Sorcerers Origins

I need about 7 ~ 8 more ideas for "reasons this character has an affinity for the arcane arts."

In the game players play as noble mages and mystic knights; each with their own tie to the mythical catalyzing their arcane powers; some honorable, others ostracizing.

The current list:
Adept - a history of arcane traditions has granted your bloodline a natural affinity for the arts.
Arisen - your character has returned from the beyond, tainted by the afterlife.
Blood of the Fae - ancient elven relations still pulse in your bloodline.
Construct - your character is a golem.
Cursed- your character, at a young age, or their parents before their birth, have been cursed.
Draconic - ancient cursed daemon blood has resurfaced from ancient blood ties.
Moonkin - your soul resonates with a bond to the lunar ethereals.
Star Child - your soul resonates with a bond to the ancestral spirits of the stars.
Sunborn - your soul resonates with a bond to the solar ethereals.
Troll Blood - the blood of the ogre-kin stews in your heritage.
Void - your character's soul resonates with nothing, and is shackled to the viod.

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wordbound - Your soul resonates with the words that formed the universe.
Worldsong - Your soul is bound to the primal forces of nature.
Pacted - You sold your soul directly to some Outsider, giving you power to use as you would.

Grimoire- a forbidden tome or scroll that you read has etched itself into your mind

Cannibal- by ingesting the blood or consuming the flesh of those blessed with magic, you have awoken to a strange gift yourself

Dreamer- Your soul resonates with the plane of dreams

Love-Touched- born of a pure, forbidden, and tragic love, your parent's wishes have granted you power

Have you considered just looking down Paizo's list of bloodlines in Pathfinder?

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/

Just read up on any of those.

Unhinged - Having bore witness to unspeakable horror, your shattered mind now twists the world around you.

Stalwart - in a brief moment of heroism your will manifests against injustice.

Gravebound - extended contact with souls past has exposed you to long-dead powers.

Invention - countless hours of experimentation have earned you an artifact capable of imitating those blessed (or cursed) with power.

See, presumably he wants this game to be fun, which is why I would advise giving anything connected to Paizo a miss.

I mean. Pretty much anything he listed is already on that list.

You lucky dog - Character just born with magic gift for no additional reason

Horrible ritual - unspecable acts and pacts granted him arcane power

Spider - character was biten by weird ass spider, which transformem him into magic user and give him urge to scale tall buildings

Weed - duuude, this shit just awoken me, like whoa

Eldritch - many close encounters with dangerous and unpredictable influences from the beyond changed our hero and opened his mind to the odd and uncanny mystical arts.

Reborn- the memories of those who were you once bring you power.
Ancestors- Voices of great men and women of your blood set your soul aflame with legacy.
Gifted- Your mind allows you to see the mystic in the mundane, your wisdom shows you the truths that the eye will never see.
Blessed- You cannot remember, but you were once saved by an ethereal spirit. Their radiance has imprinted on your very essence.
Bloody- You have fough the unnatural for so long that its ichor has tainted your bones.
Touched- The radiance of the sky fell upon you during a storm. The bolt left a mark on your flesh, and pure power on your spirit.

>I need about 7 ~ 8 more ideas for "reasons this character has an affinity for the arcane arts."

I'll try.

Two-headed: You were born with two heads, not necessarily making you immediately 'smarter', per-say, but definitely giving you twice the potential for magics than ordinary folk.

Painted World Lineage: You were born inside of a pocket dimension known as a "painted world", ethereal dimensions only accessible via the wizard that made them or the painting that holds them.

Ate a falling Star: At one point in your life (most likely as a child and accidentally) you ate a falling star and survived; the process gifting you a well spring of horrendous and wondrous arcane power.

From The Pit: You're not from here, everything feels wrong, no body knows where you came from, but you only feel comfortable in the dark.

Demon Lover: You were once the love toy of a demon and whether it was consensual or not, the act itself has granted you a great affinity for the magic they knew and wove. They'll be back to claim you once again some day, though.

Elemental Lover: You were once the lover of an Elemental Spirit and though brief, passionate, and sad that it was to end, the act has given you supernatural affinity towards those wild magics.

Third-Eye: You were born with a literal third eye on your forehead and while it provides a slightly larger range of vision.. It also gives you glimpses into a world of magic.

Alrighty, that's all I can think of, go crazy.

I'm not saying he needs to use the statistics or something. But by this point Paizo or a 3rd party has probably covered just about any and every sorcerous origin you could possibly think of, and even if they haven't, they've certainly got an impressive list.

Twin-soul: Whether through a stillbirth, failed possession, or simply a freak occurrence, your character has a direct link to the realm of spirits.

These are cool.

Big strength is even if they don't fit, many are easily adaptable to different settings.

For instance

>From The Pit: You're not from here, everything feels wrong, no body knows where you came from, but you only feel comfortable in the dark.

You can swap out "the dark" for whatever you want.

This idea also fits well for people who are displaced from other timelines or alternate universes. Though in that as you may not feel comfortable anywhere at first, or maybe only in a few places that feel "like home".

When you asked for the “Special Stuff” from your dealer, you didn’t expect it to give you magic powers. Sucks to be you!

Some of these are pretty solid.

I also may use this one.

It's not a terrible idea; could be good for inspiration. What little I remember influenced some of the ones I already came up with, but there could be others from expansions or whatever that I don't know about.

-and, honestly, the idea of some poor sap getting stuck in a never-ending trip is not a terrible idea. It'd need a little work to be thematically fitting to the rest of the game, but it's a very fun idea.

Magical Friend/Lover - you're in a very good relationship with a magical creature who does your magic for you.
Artifact - you possess a magic artifact, that's all.
Parasite - your body hosts a magic-capable organism you have some degree of control over.
Living Spell - you're a very complex spell self-sustaining magical effect, basically a magical AI.
Ancient Servants - some spirits are bound to obey your commands because of a debt some Fae owed your ancestor.

I sware I've seen this anime before but for the life of me I can't place it.

>sware
Blah, swear.

Sucker - bought those "special endowment pills" everyone told you were a scam. This is not the endowment you had in mind.

>Construct - your character is a golem.
what

I guess i could try some.

>Heart of Fire:
Your power stems from absolute conviction and confidence and unshakeable resolve.

>Clockwork:
It's not perfect, but it works. Your soul is bound to your own time, and each hour spent comes back as power for your spells.

>Mandate of You:
You've always demanded this and that. Thus far, the world's been too afraid to say no.

>Penpal:
Yours is a link to another world, where adventures greater than yours play out. As such, whomever is on the other side grants you a fraction of his or her power.

>Buzz
You have way too much energy. So when someone found a way to channel that energy to spells, you jumped at the chance to get a good night's sleep once in a while.

>Memory of All:
Great figures of old have found a place in your heart, and whisper arcane secrets and sound advice when you listen.

>Badge:
You bought a badge, and your innate powers channel through that badge to take shape.

>Help Yourself:
Somehow, your soul linked to your future self. While you may start off weak, your power can only increase the longer your future stretches.

Your character is a golem.

>I swear I've seen this anime before but for the life of me I can't place it.

It's Howl's Moving Castle, user.