mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy
tcdecks.net/format.php?format=Legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
basiclandart.tumblr.com

> Budget lists for newer players
docs.google.com/document/d/1me_bqX45Fh_auKaETDcE6GgxWq569qspmBk1VoOtBHU/edit?usp=sharing

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Deck Database
pastebin.com/44w1kkRZ

Budget Decks Version 5.0
docs.google.com/document/d/1me_bqX45Fh_auKaETDcE6GgxWq569qspmBk1VoOtBHU/edit?pli=1#

>thread q
What is your favorite kind of basic lands to use? i personally use lands from mirrodin.

i got the links this time, so ha.

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/uw-parfait-4/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pPVnLa8XIUI
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oops-all-turns-1/
mtggoldfish.com/archetype/legacy-wbg-40700#paper
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/food-chain-gobs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sup

better than the other side at least

>tfw can't afford Lands or 4c Loam

>What is your favorite kind of basic lands to use?

It bothers me that a card that produces red mana is more than 2/3 green.

Urza's Saga Islands and Forests; that purplish full-art Swamp from Zendikar(?); Mirrodin or Time Spiral Mountains (most of them are awesome); fuck Plains.

I actually prefer having a mix of different basics if I can, so those choices aren't set in stone; just the ones I like the most.

Interesting pic choice, OP; I'm close to finishing a deck that actually runs basic Mountains.

burn?

My decks are usually full of same art old foils or eurolands.

*sees the art*
my cock is diamonds

Yeah, but don't tell anybody. It's a surprise.

What's everybody's favorite nonbasic? Doesn't have to be the best, just your favorite.

Pic pretty much entirely unrelated and (now) meaningless.

DESU I can't remember the last time I played a deck that had basic lands in it.

Its been a few years at least, but when I do I usually just use Zendikar full arts, except plains where I use the best basic land art of all time (pic very related)

I love these as foils in parfait

> pic related

Cold Snap Snow-Covered basics are what I try to use for all my basics.

Those, when they come out. Right now just using random cheap foils. I generally pick a set I like or artist I like and have all the basics come from that set or series.

Alright Lads, I'm going to be running a tweaked version of UW Parfait tonight, I let you guy know how it goes. It's looking like it's going to be 5 rounds tonight, hopefully I can dodge Infect this time around.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/uw-parfait-4/

Posting this again for more visibility. I made a new Doomsday video with my newest list. Give it a watch, rip me a new one.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pPVnLa8XIUI

Well that was a quick round 1, went 2-0 against Mono Red Burn. G1 was Turn 1 Energy Field followed by Turn 2 RIP and a concession. G2 was T0 Leyline and turn 3 Moat for the concession. 1-0

Lol fuck burn

>lands edition
>posts mountain
How about posting a land

Mountains are the ONLY land.

Full Moon is my favorite card.

Best lands by far, anyone who plays with modern bordered lands should go play standard.
It's alright, but I don't know why we needed new art, the original is so iconic and good.
>Favorite nonbasic
I'd have to say Academy Ruins, looping Strixes with it to chump while still getting a draw step is sweet.

Any Island from Giancola.

>Favorite nonbasic
Mishra's Factory, hands down. The art of the old ones is amazing, and it's my favorite manland; not just because of functionality, but "lore"

Alright, still going strong after R2, got it in 3 against ANT. G1 I got BTFO, he setup up a PIF kill on turn 2 and gave me the drills. I boarded out: -1x Moat, -1x Oblivion Ring, -3x Swords, -2x Supreme Verdict, -1x JTMS, -1x B2B and brought in: +3x Leyline, +3x Meddling Mage, +2x Cannonist, +1x Nevermore. G2 I slammed T0 Leyline, T1 Tax, T2 Cannonist, T3 Enlightened tutor->RIP, T4 RIP, T5 Helm and kill. G3 my OP pondered and passed T1, I slammed a T1 3Ball and a T2 Nevermore naming Abrupt Decay, a T3 Meddling Mage Naming Tendrils, T4 Leyline, and then beat with Mage to finish it. The Leylines are definitely earning their keep tonight. 2-0, overall 4-1.

Well, my luck ran out, R3 I got matched up against Infect and went 1-2. G1 I had to mull twice, but eventually kept a hand that jammed T2 3Ball, unfortunately it wasn't good enough. The 3ball resolved, but I got chipped out by a Glistener, Pendlehaven and a Nexus. I boarded out: -1x Zuran Orb, -3x Supreme Verdict, -1x JTMS and brought in: +1x Swords, +1x Pithing Needle, +3x Meddling Mage. G2 I Swords his Guy turn 1 and T2 stuck Scepter+Chant and eventually killed him with Thopter Spy Network. G3 he did his thing, went T1 Glistener and Daze'd my Swords, T2 attack and Invigorate+Berserk. Turns out its only going to be 4 rounds tonight, we were a couple people short of needing 5, so we'll cut to top 4 after next round. 2-1, Overall 5-3

Pic

I have a hard time choosing, but impulse choice for a single nonbasic land is probably Darksteel citadel. I run it in most formats and it always takes on a different, but remarkable use for what a humble card it is.

I believe in the parfait dream, user

O my dick, that's so fucking sexy

SOI plains are beast tho, tho I do like APAC lands, as expensive they are for me.

Well, I think I made it into the top 4; Beat LED Dredge in 3. G1 I got a T2 RIP in play which got a concession. I boarded out -1x B2B, -3x Supreme Verdict and brought in: +1x Tormod's Crypt, +3x Leyline. G2 I had T1 Crpyt, but he Nature's Claimed it and dredged until I was dead. G3 was a nail-biter, I was all in on Turn 0 Leyline and T1 Energy Field to keep myself alive. I ended up being able to hold him off until I was able to assemble RIP+Helm for the win. 3-1, overall 7-4

How do you feel about the unnecessarily large amount of snow land hate cards despite there being maybe two cards that make playing snow lands even worth it?

Alright Lads, made top 4 as the 3 seed and managed to beat UR Delver in a close match! I Had to mull G1 and then my OP had permission for anything relevant I tried to play. Boarded out: -1x B2B, -1x Oblivion Ring, -1x Moat, -1x Chant; Boarded in: 1x Ivory Tower, 3x Leyline. G2 I had T1 Tax, T2 Scroll Rack, T3 Chant+Ivory Tower to force it through; I managed to hold on, and eventually got there with Ghostly Prison protecting JTMS. G3 I had one of my nuttiest draws of the night, T0 Leyline, T1 3Ball, T2 RIP, T3 Helm, T4 Activate Helm. My last opponent and I decided to draw and split because it was getting so late, ended up with $20 in store credit. The Leylines turned out to be great against almost everything tonight and I brought them in a lot more than I would have thought. The Aura of Silence in the SB should probably be something else, I've never really needed to bring it in for anything. Overall this build performed great tonight and it generally felt good against everything besides Infect. Final record 4-1-1, overall 9-5-2.

My Nigga!

Seems like wizards overestimated how good the snow effects were. It doesn't really bother me much, I've never run into the cards in competitive matches with the exception of a guy at my shop trolling one week to fuck with me.

They would look 20567 times better without the fuckin bubble border shit. A straight horizontal border on these, especially sans the top border completely, would look great.

Right now they look like a gay little bubble thing. Shame they wasted such great art on these.

I have oh, 30 or so of these as the lands for my Zirilian. They line up well. Good taste.

I don't like how color filtered they are. I like natural colored landscapes waaaay better. Even if they aren't full art

How are these $2.35 on SCG right now? Everyone knows they'll be fucking $40+ in a year.

Remember the nonstop shilling for these Plains after some "investor" on Veeky Forums bought thousands of them? OH MY GOD LOOK AT THIS FUCKING PLAINS IT HAS A FUCKING GUY ON IT AND FUCKING LIGHTNING HOLY SHIT MY DICK

"Modern border" cards are not Magic cards and indeed have no magical power, unlike true Magic cards.

Hey they are pretty nice.

But that sucks. I hate investors but buying out basics is something else.

The M11 Forests look great, but my favorite forest has always been this one from Kamigawa. I'd kill to have 20x of them foil+full art.

wouldn't you want to keep moat in case of gobbos

I concur, Sir.

Can you imagine this art on an old border?

Muh dick.

I've found that Moat at 4 CMC is just too slow against Storm. Even after boarding it out I still have five outs to ETW in: 1x Detention Sphere, 1x Ghostly Prison, 2x Energy Field, and 1x Supreme Verdict not to mention that Sphere and Prison are tutorable with Enlightened Tutor, so it's pseudo 9 outs really. I'm far more worried about just straight up being killed by Tendrils, so I prioritized getting Nevermore in over Moat.

Fun Fact: Did you know that the art on the Kamigawa lands actually combines to make a bigger picture?

The Mountains

Because they're 1 per pack and that comes to ~$85 for a box.

Supplies of this set won't be limited so you can't reasonably sell the lands for more than box price.

Unglued lands = $10
Unhinged lands = $15

Therefore these lands = big money

But not while the set's still in print because if you try to hoard them or jack up the price WotC is just gonna shovel more boxes out the door.

You have to wait until after they stop making the set for the value to go up.

I only use lands with tap symbols or the word TAP IN LARGE CAPITAL LETTERS and the words "Add (SYMBOL) to your mana pool". Any other lands are just pleb trash.

Anyone who has handled Force of Will cards here? Do those foils ever bend? I'm just blown away how much better the card quality in FoW is compared to magic, especially of a late when cards have been feeling more like toilet paper than over 50$ long lasting collectable cards.

The new FtV transform has both sides foiled so wich way will the cards bend? Or will it bend into every possible direction. Funny how the new cards all bend immediately but foils from like Coldsnap and so are perfect after like 11 years.

They'll try to bend both ways at the same time and separate into two foil sheets knowing how shit WoTC quality has been for the last few years.

You sir are a true patrician. Seeing those big ass mana symbols in the text boxes of lands after I started playing Magic again disgusted me. Not to mention it makes the whole "Tap Llanowar Elves to tutor up a forest from your deck" comfusion even worse, I have had several newer players make that mistake.

Best basics are Ice Age Snow-Covered Plains.

Best nonbasics are pic related.

>Favorite land
For basics, I can't wait to get my hands on the new Un-basics. Hopefully in foil.

For nonbasic, it has to be pic related. Always will hold a special place in my heart. I make sure to slip 1 into every pox deck I build.

I'd still rather play with toilet paper than with kawaii uguu

This one right here. Actually my favourite card in general.

What is the best monocolored deck in legacy and why isn't it burn?

I'm talking about card quality, not ink on it. The point is, MtG cards have gone into basically print paper quality shit.

Personally
M15 = Later Old Boarder > Original Border >>> 8th ed border

Omnitell or D&T

High tide

These are really pimp, but at the same time they don't really look like Magic cards. They look like you're using unofficial token lands some bootleg company made.

Feels bad when extra turns are your favorite thing in all of magic but that tactic is playable only in vintage. I dont know what deck i should buy

Is omnitell good deck to buy in? I want a simple combo deck I can fuck around with

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oops-all-turns-1/

Seems really boring to me.

because burn is predictable, based purly on luck, and gets destroyed the minute anything bigger than a 4 toughness creature enters the battlefield.

It's a good deck, but very linear. You won't be able to do a lot of fucking around and tuning.

is legacy abzan a thing?

There's Junk NicFit, which is pretty much SeigeRhino.dec, and there's Dark Maverick, which is more hatebearsy.

These and there's also a deck that's more similar to Modern Abzan and a kind of a counterpart to Legacy's Jund.

mtggoldfish.com/archetype/legacy-wbg-40700#paper

They usually look something like this, sometimes with Goyf and Flayer sometimes not.

How long have you known about this and why didn't you tell me?

those sets came out 1998 and 2004. remember zendikar fullart land prices pre BFZ?

There are several sets that do that, or some variation of it. Hell I want to say it started in Ice Age.

I wish instead of MM and the like Wizards just straight-up reprinted old sets with small print runs like Lorwyn so I could draft with them again.

Don't they some something like that on MTGO?

Flashback drafts I think they're called but I'd rather have physical cards.

scars of mirrodin and a bunch of other sets do it too

fucking Wizards should just print full art basic lands and stop this madness...

I don't, I took a few years off on posting here. I've just liked those plains since I was a little kid, they were in some of the first boosters I opened.

Burns honestly I decent deck, not as good as DnT, but probably second best mono colored deck.

Unrelated: I finally bought into mtgo and I've played more Legacy just today then I think I have this entire year. I am having a blast, and I wish I had done this sooner, but I just got the money after winning a legacy for a mox.

I honestly don't get why they do this. Just take an old set that people show interest in, and on its anniversary do a small printrun of it. Even if you bump the cost because muh lack of economy of scale people would still lap it up. This would also take even less effort than a Masters set, as you don't have to worry your random assortment of cards draft well--someone already did that.
>but they can't do old card layouts because drrr drrr drr
Even if they were converted to M15 style people would not only still buy, but a fair number of newer players would PREFER that because it meshes with their existing collections.

Buying in on mtgo has been one of the best magic related investmemts I've made. I get to play so much more. I saw a sharp increase in my winrate pretty quickly, just because I could get way more games in. And frankly the level of competition is much higher than on xmage or whatever, even just in the tournament practice rooms.

Is some some shit yesterday to cardhoarder for a little over 200 dollars.

What I want is something like this. Full art lands with the old border. Sadly they don't exist.

I like you user, you're OK.

5th edition whitebordered basics

Get a Time Vault because they're sure as fuck not making any more of them. Only thing you have to worry about is another bullshit Oracle revision making it require sacrificing a turn in order to remove the magical Time Counters that the card says nothing about.

Yeah, some of the storm players on there are amazingly good.

I've already gotten in so many games vs decks that just don't exist in my local shop, its going to be so nice actually having practice vs them when I go to big tournaments.

It's not a terrible rogue deck in modern, but people will hate you for it.

>people will hate you for it.
Well yeah, Memedern players hate anything that's not jamming creatures on curve and casting removal/discard.

I play legacy and don't want to drop my decks net value into fucking lands. How do I make this better? I already play burn, and am firmly against vial for reasons.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/food-chain-gobs/

This would be perfect.

>How do I make my deck better? BTW I don't want to play the cards that will make my deck better.

What's the point of food chain. Vial is meant to go through counterspells and achieve critical mass turn 3, if you think you don't need that, it's not a must, but then you are straying off from aggro plan, which seems like the salt and soul of goblin decks.

Personally I would run Rabblemaster over Krenko. What's the point of kiki-jiki? Ever thought trying chalices?

Also again what the fuck, why food chain.

No reason not to run them in burn if you want sweet sweet removal