/cyoag/ - CYOA General

>Genderswap Edition

Archives and other things: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous thread: New archive (can also be found in the pastebin): mega.nz/#F!rZImQQbI!q0_MBu6MEWP8Hn3jd4Nvag

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eEKfWVvADiQ
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QSXCrPQNrmIa2dmq211SHj5RXfLm_h9T?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like the other thread better

Imo threadly themes mean more CYOAs from the past that would otherwise be forgotten. After the post to CYOA ratio last thread something needed changing.

>After the post to CYOA ratio last thread something needed changing.

Did it? Discussion of OC and build-posting can be a pretty good thing.

Oh look theres a lewd guardian spirit cyoa on reddit. I guess our guardian guy got beaten.

True and that did happen but not as much as I'd hope. But it's just an optional theme, post the same CYOAs and discussion of OC and builds as always, and if you want to, post on-theme CYOAs too and if a few people do that we have some bonus rare CYOAs on top of everything else!

I mean, we've had 2 pieces of high-quality OC drop over just the last two threads. One of them raised significant ethical and theme questions, and the discussion about them was pretty heated. It'll probably die down soon, though.

>you were supposed to be a female
>select phallus size

Are there any romance/perfect mate CYOAs featuring males instead of females?

Asking for a friend.

Fuck off fujoshit

>CYOC
What did he mean by this?

>Feminine 2
>Medium 4
>Muscular 3
>Vagina 5
>Pink/Frilly-
>Craft Supplies -
>Flavor of the Day -
>Jewelry, Sex Toys, and Accessories 4
>No punishments
>Transformation Sequence 3
>Secretary 1
>Girly apartment -
>Student -1
>Witch 0
>Familiar -3
>Bro (sis) -4
>Nun -2
>Mad Scientist -1
>Mastermind 0

>An old soul
>Countryside
>Be Strict
>Intelligent, Resilient, Snarky
>Gentle and Kind
>Studying, Literature, DIY, Traditional Games

After literal years of lurking and siphoning cyoas from these threads, I've been struck by a bolt of inspiration for a cyoa of my own.
I don't have an ETA for you, nor would I stick to it if I gave one, but there is OC on the horizon, lads.

Good luck, my froggy friend.
Remember: Get over the hump.

There is a CYOA that I'm looking for but I only remember a part of it. The setting is some kind of mosnter invasion, one of the perks lets you get a monster/waifu/companion but you are considered a race traitor.

Good luck, divine inspiration and good nerves upon you!

And another one begins his slow ascension to immortality.
Good luck and godspeed.

>A firm fighter
>Move to the suburbs
>Be encouraging
>Intelligent, Friendly, Resilient, Rebellious
>Gentle and kind
>Technology, Studying, Debate

To whoever did it, thanks for the cyoa, I wholeheartly enjoyed it, although it's far from the clasical wish fullfilling aproach. It wasn't very long and detailed, but it was enough to bring back some memories to the point I think I should give my mom a call. Thanks again and nice work, user.

>>A firm fighter
I just read this as something dirty in my head

I'll only say that, almost no matter what someone might guess, it was worse

>tfw no PeePeePeePlus
Never would I have thought that anything pokemon related could have aroused my passions so.

Good.

>Hey, 3_tankista, if you're around can you tell me what provinces make good ports? I wanna make an Empire with Yaponia, but I'd like for us to be close instead of me being ages away. Zelonomorie seemed like the best choice with its huge coast, but it is mentioned that it has cliffs along the shores.
As long as it's not mountainous, any province will generally do, but the best option for what you have in mind would be White Pass, which you should have known from its description.
>How is Wyrmland and Krasnograd (with its tiny sea connection) for port areas?
Wyrmland is a good location to construct ports in, but you should be aware that the volcanic activity is still present in the area and it may or may not increase over time.
Krasnograd will be very limited in space if used as a port and will present you some logistical problems when trying to distribute the goods gained from trade across the entire province.

Assuming you are Tankista, your CYOAs are awesome.

Two questions:
Do you plan on adding fleet management rules or anything else to Time of Troubles and what CYOA are you working on now (if any).

USUM is coming out soon, I'm sure it will be a dissapointment as well.

>fleet management rules
It was originally in the plans for the Update 2 but I scrapped it. Pre-Petrine Russia never was a naval power, so it will be hard for me to find ideas to build ships around. There's only so many boat synonyms in Russian I can use to 'fake' ship types. So, it's unlikely that I would add a Navy panel.
>anything else to Time of Troubles
When I get around to update Time of Troubles again, it'll mostly be fixing the mistakes I made in this update (turn Outcomes into Goals instead, rebalance Unit costs and Province resources, add stats and abilities for the Buildings to make an illusion of them being useful for something like Units, change the wording of some descriptions, etc) and expanding what I already have - more Bogatyrs, more Government Type unique options, stuff like that.
>what CYOA are you working on now
Back when I released Time of Troubles, I announced that I would be working on Hades - a specific world from Magocratic Convention's Planar Chart. I changed my mind, however, and decided to do a different one instead. It'll be the Hell Rebellion CYOA. I'll try to make it a one-pager, so it will be done quickly relatively to the speed I'm usually working at.

>There's only so many boat synonyms in Russian I can use to 'fake' ship types. So, it's unlikely that I would add a Navy panel.

Can't you just russify German or French words like Russians did when they westernised?

But Svetlania is not westernized (yet?). It just wouldn't make much sense for Svetlanians to use western boats and western words then.
In any case, it's a question for the future. I may change my mind or find a solution on my own by the time I return to this CYOA again.

I start with DNA tests.

She has a rapacious attitude and the dick to match. Where's my prize?

Thought you're fine with using straight up Western tech because you allowed the player to buy 'Nemtsy something' buildings. The ships could be manned by your not-germans. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, haven't even made a build yet.

Does anyone have the school bully cyoa by tok?

Fuck you're great Tankista.

Yo! I gotchu Senpai.
At least, I think I do. Folder is still a mess with how my phone organizes them.

I think there's only these two pages, if there is more, I don't think I have them.

Who?

>Another shitty be-a-girl cyoa
fuck off

>Shitposting about old CYOAs.
Whiny non-contributor.

...why post a game in a CYOA thread?

They’re not wine, they don’t get better with age

Same can be said about whine, user.

To be fair old people really know how to whine.

WIP or just forgotten?
Thank you, I was looking for this one as the MEGA likes to mess with me.

>WIP or just forgotten
Died, author probably didn't get enough feedback on it.

Does anyone has this one in high quality ?

This one always stresses me out a bit. Mostly the “you only have three lives and get progressively weaker” part. It’s kind of silly since three lives of guaranteed adventure is far better than what you get in real life

Thanks !

Sad, but I guess it's fairly common. Thanks for answering.

That is a shame because it was a wild ride

Gosh dang this cyoa is amazing! Loving the idea of a sort of war to protect our corner of the multiverse after they all got blended together. Seems unfinished though, does anyone-

Oh... Dang... That's depressing.

Here's the uncensored version.

Blue board, user

>uncensored
If you really want to post it, go to

>One of them raised significant ethical and theme questions
Do you really consider "is it bad to sell someone's soul for power" a significant ethical question?

I'm going with my last build
>9 and 22
Even if I went blind the first time and didn't know the girls, I liked 'em, so I'm keeping my build the same.

Yes, because the value and nature of a "soul" aren't clearly defined, nor is there any guaranteed consequence for selling one or an objective moral authority to tell you it's wrong.
Whether you think it's wrong or not depends on how the setting works, of course, but mainly on how you define "good".
A lot of people on this board are very black-white thinkers who find comfort in the idea that "some things are just evil", but in most settings and most definitely the real world, there's no clear definition of "evil", nor are there any things which are 100% guaranteed to end in disaster as if guided by the laser of karma.
It might be that way depending on the setting, but by deciding on a setting, you've already chosen to define the value of a soul, and thus made a few assumptions that make the question easier to answer in context.
Debating whether or not a soul has value while lacking a clear definition of a soul or morality won't have a clear answer, because it so fundamentally hinges on a subjective perception of a concept (morality, the soul, a divine authority) which may or may not actually exist and is unprovable by purely scientific means - but it's not an insignificant question.
By saying it is, you've already decided that a soul is a positive thing, that a human suffers without it and that taking it from a human is bad enough that it erases all hope of redemption - and while that's a pretty common definition of a "soul", rabbis and monks have been debating on this subject for literal millennia.

>All the Tok haters of /cyoag/ never saw what they had comin', when Tok rose from ashes all the prude anons went runnin'.
You can split all my bones and sever my head, do your best to kill me dead. But I will just emerge like an immortal victor, now it's time to unleash my boa constrictor. With my divine body I will make the Tok haters stagger, then I will unzip my pants and rape them with my #DragonDagger. You might think my personality is irredeemable and heinous, but you won't be saying any of that when I'm wrecking your anus. Your lord and savior is finally here, lewd deviants bring out the beer! It's time to get sexy, release your inner demon. Grab your cock and make it rain semen. Hear these words and look into my eyes, a legend never dies.
youtube.com/watch?v=eEKfWVvADiQ

Uncensored Version:
Uncensored Version on Googledrive:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QSXCrPQNrmIa2dmq211SHj5RXfLm_h9T?usp=sharing

Nobody picked anything but giving her back her soul.

wew what an unexpected turn of events!11

>choose an anime waifu to trade your soul for
>choose what kind of little girl you want to be
>choose what kind of hugbox you want because you're a pathetic bitch

Thanks for making CYOAs, but still.

Cost and Gain should be different colors, either the word or the number, or both. Or add a +/- before the number.

Because people on Veeky Forums tend towards D&D alignment thinking.
Consensus does not rewrite reality.

Spooky post Tokhaar!

Could this be a halloween surprise?

Or they think moral relativism is for fools.

Fucking this.

>Tok breaks his promises yet again
>Posts a masturbatory song lyric thing along with it
>Calls everybody who dislikes how he does either of the above "haters" and "prudes"
oh no
what a surprise
who could have possibly predicted this
this is definitely a sign of some higher wisdom and not being so far up his own ass he can't see the light of day

To be fair, I probably would have done something like this... when I was twelve

>ghost division
>tank
good song

Tok is our version of TATARI

a cancer that just wont be cured

I expected you to last a bit longer, little morsel. Couldn't live without us? Ah, how shall we mistreat you today? We're going to have such fun, you and us!

And that's a judgment entirely outside any kind of logic, relying entirely on subjective opinions.
The very reason moral relativism exists is that you can't prove objective morality using logical arguments or science, which is why people who believe in objective morality are usually religious, psychologically immature or just have a set of beliefs in which provable facts aren't the ultimate authority.
But in the end, judging ahead of time that selling a soul is a bad thing is a purely subjective judgment. There's nothing inherently negative about subjectively believing in objective morality - but the people who refuse to acknowledge that their opinion is a purely subjective judgment based on personal observation, and who use it to try to refute logical arguments and scientifically proven facts without even debating hypotheticals are scum.
In my subjective opinion, naturally.

>another generic build-a-waifu CYOA with no substance
>but this one is different, she's actually a succubus
Good job Tok, you're an inspiration for us all.

Moral relativists should be gassed.

I think I speak for a bunch of other lurkers when I say that I appreciate his CYOAs and just ignore the drama. Scrolling down is the hard counter to even the most egregious of autism.

Lucifer, listen, you really don't want any of the souls here.

t.Satan

You're the one who has to deal with explaining it in moral objectivist terms, then.
It's a lot harder for someone who believes in an objective set of morals to explain or excuse gassing people than it is when you can decide based on the predicted conclusion.
Moral relativism does not mean a lack of morals, of course, but it means that actions are judged based on the consequences and not on the action itself.
If you are a moral objectivist, murder as a concept is (likely) off-limits, and you have to cherrypick and dredge up excuses in order to do something like that - unless it's okay to kill people you don't like, which turns it into moral relativism with a coat of divine authority.
If you have a clear set of rules that must not be broken instead of an ideal set of goals for any action, you'll find yourself tripped up by hypocrisy a lot.