get replies, if not outright bait people.

I am not sure if this being is good or evil.

I'm voting for him to be neutral annoying.

>humans
>lizard folk
>rabbit earred amazons
>The Mystics from The Dark Crystal
>mascot folk
>trolls
>succubii

Come on; you're being overly fucking pedantic.

Green elves with tusks

The ones your players want. All other choices are wrong.

Since Veeky Forums is so up its ass about modern orcs just being "green elves with tusks", how about we actually just turn that into its own race, like we did with corgis and moth-fey?

Corgis?

I like this. Do this.

I have no idea what racists to use.

Have you picked a system ?

If not, decide on that before worrying about what races to include.

If you have picked a system, use the races included with it unless you have a good reason to add/remove any.

Uruk

You an uruk, a half-elf half-orc creature. As an uruk, you have a unqiue combination of elfish finesse and orc brutality that often puts in positions of power and prestige among orc societies.

Ability Score Increase. Your strength score increases by 1.

Age: Uruks mature almost as fast as orcs, reaching adulthood around age 15. But their strong constitution allows them to live longer if they can fight, to nearly 1000 years old.

Improved Darkvision: Thanks to your oc blood, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 120 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Insert Drow dazzled in sunlight stuff here.

Menacing. You gain proficiency in the Intimidation skill.

Relentless Endurance. When you are reduced to 0 hit points but not killed outright, you can drop to 1 hit point instead. You can’t use this feature again until you finish a long rest.

>Succubii
U wot m8? They're dragon people

Shit like this is why Veeky Forums needs to be closed down. It's ship has sailed and there's nothing left but trolls and baiters.

I may have let out an unmanly squee. Which is odd since I'm a bearded gruff and outwardly cynical security guard. I'm glad nobody was around to see that...

Humans, whatever races your players want to play, and whatever other races (if any) you think you can make a plot with.

Tel-Amhothlan - Half-Orc/Half-Elf
Ability Score Modifiers: +1 Dexterity, +1 Strength
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet
Vision: Darkvision 60 feet
Relentless Endurance: When you are reduced to 0 hit points, but not killed outright, you can instead choose to be reduced to 1 hit point instead. After using this trait, you cannot use it again until you complete a long rest.
Fey Ancestry: You have Advantage on saving throws against being Charmed and are Immune to Magical Sleep effects.
Keen Senses: You have Proficiency in the Perception skill.
Muddied Heritage: Tel-Amhothlans are chaotic breed and can favor either orcish or elvish aspects of their lineage. Choose the Orcish Brutality, Elvish Grace or Fae Magic subrace options.

Orcish Brutality:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Constitution
Savage Attacks: When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, you increase the damage inflicted by +1 dice.
Powerful Build: You are treated as being one size category larger to determine your capacity to Push, Pull, Drag, Lift and Carry.

Elvish Grace:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Dexterity
Fleet-Footed: Your base walking speed increases to 35 feet.
Natural Athlete: You have Proficiency in the Athletics skill.

Fae Magic:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Charisma
Mystic Talent: You can cast one Wizard cantrip of your choice. Charisma is your casting ability score when casting the cantrips provided by this trait. At the DM's permission, at character creation, you can trade this racial feature for Drow Magic (PHB pg24); this choice cannot be undone later.

meh good enough

Ask your players what they want to play. Work the setting with them around the races they chose. Fill in the blanks as needed.

slim, rock, plant, and fire

rat, sack, arms, and wacky.

STOP REPLYING TO BAIT.
THE OP HAS NO INTENTION OF DOING ANYTHING WITH FICTIONAL RACES. THE OP HAS NOT EVEN ASKED A QUESTION.

I have no idea what replies to use.

Do you really think that you getting angry about constant reposts will do anything ?

It hasn't stopped them before. What makes you think that this time will be any different ?

Or do you just enjoy the possibility that you are the one being baited ?

Deer Centaur

You said:
>My threads were created to spur discussion and get fun ideas for new and creative races.
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56264983/#56265992
That is bullshit. Your threads are objectively worse for your claimed purpose than "elf slave wat do" threads and here's why.
"elf slave" = providing context
"wat do" = asking for ideas
You have done neither of those.

Pure sub Shahara Black, Han Chinese, Norwegian Norse, And last but not least an Alaskan Inuit.

WAAAAAAHHHHH WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

come up with your own context and flail your original setting before everyone

WoW shit aside that really is more practical for a player race in terms of size

How about psychic rat swarms that can approximate a humanoid shape?

Clavat, Selkie, Lilty, Yuke

I bet you're very fun to be around

>The Mystics from The Dark Crystal

How the fuck did I Miss that? They totally are, thanks user

I only liked the potato people from those, perfectly captures how theyre trying vers hard to look badass instead of adorable, every other Example of the same cliche race just fails in this regard imo