Connected to ZONet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Maersk_Superfreighter_Plan.mapsft
>13_Tips_When_Travelling_Into_The_SOX.zdf
>Metaplanar_Travel__The_Superior_choice.trid
>T-Bird.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 1000 (5% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, could you pick me up? There are some Devil rats wishing my hot BOD down there.'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Flying_Through_the_Skies__Mile_High.BTL...

>Drive straight
>Conserve fuel
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever hitchhike with a dragon

Travel Edition
What amount of the world have you seen?
Been on all 6 continents? Or have you never left your starting city?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/ctxhes.chum5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>grogtards in charge of the OP
KYS

Space is the only frontier that matters, chummer.

>space may be the final frontier but it's made in a Hollywood basement
This is more true than ever in the Sixth World.

>grogtards
???

>Here's the sheet with the bulk mod issue-
>a.pomf.cat/ctxhes.chum5
For visibility.

Hey Veeky Forums, first time shadowrunner here. I'll be starting up a group shortly as DM, and wanted to get the general consensus on 5e books. Should I stick to core, allow all specific books, or which are worth completely ignoring?

If you're pretty familiar with the corebook, I'd say allow anything in CRB, R&G, RF, CF, RA and SG. Obviously, you should either be overseeing char creation or be okaying every single runner before day 1.

Shadowrun is intended to be a build-what-you-want system, but doesn't function like it at all

Shadowrun is not intended to be played with a grid and miniatures, but doesn't function like it at all

Shadowrun is intended to have some level of granularity and realism with regards to firearms and hacking, but doesn't function like it at all

Shadowrun is not intended to be a murderhobo cold-blooded black morality play, but doesn't function like it at all

Shadowrun is intended to function like a complete, comprehensive, and cohesive, cogent RPG system should, but doesn't

Even if you're willing to wrestle with or ignore the deep and vast flaws of this legacy system, even in its fifth edition, you will need to do a lot of rigorous research to keep your ducks in a row, as the editing is atrocious, minutiae rules are scattered and unclear, and errata has yet to be compiled into second print runs.

Also R5, sans noizquitos which are errated out.

I'm assuming it's a bunch of newbies, so getting a handle on the CRB stuff should prioritise above learning the R5 and DT stuff. I do agree though, eventually.

First you are fake news and not real
Second you can run the game with just core but won't be much fun
Third recommended books would be: Run&Gun, Run Faster, Street Grimoire, Rigger 5, Chrome Flesh, Data Trails and Cutting Aces
Hard Targets and Gun Haven are books that people have some feelings about. Some gear can be considered too good but are mostly fine
Forbidden Arcana is filled with both good and completely broken stuff.
State of The Art is full of fun stuff and would recommend despite how good the Cyberspine is
The rest are small supplements that you can use as the need arises

>realism
>hacking

SR has never tried for that; old editions and their phreaking rules seem more realistic to us now, but they're still heavily fictionalized versions of actual hacking, which is calling entry-level guys and pretending to be the IT department. It always has been Hollywood computer magic, because that's fun.

R5 is necessary for people to get a good variety of vehicles and mods for them. Even if no one is playing a rigger, the rules are straghtforward enough that it's not adding unnecessary complexity to everyday gaming, only the ability to get more out of their rides.

Okay

Shadowrun is intended to be fun and entertaining Hollywood hacking, but isn't

Thanks, this is exactly the kind of post I was looking for

>new player is dropping in the group
>wants to play a rigger
>"Oh, well, that's a little complicated to start with. Maybe you should try something else..."
>he won't budge
How should we help him?

He'll be fine as long as he starts as the getaway driver, and branches into drones later.
Indulge him.

Figure out what he'd rather play, a swarm commander or one-with-the-tank, then help him build it

Being a single-vehicle driver is far less complicated

So... Second Amendment?

Ine vehicle can be fun. Ramming into the building you want to storm is classic and mowhawk as fuck.
While the others are doing their job he can help out with those Rigger only matrix moves, or scout the way with a single drone OR just have gifhts witht he security to protect the get away vehicle.

Are there good alternatives to the mess that is Shadowrun right now ?

SHALL NOT BE DERAILED

Also while new players usually try to get "the best" thing they can get their grubby little hands on, try to explain them that good enough is good enough.
Sure the Ares Roadmaster is a beast, but for a fraction of that money you can Buy the gopher, add a ram plate, improve armor and still have money left over, ram in walls AND he won't be driving a civilian Tank that screams "SHADOWRUNNER" around.

You can get the mess they made in 2005, or the mess they made in 1998, or the mess they made in 1992, or even the mess they made in 1989.

The platonic Street Samurai is lethal with both melee and ranged weapons. Is there any way to leverage a character to actually be effective with either or are you limited to being good with one and only okay with the other?

The language you're using is too difficult for the anti-gunners, you have to use simpler phrases like this.

Please don't do this.

Get 12+dice and 8+ damage with either and you're pretty damned lethal compared to the average person. That's fairly easy straight out of chargen.

Focus on melee, because that's harder to gitgud at. You gofast, have high STR and AGI, etc. Then all you need are points in a firearm skill and you're gold.

AGI is god stat for a reason, and it's piss easy to get both STR and AGI full-body augs

Let's be honest here, if the IP dies and goes to the germans. please great spirit, let it happen

They will need to slaugther a LOT of holy cows and most likely this place will turn into a salt mine. Most of the games system is all over the fucking place, came into being where tabletop was basically unheard of or where written by unskilled munchkins.

Fine.

Talk about lolis instead?

>where written by unskilled munchkins.
That's still the case

Now this I can get behind

You don't need to be anti-gun to realize the bullshit being spread about the 2nd Amendment. I'm the guy arguing from the last thread and I'm pro-gun. However I'm also anti-stupidity, and I hate revisionist history without regard to evidence.

That is a good butt... But not loli.

Or you can get the Nissan Hauler and have the perfect team vehicle(that is not from german books)
Slap concealed armor, personal armor, custom protection, spoofed chips, morphing plate, amenities(high) and chameleon coating.
You get well armored vehicle that looks like regular SUV that fits everywhere. Bonus foldable seats for extra space in the back

Can we talk about sweet cyberware that actually does things too?
People should take a look at the german Cyberspine, that stuff is like coke after lent.

>still posting about politics

Toyota gopher is german? I was thinking that it would be in the english CRB too.
Well, the power of german engineering.

But mobile bases are a damn nice thing to have.

for what it does the Cyberspine is too good
Little bit more expensive than the Wired Reflexes and Reaction Enchancers but much cheaper in essence and since its a single piece of ware it doesn't even need to be turned wireless for the reaction bonuses to stack
I fucking love it but still

>That's still the case
I know.

Sure, sorry for not using my magic powers to know that we've all agreed to change the subject while I was still posting.
This is why I fucking hate mages.

But it's pretty much the stuff mundane need.
You don't need to sell your old ware if you wan't to play RAW and since the essence cost is over 1,X, no matter what, it's a big no-no for most awakened.

God I want an elf to kiss.

No, no. the Ghoper is Core Rulebook but its a pickup truck and less subtle
What I was referring to was almost every single car from the german books. Like everything is better in every way than its none german competitors. There was even an English car model that is basic car and german variation of the same model that costed 1k more but better in every way.
Cars from german books are OP

So elves look like they're perpetually 17 year old, right?

How feasible would it be for there to be a mutated subtype that looked perpetually 12 year old instead? I'm asking for myself, I love little girls, you see.

They're called gnomes. Dumb loliposter.

german engineering
Memes aside, is it also in the english CRB that drain damage can only be healed by natural healing, no first aid or magic ?

But gnomes don't look like 12 year olds.

Elves aren't perpetually 17, even if you assume they peak late. They just live for a long-ass time, I think they all get stuck in their 30s-50s just for maximum DILF/MILF

Anyone who looks like a child is a gene freak, even without neoteny

Si

Well, backalley biosculpting makes it possible.

They literally have the neotenic quality.

Okay, good to hear, easily overlooked in that bloat.

But elves mature at a rate that is similar to humans, they just look like they're young. While they might just start aging much more slowly once their puberty ends, we can't really know, since no elf has died of old age yet.

Completely agree on this point
Being upgradable is amazing. the flavor is superb
But you can't deny that fully upgraded cyberspine blows its competitors out of the water

Where can I find this apparently amazing cyberspine?

>Much cheaper in essence.
It isn't
Remember its Alphaware.

State of the Art: ADL and in Chummer.

Yeah it does, it's hard to get but beaths buying single bits and pieces with ease.

But here we have a nic thing where it makes SENSE again for an old manager to have improved reflexes, bone lacing and reaction boosters.

German books
inb4 TOBLERONE

But they look like gnomes, not lolis.

A fully upgraded Cyberspine IS in fact cheaper in essence compared to Wired Reflexes 3 + Reaction Enchancers 3 while on the same quality
What put the cyberspine back is the higher availability of its upgrades
State of The Art ADL

Then it's really fucking cheap in nuyen if it is, but it's nowhere mentioned and never said that it counts as cyberware package.

Well, i'm going to build a S-K fanboy with dual grapple hands, cyberspine and some airtanks to fire his hands more often.

Where can I learn more about German ware if I don't speak Greman?

German players?

Just assume that everything made by the Germans is better and just invent the rules yourself. You won't be far off.

Well, not for most adepts, but they are in in even worse shape than most samurai anyway.

Is it possible to craft a patterned mask using adversarial input techniques to foil security drone and camera neural networks?

>This is more true than ever in the Sixth World.
Also significantly less true.

The population in sixth world orbit is way larger than usually given credit for, and supports its own scavenger and runner ecosystem. Even minor corps who have no interest in space have research pods in orbit, and that's not even taking the moon or mars into account.

What does it do? Not a German speaker. Really regretting taking Spanish.

Acts as reaction enchantment 1, reflex booster 1, plastic bone lacing, bio monitor and just as you think it's done pulling miracles out of it's ass, it's also modular, meaning there are adiitional packs you can add to it to improve it's performance.

>Entsprechend sind Bodytech-Komplettpakete
aus der ADL eher am oberen Ende des Qualitäts-und Preisspektrums für Bodyware zu finden. Alle hiervorgestellten Komplettpakete bestehen aus Alphaware.

Come again?

Most german ware is in Chummer.

>miracles
Its really mostly a combination of the mentioned Augs, with the nice bonus that you can canonically upgrade it, instead of having to rip out your shit.
So basically what awakened get for every single power since the core book.

Could a rating 6 medkit fit inside of a cyberarm? SR5e says medkits rating 4+ fit are carried in a case but it doesn't say how big the case is.

>Could a rating 6 medkit fit inside of a cyberarm?
They are duffel bag sized, so unless you have a mega bulky arm, no.

>They are duffle bag sized
Do you have a source on that?

Honestly that kind of augmentation paradigm is what augmentation in SR should be. That's how we keep cybermages from being a thing, we just gate off a large number of improvements to this high-essence, high-capacity system that will inexorably gut a low-level character's ability to regain their Magic or whatever.

Regarding the efficiency and Price of the Siemens Cyberspine:

Alphaware Bonelacing (Plastic): 0,4 Essence, 9600 Nuyen

Alphaware Wired Reflexes 1: 1,6 Essence, 46800 Nuyen

Alphaware Reaction Enhancers 1: 0,24 Essence, 15600 Nuyen

Alphaware Biomonitor: 0,08 Essence, 600 Nuyen

Total cost: 2,32 Essence, 72600 Nuyen.
Substract 10% Essence Cost because its a Cybersuite (rules in Chrome Flesh and Boston Lockdown) and you end up at ~2,08x Essence.

The Spine itself costs exactly 2,09 Essence and 72600 Nuyen, so the same as a Cybersuite designed by the already existing rules does.

So, no, its not overpowered, its actually following the US rules.
The only real bonus this thing offers is the upgradeability.

wait, doesn't that mean it locks out the GOOD Initiative boosters?

Still a good piece of quipment.
And anything that fucks with mages is good in my book.
That reminds me, i need a FEV sensor array.

You mean synaptic and move-by-wire ?

Because you can buy packages for more wired reflexes or reaction enchantments.

Bullets & Bandages supplement.

>still good

Sure, and I'd take it for every PC where W1+RE2 is fine for the start of the game.
But if you want more at Chargen, you'd need restricted gear and if I'm willing to take that one, directly jumping to Alphaware MBW 2 (3,2 Essence, 150k Nuyen) is IMHO usually the more sensible option.

I meant FAB, i'm sorry.

I thinking the cyberspine is a step in the right direction for cyberware. It reminds of feats in dnd 5e with how a feat will often not only give you the feat but some bonus on top and it like extra armor.

What's even more interesting, it's not a new idea. There are cyberware packages from CGL, the germans just went "What if we put actually usefull things in a package and make it modular ?"

I'm fine with 12+2d6. Add medical betameth to the mix and I'm golden.
It also makes you pretty hard to hit.

I think that the arm is also build so that it can store medical gear properly, which would cut the size down and you also have already a computer and usually Wi-Fi access with a limb, which saves size again.
There I'd also the savior medkit which counts as rating 6 kit for all purposes. You might want to check out out.

How does wired reflexes compare to drugs?

Drugs are cheaper, easier to smuggle.
Wired reflexes give you a bigger overall possible bonus.

But you could build a Chem popper. Just get narco, an auto injector and some kamikaze and it will replace 90% of your ware.

What said. I usually use ware and drugs.

Or go whole-hog, grab a gradual release chem-gland full of the stuff and a neph-screen 6 to keep you from instantly becoming a turbo-addict to the poison that now flows in your system.

Better yet, skip the nephritic screen and go full junkie.

Also ware is there for you when you need it, no actions wasted.
Ware won't cause addiction (as easily)
And you can't over dose by accident.

Doesn't chem gland only work with natural substances? What would be some good choices?

Well, "natural" in this case just means "the gm decides".
There are some toxins which are almost certainly natural, so might be novacoke, beyond that it's the GMs call.

psyche-jazz, psyche-kami, betameth-kami, really depends on how degenerate you wanna get with this.