Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1859: Grongi Extermination Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

quantencomputer.github.io/cyoastudio/
youtube.com/watch?v=uPwVuC3YOrc
pastebin.com/u26SLK0X
dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Oblivion_Bar
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Interdimensional_Council_of_Reeds_(Multiverse)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First!

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this thread.

Hmm...

quantencomputer.github.io/cyoastudio/

Just... leaving this here.
Last time I'll post it unless prompted.

Jumpers, who is your favorite character to take from KonoSuba?

>want to pick up magical girl nerd companion before MGLN jump
>realize that she would know what happens so Jumper wouldn't be completely blindsided by it but also want to see the interactions between a magical girl fangirl and real magical girls
AAAAAAHHHHHHHH

youtube.com/watch?v=uPwVuC3YOrc
Friendly reminder.

Vampires. Valkyries. Assorted soul eaters.

Tell me of your familiars, of your inner demons, of your favorite meals. What souls do you call forth when you need someone gone and you can't be bothered to do it yourself? What unfortunate henchmen make up the brunt of your armies? What foul villains do you chat up every so often for funsies?

What are the best uses of dimensional travel perks?

Question for Val. Would some sort of 'Unlimited Shirou/Emiya Works' be a valid NP/RM?

I'm thinking mini-throne of heroes for any and all alt!shirous I encounter to hang out. Actually being combat worthy is secondary, but that raises the question. If shirou is a sword, and the UBW makes fake swords, can it make a fake shirou?

None of you can defeat Eggman and his newest Boss machine!

aqua

Of course we can't defeat him, he is the Eggman.

He's got the Master Plan.

I want to see someone do a Robotnik chain now.
Or least take him as a companion.

I don't know why, but I really enjoy making the point of how, bullying her about it really, how Aqua makes a better sex toy than goddess.

So I am looking for some more suggestions for jumps to add to list of jumps to roll for. Here is a list of jump I have already taken pastebin.com/u26SLK0X (It’s a little long so you may want to Ctrl+F to make sure your suggestion hasn’t already been done) anyways thank you in advance for any suggestions you have.

8. Free choice

If one made a jump that will have more content released for it's IP in the future, but was also concerned about their own mortality preventing that jump being updated in the future, would it be okay to include a note allowing anyone to make a new version if it wasn't updated within a certain period of time? I know 'replacement jumps' are disallowed but also don't want people stuck with an outdated jump just because I've passed.

It could be, depending on how exactly it works. You couldn't use normal UBW to make a shirou though.

How good would a Jumper with only Bloodborne experience fair against the Grongi?

Nechronica
Crash Bandicoot
Diabolical

To find the best version of whatever drug or food you're craving at the time.
Some universes just have better cocaine and ice cream than others do.

If you are that concerned and genuinely think the series is going to have a lot more content soon, maybe just pick something else to make.

Probably pretty good? Especially if you were a Hunter of Hunters. Grongi are humanoid opponents, and most are pretty nimble. What are you picking up in the Heisei Jump?

What if one had already made it?

Final Fantasy XIII
Kingdom Hearts

Gathering artifacts, waifus, and seeing new forms of tech.

>That pic
Do you think the Rubys agreed to do the switch? Normal Ruby gets to be a giant and hug all the chibis, while Chibi Ruby gets access to our, comparatively larger, cookies.

Dead Space
Predator
AVP

...user, I am concerned for you.

If your mortality is a concern, then... I dunno, maybe make a note towards the end, waiving rights to the claim if you don't update it in X months after the previous update?

Alright, thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't upsetting anyone/ breaking any rules.

I'm torn between going straight Wanderer (W/ Seed of Light) or Police (W/ Seed of Light) just because I think those combos would be neat.

Alright thank you for your suggestions. All of them are added to the list.

But shirou is totally a sword! Erhm, moving on.

Like. I dunno. Instead of getting a field of swords when you activate it, you get a field of shirous? I'm thinking more dreamscape thing instead of full on RM, if only because then energy cost to just hang with other shirou would be enormous.

I'm not sure if 'summoning shirous' is a thing i need, no matter how cool it is, so I'll stick with dreamscape for now.

If i made it a separate purchase from UBW in the supplement, would that help at all?

I don't know if exclusivity is an inherent rule, but I do know that attempting to rewrite a jump without an author's express permission stirs up a massive shitstorm. You'd basically be bypassing this by including a clause to permit it in the event of either your abandonment of /jc/ or your demise, whichever comes first.

Not sure what difference this 'dreamscape' thing is meant to be from an RM?

What kind of Shirous? Are these all fully powered Shirous or just guys with his memories and personality and appearance? The latter would be pretty cheap, the former expensive and possibly unworkable depending on how else it works.

What number are you looking to summon?

No, UBW would be separate and not interact with this.

How much confusion would there be if I was a God like Methuselah and a Hadou God at the same time? I like the idea of giving snakey a headache just from that.

I don't know how much he'd care. He'd probably be more confused that another Hadou was present than that you were a god.

I can see that. Training her might even be fun. You can start slow, give her rewards for good behavior then star giving better rewards for more "fun" acts. Slowly take the rewards away and see if your training stuck.
I always saw Darkness as a personal toy. She would jump at the chance wear a collar.

What's the deal with gods in that setting? Are there any male gods in canon? Are they still called goddesses?

If anything he might even be happy, given that the reason he wants to die is because he's so bored with omniscience. Being something that makes no sense could really cheer him up, if you're not messing too much with his plans.

You'll probably be fine then, except maybe against their boss N-Daguva-Zeba, cause he's supposed to be radically more powerful then the rest. Near the end of Kuuga he begins to systematically kill the rest of the Grongi until it's just him remaning (I think because he saw them as being unworthy, he was pretty enigmatic for the most part). You'll have the raw stats to keep up, and skill as a Hunter will probably win you the day against most Grongi.

True, it definitely brightens Reinhard's mood when he sees something unexpected.

>N-Daguva-Zeba
No, I refuse to believe this is an actual name.

That problem here is that I have no idea what i'm talking about. Think the warehouse, but instead of random shinies, it's full of more shirou?

dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Oblivion_Bar
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Interdimensional_Council_of_Reeds_(Multiverse)

Something like those?

Full power, but only the shirous I have actually met? Which may not actually be that much a limitation, what with various forms of dimension travel.

one, maybe two at a time? three being a suicide technique?

Copypasting. Sorry if you were already planning on writing replies to stuff from previous threads. Or if my assumption about how all this works is hilariously wrong.
>Hey, is there gonna be an option for having our and our Companions' Briah/Ahnenerbe work anything like Reinhard's and Trifa's/Isaak's? With the whole "My body is someone else's relic, and my relic is their Briah, but my Briah is also someone else's relic" thing.

Chris

Well, could you please have a think about what you're after? It'd make things a lot easier if you just tell me what you want.

Probably too much at full power and auto copying any you meet.

By that number, are you referring to how many you can summon outside of the fully activated Reality Marble or how many you have within it?

Could I use Manly Monkey Man to compress a Cell/Bio Android alt-form (or other, similar ones) into a human form instead of a cockroach man?

Mmmm, probably not. It'd be a bit complicated to explain and it's also hard to see the benefit, especially when it'd be that confusing.

Mmmm, don't think that'd really count. It's still humanoid. It's not human but it's definitely not monstrous in the sense of a great ape either.

omg I never realized they were the same character....
SHE DOES PAD HER CHEST

>Restarted!Chain Jumper
Ah, there are so many wonderful stories to tell. I could go on for ages. But I will simplify in the interest of not blowing so many meager little minds.

The first I call forth are those who owe me the allegiance by virtue of being one of the few outlets they have to view the mortal coil. Beings that exist between worlds and time who must barter off slivers of their power in exchange for a few more minutes of existence. I speak of names like Karsus the Hubris in the Blood, Buer the Grandmother Huntress, Otiax the Key to the Gate, and Halphax the Angel in the Angle, among others. Each make a show of fighting against my influence, but all know my power and bend to my bidding.

The second are those I have eaten. The dread elemental dragons I dragged from their realms and sank my fangs into. These are the weakest, but the largest and most numerous. Even a few are capable of driving an army before them and the whole host is capable of cowing an entire world.

The third are those I have saved. The heroes and villains who died, but I reached in time to gather their souls. They are the willing undead who serve because they know I am the only thing holding them to this world. They are the souls that crave eternal battle more than any reward. They are those who slink into the servitude I offer because they know it is their only path towards immortality that does not place them on the balancing scales of fate.

The final are those I call out the least often. Not because it is difficult or because I fear what their powers may do to the world around me. It is because their faces remind me of my failures. But if I must, I will call them out. My faithful family. Those who knew me before, those who loved me before, those who saw me as brother, sister, mother, father. These I do not loose upon a world lightly, for they walk with a silver of my true power, and few worlds can stand the weight of my step on its own.

Rank/Persona/Species(Animal)

They have a properly fluffed out language, which iirc is just a basic cipher of Japanese. There're a lot of scenes where it's just dialogue between Grongi in their language, and they casually talk about major plot points and stuff.

Council of reeds, i think?

For an actual description of the combat capabilities, basically just summoning a shirou as a servant? And outside. Which would probably never work due to mana reserves.

It's explicitely spelled out they are the same character. And yes she does.

Darkness was lonely because she had no friends, so she kept preying at an Eris shrine for just one real friend.
Eventually Eris decided to take a mortal form and be Darkness' friend.

*rank/personal name/species(animal)

I think people just like seeing cute women. I am sure there are male gods. Maybe they are rare.

No need to pad. Perky is also great.

>Preying
What the fuck kind of typo is that?
I meant Praying

It is. Grongi names start with their language's words for their rank, then the creature their transformed appearance is based on, and then finally the type of creature it is. So he's of the strongest rank (N), based on a stag beetle (Daguba), which is an arthropod (Ba, the "Ze'" prefix indicates royalty). Kuuga actually had a lot of work put into the Grongi's language for a toku show, it's pretty neat.

Aww, bummer. I really liked Trifa's gimmick, but I guess it's fair to say it's not actually all that useful.

Darkness: Preyed upon by Eris after Darkness prayed to her.

That means nothing to me and doesn't really describe much at all about how it works in this context but fine, I'll try my best.

From what I can gather, you're basically wanting it to be an RM filled with different versions of Shirou at full power, adding a new one whenever you meet a new version. You're able to summon up to three at a time for high mana cost.

How many versions of Shirou are in it at the start and do they follow your orders?

It's a cool thing and there is a perk to replicate that sort of thing for yourself getitng loaned powers or bodies from others, but yeah, it's just too complex and confusing to set up for honestly too little benefit in return for most. There is an option to make your body into your relic though.

Was mostly just wondering why the option in the jump is called Fallen Goddess regardless of gender.

It doesn't mention gender at all tho?

Well, that's disappointing.

Thanks anyway.

Decided on one, due to how the fuck is one shirou going to power three more, but yes.

Zero, and not really?

I know. Just saying it only says "You're a former Goddess now."

Doesn't say you have to be female. Probably just because only females appear in the series?

I was a goddess like you, until I grew a penis.

"Goddess" is a feminine term user, it implies being female.

Sounds like it'd work then. Probably wouldn't be that high ranked either, honestly. Probably A+ in rank, thereabouts.

Ugh, can we not start the gender autism again? It's just a reference to the fact that only female goddesses ever appear in the show. It's not going to forcibly gender bend you.

It doesn't force you to be a girl, I don't see why being a god is exclusive to women just because it uses the word "goddess" since it doesn't say you have to be a girl.

Oh. I'm not arguing about that.
I'm just pointing out that Goddess is a feminine term. I don't give a fuck what the name is. I rename feminine perk names to masculine ones as-is when I post builds.

Kind of like in Ah! My Goddess there are male gods mentioned, but except for the big G you only ever see female goddesses. There are there someplace, just rare. Maybe just being a god can get you some extra attention from the goddesses. Who knows, maybe Aqua would be nicer to you than she is with Eris.

Well, technically one shirou, due to me giving it to one, but I don't think that counts? Also, thanks.

...how badly would it jack the price up if it was 'emiya family in general' rather than just shirou?

I don't care, I was just curious what the deal was. If it was like in SDS with the Goddess clan.

Well, it's still fairly limited so probably just one + more, depending on how broad you're taking 'emiya family in general' to be. It's not going to work if it's 'anyone with any form of relation, no matter how distant, to an emiya or someone with the emiya name' but if it's just 'Kiritusugu, Ilya, Irisviel, Shirou and maybe Kiri's dad' that could work.

Fair enough guys. Anyway, male gods never appear but it seems to be just a character choice.

I'm not saying that I didn't also take Darkness and Megumin. That I don't sometimes allow Darkness to catch me bullying Aqua, and "sacrifice" herself to spare the goddess. That I don't take advantage of a helpless and over-sensitive Megumin after she's blown her whole daily magic wad.

Just that if you had to know my favorite, It's bullying Aqua. Reminding her that her most useful talent is the hole between her legs, and that though she's a cum dump goddess, she isn't even the goddess of cum dumps. That her demi-divine children will be more useful than her.

I was thinking kuro/miyu more than Kiri's dad, but pretty much that.

Could I have the capstone boosted Jumper Cult not worship me exactly, but more view me as a folk hero or national treasure or something? Maybe something like Superman?

And would I still be able to draw power from them even though they're not actively worshipping me?

Hey jumpers? What's the most powerful virus I could find in my chain? Preferably something that just insta kills anything it comes in contact with regardless of how advanced, alien, or magical it is.

It'll be focused on you but you can have it worship other stuff as well as you.

No, they'd need to be worshipping you, not something else.

That's a pretty shitty virus, desu.

If you kill the host too quickly, you have no reservoir to infect from.

Is it ever elaborated on exactly what is required to use Ewigkeit? Trifa makes it sound like to even use it you have to already be abnormal, even superhuman.

I'm now imaging an Andrew Ryan expy in Konosuba with a city worshipping him and The Great Chain.

Jumpers, what is your military?

Mm, don't believe it ever is. The exact mechanics of Ewigkeit and even relics are generally left kinda obscure. I'd say you don't need to be all that impressive personally, I can't imagine anyone would have considered Spinne to be some paragon of skill prior to his formula use.

Humans, enhanced in all sorts of ways.
Everything from gene therapy to cybernetics to NANOMACHINES SON to power armor to weird exercise routines.

Machines or Creations primarily.

Also Pic Related once I get to Orks and Goblins.

Will there be any freebies so we aren't automatically Spinne tier in Ewigkeit/general usefulness? Cause everybody else seems to naturally be ridiculously competent, if insane.

Well, if you choose to be the LDO origin, you'll start off at Kei's level, since you'll have all the training and education she got from the rest of the LDO and her level of power in relic/briah. Students and Outsiders won't get that though.

That said, you've got 1000 points to spend and you'll be getting at least 4 perk freebies too, so you'll only start off as low level if you choose to.

Magitech cybernetic zombies

Er, to clarify, the student and outsider origins also get Kei's level of relic and briah for free. It's just the training that only the LDO origin has.

Low superhuman waifus created via magitek and equipped with the same.

Volunteer locals willing to put up with some bullshit.

Saiyans that have been trained and improved to meet their maximum potential: extreme physical and mental training, martial arts, weapons skills, gene modifications, NANOMACHINES SON, power armor, and the best weaponry, technology, and knowledge we can gather and replicate; all the bells and whistles to turn my people into the greatest force in any universe we find ourselves in. Of course, they have a policy of non-intervention for the most part unlike me, although I do hold back most of the time; they only get involved if there's some great threat that the locals will need help with in order to survive.

Hmmhmmhmm. Will there be any intelligence perks? You talking about Hotaru reminded of what a retard she is, and how terrifying it would be to be stuck on her level.

My minions from Diabolical. Took Magitek and Circuity and Metal to let me create superhuman soldiers from magic. Of course they are all cute girls, because why not? Great for mass producing soldiers for whatever purpose they're needed for.

Raw intelligence? Hmmmmmmmm. Doooon't think so but there might be one I forgot. There's certainly a bunch of mental based perks but I don't recall any that just directly boost intelligence. There's planning perks, self control perks, emotional growth or stagnation, various perks for retaining awareness or focus on different things etc

No idea who Hotaru is though.

A shame we don't have a 40k ork jump yet, as I'd love to be able to field an army of boyz.

I'm tempted, if it happens, to buy nothing buy Squiggoths
To go with my Squigg army from Orks and Goblins.