Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

*Blacks your path*

>Old Thread
>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=o8TuA-o8pnw

>GW FAQ (1.3):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ (1.2):
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for sane imperial man, nothing wrong with worshipping bugs.

1st for sisters

How the fuck does anyone get Chosen models now?

What do people think of the new Tyranids?

I like that there doesn't seem to be any auto-include, most options seem viable.

On the other hand, nothing seems competitively strong and so it's unlikely they'll see much tournament play.

Cucked again

These levels of smug should be illegal.

Genestealers are auto include.

Your dudes > my dudes

Anons i want to do tyranids
Is nidzilla good?
What about termagants and tervigons? I like termigants

Sisters late as usual

My Girls > Your CIS dudes

April 1st for sisters

More like slowsters.

Can you really expect sisters to come first?

Women hate it when they come second. .... So I've heard :(

Necrons are starting to construct additional pylons, and so wants Cawl, so I guess they might become relevant again, at least a little bit. Although, I dread Cawl will just asspull one someday and the Crypteks technomancy will just end up being a joke.

getting some Madotsuki or Wendy Cooldown vibes from this one

Oh, yes. I forgot since they were since the dawn of 8th.

I still don't like and won't use them, but they are indeed very strong.

My Magnus > Your Magnus

Repost: are venom cannons any good on tyranid warriors or nah?

Nidzilla is not as good as horde, but playable.

If you like Termagaunts and Tervigons you can go both, tons of Termagaunts with Tervigons drowning the enemy.

Go big squads on the Termas and they're almost unkillable, Tervigons replenish 10 bugs a turn.

My Magos>Your Magnus

My Magus > Your Magos

>The AspSorc and ScarabSorc have no higher chance to explode
They have no higher chance of Perils, but the low wound counts mean that the default result is them Orbitally Bombarding your own army.
>Average of 2 dead rubrics or 1 dead SO.
Unless you're next to friendly units, which is extremely common in 8E.
>There's always risks when it comes to using psychic powers
Sick platitude brah.
>the Familiar stratagem goes a long way to make them useful
Lol, the ability to pay 1CP to actually get a real power on your jihadi squad leaders is a joke.>their guns always fuck up infantry
They're as effective as Storm Bolters against MEQ's and do significantly worse against light infantry.
>Tzaangors are cheap as shit for a marine statline and AP-1 swords in an army that desperately needed bodies AND CC
Tzaangors at 7PPM are too expensive to screen. Sure, they're nice, but you're usually better off just taking Cultists/Horrors.

What about Nidzilla with Ripper swarms and some GSC Neophytes riding around in their Goliath?

Well they have to be pretty backed up with the whole all-female thing

You suck at foreplay if they don't.

Venom Cannons got a major price increase (9->20 points), but got better as well.

Before/after
D3 S8 -1 1d
D3 S8 -2 D3d

Warriors aren't amazing, but if you like them take them.

My Magnus > Your Magus

*makes you work the cotton fields*

THICC

*Makes you learn how to thin paint*

I have no experience on that, but if you like it you should play it.

You will have some problems on taking out tougher targets, but it's not impossible

> not photo shopping in some salamander scouts
So lazy user

No, not the whip!

*hugs Duncan*

I'd like to go down and work her cotton fields if you know what I mean.

Remember, multiple short hugs are better than one long hug.

Oh sweet, must have missed that pretty important fluff segment. Getting what I wanted, then (so long as Cawly Sue doesn't figure out the culmination of millenia of technological development in the course of the four in-universe months before the plot advances again)

I feel like i should watch the How to paint a Bloodthirster video but it always makes me wish we had a How to paint all the other khorne Daemons videos.

Opinions on scarab occult terminators please?
Ok
Kinda shit
Or super shit

Say no more. SAY NO MORE ;) ;) ;)

So what would be a good unit to proxy a Goliath as for Renegade guard?

They get dusty real easily.

I love this picture so much.

>Cock Fight ensues.

>twin-gun, pintle-mount
plain-jane taurox

Ok
You should deploy them normally or deepstrike at 12inches.
They should not be in combat but should just be blasting at everything that moves with their combibolters, SRC is debatable

The annoying thing is that before they started pulling literally everything Primaris out of his ass Cawl was actually a really good character with some neat development (even if it was probably accidental).

"I.. have failed...."

I mean, he's not exactly Cain-tier, but he was by far the best of the Storm Seven despite not getting a hueg amount of screentime.

Everyone knows 100% of mining colonies are infected by Genestealers, so no one, not even renegades, have access to Goliaths aside from GSC.

Can't be used for renegades.

I just use the basic CSM box and give them extra bling, special weapons and such.
Alternatively I use a group of spare Aspiring Champions from other times I've used the CSM box.
One time I used a Noise Champion, a pair of Aspiring Champions, and some special weapons dudes as a squad of Chosen. The Noise Champion was the Chosen Champion.

More like chubsters of battle AMIRITE?

What about the hell FYRE missiles?

>100% of mining colonies are infected by Genestealers
>GSC are Unions
it makes perfect sense

Always
It's one of the only antitank weapons we have

Has anyone painted their Magnus in that original color yet?

Is that a Krieger, or did they just steal a Manikin from the nearest WW1 Museum exhibit?

But in all seriousness, I don't see a single aquilla on him.

Haemonculus covens.

Good?

It's why I'm naming either my Magus or Primus "Scargill"

This guy slaps your gf's ass.
What do you do?

Ok, final question, 5man squad or full 10?

>Extremely common in 8e
Not if you're worried of units dying. It's 6", it's not that big a distance, keep them spread out a little. Not even as much as everybody did back when blast was a thing.

I agree they suck at actually being casters, it's like GW are telling us with the mini-smite that "these guys aren't meant to cast, they're there to log around the warpflame pistol and force weapon to deter chargers". At the very least though, they are far cheaper and less useless than they were back when they costed 58 points and achieved even less.The rubric guns are always effective, outright removing anything with a 5+ off the board and neutering everything else. At best a terminator becomes a carapace vest. They chew through any and all infantry for me and I don't even field that much.

Tzaangors are 7ppm because they might actually get shit done. Dunno about you, but I'd rather pay a tiny bit extra to not have my dudes' sole reason being a distraction. Having a blob of cheap dudes that can actually brutalize something is fantastic. have an ExSorc run around with them and pop WoF and they're very tough to shift. I suspect they might give us something akin to Tide of Traitors in the code, wouldn't be surprised.

Wait for him to get back in stock

>slaps your gf's ass
with WHAT?

Why not both?

5 Man, despite being literal dust they still flee the battlefield apparently
2x5man also lets you cover more ground and cast a 2nd baby smite

Not too shabby in CC but not their role. Deepstrike with combi-bolters, SRC and missile rack. Give them Prescience and aim at expensive special infantry units = enjoy enemy tears.

Warriors with deathspitters and a VC are a decently shooty unit.

If you are going Warrior heavy, a Prime is worth considering.

How can it be you can't get a Carnifex literally anywhere in the world?

I've heard it from the US and here in Europe/Germany they're since half a year out of stock

Nah, sharpnel from the first dead guy's grenades puncture a hole in the other guy and the dust leaks out.

What is is with Chaos and Sprouting wings out of humans backs? I mean look at every known depiction of Daemon Primarchs. They all seem to have wings of some sort.

10 men lets you have more affected by any psychic buffs.
Reduces drop numbers
And if they charge, one unit fighting means they can't be interrupted.

He slices her in half I guess

He is scum that doesn't deserve an aquila, that would be too much an honour for a sinner barely above the scum he fights.

Makes them look sinister and gives a lot of presence while still being recognizably human in origin

Theres a few on ebay but theyre usually thick, and have shit weapon options.

Pls no bully Krieg-chan

Flight gives good move speed. I like my stuff without it but the rule benefits are immense

Question about the box itself. From the sprues, I noticed you get enough of everything to build a 6th Terminator, just you don't have legs. Is that correct?

Doesn't seem to difficult to get hands on a set for cheapo extra bodies. Maybe we'll get termie sorcs in the book.

Get some bin bags and something to scrape up whats left.

It's the way of the korps, son!

Correct you get 6 torsos 12 arms and 5 legs

>mfw when I have 6 carnifexes from when they were in a battalion box

Feels good.

That's awesome, conversions ahoy!

>conversions ahoy!
Indeed

>mfw I've had one unassembled for the past 3 years

I once heard someone pronounce the 'p' in korps. I cringed.

Ayy that looks pretty good. What's it counting as?

... what is that?

That's a paddlin'

I got two on ebay, can confirm

This is about everything except a Tervigon I bought after I made this list.

What's a better Hive Fleet?

Was to be my sorcerer on bike/disc at the end of 7th.

But base size is actually a big deal in 8th because of auras that I stopped working on it because I probably wont ever put it on a table

Kraken with a swarmlord is the best fleet

Begone Satan troops

Deathstorm box as well?