Archaon is best waifu

His backstory is great. Templar of Sigmar, and read a book and got woke af. Fuck the southern gods. The endtimes worked out so great for Archaon.

I know this is bait but im still mad, he went from a somewhat badass chaos champion who had one of the best models in the game to a villain sue with a fisher price toy for a model

Yeah. Don't know what the fuck the management were smoking when they greenlit that turd.

I know, the whole cool factor of the original was the restraint, it knew that chaos warriors are in of themselves badass, and that having a chaos warrior in slightly fancier armor in a dramatic stance on a horse was enough to be badass, and that confidence paid off

is a three headed chaos dragon cool? maybe, is over the top armor cool? maybe, but over-cluttering a model with everything "cool" comes off as insecure and shallow

I disagree

I'll have this world...kid...

Still being a jackass about a gameplay screenshot, I see.

>The templar rocked slightly on his armoured knees. It was just him and the God-King, in the holiest place in all the Empire.

>‘You have forsaken me,’ Kastner hissed to himself, his dry lips pronouncing each word slowly within the confines of the hood. The templar looked up at the statue’s proud features. The statue gleamed its goldenness and from the low angle, Sigmar looked like a haughty and disdainful god. ‘I have lived a devout existence. Bettered myself with study, for your good grace. Trained to my limits and served you through the sword. I have honoured you. I have loved you. I have given you everything I have. Yet you have left me lost on a path to I know not where.’

>The templar was bathed in shafts of coloured light from the stained-glass window and felt his harsh whispers rise on the heat of the morning sun.

>‘I am no longer an instrument of your design,’ Kastner said. ‘A yardstick to measure the purity of others, a weapon for you to wield in punishment and a shield to protect your Empire from foes near and far. I am changing. I am changed. I know it. Circumstance has turned me from my purpose, in service of others unknown. Like the warped arrow, I fly untrue, yet hit the mark. I will not be a nothing in your eyes. A dog to be put down in the street. I am not an error. An aberration. I am not history to be re-written. I am not a mistake to be corrected. Speak to me, my lord. My Emperor-of-all. My God-King. Show my heart the way. Lead me back to your light and love. I did all in service of you. Like the arrow shaft, I can be softened and straightened. Like the imperfect blade, I can be re-forged. I beg of you, my lord. Find use for me again.’

>Kastner rose to his feet. He felt sick to his stomach. His knees felt weak.

>‘Don’t leave me,’ Kastner pleaded with his lord, ‘the plaything of fate. Show me a sign – in this place of all places. Anything, curse you.’ But nothing came. Kastner’s lifetime of devotion and service was rewarded with the kind of monumental silence only a towering statue could deliver.

>‘You speak not,’ Kastner mouthed within the darkness of his helmet, ‘but I hear everything. Silence will be met with silence, God-King. Nothing so singularly personifies the prayer unanswered as a god powerless to save his people. So be it. You will watch your worshippers suffer and die – as I drag down your Empire into the embers of Armageddon. You will hear me then, God-King. You will hear me in the pleading prayers of your people, held under my blade. You will hear me in the ravenous fires – that will eat all you have lived to build. You will hear me in the deafening silence of the End Times, where I will leave your petty Empire no world left to conquer. Though half-blind, I see you for the fraud you have always been. The appealing ramblings of a mad friar. I renounce your false majesty – and will forge a path of my own making. I will champion my undoing and accept allegiance of those that already answer the hatred in my heart. I do this out of hatred for you, my lord. Out of hatred for all the fickle Powers of this world, who play at destiny with men’s souls. With darkness lies a new beginning, as with me lies the end of man and all godkind.’

-(Archaon Everchosen)

The best thing about Archaon that he is relatable and sympathetic. Anyone could see himself in his shoes. His rage, pain, and despair hits home.

BIG MONSTAH

>‘You never answered my question,’ Archaon said softly, after a moment of silence. ‘Would it be so bad, to lose yourself?’

>Canto hesitated, and then said, ‘Yes. Who I am, who I was, is the only thing I have left. To surrender it is to lose everything I fought for in the first place.’

>‘You value the life you had, then?’ Archaon said. ‘You cling to the past, afraid to face the future.’ He swept out a hand towards the shimmering black globe. ‘See, Unsworn, the beautiful thing which awaits all of us. It is not terrifying. It is life, and change, and growth. It is the life which springs from death. This world is dead, but a new one is growing here.’

>‘Mushrooms from a corpse,’ Canto said.

>Archaon lowered his hand. ‘If you like. Maybe the world to come will be simpler, at that. Less burdened by the weight of history and failure. What I do know is that it will be stronger than this husk of a world we reside in now. There will be no weakness, no false morality or burdensome piety to chain men. The gods will sweep aside the old, and unmake the false foundations upon which the lie of this world stands.’

>‘And that will be better, will it?’ Canto asked, without thinking.

>‘Yes.’

>‘For whom?’ he asked. Archaon looked at him. Canto waited, then, when no punishing strike came, he continued. ‘I never wanted this burden. It just came on me. I’m only a man,’ he said softly. He looked at his hand, encased in black iron for gods alone knew how many centuries. ‘I’ve only ever been a man. A wicked, evil man, who has done wicked, evil things. But I was never a monster. Never that.’

>Archaon chuckled. ‘And what would you be now, Unsworn? Man or monster?’

>‘I would be true to myself,’ Canto said, though not without hesitation.

>‘There was one other who spoke like that,’ Archaon said. ‘His name was Mortkin. They called him the Black-Iron Reaver, and he carved his saga on the hearts of the gods themselves.’ He glanced at Canto. ‘He could have been the one standing here, once upon a time.’

>‘And why isn’t he?’

>‘In the end, he remained true to himself. He was a man, Unsworn, not a monster.’ Archaon turned back to the coruscating darkness of the globe. ‘But I shed my humanity long ago. I cannot escape what is inside me, nor would I wish to. I have been in darkness for so long, that I fear I would find the light blinding.’ He stared up at the globe, as if seeking something within its glistening depths.

>‘I am a monster and I have set the world aflame, so that I might watch it burn.’

-(Lord of the End Times)

Archaon has to be the best written Chaos character in both settings.

>The best thing about Archaon that he is relatable and sympathetic. Anyone could see himself in his shoes. His rage, pain, and despair hits home
If you have 15yrs old, perharps

>only teenagers have crises of faith

Only 10 year olds think so.

>Decide to slaughter his own species because his god didn't spoke with him.
That's barely a crisis of faith, that's full blown edginess

>a race living on a dying world, made playthings and pawns by the gods of Chaos and Order
>endlessly suffering and then dying for the amusement of thirsting gods

It was a mercy.

none was asking for mercy you pussy

>The endtimes worked out so great for Archaon.
>"I'LL KILL THE WORLD TO DESTROY CHAOS THROUGH STARVATION HAHA"

And then it didn't. Abad- oh, sorry, ARCHAEON got rused.

>jackass
I just posted that pic because it's funny and depicts someone relevant to the discussion

where's the jackassery, carnac? you're overly paranoid

>I fear I would find the light blinding

Don't lie to me, user. We have the archive.

You will receive it anyway for your own good.

He just was thinking too small. There is an entire multiverse out there. If he snuffs out all the universes, eventually Chaos will be finished.

>Finds out he's prophesied to be the Everchosen
>Instead of accepting faithful martyrdom, chimps out and decides this he might as well do it because... because
Stupidest backstory ever.

>only teenagers have crises of faith
No, also manchildren

He committed suicide though. It didn't work.

>Don't lie to me, user. We have the archive.
>All pictures get posted with the same intent every single time

It was me, barry, it has always been me.
but you will never find me because I'm everyone

Should've tried harder

Portals.

Start thinking with them.

Honestly, though, I'm still baffled that realmgates have not even an implied or suggested origin story yet, don't you agree?

They aren't suppose to. You know, mystery and junk. All we know that the Realmgates are somehow older than the realms themselves.

Power fists.

THIS POST DOES NOT HAVE MY CONSENT

We need archaon rule 34.

>I know this is bait but im still mad

>I've had a crisis of faith
>time to kill everything

Serious question: Did Kastner have the requisite knowledge to understand that it truly would be a mercy for that world to end utterly? Did he know enough about the world and the forces that ruled it to know for a fact that it was inevitable for the bad guys to win?

No. He swallowed whatever was fed to him like an wide-eyed toddlet

>posting book cover without posting pdf for the book

Do you know where you are?

Biggest mistake they ever made was deciding that Old World and 40k should work exactly the same.

Reminder that tyrion destroys Archaon without losing half his HP.

Didn't Grimgor shatter the Eye of Sheridan with his skull?

Must feel right autistic to let a damn Greenskin even touch you, let alone destroy one of your items.

This. I love the old model, New one was just too hectic

The Arachaon the Evervirgin vs Grimgor Ironchad

I kind of like Archaon's AoS model.

It looks like he's riding a chaotic pic related.

THE EVERVIRGIN
>needless, overly elaborate backstory
>fifth of his title
>basically a shittier Asavar Kul, Crom is cooler too
>nordland snownigger
>impractically large horns
>needs four magic items to be worth anything in a fight
>tries to be an edgy anti hero, runs away and cries to khorne when he gets his ass kicked
>in Age of Smegmar

GRIMGOR IRONCHAD
>just wandered out of the dark lands one day because he wanted to
>bows to no other git, knows he'z da best
>respected by all other orky beings, immortulz loyal to him alone
>orky tusks
>only needs his plate armour and giant axe, made from gromril stolen from and tempered in the blood of dwarf shits
>gets stuck in wiv da boyz fer a laugh
>still remains part of the iconic Old World to this day

>sympathetic

>Why doesn't the divine protector of all the millions of people living in the Empire speak to me, when I demand it. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PSHHHH I'LL HAVE THIS UNIVERSE...KID

Reminder that in 6th edition Thorgrim Grudgebearer kills Archaon in 1 turn of combat