Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

>7 weeks til slaaneshmas edition

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=C7M12GQ1_jE[Open] [Open][Open] [Open]

>GW FAQ (1.3):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ (1.2):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for what are you guys' hopes for chapter approved?

I hope they fix Girlyman

nth for krakreed swarmlord is the superior tactical genus

What's with the b-bone?

Also arrgghh.

Haha, psykers btfo.

I hope that they do something to fix the Crisis Suit/Commander imbalance without nerfing commanders too much.

First for genestealer buffs.

>nth for fairweather nid fans get out

artworks with daemons getting BTFO are always good

I want the old blast weapons get a weaker version of the leviathan ability to cause more hits on large units

What's the thinking on Nids?

Kronos for shooty stuff and FUCK OFF to psykers?

Kraken for speeeeed getting up the board with your stabby guys, such as genestealers?

Jormungandr for the deep strike tunnel shenanigans and constant cover save?

Wow, Kronos might end up more useful than I initially thought. I don't get to play outside of my friend group often, which has very few other psyker-heavy armies, but would this kind of thing be tournament-worthy? Past turn 2, any most enemy psykers will be in constant danger of an almost guaranteed d3 mortal wounds.

Also, can anyone tell me how much some of the new carnifex upgrades cost? I mostly just want to know what the difference is between a screamer-killer and a regular fex with the -1 carapace and 2 talon pairs.

I want some right proppa orky custom vehicle rules

Pretty much. I'm not sure what the consensus is, yet, but I've enjoyed Leviathan a pretty basic, all-around faction. The only fleet-specific stratagem for them, that I've seen, is pretty meh, but their fleet trait and warlord trait are decent.

Commanders get BS 3+, crisis get a points drop.

Commanders would have to go up 70 points to balance fusion. Plasma Rifles, Missile Pods, and Burst Cannons would have to be free to not suck.

They're only testing the Lemon Rusty for Vehicle Creation Rules.

I still hope you're right, though.

I thought that was a giant anime girl in the background from the thumbnail

>but would this kind of thing be tournament-worthy
Not at all. Shutting off psykers isn't exactly super relevant and wasting CP on that stratagem is dumb. People will still presumably use Kronos for it's shooting re-roll.

Does anyone else have the same problem with running named characters that I do? It feels like as soon as my army is being lead by Bobby G or Ghazkhul, all the sudden it's not /my dudes/ it's /his dudes/. Also bugs me trying to come up for a fluff excuse for the likes of Grimnar fighting against Ihmotek, because they should be on opposite ends of the galaxy. Something something warp fuckery is an excuse that gets old quick

>First for what are you guys' hopes for chapter approved?

Isn't smite spam supposed to be getting nerfed? Heard that on a previous general

Kronos for first turn, 6 hive guard shooting twice strategem with impaler cannons cheese.

I was thinking about this the other day, would it be too much to let T'au plasma be a safe strength 7 damage 2 profile?

I think the best way to figure out what will be in Chapter Approved is to look at the General's Handbook from AoS, since CA is basically the same concept.

With that in mind, I'd expect the following changes:

- Points changes (obviously)

- Allegiance Abilities: For those unfamilar with AoS, if you take an army where every unit has the same keyword, they gain a bonus. This would be a way of cutting down on soup; want the CSM Allegiance Abiility? Well better just take CSM units. Want the Astra Militarium Allegiance? Get rid of that Gulliman in your list. The option for soup is still there, it's just that it's a tradeoff now.

- Rolling a 6+ always hits the target. AoS has something similar to this, but has modifiers apply after the roll. This would be a way of preventing some units from being immune to shooting, especially when against Orks. AoS also has a 6+ to wound always wounding, but 40K already has that.

Aside from that, I'd probably expect to see Smite reduced to 3 casts per turn.

There's no way that HQ is going to drop to BS 3+. There's also no way that crisis suits are going to go UP to 3+.
I'm wishing for a price decrease for crisis and broadsides, and an overhaul of the markerlight system. I believe we'll only get the points decrease though.

I'm not a fan of them, no. The other thing is it limits the memorable stories that you get from the game. If my Chucklefuck Noname Donut Steel captain takes down a bloodthirster in melee, I'm going to remember that for a long time, maybe even paint a memento somehow to record it. If Bobby G takes down a bloodthirster in melee, it's pretty meh. He's a primarch, it's what he does, who cares.

I could see the markerlight table being adjusted. Maybe put +1BS on tier 3. I'd rather it not go back to 7th's mechanic.

If you're playing the tabletop game for fluff reasons with random armies instead of pre-set ones, you're doing it wrong.

What the fuck did i just watch.

What armies are you lazy grots focusing on?

Put down the old bait and get some new bait. That shit is over a week old, slowbro.

Soy Wars?

>Aside from that, I'd probably expect to see Smite reduced to 3 casts per turn.
I doubt it since it makes armies that inherently have a lot of psykers totally shit in matched play as half the psykers become literally incapable of using any powers at all. The reason spamming smite is a thing at all is because you don't get to use more useful powers more than once.

It's just that the level that lets you shoot without penalty for heavy moving or assault advancing is terrible, because you have to do those things before you can shoot any markerlights. Seeker missiles are rare and not that good as well, and removing cover is occasionally useful, but not 4 markerlights useful. Levels 1 and 5 are the only really good ones.

Was NightLords
Now its Krieg
Thinking of Renegades
I just don't know anymore...

>Soy Wars

Maybe spamming psykers shouldn't be a legit strategy.

no way the guy on the right isn't a parody, right guys?

I dropped my necrons I was making good progress towards finishing and started building my GSC again.

How many neophytes is too many neophytes?

Not complaining about the mlp thing but good god that was a boring report.
>No talking
>Boring as shit lists
>Horrible tactical decisions made by both sides
How long before MWG tanks?

Waiting for nids to drop so I can chew on the whole codex before I choose between picking up nids or CW eldar for my next army.

I honestly canceled my subscription when the two new guys joined. Even before that, I rarely watched anything but a few videos.

Well, TSon and GreyKnights have a hard time not spamming them when literally each of their units is a psyker.

And they're both bad armies. Psychic powers need buffed!

The be honest I don't even have cogniton of watching it yet I know I did. So yeah it was a bad one, I don't think I have seen either since.

BTW Chaos Gate is working on WIndows 10 again.

Chaplains in the grey knights seem a bit over the top

>The face of 40k
Wew lad, I'm glad I only play AoS.

Then wtf are you doing here?

To spit on you, bronyshitter.

Crisis with D2 plasma would basically be an inferior version of Obliterators so no it wouldn't be too much.

to be honest limiting smite to 3 casts per turn and giving TSons and Grey Knights some form of copyright-infringement-smite that's not limited at all would be the most elegant solution. Or just give those two more psker powers in general

>chaplain GK

cringe GW ruining the lore just to sell models baka familia

Any leaks or rumors about the BA codex?

What about full power safe plasma? Strenfth 8 and all.

I don't see it on steam...

Yeah, they get ignores cover

I remember back when I was a kid I went ans saw "Tom and Huck" in theaters, and the image of Muff Potter always stuck in my mind as a the epitome of fat failuredom.

I miss those days.

>Slaaneshmas

I am out of loop. You just talking about Daemon codex or something Slaaneshi come out??

It's only a legit strategy because of specific incredibly cheap psykers that when taken in particular detachments essentially yield free command points.

Something Slaaneshi comes out every day.

Does anyone know who tweeted that BL would revive Sanguinius if they wanted to?

So, with 6 shot devourers back, are dual-devourer flyrants going to reign supreme, again? It's tougher and has smite now, too.

link?

it's on GoG

Fusion Crisis start getting OP pretty quickly with point drops. T5 3W 3+/4++ with double fusion for say 60 pts for instance.

A gift ... from The Emperor!

They need to give us AoS style army building. 8th Edition's detachments are a wretched hold-over from 7th that does nothing but unbalance the game.

These are my my two lords. I use them in most of my Death Guard lists. A Daemon Prince with wings and talons. A lord with combi-plasma and balesword.

1st dubs picks name of Daemon Prince. 2nd dubs picks name of Lord.

That last battle report for them was disgusting. Primaris are just dogshit.

honestly I'm not even sure it's official art, probably not

>GoG

Lord Stankass

Frank

I like fried tofu, does that make me a sissy for eating soy?

Got some more stuff for my Black Templars coming in, and I'm buying two Imperial halves of the starter set on the cheap.

Since most Primaris doesn't really like charging, I decided to do a separate chapter, and I settled on Crimson Fists, since they so heavily use Primaris Marines now. I'm gonna go all out with the painting too, giving ever model squad and role markings.It seems like Crimson Fists don't use company markings though...

>tfw the best batrep from mwg this week had Quirk in it.

better start picking out your thick-rimmed glasses and practice standing around with your mouth agape.

>GoG
Time to pirate!

leatherfilth
combaleus the unwashed

Dr. Egghead

>standing around with your mouth agape.

B-but what if some brute shoves their penis in there!

Enjoy it please?

It pisses me off so much that they would rather release short range firepower jump units and Infiltrator support units than any fucking dedicated Primaris melee unit.

Vanilla melee marines

[cries in base A1]

Tau have 18" fusion that it competes with so it isn't as big a deal for them as imperials. It would be too cheap at 11 but thats about it. I'd still keep it at 7 though just so you can't just bring one gun for everything.

Mortimer for the Lord since the Prince is named Frank.

Increase the price of fusion then.

Tyrants are op but too much to bringing a melee weapon. A HVC secondary is good too.

Also Frank

zuludud & bubulus

wubalubadubdub

This is the future you chose.

https //www.ebay.com/itm/Tau-army-used/282710907904

Last chance to give me more money for Pro Painted models

Simply use a named caracter rules to represent /your dude/. It's not a specific character, simply yours using specific rules that fit him.

>Time to pirate!

Pic *very* related

Presenting Lord Stankass and his disciple Frank!!!!

Nurgle be praised!

Morkoc the Everisen

Mah nigga. Also, tyrannofexes reroling ones.

That tube system is inefficient.