/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

>Xanathar's Guide Table of Contents
web.archive.org/web/20171016180500/https://www.dndbeyond.com/members/BadEye/articles

>Forge Cleric - Xanathar's Guide
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/DnDXL2017_Forge.pdf

>Unearthed Arcana: Fiendish Options
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA_FiendishOptions.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/...
Let's continue talk Xanathar leaks

Guiding Hand, in or out?

War magic wizard pls

Do you use flat hp for monsters or do you roll their hp values?

SHOW THE FUCKING SWORD BARD GOD DAMN ES NEGROS

If the monster is on 5etools, then roll. Pen and Paper? Flat.

I wanna play d&d with /5eg/

Wyman Manderly is still best Northern lord.

Who will be the legendary scan bro? Will it be you?

I don't use individual monster hp.

Any leak bros want to show the spell Shadow Blade? I want to see if I should make an edgelord.

>None of the Orcs are dead until they are ALL dead

Or do you do something else?

>ruining a perfectly good book for random anons
kek

Yeah, well, I want you to have a lovely week full of joy and laughter.

New DM here. Ran my second session last night. Doing LMoP.

It went extremely well and all my players are having a blast.

Probably no one until the proper full release at the end of the month.

Run one more session, then begin to slowly introduce your fetishes into the game.

Where are you at?
Mine derailed the story after reaching Phan

Congrats! Don't listen to Fetish-user.

Insert your fetishes immediately.

How is LMoP? Is it worth playing?

Maybe it's like the soldiers from Ogre Battle 64? They're peons that move and attack in groups of three, and as you deal damage, you kill the individual soldiers off, progressively limiting their abilities until all of them are dead.

Out. It's a 1st level spell right?

What's a meme that gets posted often that you dislike /5eg/?

Battle Master or Eldritch Knight? Why?

The virgin / chad meme is retarded.

Yup.

Oh well, at least Ceremony is in. I loved to use Guiding Hand as an excuse for why the Cleric/Druid player shows up in the first session.

After that, the only problem would be mazes. I mean, a head down this road to get to Venice spell isn't that ridiculous.

What weapon type?

Reposting from previous thread cos phone is retarded
Actually, if you have an iPad/possibly iPhone, you could download an app called TinyScanner that acts like a pdf scanner, where you can simply take pictures of the pages in an open book, it sizes up the pages you print and you can manually edit the images so you do not see the spine. You can email the finished product to yourself as a pdf, and from there you are good.

It's free and it's been a wonderful app for when I buy books and want a digital copy. This doesn't mean it's not as tedious a bit, but less so with not having to cut out pages.

I stat the encounter as a single monster with legendary actions and as many attacks per round as the players have attacks give or take. The encounter comes with conditions for eliminating enemies in it (which functions as reducing the attacks per round) and reinforcements (increases to attacks per round). If the players reduce the encounter to 0 hp, surviving enemies/attacks flee/don't matter. There are usually alternate victory conditions, and from the players perspective, it still appears like 5e combat, but it's helped me to be more flexible and improvisational.

I use the custom monster guides to figure out dpr, saves, and hp.

Initiative is rolled for each type of enemy/attack in the encounter.

>Anime=Pathfinder

Sometimes people are just Weebs.

Forever DM here. It's one of the better 5e Modules surprisingly. Way better then Shitters of the Apocalypse or Hoard of the GayRetards. Best ones are Curse of Strahd, Lost Mines, Tomb of Annihilation, and Out of the Abyss in no particular order.

GISH.

Same exists on Android as Google's PhotoScan app.

This won't satisfy the high res ungrateful autists.

>Where are you at?
Party reached Phandalin (they skipped Cragmaw Hideout) and I just ran the Redbrand Ruffians encounter. They're going to the Hideout next session to search for Gundren.
>How is LMoP? Is it worth playing?
Too soon to say for me, but we're having fun. I decided to run it because I heard it was a really good starting adventure for new players (of which half my group is) and new DMs.

Why would that be bait?

Just asking your favorite, user

Does it actually take roads? Or just take you the direction its in?

Is there a bundle somewhere that has a pdf version as well as the hardback of the PHB and or XGE?

Gishfaggotry.

No.

Turret

EK is fun for gimmicks but if all you care is min/max, I'd always go Battlemaster.

I run an EK Gnome who shrinks himself to tiny for shenanigans which Battlemaster would never be able to replicate and I sit at 22 AC (Half Plate + Shield + Medium Armor feat) with a possible 27 AC if I use shield as a reaction.

>whenever you move toward the hand, it moves away from you at the same speed you moved, and it moves in the direction of the landmark, always remaining 5 feet away from you.

It is a direct path, so half the time it should tell you to climb a mountain. I just don't understand the issue it would cause.

Just ask for proper names, and nothing like "Closest Feywild Portal?" and it should be fine.

It's Hoard of the Dragon Queer, the first half of Tranny Dragons.

Ah, I see, you quoted the wrong post.

Whoops, misclick.

Seems like Hoard of the Drag Queen would be the more obvious direction to take that

Why does ranger damage stop scaling past level 5?

Are there any gods in the Forgotten Realms or any of the other official settings whose portfolio includes something such as rebirth?

The closest I can think of is Lathander.

Half Plate + Shield + Medium Armor feat gives 20 AC

15 (half-plate) + 2 (shield) + 3 (DEX) = 20

Did you have any magic item?

Yeah, basically Lathander.

+1 Shield and Armor?

It's relatively cheap, depending on the magic item economy.

He's probably including the fighting style. No sure on the rest though

>WIZARDS MAKE OTHER CLASSES IRRELEVANT!

Oh shit, sorry. Forgot to add haste into the equation.

Could someone please post the hexblade's extended spell list? I would really appreciate it.

Yeah, that's better.

PHB Ranger is thrash. Revised gets more damage at 6, 11 and 20, plus when you get new spells.

Any College of Whispers / Shadow Sorc news?

Goddamn they're fucking annoying. They should play with actual people.

Who here is hoping the UA coming up is the redone ranger but they release it as the final version?

I hate wizards more than any other class and even I know they're pretty subpar for most of the campaign.

Can I make a cleric that believes in a god that doesn't even exist?
Or a cleric that thinks he made up a god like the FSM but it turns out his "worship" of it and spreading its gospel brought it into life?

>Wizards
>Subpar

Sssshit. Really? I was hoping there'd be more with how many there are.

Angry martials.jpg

desu all i want them to do with ranger is spread out what they have frontloaded and i'd be fine with it

Ask your DM.

But is it possible from a rules standpoint?

I have a scanner and I might possibly be able to get it early, possibly tomorrow. Though I don't wanna spend $40 to destroy my book.

Could warp the nature/life gods. Chauntea, Silvanus, etc.

Clerics are bestowed powers by gods, they'd be unable to cast anything if the deity doesn't exist. The only way they can cast is if they're a Sorcerer/Wizard with inherent ability to cast divine and believe it's a god given gift or another god is feeding them.

Someone needs to make an image of a wizard player in disguise shilling against fighters. Like that one sjw/Nazi one.

Fucking wizard players.

>1st: Shield, Wrathful Smite
>2nd: Blur, Branding Smite
>3rd: Blink, Elemental Weapon
>4th: Phantasmal Killer, Staggering Smite
>5th: Banishing Smite, Cone of Cold

I think...

We're just non-autists who play with friends.

What about non-potato quality picture

yes

The only times Paladins should fall is when the player says they do.

fuck this game is shit :(

Bad news for you, You are already an autist if you browse 4chin.

Yeah I wouldn't destroy the book myself and my group will have it by tomorrow but we all impatient folks!

>Or a cleric that thinks he made up a god like the FSM but it turns out his "worship" of it and spreading its gospel brought it into life?

there is a whole race of retarded fish people who do this

What's the differences between UA and XGE for Monster Slayer Ranger?
Thanks

I'd kick you back $2 dollars. Maybe 19 other anons can help out

The wizard in my group lost his spellbook

what do

Touche

50gp

>race of retarded fish people
Look at him. He is just so eager to serve.

As a Moon Druid are there any feats with while or should I go with ASI for a better Spell Save DC? We are in Chult so I do have access to dinosaur while shapes if that changes the answer at all.

Want to play Hitler.

Bard?

Whatever helps you sleep better at night, mate.

If anyone with a book can post Inquisitive Rogue and College of Whispers that be super cool of you.

I don't get why people like Forge domain so much

Wizard, if /5eg/ is to be believed.

The former is hard since Clerics DO actually derive their power from their patron deities. The latter case is probably more plausible, but will need some teamwork between you and your dm

I like dwarves, and Forge domain is the dwarviest domain