youtube.com/watch?v=kpXqQvtgmVA
youtube.com/watch?v=B7mhQipwdb0
youtube.com/watch?v=uxfoa23skHg
youtube.com/watch?v=6XA7KDyuhdA
youtube.com/watch?v=1XuVaBsFDLM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The only Good Aelf is a dead Aelf.

Or one with their tits ou- I mean SIGMAR VULT

Quit spreading this racist shit and go back to pol.

>Racist

How is it racist?

Are you saying it's...*not* okay to like aelves? Isn't that also racist?

I need help.

So, I have decided to limit my potential army selection to one of the 3 that I essentially own already. However, all 3 will require purchases because for one reason or another, what I have is mostly pretty basic. Here they are:

Tzeentch
>have 30-40 horrors
>7 flamers
>5 screamers
>metal LoC
>sword, axe, and claws Prince
>think I have a disk herald
This is more or less my side army from 5th edition 40k that has since lost its appeal. Seems ok in Sigmar. Plus side, there's a Christmas box.

Wanderers
>have a bunch of old wood elves
>lost a lot to the legacy update
>the rest are almost entirely glade guard
>like 70 Glade guard
>can probably use kit bashed way watchers as sisters of the watch
>have a descent amount of heroes
I loved my WE back in the day, and the new Wanderers allegiance abilities and stuff look fun. However, I would need to buy Rangers/EG/SotThorn and possibly SotWatch because again, literally all Glade guard. This is problematic due to lack of boxes set.

>Sylvaneth
>have leftover Dryads from wood elves
>have Sylvaneth big box from last year
Pretty straight forward. They seem fun, and they have all the fun abilities I loved from WHFB. However, I am concerned about need a bunch of $75 woods from GW, which I would have to end up making from scratch because that's an absurd price.

Halp

I play wanderers and let me say that 2 blocks of 30 GG are actually quite common. I run two in my list, so you'll use 60 out of those 70, so not bad imo. Get yourself 20 EG, a nomad prince, and at least 3 waywatcher heroes and you're well on your way to a solid 2k list.

The one thing to be aware of with wanderers is that they absolutely need to spend those 400 points on allies because we have some big weaknesses that can't be fixed in-house so to speak. typically wizards, behemoths, and/or mortal wound hammers.

I am often interested in the music of differnt peoples in fiction.
What music best represents the faction?
Here is my ideal music for Dispossessed.
youtube.com/watch?v=23DUxnanZ48

um sweetie
youtube.com/watch?v=-6FXeupOp04

why do you have a dwarf foreverially tied up and delitized?

>foreverially tied up and fully delitized
please no not now not ever

Someone write one NOW!

New White Dwarf When (NWDW) ?

Both y'all niggas got it wrong
youtu.be/ytWz0qVvBZ0

First two reforged empire greatsworders reporting in. I'm thinking red and white quadrants for color scheme.

“Oh I say Sir Theodor ‘‘tis a fine day for valiantly slaying those foul marauders”

“Correct you are Sir Gerald tis a fine day indeed”

>aelf
>aelves
Fucking A that sounds autistic, GW couldn't come up with any shittier names huh?

>Those giant shoulderpads

How would you feel if they called them Eldar?

The hats/helmets look dumb. Those style beards are fine for stormcast but you can't just slap on a completely different piece of attire and call it a day.

If you want them to look like former freeguild dudes, do it in their armour adornment. Those tiny lightning zag trinkets should be replaced with tiny shields or iron crosses, or you could sculpt some empire-style comets here and there.

You're autistic (and possibly illiterate).

This is one of the few name changes that makes perfect sense. Elves and fairies come from the same mythological source and some mythologies use them interchangeably. Along this line of though, the change is closer to the original way a number of relevant words were spelt.

For E.g. Faerie is the archaic spelling of fairy.

Are Seraphon a meme???

>Aelf
IT'S ELF YOU MORONS!
ELF!

FUCK YOUR NEWSPEAK!

I remember a time when the term meme had actually a meaning, instead of actually being some sort of filler term.

You mean old norsemen were autists?

Because that's how they wrote the word originally (which doubles as an epic fail on copyright).

No. Fuck YOUR newspeak.
We're going back to the Old Norse, whether you like it or not!

Mine for Seraphon: youtube.com/watch?v=fte2YrMta7g

I've seen other anons mention Riders of the Storm for the Stormcast, but I reckon the second one here fits them better, thematically. You can decide which fits more:
youtube.com/watch?v=WDu1MtpWIEU
youtube.com/watch?v=0l__jSgTAmQ

Is this a good list for a 100 renown Skirmish match?

>Necromancer 22
>Tomb Banshee 16
>Wight king 24
>10 Skeletons 20
>2 Spirit Hosts 16

100/100 renown

I want to run this list as the backstory is that the Necromancer, a former ruler turned to Necromancy in desperation when his wife, son and kingdom were laid vaste to by an army of a rivaling kingdom. Now after he has resurrected his wife and his son (along with a portion of their former court) they now scour the realms in search of a way to return the to life completely and search for vengeance whenever they can

I like this for Stormcast.
youtube.com/watch?v=b11-37Me_a4

It's mostly the colour scheme and general flag design in that one, but I'm really thinking of a Freeguild regiment here. I'll agree that it does fit the Stormcast once it gets to the drums and loud brass, but the beginning is more "grim-faced mortal warriors, relying on their grit and determination to win the day" than "god-blessed and god-forged semi-immortals that do everything on a grand scale" to me. I just don't feel it.

It might fit the Lions of Sigmar though, but they've only had a colour scheme shown afaik. I kinda like their "silent except for their deafening roars on the battlefield" shtick, is there any mention of them in the novels or Realmgate Wars books?

how is it racist?

They look awesome from the neck up, but look like gay faggetshit from the neck down.

Take your (You)'s and go fuck what's left of your brains with chainsaws, /pol/tards.

You did not answer the question faggot.
What is racist about it?

My guess is he's a falseflag.
Of the Slav variety.

Reminder that Dispossessed suck.

I'm pretty set on my heroes for wanderers, especially if I use my 3 metal Waywatchers as Waywatcher lords. It's the rest, really.

Looking at what you've got already, a standard Treelord or Durthu would be a way to get a heavy hitter in there. But without any healing Durthu falls off quickly. Treelord plus Loremaster would be a great combo to bring.

Do you want to go in the fucking book?

Can someone make a Chaos Dwarf version?

What's racist about that? Are you saying it's not okay to be white?

You sound kinda racist.

any ironjawz players here? i have a question.

how many points would this two boxes be? minimum-maximum depending on upgrades?
Im really tempted to be them and shelf my thousand sons project for a while since im enjoying painting the shadespire orkband so much

>minimum-maximum depending on upgrades?
There is no such thing as paying for upgrades in AoS.

Anyway don't take the WeirdNob Warband unless you are planning to take 2 boxes.
It's a Skirmish box (40k equivalent of KillTeam) and as so have only 5 'ardboyz. They come in unit of 10.

First box is 400 points.
If you take 2 Warbands, that's another 780.

You'd need two weirdnob warbands, actually, since ardboyz need to come in 10s. That's not a bad thing because you want more brutes and ardboyz nevertheless. Weirdnobs are nice too.

All in all, if you grabbed 2 skirmish and 1 sc you'd have:

10 brutes 360pts

20 ardboyz 360pts

3 gorgruntas 140pts

1 warchanter 80pts

2 weirdnobs 240pts

and could make an ironfist for an additional 160pts

So you'd have... about 980pts give or take?

How people play warhammer?

People go to bassment and play all weekends same as D'n'D? Or they go to some kinds of festival like camping for some weeks but in the building? It must cost a lot of maney.

Im just neeb in warhammer. And Im frome ukrainian country so I newer play or even talk about this wargame before.

1 Start Collecting, two Weirdnob Warbands, Megaboss, Megaboss on Mawcrusher, 1 box of Brutes will give you a nice Ironjawz army to work with.

By rolling dice and pushing around little painted army-men.

It depends, some play at gaming clubs, others with close friends and/or family. I am doing the latter with my friends who are also into warhammer

>They come in unit of 10.

that is weird, why does the standart box of them come in packs of 15? Is GW just banking hat you get two at the same time?

I mean, you kind of want more than 10 yes.

Fyreslayers are just naked chaos dwarves who who traded in their artillery for lizards.

warhammer-community.com/2017/11/07/week-warhammer-live/

>On Wednesday, at 4:00 pm (UK Time), the week begins as we chat to Phil Kelly about the Stormcast Eternals. Since their arrival, the Stormcast Eternals have developed considerably, with many now suffering from the repeated trauma of Reforging – maybe Phil will have some insights into what’s next for Sigmar’s finest?

OH MY GOD I CANT WAIT FOR MORE STORMCAST!!!

>that is weird, why does the standart box of them come in packs of 15?
It's a legacy from old WHFB. Like with Chaos Warriors, Dryads and others.

All the new stuff come in the exact same number as the rules, and can equip the stuff you find in the box. No more no less.

GW likes this user-friendly stuff.

I have a conspiracy theory that GW is putting off introducing Aelves (partiuclarly a HE analog) because they would prove to be more popular than Stormcast. Anyone else get that feeling?

Fucking Phil Kelly.
I hate that lurid waacfag.

Grab these two boxes, a megaboss and run the ironfist battalion - bam, 1000pts

>More Stormcasts

No. That's because they had some problems with their staff. GW is planning their release schedule 1-3 years forward. IIRC GW decided to drop even some primaris marines projects

>we chat to Phil Kelly about the Stormcast Eternals

What kind of problems? And do you know anything more about these dropped primaris marine projects?

Ugggggh. I want to start playing Sigmar, but I want a new army that isn't fucking stupid.

do you really think all the new armies are stupid? I can understand one or two of them (fyreslayers or stormcasts) but ALL of them?

>What kind of problems?
Some employees quit the job and their projects have been dropped. New FW and AoS teams were created iirc. Every shake in the GW staff = delay
>do you know anything more about these dropped primaris marine projects
No, sorry. There was a discussion in the 40kg two days ago but I didn't give a fuck desu - I only asked about my list and didn't pay attention

I have a question about rules
Can banner or musician units attack as though they have weapons like the rest of the unit?

I guess not all of it is outright stupid, the tzeentch dudes are alright, but most of them are stupid or just not very intresting I've found.

I mostly just want new Malekith, I was getting into him when the end times was a thing, then they pull the plug on all that shit, and don't bother following it up well.

be me:
>drag ass out of bed and shower
>put on slacks and tie, make coffee, eat toast
>commute to office
>log into /tg
>see this OP I posted yesterday

looks like I'm not the only aelves fan lurking here.

Yes

They have the weapons like everyone else.

I'm not aware of any exception beside some that renounce to the shield.

In a weird move you could have one model that is simultaneously the unit champion, standard bearer, musician and special weapon carrier.

Okay, using Irondrakes as an example, could a model holding a Grudgehammer Torpedo also fire a drakegun?

No you have to choose which one he's armed with.

warhammer-community.com/2017/11/07/week-warhammer-live/

>Since their arrival, the Stormcast Eternals have developed considerably, with many now suffering from the repeated trauma of Reforging – maybe Phil will have some insights into what’s next for Sigmar’s finest?

Is this a joke about how everyone is sick of the never ending stream of SC, and only SC, releases? I'm probably giving GW too much credit, that kind of meta joke would probably be too on point for them to make.

Special weapons generally replace the models weapons. That is always stated in the unit's warscroll.
Standard bearers and musicians are just special rules stuck on a model and have no influence on their gear.

I am honestly curious where they're going with SCE, right now they have pretty much all bases covered already, apart from hordes, wizards and heavy-duty warmachines, all of which would go against their whole concept.

>all of which would go against their whole concept

So then we can expect those models to be released then because we can't have anything that isn't Stormcast Related ever release

>my little stormcast eternal can't be this cute

GW have already given Space Marines units that go against their concept. I would expect GW to do the same for SCE.

>I am honestly curious where they're going with SCE

I read somewhere that SC has a chamber of dudes riding lions, and I think there is one with dudes riding bears. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a magical lightning shooting war machine for them either.

Truly amazing how such awesome concepts are made so boring by being associated with a Stormcast instead of a more interesting faction.

>GW have already given Space Marines units that go against their concept
Which ones?

Mine for Flesh-Eater Courts.

youtube.com/watch?v=kpXqQvtgmVA

youtube.com/watch?v=B7mhQipwdb0

The lions and bears were just shitposting/wishlisiting. Not that I wouldn't appreciate a battleline cavalry unit for my stormhost.
The warmachine I could see, but SCE have their warmachine needs already covered very well by their heroes, such as the knight-venator, or units like the Vanguard-Raptors.

>such awesome concepts are made so boring by being associated with a Stormcast

im still disappointed that the gryph-riders weren't an aelf thing. C'est la vie.

Please elaborate - I don't get this

I hate the designers capacity to make dumb shit and management's capacity to approve dumb shit

Moustache guns and tophat on the clusterfuck of a model that is Brokk McAllGoldNoSense

I too was annoyed by the gryphriders.

I know they're not identical to demigryphs but they basically stole demigryphs knights and turned them into SC fastcav instead of freeguild heavy cav.

Not him, but Space Marines are primarily shock assault troops with a focus on deployment right into combat.
One could argue that all equipment that is difficult to actually get on the battlefield or move around quickly while on it would be a detriment.
Shit like the Thunderfire would be left behind the rapid advance.
In other cases you could also say that they have gear focussed on tasks the marines have no real business doing, such as long-term sieges, specialized recon or air superiority.
That said, by sheer necessity and desperation marines have developed into a force that, by M41, are employed in so many roles that this is a pointless discussion.

Dispossessed Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=uxfoa23skHg

The left one sort of works but the right one clashes, it was a good attempt

If you can get empire heads with big moustaches and no hats, you’re golden

Plebs bow down to my superior release schedule

You will only receive your aelves after I receive my next Chamber, so sayeth the God King

Yes but you are also a meme in the same sense.

I think an Host of Slaanesh coming close would sound a lot like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=6XA7KDyuhdA

>Dispossessed Theme
this is awesome, always been a fan of the lotr soundtrack.

its interesting/sad how far from that concept the "new dwarves" have come.

Nah man, THIS is the music of Slaanesh.
youtube.com/watch?v=1XuVaBsFDLM

Yeah but like Imperial FISTS are masters of siege warfare...

explain that?

Oh look, a gay joke.
Very original, that's not lame at all.

Honestly minus a couple sculpts (fuck top hats) I was very pleased with the BlimpDwarves. It made sense for a 'faction' of dwarves that embraced Technology in its purest rather than warfare or their gods. The trade enabled their growth and considering the scale and proportions of AoS as a whole, they seem not that bad.