Why are alt coins paired so confusing??

Why are alt coins paired so confusing??
How am I suppose to know how much 0,003485 of BTC or 0,034757 of ETH really costs when it's not a proper currency?
Why don't they make a coin pair that is always 1 USD but increases in total volume whenever people buy it..?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Satoshi_(unit)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tether_(cryptocurrency)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1 btc = 1 btc

Think only in ether or sats. If you gocash out in fiat then you fiat when btc or ether is at ath

What's a sat?

I’m having the same problem. Someone said here if you want to succeed, you have to look at sats and not USD. My brain still can’t really wrap around it and idk how much i may be spending or gaining without a converter.

Newfags

Btc currency

OK guys...most of us...we aren't cashing out anytime soon. We are here to fucking make it. To fucking make it, we need to accumulate mass crypto. Generally the big bois of crypto are ETH and BTC. The idea is to stack that ETH / BTC however possible. It's useful to know generally how much ETH/BTC is trading at....but I really just want more ETH. I'll worry about USD valuations when I'm cashing out assuming shit doesn't go horribly wrong and tank. That's when I'd worry about fiat valuation. Until then I'm fucking stacking ETH and BTC. I need them sats.

en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Satoshi_(unit)

Sats or satoshi

but how do I convert it to USD or EUR or GBP or AUD equivalent, you know currency that actually matters..?

So here's the answer and anyone can correct me if they think I'm wrong.
1) Look at how the alt coin value looks on your screen (regardless of pairing):
0.00000000 it's a 0 dot and 8 zeroes
2) now forget that there is 0 and forget the dot
What you have left is a number
These are satoshi.
3)ETH/BTC exchange is now roughly 2:1

>Why don't they make a coin pair that is always 1 USD but increases in total volume whenever people buy it..?

There is, USDT: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tether_(cryptocurrency)

It is a scam, run by scammers, who've run off with almost all the dollars deposited.

The revelation of this fact will cause a couple exchanges to go bust and a massive crash in the crypto market next year.

>>>/reddit/

times it by btc's usd price

Multiply sat by price of your btc / usd. Or just worry about stacking sats. You knew that already though, right? This board has gone full retard. Also stop buying ripple, buy ICX or SALT.

t. retards

There is USD-T op

How do I pull coinmarketcap info into LibreOffice?

they have an api

for a very short window when btc was 10k it was awesome. don't worry we're revisiting it soon

4) The coin that you buy regardless of what you are buying it for ETH or BTC will still look:
5) Now the pairing is important:
If you want to know the alt value you look at it's pairing in satoshi values.
BTC/ALT COIN pairing is easy because what you see is what you get.
With ETH, you first check the exchange value of ETH/BTC then divide the satoshi in ETH paired ALT by that exchange cooeficient and now you know how much the coin is worth in BTC
Questions?

What exchange is the best for alt coins? Binance? They have withdrawal fees.

binance is the biggest; some coins won't be there, so you'll have to use a bunch of them depending what coin you want. withdrawal fees are everywhere so price them in along with income taxes if you dream about cashing out

Gemini doesn't have withdrawal fees... I don't have capital gain taxes...

Info graphic pls

what altcoins does gemini have dumbass

ETH and BTC

... ok user

...wut?

Veeky Forums said the BTC is an ALT coin now

lol dude what the fuck hahahhaahahahahahahahahah I love and hate the shithole biz has become. Remember robinhood + drop shipping threads?