Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Dork Imperium edition

>Old Thread
>GW FAQ (1.3):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ (1.2):
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ypgltnMSTvw
youtube.com/watch?v=evtYUKFNLZc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2nd for it's ok to be human

PICK A SIDE
inb4 Malal

So we know that Craftworlds and Ynnari have a reputation for being competitive but what do you think of Harlequins?

I promise not to spam fusion pistols and embraces

Dubs user must paint his Contemptor as a Celebrant

Its boring of course but i choose Khorne. Also on that Note. If i start a Khorne army am i required to buy Blood for the Blood God Technical paint?

First for failed charges are still a charge

so you're promising to be bad?

The game already has enough alpha strike issues. We don't need Blood Angels to be Codex: Mass Turn 1 Assault.

Just do Furious Charge for everybody and re-roll charges for JUMP units.

Yes. Of course.

No. Of course not.

I'm doing a paladin heavy GK army with a couple dreadnoughts. What kind of Land Raider should I get? Would a Stormraven do me better? I'm leaning towards a Crusader or the FW Vortimer Redeemer with the Psycannons.

Quite possibly

if you don't convert your own character models you're a shame

yes, and skulls for the skull throne texture paint.

>We don't need Blood Angels to be Codex: Mass Turn 1 Assault.

That's what hive fleet behemonth armies are for. that sweet sweet 66% chance to first turn charge with adrenal gland deepstrikers

I'm about to convert 15 eldar rangers tomorrow from guardian, kroot, and shadow warrior bits.

>What kind of Land Raider should I get?
A spartan.
>Would a Stormraven do me better?
Mildly so, but that is because they are fucking baller as hell.

Don't they're terrible

GK can't take Spartans, we're really lacking in a lot of FW love. We only have Godhammer, Crusader, Redeemer, and Vortimer. But I think a Land Raider is 10x cooler than a Stormraven. Shame I can't take both.

>tfw no sister gf

Why does everyone aside from Tau get to have different army styles.
Why won't GW let me make my Crisis Suits into Laceration Trauma Suits

They're cheap. I got slots to fill.

This picture is some serious fucking Heresy

Can you still give the Crusader psybolts?

it's only a head/weapon swap but it's a start.

because it's in their fluff that they only have 1 dude in their entire species that is any good at cc. And that's only by accident because he found a magic sword.

With the 2CP Stratagem, which gives it +1S -1AP, yes. Otherwise, no.

I plan on converting this guy eventually. Its going to suck when the codex comes out and i am told that he died in the Siege of Baal.

nurgle of course.

Kind of pointless if they removed all the options from all your hqs but whatever.

Death Company Leviathan Dreadnought

The voices won't bother you if you're already nuts.
Seems like a good idea

Hivemind

Seems odd they don't have a xenos ally for melee combat. I'm sure theres big dumb species they've subjugates they could hand a fancy sword to

Slaanesh. I just want to jam and have fun.

The glorious Hive Mind.

Oh ho ho, It is funny because they do have a xeno ally for melee combat but they are just as shit.

I kinda figured Kroot would take that role but I never see them in any of the Tau forces I fight. Are they just kinda garbage or something?

youtu.be/ypgltnMSTvw

I want things to be loud.

Kroot hounds are pretty good.

skip actual kroot though.

lame

They won't win against anything actually good at CC, so you might as well just use drones.

To be fair, he is kind of a badass

Yep. Simple but effective Brotherhood Champion conversion I made.

That's kinda sad.

>spirits seers vs warlock
>for 10 points extra you gain 2 wounds
>+1 to BS and WS
>gain rerolls for all wraith stuff against anything 6 inches from your spirit seer
>Get the ENTIRE smite
>lose access to singing spear (which costs 5 points) but gain access to 2 damage instead of D3 (probability wise is higher, and is just all around more reliable)

whats the downside?
Hell you don't get a ghost helm or fate ruins but its 55 cheaper than a farseer.

>15 rangers

do you fight 15 character models often?

How can one race have only have one chad.

I really REALLY wish I could find room for a Brotherhood Champion in my list. They seem so badass, basically fucking up anything they want for 115pts.

The Ethereal Virgins have baby chads killed at birth.

Simple, he killed all the other chads so he could be the sole alpha in the entire species.

Its always worth it to take him over a warlock on foot.

warlock is still cheaper if all you want is runes of battle

Maybe the next Tau release will be a Enclaves model.

Guess there is also Mr. Donkeypunch and Mr. Meltasword

>just want runes of battle

honestly I just want him for the cheap as hell smite. everything else I said was a bonus.

piling ten warlocks out of a wave serpent is also funnier than ten spiritseers

Heresy you say?

I dunno 1 d6 mortal wound vs 10 d3 mortal wounds is pretty funny

Your seriously implying that assault marines are scary user

Tyranids can shove enough genestealers to kill a titan at you turn 1 and your worried about chainswords?

Just go chaos and spam malefic lords they're leagues better at smite spam than a 45ppm character and have daemon prince statlines in combat.

Nah, they can still be useful as a screen to deter turn-1 charges from DS units by literally using them as a screen. Can't charge the unit behind the Kroot so have to target Kroot first and all. On your turn( and if they're still alive) just fall back and unload on the enemy unit.

Why not put the spiritseers into a wave serpent?

>who is Aun'Shi
>who is Darkstrider
>who is Longstrike

because it's 10 identical models unless you've done a savvy job

all beta nu-males soy boys next to Far "fuck melee races in their face" Sight.

Just use warlock models as spiritseers

>if you don't convert your own character models you're a shame
GLORY, FOR THE EMPEROR AND SANGUINIUS (and the Ecclesiarchy in the case of the Canoness I guess)

>Just use warlock models as spiritseers
is there honestly anything against this.
when I bought my warlocks they were considered spiritseers at the time. thinking about converting them to spirit seers.

I personally wouldn't have a huge problem with it, spiritseers are basically super warlocks.

The only difference is their stick is damage 2 while the wraithblade is damage D3 (which is statistically 2)

Not enough bits floating around for Eldar, which made it a real treat for me when I made a small Marine army.

Sorry for the thicc, i've gotten better since.

>Just use warlock models as spiritseers
really there's no picture for my disdain

Speaking of that. What'd be a good way to make my own Ghazzy? Just a MANz with some extra Boss bits?

I need two

Where'd you get the head for the Canoness? I was planning to do the same thing, but could only find some heads from an Empire Knights kit.

Okay, so got my bitz in today, about and smashed together my idea of a custom Red Terror, uncertain if I want to fully trim the spines on the jaw, and if I want to put the spines I trimmed onto the back as well. But, I like it. When I base it though I am going to have to weight it, that mawloc head is heavy, filled with greenstuff to mate it with a warrior head and the jaws.

Immolator kit. It comes with a single Sabbat-pattern helmet.

start from a T'au supr'emacy armo'r body

Basically in third, warlocks and spiritseers shared the same model.

we aren't in third anymore

How did this headbutt a man, with the man surviving?

his head too small for his god damn body

pretty sure they did that in 4th and 5th too

The emperor protects. your false gods have no place here

in 4th they just gave warlocks the spiritseer ability and eldar didn't have a new book in 5th.

6th they finally gave spiritseers its own model and book for some reason.

tze

just for galaxy wide shit posts.

His head looks like the only thing LEFT of his body and the Mad Dok just stuck it in a kustom Stompa and called it a day.

>buying a FW LoW to use for conversion bits

wow, im envious

On the note of Farsight
My Enclaves Equals, are we expecting to finally have our own models yet or not? So we can model fusion blades onto things

But user he said We dont need "anymore" Alpha strikes. Meaning the ones we have are already too much. So no more we just get +1 strength on the charge and re-roll charges on jump units.

>buy the oop finecast spiritseer, reeeee

youtube.com/watch?v=evtYUKFNLZc
I was watching this and realised that Dan Abnett has tiny hands.

I figured I'd post my list since I'm sort of in a bind for around 380pts. I'd rather keep the theme of 'super elite' and not use and PAGK, but I suppose if I was going to, I'd probably use Interceptors or Purifiers I guess. I just don't like the models as much.

Grey Knights - Vanguard Detachment
Grandmaster Voldus
-- Sanctuary, Gate of Infinity, Vortex of Doom
Apothecary
-- Daemonhammer, Sanctuary
Paladin Squad
-- Paragon - Daemonhammer
-- 3x Falchions, Hammerhand
Paladin Squad
Paladin Squad

Grey Knights - Vanguard Detachment
Brother-Captain -WARLORD-
-- Hammerhand, First to the Fray
Brotherhood Ancient
-- Banner of Refining Flame, Falchion, Purge Soul
Doomglaive Dreadnought
-- Stormbolter, Heavy Psycannon
Doomglaive Dreadnought
-- Stormbolter, Heavy Psycannon
1623/2000

And I know I'm lacking some hard anti-tank really, which is why I was leaning Land Raider or Stormraven. Just not too sure what to pick. I'd like to slap a Brotherhood Champion in there for funsies but it's not really necessary. I doubt he'd do a lot on the tabletop, as cool as I think he'd be.

Go for Stormraven then.
Good transport, ded 'ard, and when it's done transporting your murder squad, it shoots shit all day.

I miss when Stormravens were Blood Angels only.

Why?
I miss when BAs could deepstrike landraiders.
I watched my mate do that shit, and it was always funny.

I hate how much terminators cost. If I get blightlord termies would they still be solid with combi bolters, axes and 2 flails? Sits around 230 pts at that poverty level

Problem is, ideal Stormraven is like, 326 points with Hurricane, Lascannon, and Multimelta. I can't really think of anything I can do for that extra 50 points. I can grab Incinerators on my Doomglaives, but thats only 24 points. I'm still short like 30, there, and honestly Storm Bolters are probably better. Hmm.